Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Tyne & Wear Independents Gateshead Central Taxis

Gateshead Central Taxis

Gateshead Central Taxis

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (117) Previous 13 4 5117 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

04 Jun 2014, 3:56 pm #61
(04 Jun 2014, 3:55 pm)Michael Has GNE lost it to?, as i thought it was ran by 2 companies?, Unless iv'e missed the post

If GCT have got it, they'll have all three boards (on services 37 and 73) as the contracts were together as pointed out by tyresmoke. So yes, this will mean that GNE have now lost services 37, 73 and 96A to GCT.
Dan
04 Jun 2014, 3:56 pm #61

(04 Jun 2014, 3:55 pm)Michael Has GNE lost it to?, as i thought it was ran by 2 companies?, Unless iv'e missed the post

If GCT have got it, they'll have all three boards (on services 37 and 73) as the contracts were together as pointed out by tyresmoke. So yes, this will mean that GNE have now lost services 37, 73 and 96A to GCT.

Adrian

04 Jun 2014, 3:56 pm #62

Thought it was listed as combined now, unless that's the 73?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
04 Jun 2014, 3:56 pm #62

Thought it was listed as combined now, unless that's the 73?

Michael

04 Jun 2014, 3:57 pm #63
(04 Jun 2014, 3:56 pm)Dan If GCT have got it, they'll have all three boards (on services 37 and 73) as the contracts were together as pointed out by tyresmoke. So yes, this will mean that GNE have now lost services 37, 73 and 96A to GCT.

Oh right!

Bet it doesn't last before GNE get them back... Does the 37 or 73 ever get full, every time iv'e seen it, they have being empty.

Deptford will also have 2 spare SOLO SR's during the day, unless they gain other contract work.
Edited 04 Jun 2014, 3:59 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Jun 2014, 3:57 pm #63

(04 Jun 2014, 3:56 pm)Dan If GCT have got it, they'll have all three boards (on services 37 and 73) as the contracts were together as pointed out by tyresmoke. So yes, this will mean that GNE have now lost services 37, 73 and 96A to GCT.

Oh right!

Bet it doesn't last before GNE get them back... Does the 37 or 73 ever get full, every time iv'e seen it, they have being empty.

Deptford will also have 2 spare SOLO SR's during the day, unless they gain other contract work.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

20 Jun 2014, 4:13 pm #64
PB1099280/12 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Variation Accepted: Operating between KINGSTON PARK METRO STATION and THROCKLEY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE given service number 71A effective from 31-Aug-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Jun 2014, 4:13 pm #64

PB1099280/12 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD, 53 - 55 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Variation Accepted: Operating between KINGSTON PARK METRO STATION and THROCKLEY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE given service number 71A effective from 31-Aug-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

20 Jun 2014, 7:20 pm #65
Does anyone know what buses Central taxis are getting yet for the new services

Jmoss
jaimz13
20 Jun 2014, 7:20 pm #65

Does anyone know what buses Central taxis are getting yet for the new services

Jmoss

tyresmoke

20 Jun 2014, 8:50 pm #66
(20 Jun 2014, 7:20 pm)jaimz13 Does anyone know what buses Central taxis are getting yet for the new services

We're still 5 weeks away from the start, so I doubt anyone knows anything yet...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
20 Jun 2014, 8:50 pm #66

(20 Jun 2014, 7:20 pm)jaimz13 Does anyone know what buses Central taxis are getting yet for the new services

We're still 5 weeks away from the start, so I doubt anyone knows anything yet...

20 Jun 2014, 10:12 pm #67
(20 Jun 2014, 8:50 pm)tyresmoke We're still 5 weeks away from the start, so I doubt anyone knows anything yet...

fair enough

Jmoss
jaimz13
20 Jun 2014, 10:12 pm #67

(20 Jun 2014, 8:50 pm)tyresmoke We're still 5 weeks away from the start, so I doubt anyone knows anything yet...

fair enough

Jmoss

Adrian

21 Jun 2014, 3:23 pm #68

GCT have a lot of work to do. New buses, new drivers (I'd assume), and also have to fit in vehicle and route familiarisation. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I think they've taken far too much on.

Adrian
21 Jun 2014, 3:23 pm #68

GCT have a lot of work to do. New buses, new drivers (I'd assume), and also have to fit in vehicle and route familiarisation. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I think they've taken far too much on.

tyresmoke

21 Jun 2014, 3:24 pm #69
(21 Jun 2014, 3:23 pm)aureolin GCT have a lot of work to do. New buses, new drivers (I'd assume), and also have to fit in vehicle and route familiarisation. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I think they've taken far too much on.

I have heard rumours that they have won some of the miscellaneous boards (schools mainly) too - but nothing official to back that up yet...

tyresmoke
21 Jun 2014, 3:24 pm #69

(21 Jun 2014, 3:23 pm)aureolin GCT have a lot of work to do. New buses, new drivers (I'd assume), and also have to fit in vehicle and route familiarisation. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I think they've taken far too much on.

I have heard rumours that they have won some of the miscellaneous boards (schools mainly) too - but nothing official to back that up yet...

Malarkey

21 Jun 2014, 8:54 pm #70
(21 Jun 2014, 3:24 pm)tyresmoke I have heard rumours that they have won some of the miscellaneous boards (schools mainly) too - but nothing official to back that up yet...

Anthony Armitage told me Yesterday that GCT were getting some Deckers for Scholars and Solos for the other contracts, as always the case with Anthony the Information he provided was taken with a pince of Salt, I personally would love to know where GCT are going to get these Vehicles from and where are they going to store them.
Malarkey
21 Jun 2014, 8:54 pm #70

(21 Jun 2014, 3:24 pm)tyresmoke I have heard rumours that they have won some of the miscellaneous boards (schools mainly) too - but nothing official to back that up yet...

Anthony Armitage told me Yesterday that GCT were getting some Deckers for Scholars and Solos for the other contracts, as always the case with Anthony the Information he provided was taken with a pince of Salt, I personally would love to know where GCT are going to get these Vehicles from and where are they going to store them.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Jun 2014, 9:16 pm #71
(21 Jun 2014, 8:54 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Anthony Armitage told me Yesterday that GCT were getting some Deckers for Scholars and Solos for the other contracts, as always the case with Anthony the Information he provided was taken with a pince of Salt, I personally would love to know where GCT are going to get these Vehicles from and where are they going to store them.

Another thing that'll be on their "to do list" in the next 5 weeks - find a depot!
I know they use a lot of the road at Felling already, and that's without however many extra buses are needed. This isn't particularly secure either...

Like aureolin, I think GCT have bitten off way more than they can chew - and although I'd love to be proven wrong, I think they're going to learn this the hard way. They were accumulating a substantial amount of fines from Nexus for the work that they already have, and I could only imagine it's going to get worse...
Dan
21 Jun 2014, 9:16 pm #71

(21 Jun 2014, 8:54 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Anthony Armitage told me Yesterday that GCT were getting some Deckers for Scholars and Solos for the other contracts, as always the case with Anthony the Information he provided was taken with a pince of Salt, I personally would love to know where GCT are going to get these Vehicles from and where are they going to store them.

Another thing that'll be on their "to do list" in the next 5 weeks - find a depot!
I know they use a lot of the road at Felling already, and that's without however many extra buses are needed. This isn't particularly secure either...

Like aureolin, I think GCT have bitten off way more than they can chew - and although I'd love to be proven wrong, I think they're going to learn this the hard way. They were accumulating a substantial amount of fines from Nexus for the work that they already have, and I could only imagine it's going to get worse...

GuyParkRoyal

22 Jun 2014, 7:07 am #72
(21 Jun 2014, 9:16 pm)Dan Another thing that'll be on their "to do list" in the next 5 weeks - find a depot!

GCT have a secure compound for storing buses at Albert Road, Jarrow in addition to the space they use at Felling. I will take a look the next time I am in Jarrow to see how much space is available to store extra buses.
GuyParkRoyal
22 Jun 2014, 7:07 am #72

(21 Jun 2014, 9:16 pm)Dan Another thing that'll be on their "to do list" in the next 5 weeks - find a depot!

GCT have a secure compound for storing buses at Albert Road, Jarrow in addition to the space they use at Felling. I will take a look the next time I am in Jarrow to see how much space is available to store extra buses.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Jun 2014, 7:10 am #73
(22 Jun 2014, 7:07 am)GuyParkRoyal GCT have a secure compound for storing buses at Albert Road, Jarrow in addition to the space they use at Felling. I will take a look the next time I am in Jarrow to see how much space is available to store extra buses.

Tyresmoke was telling me about that one in Jarrow the other day, but from a quick look on Google Maps, it just looked like a normal street - so I assumed they kept a few of the 16 seater taxi vans there that occasionally creep up onto service work.

Would be nice if you could get photos..pretty pretty please? Wink

Saves me and others going! Big Grin
Dan
22 Jun 2014, 7:10 am #73

(22 Jun 2014, 7:07 am)GuyParkRoyal GCT have a secure compound for storing buses at Albert Road, Jarrow in addition to the space they use at Felling. I will take a look the next time I am in Jarrow to see how much space is available to store extra buses.

Tyresmoke was telling me about that one in Jarrow the other day, but from a quick look on Google Maps, it just looked like a normal street - so I assumed they kept a few of the 16 seater taxi vans there that occasionally creep up onto service work.

GuyParkRoyal

22 Jun 2014, 7:31 am #74
(22 Jun 2014, 7:10 am)Dan Tyresmoke was telling me about that one in Jarrow the other day, but from a quick look on Google Maps, it just looked like a normal street - so I assumed they kept a few of the 16 seater taxi vans there that occasionally creep up onto service work.

I will get some photos when I next pass which should be the middle part of this week.
For anyone that wants to take a look at the compound it is located at the rear of the car wash on Albert Road opposite Paul's Chip Shop on the route of GNE 27 & 88.
GuyParkRoyal
22 Jun 2014, 7:31 am #74

(22 Jun 2014, 7:10 am)Dan Tyresmoke was telling me about that one in Jarrow the other day, but from a quick look on Google Maps, it just looked like a normal street - so I assumed they kept a few of the 16 seater taxi vans there that occasionally creep up onto service work.

I will get some photos when I next pass which should be the middle part of this week.
For anyone that wants to take a look at the compound it is located at the rear of the car wash on Albert Road opposite Paul's Chip Shop on the route of GNE 27 & 88.

Andreos1

22 Jun 2014, 9:23 am #75
I am prepared to give them a chance and let them prove their worth.

It seems pointless GCT taking on these contracts, going to the trouble of recruiting additional staff and then adding to their outgoings by incurring fines by not having suitable vehicles.

I am quietly optimistic with this one.
Edited 22 Jun 2014, 9:46 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
22 Jun 2014, 9:23 am #75

I am prepared to give them a chance and let them prove their worth.

It seems pointless GCT taking on these contracts, going to the trouble of recruiting additional staff and then adding to their outgoings by incurring fines by not having suitable vehicles.

I am quietly optimistic with this one.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

GuyParkRoyal

22 Jun 2014, 3:24 pm #76
I managed to make a rapid stop by at GCT base in Jarrow and took some very quick photo's.
While there is not a massive amount of space for more buses if some of the rental vans and HGV's moved to the caravan storage side of the site extra buses could be accommodated.
Attached Files
.jpg
P6220007.jpg
Size 1.32 MB / Downloads 42
.jpg
P6220005.jpg
Size 1.48 MB / Downloads 35
.jpg
P6220004.jpg
Size 1.4 MB / Downloads 25
.jpg
P6220001.jpg
Size 1.34 MB / Downloads 28
.jpg
P6220002.jpg
Size 1.52 MB / Downloads 27
GuyParkRoyal
22 Jun 2014, 3:24 pm #76

I managed to make a rapid stop by at GCT base in Jarrow and took some very quick photo's.
While there is not a massive amount of space for more buses if some of the rental vans and HGV's moved to the caravan storage side of the site extra buses could be accommodated.

Attached Files
.jpg
P6220007.jpg
Size 1.32 MB / Downloads 42
.jpg
P6220005.jpg
Size 1.48 MB / Downloads 35
.jpg
P6220004.jpg
Size 1.4 MB / Downloads 25
.jpg
P6220001.jpg
Size 1.34 MB / Downloads 28
.jpg
P6220002.jpg
Size 1.52 MB / Downloads 27

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Jun 2014, 3:38 pm #77
(22 Jun 2014, 3:24 pm)GuyParkRoyal I managed to make a rapid stop by at GCT base in Jarrow and took some very quick photo's.

Cheers!
Doesn't look like there would be enough room for the amount of vehicles required for all of the contracts they've taken on, that's for sure.
Dan
22 Jun 2014, 3:38 pm #77

(22 Jun 2014, 3:24 pm)GuyParkRoyal I managed to make a rapid stop by at GCT base in Jarrow and took some very quick photo's.

Cheers!
Doesn't look like there would be enough room for the amount of vehicles required for all of the contracts they've taken on, that's for sure.

Adrian

22 Jun 2014, 4:03 pm #78
(22 Jun 2014, 3:38 pm)Dan Cheers!

Definitely not. I don't think it's just a case of moving all the vans either, as they can't just be moved into thin air. I hope they have something up their sleeves in terms of storage.

Adrian
22 Jun 2014, 4:03 pm #78

Definitely not. I don't think it's just a case of moving all the vans either, as they can't just be moved into thin air. I hope they have something up their sleeves in terms of storage.

peter

22 Jun 2014, 5:45 pm #79

It's just a shame the Sunderland Road depot is being demolished, otherwise they could have moved there with all the work they are taking on!! Tongue
peter
22 Jun 2014, 5:45 pm #79

It's just a shame the Sunderland Road depot is being demolished, otherwise they could have moved there with all the work they are taking on!! Tongue

GuyParkRoyal

23 Jun 2014, 10:51 am #80
VOSA authorisation for GCT is 10 buses at Holly Hill in Felling and 4 buses at Albert Road in Jarrow. So it will be interesting to see what the PVR will be for the existing and new contracts.
GuyParkRoyal
23 Jun 2014, 10:51 am #80

VOSA authorisation for GCT is 10 buses at Holly Hill in Felling and 4 buses at Albert Road in Jarrow. So it will be interesting to see what the PVR will be for the existing and new contracts.

Pages (117) Previous 13 4 5117 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average