Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Flickr Favourite Abuse

Flickr Favourite Abuse

Flickr Favourite Abuse

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

17 Apr 2016, 9:38 pm #1
Thought I start a thread off on this as I've had this happen a lot and ended up blocking people.

Basically it gets annoying when you get one person liking every single photo you uploaded. For example I uploaded some Kingsleys photos and one person has liked every single one of them.

So I've ended up blocking the following person on Flickr for favourite abuse. Everytime I end up blocking someone, they will be added to my first (this) post.

Blocked on Flickr for Favourite Abuse
kyle163

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
17 Apr 2016, 9:38 pm #1

Thought I start a thread off on this as I've had this happen a lot and ended up blocking people.

Basically it gets annoying when you get one person liking every single photo you uploaded. For example I uploaded some Kingsleys photos and one person has liked every single one of them.

So I've ended up blocking the following person on Flickr for favourite abuse. Everytime I end up blocking someone, they will be added to my first (this) post.

kyle163

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Jimmi

17 Apr 2016, 10:05 pm #2
(17 Apr 2016, 9:38 pm)GMitchelhill Thought I start a thread off on this as I've had this happen a lot and ended up blocking people.

kyle163
I used to get annoyed about this but I'm not really fussed about this anymore, people can fave how many photos they want, that said though there is some kid who keeps faving all my Stephensons of Easingwold photos over and over again, been happening at least once a fortnight for the last two months or so, no idea why!
Jimmi
17 Apr 2016, 10:05 pm #2

(17 Apr 2016, 9:38 pm)GMitchelhill Thought I start a thread off on this as I've had this happen a lot and ended up blocking people.

kyle163
I used to get annoyed about this but I'm not really fussed about this anymore, people can fave how many photos they want, that said though there is some kid who keeps faving all my Stephensons of Easingwold photos over and over again, been happening at least once a fortnight for the last two months or so, no idea why!

LeeCalder

17 Apr 2016, 10:13 pm #3
I've decided to turn my notifications off on the app....
LeeCalder
17 Apr 2016, 10:13 pm #3

I've decided to turn my notifications off on the app....

17 Apr 2016, 10:37 pm #4
I admit I may have been "abusing" the like button by liking a
]few of someone's uploads, though I just do it because I know who they are or there spammed me first, I never intend to do it for likes back, I just do it because I know the person.

I'm sorry if I've annoyed anyone.
Edited 17 Apr 2016, 10:38 pm by South Tyne Lad.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
17 Apr 2016, 10:37 pm #4

I admit I may have been "abusing" the like button by liking a
]few of someone's uploads, though I just do it because I know who they are or there spammed me first, I never intend to do it for likes back, I just do it because I know the person.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

17 Apr 2016, 10:44 pm #5
I don't mind if it's a fellow genuine decent photographer I would rather have 20 likes from South Tyne Lad as opposed to someone with no photos of their own, but the guy who was doing it didn't have photos of his own up, which does lead to concerns of theft. Ok I know my photos aren't the easiest to steal due to the watermarking but I guess that might be down to paranoia that I'm wary of people with no photos of their own. In addition to this, I also block Alician Reiley or something. He's from down south and has been known to steal photos, and recently had a court issue ordered placed against him for non bus reasons.
Edited 17 Apr 2016, 10:45 pm by Rapidsnap.

Rapidsnap
17 Apr 2016, 10:44 pm #5

I don't mind if it's a fellow genuine decent photographer I would rather have 20 likes from South Tyne Lad as opposed to someone with no photos of their own, but the guy who was doing it didn't have photos of his own up, which does lead to concerns of theft. Ok I know my photos aren't the easiest to steal due to the watermarking but I guess that might be down to paranoia that I'm wary of people with no photos of their own. In addition to this, I also block Alician Reiley or something. He's from down south and has been known to steal photos, and recently had a court issue ordered placed against him for non bus reasons.

Michael

17 Apr 2016, 10:47 pm #6
I have Flickr but no pictures on it, only got 30 favs.

Edit: make that 21 favs not 30.
Edited 17 Apr 2016, 10:56 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Apr 2016, 10:47 pm #6

I have Flickr but no pictures on it, only got 30 favs.

Edit: make that 21 favs not 30.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

17 Apr 2016, 10:55 pm #7
(17 Apr 2016, 10:44 pm)GMitchelhill I don't mind if it's a fellow genuine decent photographer I would rather have 20 likes from South Tyne Lad as opposed to someone with no photos of their own, but the guy who was doing it didn't have photos of his own up, which does lead to concerns of theft. Ok I know my photos aren't the easiest to steal due to the watermarking but I guess that might be down to paranoia that I'm wary of people with no photos of their own. In addition to this, I also block Alician Reiley or something. He's from down south and has been known to steal photos, and recently had a court issue ordered placed against him for non bus reasons.

Ah right.

There is a few Flickr accounts that have been known for theft of other photographers items, and that's why I don't follow them.
With my Flickr now getting attention from all around the UK it's maybe time I start copyrighting my photos too, though I'm currently on holiday so I won't be posting for another week or two from now.

South Tyne Lad
17 Apr 2016, 10:55 pm #7

(17 Apr 2016, 10:44 pm)GMitchelhill I don't mind if it's a fellow genuine decent photographer I would rather have 20 likes from South Tyne Lad as opposed to someone with no photos of their own, but the guy who was doing it didn't have photos of his own up, which does lead to concerns of theft. Ok I know my photos aren't the easiest to steal due to the watermarking but I guess that might be down to paranoia that I'm wary of people with no photos of their own. In addition to this, I also block Alician Reiley or something. He's from down south and has been known to steal photos, and recently had a court issue ordered placed against him for non bus reasons.

Ah right.

There is a few Flickr accounts that have been known for theft of other photographers items, and that's why I don't follow them.
With my Flickr now getting attention from all around the UK it's maybe time I start copyrighting my photos too, though I'm currently on holiday so I won't be posting for another week or two from now.

17 Apr 2016, 10:57 pm #8
(17 Apr 2016, 10:47 pm)Michael I have Flickr but no pictures on it, only got 30 favs.

You should start bus photography, I hesitated at first but now it's a great way to spend a few hours on outings doing.
I prefer to take my photos in scenic places so I don't get as much photos in a day as the cling on corner squad but I still get a few.

It's a great way to spend time Smile

South Tyne Lad
17 Apr 2016, 10:57 pm #8

(17 Apr 2016, 10:47 pm)Michael I have Flickr but no pictures on it, only got 30 favs.

You should start bus photography, I hesitated at first but now it's a great way to spend a few hours on outings doing.
I prefer to take my photos in scenic places so I don't get as much photos in a day as the cling on corner squad but I still get a few.

Michael

17 Apr 2016, 11:01 pm #9
(17 Apr 2016, 10:57 pm)South Tyne Lad You should start bus photography, I hesitated at first but now it's a great way to spend a few hours on outings doing.

I would like to but i just don't have time.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Apr 2016, 11:01 pm #9

(17 Apr 2016, 10:57 pm)South Tyne Lad You should start bus photography, I hesitated at first but now it's a great way to spend a few hours on outings doing.

I would like to but i just don't have time.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

17 Apr 2016, 11:55 pm #10
(17 Apr 2016, 10:37 pm)South Tyne Lad I admit I may have been "abusing" the like button by liking a

I personally don't have any issues with you or anyone else doing this.

I've only had to call people twice over stolen photos, unfortunately the first instance where this happened caused some damage as it was the first photo of this bus following a repaint. In my experiences at least it happens so rarely that I personally don't feel the need to watermark my photos as it can take time uploading the photos to Flickr and no doubt watermarking them would only increase the upload times, I also don't do it for convenience reasons as if anyone ever wants to use one of my photos for something I can just pull the photo straight from my photostream to send it to them rather than having to dig the photo out from my external hard drive where I have to figure out what date the photograph was taken and find it in the relevant folder. I personally tend to find that watermarking can ruin photos especially if an incredibly bold font with solid text. One person to watch out for especially if you upload Rail photos is James Crook, seriously block him on everything!
Edited 18 Apr 2016, 12:03 am by Jimmi.
Jimmi
17 Apr 2016, 11:55 pm #10

(17 Apr 2016, 10:37 pm)South Tyne Lad I admit I may have been "abusing" the like button by liking a

I personally don't have any issues with you or anyone else doing this.

I've only had to call people twice over stolen photos, unfortunately the first instance where this happened caused some damage as it was the first photo of this bus following a repaint. In my experiences at least it happens so rarely that I personally don't feel the need to watermark my photos as it can take time uploading the photos to Flickr and no doubt watermarking them would only increase the upload times, I also don't do it for convenience reasons as if anyone ever wants to use one of my photos for something I can just pull the photo straight from my photostream to send it to them rather than having to dig the photo out from my external hard drive where I have to figure out what date the photograph was taken and find it in the relevant folder. I personally tend to find that watermarking can ruin photos especially if an incredibly bold font with solid text. One person to watch out for especially if you upload Rail photos is James Crook, seriously block him on everything!

19 Apr 2016, 6:20 pm #11
All,

Just a polite reminder, this thread has potential for some members to contravene our forum rules (see here); and therefore will be closely moderated.

Please can we all double check what we type (note: not only to this topic!) before replying.

If something is posted that is not in adherence to the rules, the post may be removed and action taken against the relevant party(ies).

Sean

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
19 Apr 2016, 6:20 pm #11

All,

Just a polite reminder, this thread has potential for some members to contravene our forum rules (see here); and therefore will be closely moderated.

Please can we all double check what we type (note: not only to this topic!) before replying.

If something is posted that is not in adherence to the rules, the post may be removed and action taken against the relevant party(ies).

Sean

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average