Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Tyne & Wear Independents Gateshead Central Taxis

Gateshead Central Taxis

Gateshead Central Taxis

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (116): Previous 189 90 91116 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

16 Jun 2021, 8:09 pm #1,781
(16 Jun 2021, 7:50 pm)V514DFT Any proof?,or was it just gossip?

Gossip which is almost certainly true - this type of thing is a daily occurrence, and is well documented on this forum and elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
16 Jun 2021, 8:09 pm #1,781

(16 Jun 2021, 7:50 pm)V514DFT Any proof?,or was it just gossip?

Gossip which is almost certainly true - this type of thing is a daily occurrence, and is well documented on this forum and elsewhere.

V514DFT

16 Jun 2021, 8:17 pm #1,782
(16 Jun 2021, 8:09 pm)Dan Gossip which is almost certainly true - this type of thing is a daily occurrence, and is well documented on this forum and elsewhere.

Thats what i thought

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
16 Jun 2021, 8:17 pm #1,782

(16 Jun 2021, 8:09 pm)Dan Gossip which is almost certainly true - this type of thing is a daily occurrence, and is well documented on this forum and elsewhere.

Thats what i thought

Kind Regards
Tez

16 Jun 2021, 8:25 pm #1,783
It was from the driver itself. The woman started by asking why the W3 wasn't running last week. Then he said all that. Dk why u would tell an old woman on your bus.
Micheal Aaron
16 Jun 2021, 8:25 pm #1,783

It was from the driver itself. The woman started by asking why the W3 wasn't running last week. Then he said all that. Dk why u would tell an old woman on your bus.

17 Jun 2021, 2:03 pm #1,784
(16 Jun 2021, 8:25 pm)Micheal Aaron It was from the driver itself. The woman started by asking why the W3 wasn't running last week. Then he said all that. Dk why u would tell an old woman on your bus.

Blame deflection - makes sure the aggrieved would-be passenger knows it's the Company's fault and not the driver's.  Although that then backfires when the statement leaks out and gets back to the manglement's ears ....

If all that we see reported here is true, I don't think Nexus can remain blameless either - yes, they want to get the bus service for as little as possible, but it would seem that they're paying out a lot of money and not getting what they've paid for.  Do they not even check that services run?  Or that the specified standards are met?

(Rhetorical question, I think .... they either don't check, or don't care, neither of which shows them in a good light)
Ianthegoon
17 Jun 2021, 2:03 pm #1,784

(16 Jun 2021, 8:25 pm)Micheal Aaron It was from the driver itself. The woman started by asking why the W3 wasn't running last week. Then he said all that. Dk why u would tell an old woman on your bus.

Blame deflection - makes sure the aggrieved would-be passenger knows it's the Company's fault and not the driver's.  Although that then backfires when the statement leaks out and gets back to the manglement's ears ....

If all that we see reported here is true, I don't think Nexus can remain blameless either - yes, they want to get the bus service for as little as possible, but it would seem that they're paying out a lot of money and not getting what they've paid for.  Do they not even check that services run?  Or that the specified standards are met?

(Rhetorical question, I think .... they either don't check, or don't care, neither of which shows them in a good light)

17 Jun 2021, 2:09 pm #1,785
Tbh. Here's my opinion. Nexus just don't care anymore. If they cared that much contract would ethier stay with who it got took of or hand it to someone who can do the job.

Two contracts got handed to gct and its not even them on it.

The SNS is being ran by L&B and the ferry replacement contract got handed to them as well but that went to L&B as it was there buses. Until GCT bought 3 of them for use of School runs.

Nexus seem to have past cared. I doubt the complaint are read

Yes its an opion
Micheal Aaron
17 Jun 2021, 2:09 pm #1,785

Tbh. Here's my opinion. Nexus just don't care anymore. If they cared that much contract would ethier stay with who it got took of or hand it to someone who can do the job.

The SNS is being ran by L&B and the ferry replacement contract got handed to them as well but that went to L&B as it was there buses. Until GCT bought 3 of them for use of School runs.

Yes its an opion

V514DFT

17 Jun 2021, 2:18 pm #1,786
(17 Jun 2021, 2:09 pm)Micheal Aaron Tbh. Here's my opinion. Nexus just don't care anymore. If they cared that much contract would ethier stay with who it got took of or hand it to someone who can do the job.

Yes its an opion
And ive already said what to do if your not happy with the reponse from Nexus....

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
17 Jun 2021, 2:18 pm #1,786

(17 Jun 2021, 2:09 pm)Micheal Aaron Tbh. Here's my opinion. Nexus just don't care anymore. If they cared that much contract would ethier stay with who it got took of or hand it to someone who can do the job.

Yes its an opion
And ive already said what to do if your not happy with the reponse from Nexus....

Kind Regards
Tez

17 Jun 2021, 4:19 pm #1,787

Yes its an opion

*Yawn* 

Shut up. Nexus do not care,  and never did, GCT don't care and never did. There is no problem with other bus operators running services on GCT's behalf. GCT are unlikely to have the contracts forever (Phoenix got the M71 off GCT in March). Hopefully next March they will lose some other contracts (and likely gain the Newcastle 33/33A, as has been established and doesn't need repeating every 10 minutes). 

Please stop posting such nonsense, it's boring.
OrangeArrow49
17 Jun 2021, 4:19 pm #1,787

Yes its an opion

*Yawn* 

Shut up. Nexus do not care,  and never did, GCT don't care and never did. There is no problem with other bus operators running services on GCT's behalf. GCT are unlikely to have the contracts forever (Phoenix got the M71 off GCT in March). Hopefully next March they will lose some other contracts (and likely gain the Newcastle 33/33A, as has been established and doesn't need repeating every 10 minutes). 

LVK 404L

17 Jun 2021, 6:00 pm #1,788
(17 Jun 2021, 4:19 pm)OrangeArrow49 *Yawn* 

Is there not a more polite way of raising this concern?
LVK 404L
17 Jun 2021, 6:00 pm #1,788

(17 Jun 2021, 4:19 pm)OrangeArrow49 *Yawn* 

Is there not a more polite way of raising this concern?

17 Jun 2021, 6:06 pm #1,789
(17 Jun 2021, 6:00 pm)ifm001 Is there not a more polite way of raising this concern?

Not when it keeps happening, no. Sorry.
OrangeArrow49
17 Jun 2021, 6:06 pm #1,789

(17 Jun 2021, 6:00 pm)ifm001 Is there not a more polite way of raising this concern?

Not when it keeps happening, no. Sorry.

Dan

Site Administrator

17 Jun 2021, 6:22 pm #1,790
(17 Jun 2021, 6:06 pm)OrangeArrow49 Not when it keeps happening, no. Sorry.

Leave the moderating to the moderators of this forum, please.

Dan
17 Jun 2021, 6:22 pm #1,790

Leave the moderating to the moderators of this forum, please.

17 Jun 2021, 6:27 pm #1,791

Let's be honest, apart from the 30-odd new buses a year, a few repaints, a few buses parked in a car park as an "event" nowhere near where anyone lives, and a couple of streets being missed out every so often, there's not really much you can talk about in the North East bus scene before it becomes boring and repetitive...  Big Grin
omnicity4659
17 Jun 2021, 6:27 pm #1,791

Let's be honest, apart from the 30-odd new buses a year, a few repaints, a few buses parked in a car park as an "event" nowhere near where anyone lives, and a couple of streets being missed out every so often, there's not really much you can talk about in the North East bus scene before it becomes boring and repetitive...  Big Grin

Charles41

17 Jun 2021, 6:43 pm #1,792
That's why I got into emergency services vehicles... you meet a better class of nerd Smile

Being serious though this forum seems to be turning into a crusade against Gateshead Central.

Charles
Charles41
17 Jun 2021, 6:43 pm #1,792

That's why I got into emergency services vehicles... you meet a better class of nerd Smile

Being serious though this forum seems to be turning into a crusade against Gateshead Central.

Charles

17 Jun 2021, 9:56 pm #1,793
Well to be honest they ain't exactly helping themselves.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
17 Jun 2021, 9:56 pm #1,793

Well to be honest they ain't exactly helping themselves.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

18 Jun 2021, 9:04 am #1,794
(17 Jun 2021, 6:43 pm)Charles41 That's why I got into emergency services vehicles... you meet a better class of nerd Smile

Charles
I wouldn't say it was a crusade against them, I think there's just an expectation as the tax payer is funding a service which the public can't really rely on.

Buses driving round several minutes early, or very late or not showing up at all. Yes, every operator faces challenges but the same issues with GCT are being flagged time and time again. Given that they have recently been in front of the Traffic Commissioner, it's no surprise they've got people keeping tabs on them.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
18 Jun 2021, 9:04 am #1,794

(17 Jun 2021, 6:43 pm)Charles41 That's why I got into emergency services vehicles... you meet a better class of nerd Smile

Charles
I wouldn't say it was a crusade against them, I think there's just an expectation as the tax payer is funding a service which the public can't really rely on.

Buses driving round several minutes early, or very late or not showing up at all. Yes, every operator faces challenges but the same issues with GCT are being flagged time and time again. Given that they have recently been in front of the Traffic Commissioner, it's no surprise they've got people keeping tabs on them.

18 Jun 2021, 12:55 pm #1,795
(18 Jun 2021, 9:04 am)6049 I wouldn't say it was a crusade against them, I think there's just an expectation as the tax payer is funding a service which the public can't really rely on.

I think everyone seems to forget that the GNE, Arriva and Stagecoach threads are also full of negativity!

Why do GNE 'waste' so much money on repaints, USB ports and WiFi?
Why don't Arriva buy some new buses?
Are Stagecoach going to be banned from Newcastle for not having enough Euro 6 vehicles?

It's not just a case of GNE good, GCT bad!

I'd like to think that if GCT did something positive, it would be shared as well
streetdeckfan
18 Jun 2021, 12:55 pm #1,795

(18 Jun 2021, 9:04 am)6049 I wouldn't say it was a crusade against them, I think there's just an expectation as the tax payer is funding a service which the public can't really rely on.

I think everyone seems to forget that the GNE, Arriva and Stagecoach threads are also full of negativity!

Why do GNE 'waste' so much money on repaints, USB ports and WiFi?
Why don't Arriva buy some new buses?
Are Stagecoach going to be banned from Newcastle for not having enough Euro 6 vehicles?

It's not just a case of GNE good, GCT bad!

I'd like to think that if GCT did something positive, it would be shared as well

GuyParkRoyal

19 Jun 2021, 2:29 pm #1,796
If the Nexus information board at Washington Galleries is correct (photo attached below) the 11:13 and 12:13 Barley Mow service 23 did not operate.
Attached Files
.jpg
20210619_111147.jpg
Size: 1.73 MB / Downloads: 58
GuyParkRoyal
19 Jun 2021, 2:29 pm #1,796

If the Nexus information board at Washington Galleries is correct (photo attached below) the 11:13 and 12:13 Barley Mow service 23 did not operate.

Attached Files
.jpg
20210619_111147.jpg
Size: 1.73 MB / Downloads: 58

19 Jun 2021, 2:41 pm #1,797
(19 Jun 2021, 2:29 pm)GuyParkRoyal If the Nexus information board at Washington Galleries is correct (photo attached below) the 11:13 and 12:13 Barley Mow service 23 did not operate.
The 12.13 did operation but left at 12.12 as I photo it as it was OCJ
Micheal Aaron
19 Jun 2021, 2:41 pm #1,797

(19 Jun 2021, 2:29 pm)GuyParkRoyal If the Nexus information board at Washington Galleries is correct (photo attached below) the 11:13 and 12:13 Barley Mow service 23 did not operate.
The 12.13 did operation but left at 12.12 as I photo it as it was OCJ

Rob44

19 Jun 2021, 4:24 pm #1,798
arrvia did not operate the 548 45 to Dinnington or the 619 44 to Dinnington on Thursday. afternoon. So every company has the problem at one time or another.... have i mentioned the time i waited at Durham for a 21 to Low fell with a return GNE ticket and waited from 6pm till after 8pm for a bus to turn up??!!!
Rob44
19 Jun 2021, 4:24 pm #1,798

arrvia did not operate the 548 45 to Dinnington or the 619 44 to Dinnington on Thursday. afternoon. So every company has the problem at one time or another.... have i mentioned the time i waited at Durham for a 21 to Low fell with a return GNE ticket and waited from 6pm till after 8pm for a bus to turn up??!!!

19 Jun 2021, 4:52 pm #1,799
GCT doesn't show up on real time showing how long away the bus is, it just goes off the scheduled departure time than actual departure.

Rapidsnap
19 Jun 2021, 4:52 pm #1,799

GCT doesn't show up on real time showing how long away the bus is, it just goes off the scheduled departure time than actual departure.

19 Jun 2021, 4:54 pm #1,800

I really wouldn't trust them boards, the ones in Park Lane haven't been right for over a year.
deanmachine
19 Jun 2021, 4:54 pm #1,800

I really wouldn't trust them boards, the ones in Park Lane haven't been right for over a year.

Pages (116): Previous 189 90 91116 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average