Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events The future of rallies in the North East

The future of rallies in the North East

The future of rallies in the North East

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (6) Previous 1 2 3 46 Next
Tom

04 Aug 2016, 6:43 pm #41
(04 Aug 2016, 6:26 pm)Adrian Tom, to be fair, you never bother going to them anyway.  Dodgy

Michael, I'd suggest its more down to the way the events are organised, rather than what turns up. NEBPT tend to rely on a few local groups to turn out at each event, and in turn bolster their numbers at the rallies. Specifically Tyneside Heritage Vehicles, County Durham Bus Preservation Group, the Northern National Restoration Group and the 500 Group. 

THV and CDBPG sent one vehicle each to Durham, and I don't think either bothered with Whitley Bay, which made the rallies look bare. NEBPT have enough of their own preserved vehicles to bring along, but even their own numbers have been scarse this year.

Elsewhere in the UK, rallies seem to get guests turn up from all over. Aside from the odd few at the Metrocentre, that simply doesn't happen here. Lothian have plenty of preserved buses just north of the border, and I can only remember one occasion when they've sent a bus. I find that puzzling, unless non-NE groups simply don't want to take part in our events?

I used to go to most of them when they were actually decent and not the same old crap! Maybe if they done something different I would go but what's the point in going to see the same old buses which don't change
Tom
04 Aug 2016, 6:43 pm #41

(04 Aug 2016, 6:26 pm)Adrian Tom, to be fair, you never bother going to them anyway.  Dodgy

Michael, I'd suggest its more down to the way the events are organised, rather than what turns up. NEBPT tend to rely on a few local groups to turn out at each event, and in turn bolster their numbers at the rallies. Specifically Tyneside Heritage Vehicles, County Durham Bus Preservation Group, the Northern National Restoration Group and the 500 Group. 

THV and CDBPG sent one vehicle each to Durham, and I don't think either bothered with Whitley Bay, which made the rallies look bare. NEBPT have enough of their own preserved vehicles to bring along, but even their own numbers have been scarse this year.

Elsewhere in the UK, rallies seem to get guests turn up from all over. Aside from the odd few at the Metrocentre, that simply doesn't happen here. Lothian have plenty of preserved buses just north of the border, and I can only remember one occasion when they've sent a bus. I find that puzzling, unless non-NE groups simply don't want to take part in our events?

I used to go to most of them when they were actually decent and not the same old crap! Maybe if they done something different I would go but what's the point in going to see the same old buses which don't change

Jimmi

04 Aug 2016, 7:04 pm #42
(04 Aug 2016, 6:43 pm)Tom I used to go to most of them when they were actually decent and not the same old crap! Maybe if they done something different I would go but what's the point in going to see the same old buses which don't change
Wouldn't be so bad if there was SOME different things at these rallies each year, but it's few and far between. Last year was actually quite good but this year feels like a repeat of last year but with bits missing, sadly in some cases the stuff you want and now it just feels a bit off now with the negativity surrounding them. I mainly go to them to catch up with people.

I will still be attending the Seaburn Rally this year as it may still be a decent day out.
Jimmi
04 Aug 2016, 7:04 pm #42

(04 Aug 2016, 6:43 pm)Tom I used to go to most of them when they were actually decent and not the same old crap! Maybe if they done something different I would go but what's the point in going to see the same old buses which don't change
Wouldn't be so bad if there was SOME different things at these rallies each year, but it's few and far between. Last year was actually quite good but this year feels like a repeat of last year but with bits missing, sadly in some cases the stuff you want and now it just feels a bit off now with the negativity surrounding them. I mainly go to them to catch up with people.

I will still be attending the Seaburn Rally this year as it may still be a decent day out.

Tom

04 Aug 2016, 7:08 pm #43
(04 Aug 2016, 7:04 pm)Jimmi Wouldn't be so bad if there was SOME different things at these rallies each year, but it's few and far between. Last year was actually quite good but this year feels like a repeat of last year but with bits missing, sadly in some cases the stuff you want and now it just feels a bit off now with the negativity surrounding them. I mainly go to them to catch up with people.

Exactly there is no point in me going. I actually did enjoy the rallies in the past and used to go to most of them but now they're just not the same unfortunately.

Something needs to change as when I was at the Metrocentre one I couldn't believe how bad the turnout was! Just shows it isn't me who thinks the same!!
Tom
04 Aug 2016, 7:08 pm #43

(04 Aug 2016, 7:04 pm)Jimmi Wouldn't be so bad if there was SOME different things at these rallies each year, but it's few and far between. Last year was actually quite good but this year feels like a repeat of last year but with bits missing, sadly in some cases the stuff you want and now it just feels a bit off now with the negativity surrounding them. I mainly go to them to catch up with people.

Exactly there is no point in me going. I actually did enjoy the rallies in the past and used to go to most of them but now they're just not the same unfortunately.

Something needs to change as when I was at the Metrocentre one I couldn't believe how bad the turnout was! Just shows it isn't me who thinks the same!!

Jimmi

04 Aug 2016, 7:18 pm #44
(04 Aug 2016, 7:08 pm)Tom Exactly there is no point in me going. I actually did enjoy the rallies in the past and used to go to most of them but now they're just not the same unfortunately.

Next year, I think I will only be doing: 500 Group's Running Day, MetroCentre, possibly Durham and Seaburn. Can't be chewed on with Whitley Bay again. May be doing something else when the Shildon Rally is on this year.
Jimmi
04 Aug 2016, 7:18 pm #44

(04 Aug 2016, 7:08 pm)Tom Exactly there is no point in me going. I actually did enjoy the rallies in the past and used to go to most of them but now they're just not the same unfortunately.

Next year, I think I will only be doing: 500 Group's Running Day, MetroCentre, possibly Durham and Seaburn. Can't be chewed on with Whitley Bay again. May be doing something else when the Shildon Rally is on this year.

05 Aug 2016, 7:05 am #45
I agree with Tom here, it isn't worth it to go and see the same buses as per previous rallies parked up. Shuttles are always going tits up and there's hardly anything else to do except buses this and buses that.

I'll stick to the MetroCentre rally if I want to attend a decent rally, with other optional things to do.
omnicity4659
05 Aug 2016, 7:05 am #45

I agree with Tom here, it isn't worth it to go and see the same buses as per previous rallies parked up. Shuttles are always going tits up and there's hardly anything else to do except buses this and buses that.

I'll stick to the MetroCentre rally if I want to attend a decent rally, with other optional things to do.

13 Aug 2016, 11:55 am #46
Hello.
We gave people something new this year in R855PRG. Yet she hasn't brought in the crowds as we thought she might. That said mind. We did not get her to get rally attendances up. I alone decided that I would save A Volvo B10BLE as nobody else would.

One of the reasons that we have poor attendances from outside the region I think is that the North East is stigmatized as A flat cap and grease jacket domain and we haven't got anything worth wile coming to see. Also very little or no publicity. We did the Bishop Auckland Station Event 3 weeks ago. This was publicized on Bishop FM, Facebook and our web site. So we have A good amount of people coming to ride on FTN 710W.

At Seaburn LAG188V will be coming again along with A few others. However after A long trip that last thing the owners want is to let them go on shuttles. Your average diesel fuelled car will get around 45 mpg. Taking 4855 for example she gets around 8 at best. So the cost of bringing her down and back from Tow Law (40 mile round trip) doing A shuttle run (10 miles) burns A lot of fuel. 16 gallon just for that trip. That's 112P A litre. That 75 litres of fuel costs £84. That's just A rough guide.  

So wile we get the same buses coming to these events think of those who do actually come with A bus and the cost that's involved. For Seaburn it will cost us around £250 in fuel for 4710 and 4855 as we are doing other things that day. That comes out of 4 peoples pockets.

Having said all that. If you go into bus preservation you have to be prepared to spend the money. No restorationist is A tight wad...

PS... Don't for get the road run September 4th at Consett 12.00.
Edited 13 Aug 2016, 11:56 am by Craig Smith.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.
Craig Smith
13 Aug 2016, 11:55 am #46

Hello.
We gave people something new this year in R855PRG. Yet she hasn't brought in the crowds as we thought she might. That said mind. We did not get her to get rally attendances up. I alone decided that I would save A Volvo B10BLE as nobody else would.

One of the reasons that we have poor attendances from outside the region I think is that the North East is stigmatized as A flat cap and grease jacket domain and we haven't got anything worth wile coming to see. Also very little or no publicity. We did the Bishop Auckland Station Event 3 weeks ago. This was publicized on Bishop FM, Facebook and our web site. So we have A good amount of people coming to ride on FTN 710W.

At Seaburn LAG188V will be coming again along with A few others. However after A long trip that last thing the owners want is to let them go on shuttles. Your average diesel fuelled car will get around 45 mpg. Taking 4855 for example she gets around 8 at best. So the cost of bringing her down and back from Tow Law (40 mile round trip) doing A shuttle run (10 miles) burns A lot of fuel. 16 gallon just for that trip. That's 112P A litre. That 75 litres of fuel costs £84. That's just A rough guide.  

So wile we get the same buses coming to these events think of those who do actually come with A bus and the cost that's involved. For Seaburn it will cost us around £250 in fuel for 4710 and 4855 as we are doing other things that day. That comes out of 4 peoples pockets.

Having said all that. If you go into bus preservation you have to be prepared to spend the money. No restorationist is A tight wad...

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.

BusLoverMum

13 Aug 2016, 7:52 pm #47
Husbamd was admiring the paintwork on R855PRG, last weekend Smile
BusLoverMum
13 Aug 2016, 7:52 pm #47

Husbamd was admiring the paintwork on R855PRG, last weekend Smile

15 Aug 2016, 7:59 pm #48
(13 Aug 2016, 11:55 am)Craig Smith pid='\'177494 Hello.

Within the last 12 months there have been several new vehicles appearing at the local rallies. Like Craig points out, he has R855PRG which has just been restored. I myself have just finished FTN708W, and other buses from my group include C656LJR and AUP369W, all of which are new to the scene. Tyneside Heritage Vehicles have also displayed a couple of new purchases too. Having attended rallies for a good few years now, I think that this has been one of the better years for new displays.
C522LJR
15 Aug 2016, 7:59 pm #48

(13 Aug 2016, 11:55 am)Craig Smith pid='\'177494 Hello.

Within the last 12 months there have been several new vehicles appearing at the local rallies. Like Craig points out, he has R855PRG which has just been restored. I myself have just finished FTN708W, and other buses from my group include C656LJR and AUP369W, all of which are new to the scene. Tyneside Heritage Vehicles have also displayed a couple of new purchases too. Having attended rallies for a good few years now, I think that this has been one of the better years for new displays.

Adrian

15 Aug 2016, 8:13 pm #49
(15 Aug 2016, 7:59 pm)C522LJR Within the last 12 months there have been several new vehicles appearing at the local rallies. Like Craig points out, he has R855PRG which has just been restored. I myself have just finished FTN708W, and other buses from my group include C656LJR and AUP369W, all of which are new to the scene. Tyneside Heritage Vehicles have also displayed a couple of new purchases too. Having attended rallies for a good few years now, I think that this has been one of the better years for new displays.

Fixed your post. Not sure what had happened, but it had merged with Craig's post!

I agree - I think for new entrants, this year has been one of the busiest in certainly the past few years. This year of course being the return of the Go North East blue/red/yellow livery, which I guess is more recognisable to some of the younger members of the forum. It certainly does with me, although I don't think I can claim the 'young' tag these days. Smile

I just think we could be so much better event wise, and really showcase the North East. There is no question that we have a lot of fantastic preservation examples, across a number of hard working groups. I just see it as a shame that the Metrocentre is the biggest they get as a showcase up here, but I guess that's only because we don't have a 'big' event.

I know Beamish was spoken about recently, and I really hope something like that comes off. I'm sure this site would heavily support such an idea, with the amount of hits we get from the North East and beyond.

I'll shut up now, as I'm conscious of clogging up the Seaburn thread!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
15 Aug 2016, 8:13 pm #49

(15 Aug 2016, 7:59 pm)C522LJR Within the last 12 months there have been several new vehicles appearing at the local rallies. Like Craig points out, he has R855PRG which has just been restored. I myself have just finished FTN708W, and other buses from my group include C656LJR and AUP369W, all of which are new to the scene. Tyneside Heritage Vehicles have also displayed a couple of new purchases too. Having attended rallies for a good few years now, I think that this has been one of the better years for new displays.

Fixed your post. Not sure what had happened, but it had merged with Craig's post!

I agree - I think for new entrants, this year has been one of the busiest in certainly the past few years. This year of course being the return of the Go North East blue/red/yellow livery, which I guess is more recognisable to some of the younger members of the forum. It certainly does with me, although I don't think I can claim the 'young' tag these days. Smile

I just think we could be so much better event wise, and really showcase the North East. There is no question that we have a lot of fantastic preservation examples, across a number of hard working groups. I just see it as a shame that the Metrocentre is the biggest they get as a showcase up here, but I guess that's only because we don't have a 'big' event.

I know Beamish was spoken about recently, and I really hope something like that comes off. I'm sure this site would heavily support such an idea, with the amount of hits we get from the North East and beyond.

I'll shut up now, as I'm conscious of clogging up the Seaburn thread!

MrPottski

16 Aug 2016, 10:03 am #50
I cannot understand all the negativity on this subject. Lots of complaints but no suggestions how to improve things. Like Craig said, the cost of bringing one bus to a rally is huge, there's zero profit in it for any of the owners, they do it for the love of the vehicles and the industry, yet still people complain. If all the owners just decided to jack it in, would you be happy then? At least you wouldn't have to "see the same old crap" year after year. If you are true enthusiasts then you would get right behind the owners and organisations that put in these shows. There are no professionals here, just a bunch of guys that pour their own money into keeping great old vehicles on the road. I was at the MetroCentre, and I was impressed at the turnout. I was at Shildon on Sunday, which was a nice little rally, and I will be at Seaburn. I put forward suggestions for turning the MetroCentre event into the equivalent of a northern Showbus, and I truly believe there could be scope for making that event into one of the biggest around, but unfortunately it needs backing. So, if you don't want to go, don't go. If you want things to change, suggest ideas to the relevant organisations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrPottski
16 Aug 2016, 10:03 am #50

I cannot understand all the negativity on this subject. Lots of complaints but no suggestions how to improve things. Like Craig said, the cost of bringing one bus to a rally is huge, there's zero profit in it for any of the owners, they do it for the love of the vehicles and the industry, yet still people complain. If all the owners just decided to jack it in, would you be happy then? At least you wouldn't have to "see the same old crap" year after year. If you are true enthusiasts then you would get right behind the owners and organisations that put in these shows. There are no professionals here, just a bunch of guys that pour their own money into keeping great old vehicles on the road. I was at the MetroCentre, and I was impressed at the turnout. I was at Shildon on Sunday, which was a nice little rally, and I will be at Seaburn. I put forward suggestions for turning the MetroCentre event into the equivalent of a northern Showbus, and I truly believe there could be scope for making that event into one of the biggest around, but unfortunately it needs backing. So, if you don't want to go, don't go. If you want things to change, suggest ideas to the relevant organisations.

Adrian

16 Aug 2016, 11:12 am #51
(16 Aug 2016, 10:03 am)MrPottski I cannot understand all the negativity on this subject. Lots of complaints but no suggestions how to improve things. Like Craig said, the cost of bringing one bus to a rally is huge, there's zero profit in it for any of the owners, they do it for the love of the vehicles and the industry, yet still people complain. If all the owners just decided to jack it in, would you be happy then? At least you wouldn't have to "see the same old crap" year after year. If you are true enthusiasts then you would get right behind the owners and organisations that put in these shows. There are no professionals here, just a bunch of guys that pour their own money into keeping great old vehicles on the road. I was at the MetroCentre, and I was impressed at the turnout. I was at Shildon on Sunday, which was a nice little rally, and I will be at Seaburn. I put forward suggestions for turning the MetroCentre event into the equivalent of a northern Showbus, and I truly believe there could be scope for making that event into one of the biggest around, but unfortunately it needs backing. So, if you don't want to go, don't go. If you want things to change, suggest ideas to the relevant organisations.

The beauty of a forum is that everyone is entitled to an opinion. Whilst I agree with you that I'd like to see negativity backed up with suggestions, ultimately, as in all walks of life, it's just not going to happen.

Perhaps add your suggestions for a northern showbus to our 'the future of rallies in the North East' thread too? I appreciate that you may have given these direct to the organisers, but I'd hope you would acknowledge that there's hardly an open door policy when it comes to the organisation of the events. It's just what has been done for as far as anyone can remember.

Adrian
16 Aug 2016, 11:12 am #51

(16 Aug 2016, 10:03 am)MrPottski I cannot understand all the negativity on this subject. Lots of complaints but no suggestions how to improve things. Like Craig said, the cost of bringing one bus to a rally is huge, there's zero profit in it for any of the owners, they do it for the love of the vehicles and the industry, yet still people complain. If all the owners just decided to jack it in, would you be happy then? At least you wouldn't have to "see the same old crap" year after year. If you are true enthusiasts then you would get right behind the owners and organisations that put in these shows. There are no professionals here, just a bunch of guys that pour their own money into keeping great old vehicles on the road. I was at the MetroCentre, and I was impressed at the turnout. I was at Shildon on Sunday, which was a nice little rally, and I will be at Seaburn. I put forward suggestions for turning the MetroCentre event into the equivalent of a northern Showbus, and I truly believe there could be scope for making that event into one of the biggest around, but unfortunately it needs backing. So, if you don't want to go, don't go. If you want things to change, suggest ideas to the relevant organisations.

The beauty of a forum is that everyone is entitled to an opinion. Whilst I agree with you that I'd like to see negativity backed up with suggestions, ultimately, as in all walks of life, it's just not going to happen.

Perhaps add your suggestions for a northern showbus to our 'the future of rallies in the North East' thread too? I appreciate that you may have given these direct to the organisers, but I'd hope you would acknowledge that there's hardly an open door policy when it comes to the organisation of the events. It's just what has been done for as far as anyone can remember.

MrPottski

16 Aug 2016, 4:56 pm #52
All change might be on the cards for next year anyway by the looks of things:
http://www.sunderland.city/sunderland-to...l-in-2017/

MrPottski
16 Aug 2016, 4:56 pm #52

All change might be on the cards for next year anyway by the looks of things:

Andreos1

16 Aug 2016, 5:00 pm #53
(16 Aug 2016, 4:56 pm)MrPottski All change might be on the cards for next year anyway by the looks of things:

Excellent news.
Hopefully they work with a range of restoration bodies (including the ones already involved in various events) and develop it.

It may even attract people from that distant place called Carlisle!
“We hope this will be a festival which will attract a lot of people from Scotland, Yorkshire and even Carlisle,” 

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Aug 2016, 5:00 pm #53

(16 Aug 2016, 4:56 pm)MrPottski All change might be on the cards for next year anyway by the looks of things:

Excellent news.
Hopefully they work with a range of restoration bodies (including the ones already involved in various events) and develop it.

It may even attract people from that distant place called Carlisle!
“We hope this will be a festival which will attract a lot of people from Scotland, Yorkshire and even Carlisle,” 

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

16 Aug 2016, 5:25 pm #54

I have had the idea of a North East Showbus type even for some time now. The venue would be the key thing to attract people. I know that some groups would come. I am sure I would have the support of the County Durham Bus Preservation Group and the NEBPT. But... The problem is location. Beamish would be A good place but restricted.

The venue would ideally have A hard standing to prevent the mud bath if its wet. Carlisle Airport has been mentioned to me before. Its not that far up the A69 and has loads of room. Its also just off the M6 and that might attract people from further away.  

Like C522LJR has said. We have had 8 buses brake cover this year. Some have been under restoration for years and some have been repainted at huge cost. So it gets me a little bit miffed when people say we have the same old things attending. The build up to each event takes time and effort.

The NNRG will be at Seaburn with 4710 and 4855. Come over and have A better chat with us. You can also look at our restoration photos of 4710 and 4855. We don't shy away from questions.
Edited 17 Aug 2016, 4:51 pm by Craig Smith.

Craig Smith
16 Aug 2016, 5:25 pm #54

I have had the idea of a North East Showbus type even for some time now. The venue would be the key thing to attract people. I know that some groups would come. I am sure I would have the support of the County Durham Bus Preservation Group and the NEBPT. But... The problem is location. Beamish would be A good place but restricted.

The venue would ideally have A hard standing to prevent the mud bath if its wet. Carlisle Airport has been mentioned to me before. Its not that far up the A69 and has loads of room. Its also just off the M6 and that might attract people from further away.  

Like C522LJR has said. We have had 8 buses brake cover this year. Some have been under restoration for years and some have been repainted at huge cost. So it gets me a little bit miffed when people say we have the same old things attending. The build up to each event takes time and effort.

The NNRG will be at Seaburn with 4710 and 4855. Come over and have A better chat with us. You can also look at our restoration photos of 4710 and 4855. We don't shy away from questions.

Adrian

16 Aug 2016, 6:25 pm #55
I've moved a series of posts from the Seaburn thread to here. It keeps all the discussion together.

(16 Aug 2016, 5:25 pm)Craig Smith I have had the idea of a North East Showbus type even for some time now. The venue would be the key thing to attract people. I know that some groups would come. I am sure I would have the support of the County Durham Bus Preservation Group and the NEBPT. But... The problem is location. Beamish would be A good place but restricted.

Like C622LJR has said. We have had 8 buses brake cover this year. Some have been under restoration for years and some have been repainted at huge cost. So it gets me a little bit miffed when people say we have the same old things attending. The build up to each event takes time and effort.

I quite like the idea of Beamish as a venue, and it would be a win-win really. Whilst I think it's a bonus that Beamish get new members in the process, my concern would be around rally footfall, when admission is £18.95 (?) for adults alone. A family pass would set people back about £42. I fear this would deter people, and it's almost double what showbus costs for adult admission.

I don't think that charging admission is a problem, as long as it provides value for money. There are plenty other places that an admission fee could be charged, where the funds raised come back to the groups to support the hard work they do. You wouldn't get that at Beamish, so I suppose it's something to think about Smile

Adrian
16 Aug 2016, 6:25 pm #55

I've moved a series of posts from the Seaburn thread to here. It keeps all the discussion together.

(16 Aug 2016, 5:25 pm)Craig Smith I have had the idea of a North East Showbus type even for some time now. The venue would be the key thing to attract people. I know that some groups would come. I am sure I would have the support of the County Durham Bus Preservation Group and the NEBPT. But... The problem is location. Beamish would be A good place but restricted.

Like C622LJR has said. We have had 8 buses brake cover this year. Some have been under restoration for years and some have been repainted at huge cost. So it gets me a little bit miffed when people say we have the same old things attending. The build up to each event takes time and effort.

I quite like the idea of Beamish as a venue, and it would be a win-win really. Whilst I think it's a bonus that Beamish get new members in the process, my concern would be around rally footfall, when admission is £18.95 (?) for adults alone. A family pass would set people back about £42. I fear this would deter people, and it's almost double what showbus costs for adult admission.

I don't think that charging admission is a problem, as long as it provides value for money. There are plenty other places that an admission fee could be charged, where the funds raised come back to the groups to support the hard work they do. You wouldn't get that at Beamish, so I suppose it's something to think about Smile

tyresmoke

16 Aug 2016, 8:41 pm #56
When this mention of a Northern (and I think we should stress Northern not just North East...) Showbus-type event first came up, I offered the expectation that it would have to be somewhere central to all areas of the north. To me that means somewhere in Yorkshire would be likely to attract the highest number of attendees from all surrounding areas. I don't think the travelling would be an issue, after all look at where the attendees of the current Showbus travel from. As to where exactly an event of a large size could be held, I think you would be looking at somewhere like Elvington or Church Fenton near York.
tyresmoke
16 Aug 2016, 8:41 pm #56

When this mention of a Northern (and I think we should stress Northern not just North East...) Showbus-type event first came up, I offered the expectation that it would have to be somewhere central to all areas of the north. To me that means somewhere in Yorkshire would be likely to attract the highest number of attendees from all surrounding areas. I don't think the travelling would be an issue, after all look at where the attendees of the current Showbus travel from. As to where exactly an event of a large size could be held, I think you would be looking at somewhere like Elvington or Church Fenton near York.

17 Aug 2016, 4:55 pm #57
(16 Aug 2016, 8:41 pm)tyresmoke When this mention of a Northern (and I think we should stress Northern not just North East...) Showbus-type event first came up, I offered the expectation that it would have to be somewhere central to all areas of the north. To me that means somewhere in Yorkshire would be likely to attract the highest number of attendees from all surrounding areas. I don't think the travelling would be an issue, after all look at where the attendees of the current Showbus travel from. As to where exactly an event of a large size could be held, I think you would be looking at somewhere like Elvington or Church Fenton near York.

I was thinking around Carlisle,Brampton aria to try and get people down from Scotland. That would be more central for them. Also to push that it would be a North of England event.

Craig Smith
17 Aug 2016, 4:55 pm #57

(16 Aug 2016, 8:41 pm)tyresmoke When this mention of a Northern (and I think we should stress Northern not just North East...) Showbus-type event first came up, I offered the expectation that it would have to be somewhere central to all areas of the north. To me that means somewhere in Yorkshire would be likely to attract the highest number of attendees from all surrounding areas. I don't think the travelling would be an issue, after all look at where the attendees of the current Showbus travel from. As to where exactly an event of a large size could be held, I think you would be looking at somewhere like Elvington or Church Fenton near York.

I was thinking around Carlisle,Brampton aria to try and get people down from Scotland. That would be more central for them. Also to push that it would be a North of England event.

17 Aug 2016, 5:26 pm #58

How about Croft Circuit, large venue with plenty of tarmac and plenty of parking spaces

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
17 Aug 2016, 5:26 pm #58

How about Croft Circuit, large venue with plenty of tarmac and plenty of parking spaces

17 Aug 2016, 6:43 pm #59
(17 Aug 2016, 5:26 pm)TEN 6083 How about Croft Circuit, large venue with plenty of tarmac and plenty of parking spaces

Croft would be good.

Craig Smith
17 Aug 2016, 6:43 pm #59

(17 Aug 2016, 5:26 pm)TEN 6083 How about Croft Circuit, large venue with plenty of tarmac and plenty of parking spaces

Croft would be good.

Adrian

17 Aug 2016, 7:30 pm #60
I quite like Scott's idea of something Church Fenton way. Easy enough to get to from most places too.

Adrian
17 Aug 2016, 7:30 pm #60

I quite like Scott's idea of something Church Fenton way. Easy enough to get to from most places too.

Pages (6) Previous 1 2 3 46 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average