Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat 2016-17 Football Season

2016-17 Football Season

2016-17 Football Season

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average

Pages (10) Previous 1 2 310 Next
29 Jun 2016, 7:35 pm #21
There are reports that Gareth Southgate has turned down the offer of becoming England Gaffer. What a embarresment.....
Cant paste anything in again as I'm on my phone and its a farce.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
29 Jun 2016, 7:35 pm #21

There are reports that Gareth Southgate has turned down the offer of becoming England Gaffer. What a embarresment.....

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Tom

29 Jun 2016, 7:39 pm #22
(29 Jun 2016, 7:35 pm)South Tyne Lad There are reports that Gareth Southgate has turned down the offer of becoming England Gaffer. What a embarresment.....

Isn't that not a good thing haha? I wouldn't want him as manager not enough experience. Heard reports of Glenn Hoodle being considered for the job which wouldn't be a bad appointment to be fair. On the other hand heard Allerdyce linked with the job... he plays the same brand of shite football that roy does so no thanks.
Tom
29 Jun 2016, 7:39 pm #22

(29 Jun 2016, 7:35 pm)South Tyne Lad There are reports that Gareth Southgate has turned down the offer of becoming England Gaffer. What a embarresment.....

Isn't that not a good thing haha? I wouldn't want him as manager not enough experience. Heard reports of Glenn Hoodle being considered for the job which wouldn't be a bad appointment to be fair. On the other hand heard Allerdyce linked with the job... he plays the same brand of shite football that roy does so no thanks.

Kuyoyo

29 Jun 2016, 7:41 pm #23
All that has been mentioned so far is that Southgate will be interm manager for the World Cup qualifiers in September while they search for a full-time successor to Hodgson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36657247
Kuyoyo
29 Jun 2016, 7:41 pm #23

All that has been mentioned so far is that Southgate will be interm manager for the World Cup qualifiers in September while they search for a full-time successor to Hodgson.

Tom

29 Jun 2016, 7:55 pm #24
(29 Jun 2016, 7:41 pm)Kuyoyo All that has been mentioned so far is that Southgate will be interm manager for the World Cup qualifiers in September while they search for a full-time successor to Hodgson.

Just found this too - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...08161.html

Why on earth will it take them a year to pick a manager. Surely it will be better to pick one now. Plenty of options, Glenn Hoodle, even Alan Shearer would be worth a try. But no they will pick a terrible manager I guess as usual with the same boring brand of football.
Tom
29 Jun 2016, 7:55 pm #24

(29 Jun 2016, 7:41 pm)Kuyoyo All that has been mentioned so far is that Southgate will be interm manager for the World Cup qualifiers in September while they search for a full-time successor to Hodgson.

Just found this too - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...08161.html

Why on earth will it take them a year to pick a manager. Surely it will be better to pick one now. Plenty of options, Glenn Hoodle, even Alan Shearer would be worth a try. But no they will pick a terrible manager I guess as usual with the same boring brand of football.

29 Jun 2016, 7:56 pm #25

Got this of Facebook, https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/...-505510603

(29 Jun 2016, 7:39 pm)Tom Isn't that not a good thing haha? I wouldn't want him as manager not enough experience. Heard reports of Glenn Hoodle being considered for the job which wouldn't be a bad appointment to be fair. On the other hand heard Allerdyce linked with the job... he plays the same brand of shite football that roy does so no thanks.

In that way yes, Though the FA were pretty certain Southgate would take over temporarily. And he didn't in the end....
Edited 29 Jun 2016, 7:56 pm by South Tyne Lad.

South Tyne Lad
29 Jun 2016, 7:56 pm #25

Got this of Facebook, https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/...-505510603

(29 Jun 2016, 7:39 pm)Tom Isn't that not a good thing haha? I wouldn't want him as manager not enough experience. Heard reports of Glenn Hoodle being considered for the job which wouldn't be a bad appointment to be fair. On the other hand heard Allerdyce linked with the job... he plays the same brand of shite football that roy does so no thanks.

In that way yes, Though the FA were pretty certain Southgate would take over temporarily. And he didn't in the end....

Michael

29 Jun 2016, 8:07 pm #26
(29 Jun 2016, 7:55 pm)Tom Just found this too - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...08161.html

Shearer lmao

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Jun 2016, 8:07 pm #26

(29 Jun 2016, 7:55 pm)Tom Just found this too - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...08161.html

Shearer lmao

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

29 Jun 2016, 8:18 pm #27
(29 Jun 2016, 8:07 pm)Michael Shearer lmao

He seems to be the expert so I'd love to see how good of a job he could do! He complains about managers but I wonder if he could do anything better?
Tom
29 Jun 2016, 8:18 pm #27

(29 Jun 2016, 8:07 pm)Michael Shearer lmao

He seems to be the expert so I'd love to see how good of a job he could do! He complains about managers but I wonder if he could do anything better?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 Jun 2016, 8:26 pm #28
Jurgen Klinsmann Interested in England Job

Dunno about that like, a German managing England, may as well give Diego Maradona and see what he is up to at the moment...

Get the man we should have had at least 3 times before

Harry Redknapp

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
MrFozz
29 Jun 2016, 8:26 pm #28

Jurgen Klinsmann Interested in England Job

Dunno about that like, a German managing England, may as well give Diego Maradona and see what he is up to at the moment...

Get the man we should have had at least 3 times before

Harry Redknapp

Michael

01 Jul 2016, 7:28 pm #29
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has signed for Man U... bet he is crap in the Premierleague.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jul 2016, 7:28 pm #29

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has signed for Man U... bet he is crap in the Premierleague.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

01 Jul 2016, 8:42 pm #30
Bloody hell what a performance by Wales!
Tom
01 Jul 2016, 8:42 pm #30

Bloody hell what a performance by Wales!

Michael

01 Jul 2016, 8:45 pm #31
(01 Jul 2016, 8:42 pm)Tom Bloody hell what a performance by Wales!

It is, shame England couldn't play like this!

A moderator might as well merge the Euro 2016 thread with this one.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jul 2016, 8:45 pm #31

(01 Jul 2016, 8:42 pm)Tom Bloody hell what a performance by Wales!

It is, shame England couldn't play like this!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

01 Jul 2016, 8:52 pm #32
(01 Jul 2016, 8:45 pm)Michael It is, shame England couldn't play like this!

Yeah that just shows how crap we were
Tom
01 Jul 2016, 8:52 pm #32

(01 Jul 2016, 8:45 pm)Michael It is, shame England couldn't play like this!

Yeah that just shows how crap we were

Andreos1

02 Jul 2016, 2:58 pm #33
After being Pardewed and sent packing to Hull and then back to France, the man Pardew was quoted as saying:
"Is it a risk to let Hatem Ben Arfa go? Not in my opinion."
(September 2014)
Has just signed for PSG.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Jul 2016, 2:58 pm #33

After being Pardewed and sent packing to Hull and then back to France, the man Pardew was quoted as saying:

"Is it a risk to let Hatem Ben Arfa go? Not in my opinion."
(September 2014)
Has just signed for PSG.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Adrian

02 Jul 2016, 3:39 pm #34
(02 Jul 2016, 2:58 pm)Andreos1 After being Pardewed and sent packing to Hull and then back to France, the man Pardew was quoted as saying:
(September 2014)
Has just signed for PSG.

I'll give him a season there.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
02 Jul 2016, 3:39 pm #34

(02 Jul 2016, 2:58 pm)Andreos1 After being Pardewed and sent packing to Hull and then back to France, the man Pardew was quoted as saying:
(September 2014)
Has just signed for PSG.

I'll give him a season there.

Tom

02 Jul 2016, 4:03 pm #35
Everyone says it was Padrews fault but his attitude was a disgrace. Maybe sending him to Hull was the wake up call he needed!!
Tom
02 Jul 2016, 4:03 pm #35

Everyone says it was Padrews fault but his attitude was a disgrace. Maybe sending him to Hull was the wake up call he needed!!

Michael

03 Jul 2016, 10:24 am #36
Couple of Premier League signings today:

BREAKING NEWS

Arsenal agree deal to sign Japan forward Takuma Asano from Sanfrecce Hiroshima.

The 21-year-old made his full international debut for Japan in August 2015 and has gained five caps.

During his time with Takuma Asano he made 56 appearances, scoring 11 goals.

---------

FOXES SIGN MENDEY

Premier League champions Leicester City have announced their third signing of the summer, signing Nampalys Mendy from OGC Nice on a four-year deal.

The central midfieler worked with manager Claudio Ranieri at AS Monaco and helped the club to promotion during the 2012/13 season.
View image on Twitter

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Jul 2016, 10:24 am #36

Couple of Premier League signings today:

BREAKING NEWS

Arsenal agree deal to sign Japan forward Takuma Asano from Sanfrecce Hiroshima.

The 21-year-old made his full international debut for Japan in August 2015 and has gained five caps.

During his time with Takuma Asano he made 56 appearances, scoring 11 goals.

---------

FOXES SIGN MENDEY

Premier League champions Leicester City have announced their third signing of the summer, signing Nampalys Mendy from OGC Nice on a four-year deal.

The central midfieler worked with manager Claudio Ranieri at AS Monaco and helped the club to promotion during the 2012/13 season.
View image on Twitter

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

03 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm #37
In other news

Darlington are making a return to the Northern Echo Arena for 2 high profile friendlies this month.

I would urge football fans in the area to get along if they can, whether your Darlo, Newcastle, Sunderland, even if your neutral...

Newcastle and Sunderland have indicated they will send strong teams for the games...

I just hope it does not turn out like the last time we played Newcastle at the Arena when Newcastle fans caused trouble ?

Darlington making return to Northern Echo Arena for friendlies against Newcastle XI and Sunderland XI

Northern Echo Darlington Football Club are making a return to the Northern Echo Arena for two friendlies against Sunderland and Newcastle as they prepare for the new season.

The games will be Darlington's first in their home town for some time after playing their home matches at Heritage Park, in Bishop Auckland, for four years.

Both Sunderland and Newcastle will be playing a select 11 from various squads but have indicated they will be fielding "strong teams".

The Quakers will play a Newcastle United X1 on Saturday, July 16 (3pm kick off), and then a Sunderland XI on Tuesday, July 19 (7.30pm kick off) at The Northern Echo Arena, now home to Darlington Mowden Park RFC.

John Tempest, Director of Darlington FC commented; ‘‘We’re delighted to have secured both Newcastle and Sunderland who will form a key part of our preparations for the new season and our fundraising initiative. We welcome old and new fans in what will be our first game back in the town. We’ve worked closely with the Northern Echo Arena staff, to whom we’re very grateful, to attract the fixtures that we hope will showcase both the club and the town.’’

Lee Rust, Managing Director of Darlington Mowden Park, said; ‘’Following the success of events such as the Premiership Rugby 7’s, the All Blacks and the Internationals, our facility team has continued to work hard in establishing the Arena as a venue for high profile sport. We’re pleased to be providing a platform to welcome all three sides in July and we’re hopeful to soon announce another significant sporting fixture for this summer.’’

Tickets for both games will be priced at £10 Adults and £6 Concessions (U16, Over 65, Armed Forces and Students). A combined ticket can be bought in advance for £15 Adults and £10 Concession.

Tickets can be bought from Quaker Retail in the Dolphin Centre and at The Northern Echo Arena from Friday 8th July. Due to an expected high demand supporters are advised to purchase well in advance.

On-site parking at The Northern Echo Arena will be limited and on a first come first serve basis. Parking permits are priced at £2.

Corporate Box, Hospitality and Match Sponsorship packages are available.

MrFozz
03 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm #37

In other news

Darlington are making a return to the Northern Echo Arena for 2 high profile friendlies this month.

I would urge football fans in the area to get along if they can, whether your Darlo, Newcastle, Sunderland, even if your neutral...

Newcastle and Sunderland have indicated they will send strong teams for the games...

I just hope it does not turn out like the last time we played Newcastle at the Arena when Newcastle fans caused trouble ?

Darlington making return to Northern Echo Arena for friendlies against Newcastle XI and Sunderland XI

Northern Echo Darlington Football Club are making a return to the Northern Echo Arena for two friendlies against Sunderland and Newcastle as they prepare for the new season.

The games will be Darlington's first in their home town for some time after playing their home matches at Heritage Park, in Bishop Auckland, for four years.

Both Sunderland and Newcastle will be playing a select 11 from various squads but have indicated they will be fielding "strong teams".

The Quakers will play a Newcastle United X1 on Saturday, July 16 (3pm kick off), and then a Sunderland XI on Tuesday, July 19 (7.30pm kick off) at The Northern Echo Arena, now home to Darlington Mowden Park RFC.

John Tempest, Director of Darlington FC commented; ‘‘We’re delighted to have secured both Newcastle and Sunderland who will form a key part of our preparations for the new season and our fundraising initiative. We welcome old and new fans in what will be our first game back in the town. We’ve worked closely with the Northern Echo Arena staff, to whom we’re very grateful, to attract the fixtures that we hope will showcase both the club and the town.’’

Lee Rust, Managing Director of Darlington Mowden Park, said; ‘’Following the success of events such as the Premiership Rugby 7’s, the All Blacks and the Internationals, our facility team has continued to work hard in establishing the Arena as a venue for high profile sport. We’re pleased to be providing a platform to welcome all three sides in July and we’re hopeful to soon announce another significant sporting fixture for this summer.’’

Tickets for both games will be priced at £10 Adults and £6 Concessions (U16, Over 65, Armed Forces and Students). A combined ticket can be bought in advance for £15 Adults and £10 Concession.

Tickets can be bought from Quaker Retail in the Dolphin Centre and at The Northern Echo Arena from Friday 8th July. Due to an expected high demand supporters are advised to purchase well in advance.

On-site parking at The Northern Echo Arena will be limited and on a first come first serve basis. Parking permits are priced at £2.

Corporate Box, Hospitality and Match Sponsorship packages are available.

Adrian

03 Jul 2016, 1:02 pm #38
(03 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm)MrFozz In other news

The George Reynolds arena, do you mean? Wink

Adrian
03 Jul 2016, 1:02 pm #38

(03 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm)MrFozz In other news

The George Reynolds arena, do you mean? Wink

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

03 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm #39
(03 Jul 2016, 1:02 pm)Adrian The George Reynolds arena, do you mean? Wink
Don't use language like that around me

I thought all football chairmen were liars, crooks and cheats, then George Reynolds came along

The House that Georgie...The Georgie Dome...Estadio Del Georgie...Take your pick or simplym..The White Elephant...

Take your pick 😀

MrFozz
03 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm #39

(03 Jul 2016, 1:02 pm)Adrian The George Reynolds arena, do you mean? Wink
Don't use language like that around me

I thought all football chairmen were liars, crooks and cheats, then George Reynolds came along

The House that Georgie...The Georgie Dome...Estadio Del Georgie...Take your pick or simplym..The White Elephant...

Take your pick 😀

Michael

04 Jul 2016, 3:50 pm #40
Sunderland AFC defender Santiago Vergini has joined Argentinian side Club Atletico Boca Juniors in a permanent move, for an undisclosed fee.

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2016/...ni-departs

----------------

Sunderland AFC goalkeeper Vito Mannone has agreed a new contract with the Black Cats.

The Italian shot-stopper has penned a new two-year deal, keeping him on Wearside until 2018.  

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2016/...s-new-deal
Edited 04 Jul 2016, 3:55 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Jul 2016, 3:50 pm #40

Sunderland AFC defender Santiago Vergini has joined Argentinian side Club Atletico Boca Juniors in a permanent move, for an undisclosed fee.

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2016/...ni-departs

----------------

Sunderland AFC goalkeeper Vito Mannone has agreed a new contract with the Black Cats.

The Italian shot-stopper has penned a new two-year deal, keeping him on Wearside until 2018.  

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2016/...s-new-deal

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (10) Previous 1 2 310 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average