Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 1122 123 124150 Next
01 Aug 2022, 10:57 pm #2,441
(01 Aug 2022, 8:00 pm)V514DFT I hear you, im 29,and when growing up,i remember being able to get a bus virtually anywhere,but sadly i think those times are long gone

I'm twice your age (literally!) and can remember when buses really did go everywhere. That was back in the 1970s and 1980s when there was still a rush hour and pits etc open with people travelling all over on public transport to go to work. Even in the early 00s there were still lots of bus services and there were a number of bus companies that ran services in Washington, not just GNE. The other companies were either bought out or closed down. Then in 2006 GNE decided to overhaul its bus network and took away many of the individual services after some consultation exercise with an outisde organisation. Consolidation they termed it. I would call it cutting services!

I can't actually see passenger numbers coming back or at least back in decent numbers. Work patterns have changed and people now just don't want to rely on a patchy bus service if they have an early strt or a late finish. Plus people don't even seem to want to use buses for leisure travel, especially on an evening.
Robbie64
01 Aug 2022, 10:57 pm #2,441

(01 Aug 2022, 8:00 pm)V514DFT I hear you, im 29,and when growing up,i remember being able to get a bus virtually anywhere,but sadly i think those times are long gone

I'm twice your age (literally!) and can remember when buses really did go everywhere. That was back in the 1970s and 1980s when there was still a rush hour and pits etc open with people travelling all over on public transport to go to work. Even in the early 00s there were still lots of bus services and there were a number of bus companies that ran services in Washington, not just GNE. The other companies were either bought out or closed down. Then in 2006 GNE decided to overhaul its bus network and took away many of the individual services after some consultation exercise with an outisde organisation. Consolidation they termed it. I would call it cutting services!

I can't actually see passenger numbers coming back or at least back in decent numbers. Work patterns have changed and people now just don't want to rely on a patchy bus service if they have an early strt or a late finish. Plus people don't even seem to want to use buses for leisure travel, especially on an evening.

Andreos1

02 Aug 2022, 1:36 pm #2,442
(01 Aug 2022, 11:53 am)Storx See personally I think they should make a workers network and interwork them with the local network to run peak services and actually advertise it rather than it being stupid numbers like 939.

Like for Team Valley

21 Every 15 Minutes All Day, 30 Mins to Durham

Morning Peak Only (Every 15 Minutes)
W91 - Newcastle - Team Valley Direct (First buses from Percy Main area maybe, possible 311 replacement?)
-- Run Empty --
21 - The Angel - Newcastle
(Repeat)

-- Do something else, maybe local services to Team Valley Retail World or add capacity to services like the 41/41A/311 etc --

Evening Peak Only (Every 15 Minutes)
21 - Newcastle - The Angel
-- Run Empty --
W91 - Team Valley - Newcastle Direct (Last runs returning to same place as above, possible 311 replacement?)
(Repeat)

It means there's a quick link to Team Valley and the core of the 21 get's a journey every 7.5 minutes when its needed rather than having buses running around empty all day.

Most the main employment sites are oddly quite close to core routes which are busy in one direction at peaks

Doxford Park (2/39/39A)
Cobalt (309/310/311)
Team Valley (21)
Follingsby (58)

or have local services around which don't really need that much morning capacity in particular away from the big city they serve which they could easily drop onto to give pensioners a better service.

Doxford Park (39B/82/84/85)
Cobalt (335/342/W1/W2)
Team Valley (25/28/29/67/69)
Follingsby (-)

Seems less confusing to me than variants.
Either or. Just something which is different to what we have now. That clearly doesn't work.

I saw MG enter in to a conversation recently on twitter with someone and the question about buses to Team Valley was brought up.
It may have been accidental or deliberate, but there was no reply at all from him when the poster responded to a MG question and told MG they were travelling between Portmeads and Team Valley.

Sport, leisure, employment - it's as though there's just no ability within the minds of these operators that there's more to it, than just having a stream of services going to and from city or town centres.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Aug 2022, 1:36 pm #2,442

(01 Aug 2022, 11:53 am)Storx See personally I think they should make a workers network and interwork them with the local network to run peak services and actually advertise it rather than it being stupid numbers like 939.

Like for Team Valley

21 Every 15 Minutes All Day, 30 Mins to Durham

Morning Peak Only (Every 15 Minutes)
W91 - Newcastle - Team Valley Direct (First buses from Percy Main area maybe, possible 311 replacement?)
-- Run Empty --
21 - The Angel - Newcastle
(Repeat)

-- Do something else, maybe local services to Team Valley Retail World or add capacity to services like the 41/41A/311 etc --

Evening Peak Only (Every 15 Minutes)
21 - Newcastle - The Angel
-- Run Empty --
W91 - Team Valley - Newcastle Direct (Last runs returning to same place as above, possible 311 replacement?)
(Repeat)

It means there's a quick link to Team Valley and the core of the 21 get's a journey every 7.5 minutes when its needed rather than having buses running around empty all day.

Most the main employment sites are oddly quite close to core routes which are busy in one direction at peaks

Doxford Park (2/39/39A)
Cobalt (309/310/311)
Team Valley (21)
Follingsby (58)

or have local services around which don't really need that much morning capacity in particular away from the big city they serve which they could easily drop onto to give pensioners a better service.

Doxford Park (39B/82/84/85)
Cobalt (335/342/W1/W2)
Team Valley (25/28/29/67/69)
Follingsby (-)

Seems less confusing to me than variants.
Either or. Just something which is different to what we have now. That clearly doesn't work.

I saw MG enter in to a conversation recently on twitter with someone and the question about buses to Team Valley was brought up.
It may have been accidental or deliberate, but there was no reply at all from him when the poster responded to a MG question and told MG they were travelling between Portmeads and Team Valley.

Sport, leisure, employment - it's as though there's just no ability within the minds of these operators that there's more to it, than just having a stream of services going to and from city or town centres.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Unber43

04 Aug 2022, 1:07 pm #2,443
(28 Jul 2022, 10:33 pm)Unber43 Re-Do of Sunderland Network, Peterlee Network, Washington Network. 

Sunderland Changes
2/2A - Split between Silksworth and Washington, each terminating at Sunderland. 

42/43 - Every 12 Mins, 3x 42, 2x 43. 
42 - Sunderland Park Lane Stand C - Grangetown - Silksworth -
43 - Sunderland Park Land Stand C - Grangetown - Leechmere Asda - Silksworth 
* It does the current route on Homeside one way towards Sunderland, then leaving Park lane on A1231 to Toward Road

2A/2B/2C Sunderland to Washington (every 10 mins combined)
2A - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Thorney Close - Tay Road - Grindon - Hastings Hill - Washington 
2B - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Hylton Road - Pennywell - Washington 
2C - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Barmston - Washington 
35  - Extension to Doxford Park (removal of the Royal Hospital part of the route)

37/38/39 Pennywell - Doxford Park 
37 - Pennywell - Springwell - East Herrington - Doxford Park - Hall Farm - Tunstall Bank - Ryhope - Queen Alexandra Road - Sunderland - Millfield - Ford Estate - Pennywell (every 15 mins)
38 - Pennywell - Ford Estate - Milfield - Sunderland - Queen Alexandria Road - Ryhope - Tunstall Bank - Hall Farm - Doxford Park - East Herrington - Springwell - Pennywell (every 15 mins)
39 Sunderland - 33 Route to Silksworth - Doxford - Farringdon - Thorney - A690 - Hospital - Sunderland (every 20 mins)
40 - Sunderland - Hospital - A690 - Thorney - Farringdon - Doxford - 33 Route to Sunderland - Sunderland (every 20 mins) 
X56 - Sunderland - A690 - Doxford Park - 39B Washington - Follingsby - Heworth - Gateshead - Newcastle (every 30 mins)

Peterlee Changes 

61/61A - Sunderland - A690 - Queen Alexandria Road - Leechmere Asda - Hollicarside - New Seaham - Murton - Easington - Haswell (61) - Shotton - (61) - South Hetton (61A) - Bracket Hill  - Peterlee Bus Station - 61 (209 route) 61A (210 Route). 
X6 Sunderland - Seaham - Dalton Park - Peterlee - Shotton - Bowburn (amazon) - Durham every 30 mins 
X2 Wingate - Peterlee - Easington Village - South Hetton - Easington lane - Hetton - Houghton - Gateshead - Newcastle (every 30 mins) 

Washington Changes

X1/X2/X3/X4/X5 Combined every 10 mins
X1 - Easington Lane - Hetton - Houghton - Waterview Park - Washington - Gateshead Newcastle Newcastle (every 60 mins)
X2 - Wingate - Peterlee - Easington Village - South Hetton - Easington lane - Hetton - Houghton - Gateshead - Newcastle (every 30 mins)
X3 - Seaham - Dalton Park - Easington Lane - Hetton - Houghton - Gateshead - Newcastle (every 60 mins) 
X4 - Easington Lane - Hetton - Rainton - Bournmoor - Washington - Gateshead - Newcastle (every 60 mins)
X5 - Easington - Hetton - Houghton - Oxclose - Washington - Gateshead - Newcastle (every 60 mins)

56/56A every 15 mins combined
56 - Sunderland - High Southwick - Rehouse - Townend Farm - Nissan - Concord - Usworth - Follingsby (continue as the 58 route) reduce the 58 to every 30 mins. - Eldon Square
56A - Sunderland - Southwick - Hylton Castle - Hertburn - Donwell - Springwell - QE - Gateshead - Newcastle Eldon Square
PVR on X1-X5 would be covered by the spare Streetdecks which are now free.
Unber43
04 Aug 2022, 1:07 pm #2,443

(28 Jul 2022, 10:33 pm)Unber43 Re-Do of Sunderland Network, Peterlee Network, Washington Network. 

Sunderland Changes
2/2A - Split between Silksworth and Washington, each terminating at Sunderland. 

42/43 - Every 12 Mins, 3x 42, 2x 43. 
42 - Sunderland Park Lane Stand C - Grangetown - Silksworth -
43 - Sunderland Park Land Stand C - Grangetown - Leechmere Asda - Silksworth 
* It does the current route on Homeside one way towards Sunderland, then leaving Park lane on A1231 to Toward Road

2A/2B/2C Sunderland to Washington (every 10 mins combined)
2A - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Thorney Close - Tay Road - Grindon - Hastings Hill - Washington 
2B - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Hylton Road - Pennywell - Washington 
2C - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Barmston - Washington 
35  - Extension to Doxford Park (removal of the Royal Hospital part of the route)

37/38/39 Pennywell - Doxford Park 
37 - Pennywell - Springwell - East Herrington - Doxford Park - Hall Farm - Tunstall Bank - Ryhope - Queen Alexandra Road - Sunderland - Millfield - Ford Estate - Pennywell (every 15 mins)
38 - Pennywell - Ford Estate - Milfield - Sunderland - Queen Alexandria Road - Ryhope - Tunstall Bank - Hall Farm - Doxford Park - East Herrington - Springwell - Pennywell (every 15 mins)
39 Sunderland - 33 Route to Silksworth - Doxford - Farringdon - Thorney - A690 - Hospital - Sunderland (every 20 mins)
40 - Sunderland - Hospital - A690 - Thorney - Farringdon - Doxford - 33 Route to Sunderland - Sunderland (every 20 mins) 
X56 - Sunderland - A690 - Doxford Park - 39B Washington - Follingsby - Heworth - Gateshead - Newcastle (every 30 mins)

Peterlee Changes 

61/61A - Sunderland - A690 - Queen Alexandria Road - Leechmere Asda - Hollicarside - New Seaham - Murton - Easington - Haswell (61) - Shotton - (61) - South Hetton (61A) - Bracket Hill  - Peterlee Bus Station - 61 (209 route) 61A (210 Route). 
X6 Sunderland - Seaham - Dalton Park - Peterlee - Shotton - Bowburn (amazon) - Durham every 30 mins 
X2 Wingate - Peterlee - Easington Village - South Hetton - Easington lane - Hetton - Houghton - Gateshead - Newcastle (every 30 mins) 

Washington Changes

X1/X2/X3/X4/X5 Combined every 10 mins
X1 - Easington Lane - Hetton - Houghton - Waterview Park - Washington - Gateshead Newcastle Newcastle (every 60 mins)
X2 - Wingate - Peterlee - Easington Village - South Hetton - Easington lane - Hetton - Houghton - Gateshead - Newcastle (every 30 mins)
X3 - Seaham - Dalton Park - Easington Lane - Hetton - Houghton - Gateshead - Newcastle (every 60 mins) 
X4 - Easington Lane - Hetton - Rainton - Bournmoor - Washington - Gateshead - Newcastle (every 60 mins)
X5 - Easington - Hetton - Houghton - Oxclose - Washington - Gateshead - Newcastle (every 60 mins)

56/56A every 15 mins combined
56 - Sunderland - High Southwick - Rehouse - Townend Farm - Nissan - Concord - Usworth - Follingsby (continue as the 58 route) reduce the 58 to every 30 mins. - Eldon Square
56A - Sunderland - Southwick - Hylton Castle - Hertburn - Donwell - Springwell - QE - Gateshead - Newcastle Eldon Square
PVR on X1-X5 would be covered by the spare Streetdecks which are now free.

cbma06

04 Aug 2022, 2:14 pm #2,444
(04 Aug 2022, 1:07 pm)Unber43 PVR on X1-X5 would be covered by the spare Streetdecks which are now free.

With these proposed new services , where would all these extra drivers coming from?, pvr on existing bus services have been reduced to no drivers available, and once the government money runs out there’s going to be more of an impact of bus services reduced and axed, making the last few months of bus changes seem like a Sunday picnic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
04 Aug 2022, 2:14 pm #2,444

(04 Aug 2022, 1:07 pm)Unber43 PVR on X1-X5 would be covered by the spare Streetdecks which are now free.

With these proposed new services , where would all these extra drivers coming from?, pvr on existing bus services have been reduced to no drivers available, and once the government money runs out there’s going to be more of an impact of bus services reduced and axed, making the last few months of bus changes seem like a Sunday picnic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04 Aug 2022, 2:38 pm #2,445
I'm only going to propose a hourly service here because of driver shortages.

New Service 80:
Newcastle Eldon Square
Newcastle Central Station
Team Valley North End
Team Valley Retail World
Team Valley South End
Birtley Northside Estate
Birtley Station Lane
Barley Mow Dorset Avenue
Ayton Dunnock Drive
Lambton Village Centre
Washington Galleries

Pros
Would Replace 91 Between Newcastle & Team Valley
Would Replace 82A Birtley - Washington
Would Replace TB14 Birtley - Northside
Would Provide Direct Links from Washington, Barley Mow & Birtley to Team Valley.
Would Operate With a PVR of 2.
Attached Files
.pdf
80 Timetable.pdf
Size 90.6 KB / Downloads 17

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
04 Aug 2022, 2:38 pm #2,445

I'm only going to propose a hourly service here because of driver shortages.

New Service 80:
Newcastle Eldon Square
Newcastle Central Station
Team Valley North End
Team Valley Retail World
Team Valley South End
Birtley Northside Estate
Birtley Station Lane
Barley Mow Dorset Avenue
Ayton Dunnock Drive
Lambton Village Centre
Washington Galleries

Pros
Would Replace 91 Between Newcastle & Team Valley
Would Replace 82A Birtley - Washington
Would Replace TB14 Birtley - Northside
Would Provide Direct Links from Washington, Barley Mow & Birtley to Team Valley.
Would Operate With a PVR of 2.

Attached Files
.pdf
80 Timetable.pdf
Size 90.6 KB / Downloads 17

10 Aug 2022, 5:45 pm #2,446
This is a revision of my earlier post (#2,445)

New Service 80 (Every 30 Mins)
Newcastle, Team Valley, Birtley, Barley Mow, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Biddick, Fallowfield Way, Fatfield Bridge, A182, Shiney Row, Success, Fence Houses, Rainton Bridge, Hetton Park Estate, Easington Lane 

New Service 80A (Hourly)
Newcastle, Team Valley, Northside Estate, Birtley, Barley Mow, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Washington Village, Barmston Court, Barmston (Waskerley Road), Peel, Cherry Blossom Way, Sulgrave (Station Road), Concord

New Service 80B (Hourly)
Newcastle, Team Valley, Kibblesworth, Birtley, Barley Mow, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Washington Village, Barmston Court, Barmston (Waskerley Road), Peel, Cherry Blossom Way, Sulgrave (Station Road), Concord

I'm not 100% sure on vehicle allocation and any suggestions would be welcome. 
Please note the total PVR of all three is 12.

ASX_Terranova
10 Aug 2022, 5:45 pm #2,446

This is a revision of my earlier post (#2,445)

New Service 80 (Every 30 Mins)
Newcastle, Team Valley, Birtley, Barley Mow, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Biddick, Fallowfield Way, Fatfield Bridge, A182, Shiney Row, Success, Fence Houses, Rainton Bridge, Hetton Park Estate, Easington Lane 

New Service 80A (Hourly)
Newcastle, Team Valley, Northside Estate, Birtley, Barley Mow, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Washington Village, Barmston Court, Barmston (Waskerley Road), Peel, Cherry Blossom Way, Sulgrave (Station Road), Concord

New Service 80B (Hourly)
Newcastle, Team Valley, Kibblesworth, Birtley, Barley Mow, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Washington Village, Barmston Court, Barmston (Waskerley Road), Peel, Cherry Blossom Way, Sulgrave (Station Road), Concord

I'm not 100% sure on vehicle allocation and any suggestions would be welcome. 
Please note the total PVR of all three is 12.

Unber43

11 Aug 2022, 9:31 pm #2,447
I think GNE should extend the 20 through Farringdon, Thorney on the A690 to give the X20 more of an express feel, as I always thought the X20 only took 40 mins, however It actually takes 50 mins and the 20 takes 59 mins, not really that much of an express between Sunderland & Durham
Unber43
11 Aug 2022, 9:31 pm #2,447

I think GNE should extend the 20 through Farringdon, Thorney on the A690 to give the X20 more of an express feel, as I always thought the X20 only took 40 mins, however It actually takes 50 mins and the 20 takes 59 mins, not really that much of an express between Sunderland & Durham

N1cholas

11 Aug 2022, 9:47 pm #2,448
(11 Aug 2022, 9:31 pm)Unber43 I think GNE should extend the 20 through Farringdon, Thorney on the A690 to give the X20 more of an express feel, as I always thought the X20 only took 40 mins, however It actually takes 50 mins and the 20 takes 59 mins, not really that much of an express between Sunderland & Durham
Wont be long and the X20 will probably get scrapped with the 20 extended to Langley park every 30 mins as a 20A also running via rainton bridge to save the complaints, seems pointless having so many buses on the same corridor to Durham
N1cholas
11 Aug 2022, 9:47 pm #2,448

(11 Aug 2022, 9:31 pm)Unber43 I think GNE should extend the 20 through Farringdon, Thorney on the A690 to give the X20 more of an express feel, as I always thought the X20 only took 40 mins, however It actually takes 50 mins and the 20 takes 59 mins, not really that much of an express between Sunderland & Durham
Wont be long and the X20 will probably get scrapped with the 20 extended to Langley park every 30 mins as a 20A also running via rainton bridge to save the complaints, seems pointless having so many buses on the same corridor to Durham

Unber43

11 Aug 2022, 9:49 pm #2,449
(11 Aug 2022, 9:47 pm)N1cholas Wont be long and the X20 will probably get scrapped with the 20 extended to Langley park every 30 mins as a 20A also running via rainton bridge to save the complaints, seems pointless having so many buses on the same corridor to Durham
I can't see the X20 getting scraped.

However what I would like to see is the 20 being moved up to either 10/12 mins and being sent via either side of the A690 to provide better links to Durham

I would love a 65 extension upto Langley Park I feel like the Livery would suit it. 

X20/65 hourly extension or every 20 mins.
Edited 11 Aug 2022, 9:53 pm by Unber43.
Unber43
11 Aug 2022, 9:49 pm #2,449

(11 Aug 2022, 9:47 pm)N1cholas Wont be long and the X20 will probably get scrapped with the 20 extended to Langley park every 30 mins as a 20A also running via rainton bridge to save the complaints, seems pointless having so many buses on the same corridor to Durham
I can't see the X20 getting scraped.

However what I would like to see is the 20 being moved up to either 10/12 mins and being sent via either side of the A690 to provide better links to Durham

I would love a 65 extension upto Langley Park I feel like the Livery would suit it. 

X20/65 hourly extension or every 20 mins.

Unber43

14 Aug 2022, 3:00 pm #2,450
On Sundays Extend the 50 to Sunderland via Whitburn & Seaburn.
Unber43
14 Aug 2022, 3:00 pm #2,450

On Sundays Extend the 50 to Sunderland via Whitburn & Seaburn.

F114TML

14 Aug 2022, 3:39 pm #2,451
(14 Aug 2022, 3:00 pm)Unber43 On Sundays Extend the 50 to Sunderland via Whitburn & Seaburn.
Don't think Stagecoach would be too happy about that tbh. Aside from a bus to Durham via everywhere, what would that offer over the E1/2/6?
F114TML
14 Aug 2022, 3:39 pm #2,451

(14 Aug 2022, 3:00 pm)Unber43 On Sundays Extend the 50 to Sunderland via Whitburn & Seaburn.
Don't think Stagecoach would be too happy about that tbh. Aside from a bus to Durham via everywhere, what would that offer over the E1/2/6?

Unber43

14 Aug 2022, 3:42 pm #2,452
(14 Aug 2022, 3:39 pm)F114TML Don't think Stagecoach would be too happy about that tbh. Aside from a bus to Durham via everywhere, what would that offer over the E1/2/6?
Connection to the beach from Sunderland, just an added connection for thoses who live in Sunderland/Surrounding areas who have GNE tickets.
Unber43
14 Aug 2022, 3:42 pm #2,452

(14 Aug 2022, 3:39 pm)F114TML Don't think Stagecoach would be too happy about that tbh. Aside from a bus to Durham via everywhere, what would that offer over the E1/2/6?
Connection to the beach from Sunderland, just an added connection for thoses who live in Sunderland/Surrounding areas who have GNE tickets.

F114TML

14 Aug 2022, 4:00 pm #2,453
A connection that already exists on 4 Stagecoach routes (3 ecos, and the 18 Mon-Sat/23 Sun). If you're doing it for the benefit of those in, say, Ryhope, who don't have a Stagecoach service, wouldn't it be better to extend the 60?
F114TML
14 Aug 2022, 4:00 pm #2,453

A connection that already exists on 4 Stagecoach routes (3 ecos, and the 18 Mon-Sat/23 Sun). If you're doing it for the benefit of those in, say, Ryhope, who don't have a Stagecoach service, wouldn't it be better to extend the 60?

Unber43

14 Aug 2022, 4:05 pm #2,454
(14 Aug 2022, 4:00 pm)F114TML A connection that already exists on 4 Stagecoach routes (3 ecos, and the 18 Mon-Sat/23 Sun). If you're doing it for the benefit of those in, say, Ryhope, who don't have a Stagecoach service, wouldn't it be better to extend the 60?
Maybe however for people coming from Houghton, Murton, Seaham. 

Maybe the 60 would be better actually.
Unber43
14 Aug 2022, 4:05 pm #2,454

(14 Aug 2022, 4:00 pm)F114TML A connection that already exists on 4 Stagecoach routes (3 ecos, and the 18 Mon-Sat/23 Sun). If you're doing it for the benefit of those in, say, Ryhope, who don't have a Stagecoach service, wouldn't it be better to extend the 60?
Maybe however for people coming from Houghton, Murton, Seaham. 

Maybe the 60 would be better actually.

LVK 404L

14 Aug 2022, 4:09 pm #2,455
If your going to do that I'd further extend via a fast route straight on to durham making it a circular giving Durham to Shields passengers options for slow or fast 

Similar to X20 but that doesn't do Sunderland on a Sunday does it?
LVK 404L
14 Aug 2022, 4:09 pm #2,455

If your going to do that I'd further extend via a fast route straight on to durham making it a circular giving Durham to Shields passengers options for slow or fast 

Unber43

14 Aug 2022, 4:10 pm #2,456
(14 Aug 2022, 4:09 pm)ifm001 If your going to do that I'd further extend via a fast route straight on to durham making it a circular giving Durham to Shields passengers options for slow or fast 

Yep and then you would have to put a service to Langley Park, maybe you do do the 65 back hourly and extend that to Langley.
Unber43
14 Aug 2022, 4:10 pm #2,456

(14 Aug 2022, 4:09 pm)ifm001 If your going to do that I'd further extend via a fast route straight on to durham making it a circular giving Durham to Shields passengers options for slow or fast 

Yep and then you would have to put a service to Langley Park, maybe you do do the 65 back hourly and extend that to Langley.

F114TML

14 Aug 2022, 4:11 pm #2,457

Or just extend the X20 to Shields, limited stop along the coast?
F114TML
14 Aug 2022, 4:11 pm #2,457

Or just extend the X20 to Shields, limited stop along the coast?

LVK 404L

14 Aug 2022, 4:13 pm #2,458
(14 Aug 2022, 4:11 pm)F114TML Or just extend the X20 to Shields, limited stop along the coast?
South Shields was the original terminus of the X20 when it was first introduced back in 97/98, got truncated at Park Lane on favour of increased 535/536 at the time.
LVK 404L
14 Aug 2022, 4:13 pm #2,458

(14 Aug 2022, 4:11 pm)F114TML Or just extend the X20 to Shields, limited stop along the coast?
South Shields was the original terminus of the X20 when it was first introduced back in 97/98, got truncated at Park Lane on favour of increased 535/536 at the time.

Unber43

14 Aug 2022, 4:18 pm #2,459
Tbf the X20 to South Shields makes no sense as the 24 goes the quickest way. The 50 or 60 extended to South Sheields/Sunderland would be best.
Unber43
14 Aug 2022, 4:18 pm #2,459

Tbf the X20 to South Shields makes no sense as the 24 goes the quickest way. The 50 or 60 extended to South Sheields/Sunderland would be best.

MurdnunoC

14 Aug 2022, 4:21 pm #2,460
This conversation is starting to make no sense.
MurdnunoC
14 Aug 2022, 4:21 pm #2,460

This conversation is starting to make no sense.

Pages (150) Previous 1122 123 124150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average