Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators International Bus Operators

International Bus Operators

International Bus Operators

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

20 Apr 2016, 7:52 pm #1
A new thread on Bus Operators not in the UK.

Had a few spare few hours to spare today in the U.S. So what better than to try my Hotels local Route 37, Operated by County owned HART Transit using there fleet of one or two hundred buses with the majority built by U.S. Manufacturer Gillig. No sign of Streetlites round here.....

Journey 1 Brandon Mall - Netpark Transit Centre HART **04 Gillig BRT

A batch of around 12 buses I believe new to HART a few years ago, Driver was very helpful.
Powered by a 9.1L Cummins ISL engine and a Allison World Series? Gearbox, The bus handled the route with ease.

Journey 2 Netpark Transit Centre - Brandon Mall HART 24** Gillig CNG

The newest batch of Gilligs in the fleet, New in 2015 and powered by CNG and a Cummins ISL 8.9L and the Next Gen Allison that is setup similarly to the Indigo Optare Solos back in England.
Very early gear changes provided a even smoother ride than the older Gillig I had earlier but a few gear jerks here and there when the driver put his foot down though they are nowhere near as bad as Streetlites.
No rattles on either vehicles and have a great build quality. Though Americans need a bit catching up on design though.

No photos of them as there wasn't any pleasant locations to get them in.

I return home on Saturday.

Hope you enjoyed this short review Smile

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
20 Apr 2016, 7:52 pm #1

A new thread on Bus Operators not in the UK.

Had a few spare few hours to spare today in the U.S. So what better than to try my Hotels local Route 37, Operated by County owned HART Transit using there fleet of one or two hundred buses with the majority built by U.S. Manufacturer Gillig. No sign of Streetlites round here.....

Journey 1 Brandon Mall - Netpark Transit Centre HART **04 Gillig BRT

A batch of around 12 buses I believe new to HART a few years ago, Driver was very helpful.