Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 141 42 43150 Next
2bagstew

06 Jun 2020, 4:08 pm #821
(06 Jun 2020, 3:50 pm)cbma06 Since Easington Colliery is served by half hourly frequency northern 208 service if and only if the 23 gets withdrawn, Arriva could divert all journeys on service 22 via Easington the same as evening journeys, or I don’t know how much time the x21/x22 gets in Peterlee bus station but if re arranged could extend along the daytime 22 route in a circle Easington Village then down to the colliery, along to Horden and back in Peterlee from Horden crossroads which will open new links and re established links back into Horden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is not enough time on the X21/X22 to extend both only have about 5 minutes turn around at the bus station.
Before Arriva recently increased some of there services the 23 was totally off and the 22 ran the enhanced Sunday timetable....

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Tapatalk
2bagstew
06 Jun 2020, 4:08 pm #821

(06 Jun 2020, 3:50 pm)cbma06 Since Easington Colliery is served by half hourly frequency northern 208 service if and only if the 23 gets withdrawn, Arriva could divert all journeys on service 22 via Easington the same as evening journeys, or I don’t know how much time the x21/x22 gets in Peterlee bus station but if re arranged could extend along the daytime 22 route in a circle Easington Village then down to the colliery, along to Horden and back in Peterlee from Horden crossroads which will open new links and re established links back into Horden.

There is not enough time on the X21/X22 to extend both only have about 5 minutes turn around at the bus station.
Before Arriva recently increased some of there services the 23 was totally off and the 22 ran the enhanced Sunday timetable....

cbma06

06 Jun 2020, 4:45 pm #822
(06 Jun 2020, 4:08 pm)2bagstew There is not enough time on the X21/X22 to extend both only have about 5 minutes turn around at the bus station.

Should take the x21/x22 out of Lancaster Hill area in Peterlee, the 2 junctions on burnhope way is ridiculous, since the cut of x21 to Sunderland, Arriva must of inserted them in the estate to run the time down, northern 201 half hourly was put on through that estate because Arriva withdrew the original 213 to save a bit of time due to trying getting out of the junction at The Argus butterfly, just have to see about the 23 when the timetables etc...gets back to normal in a couple of years hopefully

cbma06
06 Jun 2020, 4:45 pm #822

(06 Jun 2020, 4:08 pm)2bagstew There is not enough time on the X21/X22 to extend both only have about 5 minutes turn around at the bus station.

Should take the x21/x22 out of Lancaster Hill area in Peterlee, the 2 junctions on burnhope way is ridiculous, since the cut of x21 to Sunderland, Arriva must of inserted them in the estate to run the time down, northern 201 half hourly was put on through that estate because Arriva withdrew the original 213 to save a bit of time due to trying getting out of the junction at The Argus butterfly, just have to see about the 23 when the timetables etc...gets back to normal in a couple of years hopefully

2bagstew

06 Jun 2020, 5:27 pm #823
(06 Jun 2020, 4:45 pm)cbma06 Should take the x21/x22 out of Lancaster Hill area in Peterlee, the 2 junctions on burnhope way is ridiculous, since the cut of x21 to Sunderland, Arriva must of inserted them in the estate to run the time down, northern 201 half hourly was put on through that estate because Arriva withdrew the original 213 to save a bit of time due to trying getting out of the junction at The Argus butterfly, just have to see about the 23 when the timetables etc...gets back to normal in a couple of years hopefully

Northern has just retimed the 201 to run 5 mins in front of the X21X22.
At peak it takes ages to get out at the Moorcock, X21 should have went straight down. The X22 should of continued to go along passfield way where it did pick up trade.
I agree the X21 or X22 should go to Easington Village via Horden then it would provide an all day service when linked with evening service 239

2bagstew
06 Jun 2020, 5:27 pm #823

(06 Jun 2020, 4:45 pm)cbma06 Should take the x21/x22 out of Lancaster Hill area in Peterlee, the 2 junctions on burnhope way is ridiculous, since the cut of x21 to Sunderland, Arriva must of inserted them in the estate to run the time down, northern 201 half hourly was put on through that estate because Arriva withdrew the original 213 to save a bit of time due to trying getting out of the junction at The Argus butterfly, just have to see about the 23 when the timetables etc...gets back to normal in a couple of years hopefully

Northern has just retimed the 201 to run 5 mins in front of the X21X22.
At peak it takes ages to get out at the Moorcock, X21 should have went straight down. The X22 should of continued to go along passfield way where it did pick up trade.
I agree the X21 or X22 should go to Easington Village via Horden then it would provide an all day service when linked with evening service 239

Malarkey

06 Jun 2020, 9:35 pm #824
265 - Durham - Gilesgate - Belmont - Low Pittington - Low Moorsley - Hetton-Le-Hole - Murton - Dalton Park - New Seaham - Seaham - Ryhope - Grangetown - Sunderland
Operates Every 20 Minutes (Monday to Saturday) Hourly (Sundays) merging with service 61 twice an hour.

61 - Sunderland - Grangetown - Ryhope - Seaham - Spectrum Business Park - Dalton Park - Peterlee - Wingate - Station Town - Hutton Henry - Hartlepool - Greatham - Billingham - Middlesborough
62 - Sunderland - Grangetown - Ryhope - Seaham - Spectrum Business Park - Dalton Park - Peterlee - Horden - Blackhall Colliery - Hartlepool - Seaton Carew - Middlesborough
Operates Every 15 Minutes Combined (Monday to Saturday) Sunderland to Peterlee, Hourly each onwards to Hartlepool/Middlesborough, Operating Hourly each on a Sunday - Shorts finishing at Peterlee interwork with Indigo (East Durham) services 209/210.
Malarkey
06 Jun 2020, 9:35 pm #824

265 - Durham - Gilesgate - Belmont - Low Pittington - Low Moorsley - Hetton-Le-Hole - Murton - Dalton Park - New Seaham - Seaham - Ryhope - Grangetown - Sunderland
Operates Every 20 Minutes (Monday to Saturday) Hourly (Sundays) merging with service 61 twice an hour.

61 - Sunderland - Grangetown - Ryhope - Seaham - Spectrum Business Park - Dalton Park - Peterlee - Wingate - Station Town - Hutton Henry - Hartlepool - Greatham - Billingham - Middlesborough
62 - Sunderland - Grangetown - Ryhope - Seaham - Spectrum Business Park - Dalton Park - Peterlee - Horden - Blackhall Colliery - Hartlepool - Seaton Carew - Middlesborough
Operates Every 15 Minutes Combined (Monday to Saturday) Sunderland to Peterlee, Hourly each onwards to Hartlepool/Middlesborough, Operating Hourly each on a Sunday - Shorts finishing at Peterlee interwork with Indigo (East Durham) services 209/210.

cbma06

07 Jun 2020, 6:24 am #825
(06 Jun 2020, 9:35 pm)Malarkey 265 - Durham - Gilesgate - Belmont - Low Pittington - Low Moorsley - Hetton-Le-Hole - Murton - Dalton Park - New Seaham - Seaham - Ryhope - Grangetown - Sunderland

Can’t see GNE operating between Hartlepool and billingham to Middlesbrough area as it’s stagecoach area, there can get away with the x9 in billingham as it’s an old purchased operators route (Ok 211 route).

Would like to see GNE entering east Durham from the county border:

Extend the 35 from low moorsley to high pittington.

Extend a journey on the 61 back to Easington lane and onto Haswell, Wheatley Hill and Thornley , or extend 1 or 2 journeys from X1 to these villages, which would open some old and new links.

cbma06
07 Jun 2020, 6:24 am #825

(06 Jun 2020, 9:35 pm)Malarkey 265 - Durham - Gilesgate - Belmont - Low Pittington - Low Moorsley - Hetton-Le-Hole - Murton - Dalton Park - New Seaham - Seaham - Ryhope - Grangetown - Sunderland

Can’t see GNE operating between Hartlepool and billingham to Middlesbrough area as it’s stagecoach area, there can get away with the x9 in billingham as it’s an old purchased operators route (Ok 211 route).

Extend a journey on the 61 back to Easington lane and onto Haswell, Wheatley Hill and Thornley , or extend 1 or 2 journeys from X1 to these villages, which would open some old and new links.

Storx

07 Jun 2020, 8:18 am #826
There's always an obsession with GNE extending to other areas which they don't control. Am I the only person who would rather they would sort their own areas out before this? The Sunderland and N. Tyneside areas both badly need worked on and both starting from scratch imo. The fact that both networks are both heavily subsidised at evenings shows that people aren't using them, especially N. Tyneside. The fact that there's certain places just unserved; Silverlink (pretty much), Tesco Norham Road (pretty much), North Tyne Industrial Estate (pretty much) - it's no wonder why. I believe every bus route in the area is subsidised in one way or another now.
Storx
07 Jun 2020, 8:18 am #826

There's always an obsession with GNE extending to other areas which they don't control. Am I the only person who would rather they would sort their own areas out before this? The Sunderland and N. Tyneside areas both badly need worked on and both starting from scratch imo. The fact that both networks are both heavily subsidised at evenings shows that people aren't using them, especially N. Tyneside. The fact that there's certain places just unserved; Silverlink (pretty much), Tesco Norham Road (pretty much), North Tyne Industrial Estate (pretty much) - it's no wonder why. I believe every bus route in the area is subsidised in one way or another now.

cbma06

07 Jun 2020, 8:25 am #827
(07 Jun 2020, 8:18 am)Storx There's always an obsession with GNE extending to other areas which they don't control. Am I the only person who would rather they would sort their own areas out before this? The Sunderland and N. Tyneside areas both badly need worked on and both starting from scratch imo. The fact that both networks are both heavily subsidised at evenings shows that people aren't using them, especially N. Tyneside. The fact that there's certain places just unserved; Silverlink (pretty much), Tesco Norham Road (pretty much), North Tyne Industrial Estate (pretty much) - it's no wonder why. I believe every bus route in the area is subsidised in one way or another now.

You should write a letter to GNE to tell them to sort there bus services out and stop putting greed before passengers

cbma06
07 Jun 2020, 8:25 am #827

(07 Jun 2020, 8:18 am)Storx There's always an obsession with GNE extending to other areas which they don't control. Am I the only person who would rather they would sort their own areas out before this? The Sunderland and N. Tyneside areas both badly need worked on and both starting from scratch imo. The fact that both networks are both heavily subsidised at evenings shows that people aren't using them, especially N. Tyneside. The fact that there's certain places just unserved; Silverlink (pretty much), Tesco Norham Road (pretty much), North Tyne Industrial Estate (pretty much) - it's no wonder why. I believe every bus route in the area is subsidised in one way or another now.

You should write a letter to GNE to tell them to sort there bus services out and stop putting greed before passengers

07 Jun 2020, 11:11 am #828
Washington for start, not having a alt to the X1 to take off pressure, evening 80s operated by GCT, not serving the 8 section between washington and chester-le-street on a sunday plus if you live in teal farm, biddick woods or require a bus to peel/glover you have to use the 37 which is more expensive. Even the 73 should be operated by GNE. The removal of the X88 is not good either.

I have created timetables that if put into service could wipe out GNE's Entire Washington Network. Plus some added bonuses for other areas.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
07 Jun 2020, 11:11 am #828

Washington for start, not having a alt to the X1 to take off pressure, evening 80s operated by GCT, not serving the 8 section between washington and chester-le-street on a sunday plus if you live in teal farm, biddick woods or require a bus to peel/glover you have to use the 37 which is more expensive. Even the 73 should be operated by GNE. The removal of the X88 is not good either.

I have created timetables that if put into service could wipe out GNE's Entire Washington Network. Plus some added bonuses for other areas.

cbma06

07 Jun 2020, 11:29 am #829
(07 Jun 2020, 11:11 am)ASX_Terranova Washington for start, not having a alt to the X1 to take off pressure, evening 80s operated by GCT, not serving the 8 section between washington and chester-le-street on a sunday plus if you live in teal farm, biddick woods or require a bus to peel/glover you have to use the 37 which is more expensive. Even the 73 should be operated by GNE. The removal of the X88 is not good either.

I think it’s alot more areas that are effected, the withdrawn X88 was going to happen anyway as there’s other ways to get to the metrocentre and probably won’t be back when the metrocentre closes, regarding the 80’s running by GCT by Nexus as GNE is not a profitable service, example: any services daytime,evenings and Sunday’s that the bus company says it’s not profitable why should Nexus or any local authority should be footing the bill to run this secured services while the big cats sitting on there Caribbean holiday second homes playing roulette for deciding what evening bus services that there can take away from the passengers, anger should be vetted against the bus company and not to the local authority doing there best to try and secure services, also the secured services should not be ran by the bus company that does the normal service during the day, as why should there get paid from the local authority to run the service as there get alot of profit during the day time service.

cbma06
07 Jun 2020, 11:29 am #829

(07 Jun 2020, 11:11 am)ASX_Terranova Washington for start, not having a alt to the X1 to take off pressure, evening 80s operated by GCT, not serving the 8 section between washington and chester-le-street on a sunday plus if you live in teal farm, biddick woods or require a bus to peel/glover you have to use the 37 which is more expensive. Even the 73 should be operated by GNE. The removal of the X88 is not good either.

I think it’s alot more areas that are effected, the withdrawn X88 was going to happen anyway as there’s other ways to get to the metrocentre and probably won’t be back when the metrocentre closes, regarding the 80’s running by GCT by Nexus as GNE is not a profitable service, example: any services daytime,evenings and Sunday’s that the bus company says it’s not profitable why should Nexus or any local authority should be footing the bill to run this secured services while the big cats sitting on there Caribbean holiday second homes playing roulette for deciding what evening bus services that there can take away from the passengers, anger should be vetted against the bus company and not to the local authority doing there best to try and secure services, also the secured services should not be ran by the bus company that does the normal service during the day, as why should there get paid from the local authority to run the service as there get alot of profit during the day time service.

07 Jun 2020, 11:42 am #830
(07 Jun 2020, 11:29 am)cbma06 I think it’s alot more areas that are effected, the withdrawn X88 was going to happen anyway as there’s other ways to get to the metrocentre and probably won’t be back when the metrocentre closes, regarding the 80’s running by GCT by Nexus as GNE is not a profitable service, example: any services daytime,evenings and Sunday’s that the bus company says it’s not profitable why should Nexus or any local authority should be footing the bill to run this secured services while the big cats sitting on there Caribbean holiday second homes playing roulette for deciding what evening bus services that there can take away from the passengers, anger should be vetted against the bus company and not to the local authority doing there best to try and secure services, also the secured services should not be ran by the bus company that does the normal service during the day, as why should there get paid from the local authority to run the service as there get alot of profit during the day time service.

These services would probably make GNE quiver in their commerical boots

ASX_Terranova
07 Jun 2020, 11:42 am #830

(07 Jun 2020, 11:29 am)cbma06 I think it’s alot more areas that are effected, the withdrawn X88 was going to happen anyway as there’s other ways to get to the metrocentre and probably won’t be back when the metrocentre closes, regarding the 80’s running by GCT by Nexus as GNE is not a profitable service, example: any services daytime,evenings and Sunday’s that the bus company says it’s not profitable why should Nexus or any local authority should be footing the bill to run this secured services while the big cats sitting on there Caribbean holiday second homes playing roulette for deciding what evening bus services that there can take away from the passengers, anger should be vetted against the bus company and not to the local authority doing there best to try and secure services, also the secured services should not be ran by the bus company that does the normal service during the day, as why should there get paid from the local authority to run the service as there get alot of profit during the day time service.

These services would probably make GNE quiver in their commerical boots

V514DFT

07 Jun 2020, 1:41 pm #831
[quote='cbma06' pid='243606' dateline='1591518345']

/quote]
I agree,the March N,Tyneside changes are an absolute shambles

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
07 Jun 2020, 1:41 pm #831

[quote='cbma06' pid='243606' dateline='1591518345']

/quote]
I agree,the March N,Tyneside changes are an absolute shambles

Kind Regards
Tez

alan7264

Unregistered

07 Jun 2020, 3:51 pm #832
(06 Jun 2020, 9:52 am)ii_Gaz Tbh, they should have replaced 55 with somethingg, because a lot of people used that route. Now people have to use Arriva high prices.

Arriva high prices - return or day ticket between Sunderland and Hartlepool only £5
alan7264
07 Jun 2020, 3:51 pm #832

(06 Jun 2020, 9:52 am)ii_Gaz Tbh, they should have replaced 55 with somethingg, because a lot of people used that route. Now people have to use Arriva high prices.

Arriva high prices - return or day ticket between Sunderland and Hartlepool only £5

07 Jun 2020, 4:09 pm #833
(07 Jun 2020, 3:51 pm)alan7264 Arriva high prices - return or day ticket between Sunderland and Hartlepool only £5
I  agree , £5 return is excellent value. I used that ticket when  the trains were on strike. 

On the broader question of GNE, the company is forever changing their services. It seems that one bright spark in the timetabling department has a brain wave, creates an obscure route eg Murton to Jarrow; or the obsession with service numbers with ‘A’ or ‘B’ or ‘C’ variations. There are more examples of GNE chopping and changing constantly eg Silksworth  services. I could go on ....
Economic505
07 Jun 2020, 4:09 pm #833

(07 Jun 2020, 3:51 pm)alan7264 Arriva high prices - return or day ticket between Sunderland and Hartlepool only £5
I  agree , £5 return is excellent value. I used that ticket when  the trains were on strike. 

On the broader question of GNE, the company is forever changing their services. It seems that one bright spark in the timetabling department has a brain wave, creates an obscure route eg Murton to Jarrow; or the obsession with service numbers with ‘A’ or ‘B’ or ‘C’ variations. There are more examples of GNE chopping and changing constantly eg Silksworth  services. I could go on ....

07 Jun 2020, 6:47 pm #834
(07 Jun 2020, 4:09 pm)Economic505 I  agree , £5 return is excellent value. I used that ticket when  the trains were on strike. 

In my opinion, routes numbers with A, B or C variations should only exist when the destination is the same but they take a slightly different route, but they follow the same route for most of the journey. Take the 49/49A/49C for example.

Routes like the 10, where the varations only share a portion of the route but then go to completely different destinations should be separate services, because that's exactly what they are!
streetdeckfan
07 Jun 2020, 6:47 pm #834

(07 Jun 2020, 4:09 pm)Economic505 I  agree , £5 return is excellent value. I used that ticket when  the trains were on strike. 

In my opinion, routes numbers with A, B or C variations should only exist when the destination is the same but they take a slightly different route, but they follow the same route for most of the journey. Take the 49/49A/49C for example.

Routes like the 10, where the varations only share a portion of the route but then go to completely different destinations should be separate services, because that's exactly what they are!

Big O

08 Jun 2020, 12:14 am #835
I think the 10A should be renumbered 11 and maybe the late-night journeys on the 45 that go via Chopwell be renumbered 48.

It's hard to get right up here I guess, it's not really that big a city and everything is literally concentrated in one area so people tend to flock to the same place all the time.

Nexus, however, need to do more, some services they run are absolutely pointless and promotion means little is known about them, the 359 is one of them. The 51A could replace that. The K2 could be replaced by an extended 335 to Killingworth. The K1 could literally be a dial-up service, no one uses it.

I know I went off-topic but having said this, I do think GNE lead the way up here, I like Arriva too, but Stagecoach for me is just a terrible company, little to no investment on their services, and the new buses we see on the 39 and 40 are by their hands being forced by the impending CAZ. It strikes me as odd, how they have some of the most battered things running around on what looks like key routes. Their interior is miserable, the new one looks bad too, and those MANs E200s, some of which I used to drive are lethal.
Big O
08 Jun 2020, 12:14 am #835

I think the 10A should be renumbered 11 and maybe the late-night journeys on the 45 that go via Chopwell be renumbered 48.

It's hard to get right up here I guess, it's not really that big a city and everything is literally concentrated in one area so people tend to flock to the same place all the time.

Nexus, however, need to do more, some services they run are absolutely pointless and promotion means little is known about them, the 359 is one of them. The 51A could replace that. The K2 could be replaced by an extended 335 to Killingworth. The K1 could literally be a dial-up service, no one uses it.

I know I went off-topic but having said this, I do think GNE lead the way up here, I like Arriva too, but Stagecoach for me is just a terrible company, little to no investment on their services, and the new buses we see on the 39 and 40 are by their hands being forced by the impending CAZ. It strikes me as odd, how they have some of the most battered things running around on what looks like key routes. Their interior is miserable, the new one looks bad too, and those MANs E200s, some of which I used to drive are lethal.

08 Jun 2020, 3:06 am #836
(08 Jun 2020, 12:14 am)Big O I think the 10A should be renumbered 11 and maybe the late-night journeys on the 45 that go via Chopwell be renumbered 48.

SNE have the most stable network though. Years of GNE flip flopping around , changing their timetables have left the customer rather baffled . Too many brands and livery changes.
Economic505
08 Jun 2020, 3:06 am #836

(08 Jun 2020, 12:14 am)Big O I think the 10A should be renumbered 11 and maybe the late-night journeys on the 45 that go via Chopwell be renumbered 48.

SNE have the most stable network though. Years of GNE flip flopping around , changing their timetables have left the customer rather baffled . Too many brands and livery changes.

Andreos1

08 Jun 2020, 1:49 pm #837
(06 Jun 2020, 3:22 pm)2bagstew  I feel Arriva will use the fact that Northern have pulled out to reduce the section between Peterlee and Hartlepool to half hourly in the near future.  
Off peak the 23 is lightly used on this section, more than often the 23 & 24 land together at the Peterlee bus station.

I thought I'd replied to this at the time. Obviously didn't! 
Can't see that happening myself. The market is theirs to lose now. To give it up like that, would be self-defeating. It's theirs now.
If they put prices up or start to reduce the service offer, they're leaving a gap which could be exploited by the likes of GNE returning in the future.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 Jun 2020, 1:49 pm #837

(06 Jun 2020, 3:22 pm)2bagstew  I feel Arriva will use the fact that Northern have pulled out to reduce the section between Peterlee and Hartlepool to half hourly in the near future.  
Off peak the 23 is lightly used on this section, more than often the 23 & 24 land together at the Peterlee bus station.

I thought I'd replied to this at the time. Obviously didn't! 
Can't see that happening myself. The market is theirs to lose now. To give it up like that, would be self-defeating. It's theirs now.
If they put prices up or start to reduce the service offer, they're leaving a gap which could be exploited by the likes of GNE returning in the future.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

ii_Gaz

10 Jun 2020, 11:17 am #838
I guess i’m just use to GNE and Stagecoach hartlepools low prices???‍♂️
ii_Gaz
10 Jun 2020, 11:17 am #838

I guess i’m just use to GNE and Stagecoach hartlepools low prices???‍♂️

Malarkey

10 Jun 2020, 9:02 pm #839
(07 Jun 2020, 6:24 am)cbma06 Can’t see GNE operating between Hartlepool and billingham to Middlesbrough area as it’s stagecoach area, there can get away with the x9 in billingham as it’s an old purchased operators route (Ok 211 route).

Extend a journey on the 61 back to Easington lane and onto Haswell, Wheatley Hill and Thornley , or extend 1 or 2 journeys from X1 to these villages, which would open  some old and new links.

Hadn't realised until I looked on the Bygone Era that the X7 stopped running to Middlesbrough in 2015, where has that 5 years gone.

The few times I did use the service it was packed every single time particularly with elderly passengers if the missed the X9/X35 back then as it was.

I was just looking at a way the service in that area could be more sustainable and what potential links it could open for those in that area.

As for the 35 you could merge it with the 265 between Low Moorsley and Durham rather than as far as Low Pittington which open up further links in those areas direct to the likes of the Royal Hospital/Sunderland University and of course the City Centre.

You could also introduce a further variation of the 71 between Houghton & Seaham running via Hetton-Le-Hole/Dalton Park to partially replace the remaining section of the 265.
Malarkey
10 Jun 2020, 9:02 pm #839

(07 Jun 2020, 6:24 am)cbma06 Can’t see GNE operating between Hartlepool and billingham to Middlesbrough area as it’s stagecoach area, there can get away with the x9 in billingham as it’s an old purchased operators route (Ok 211 route).

Extend a journey on the 61 back to Easington lane and onto Haswell, Wheatley Hill and Thornley , or extend 1 or 2 journeys from X1 to these villages, which would open  some old and new links.

Hadn't realised until I looked on the Bygone Era that the X7 stopped running to Middlesbrough in 2015, where has that 5 years gone.

The few times I did use the service it was packed every single time particularly with elderly passengers if the missed the X9/X35 back then as it was.

I was just looking at a way the service in that area could be more sustainable and what potential links it could open for those in that area.

As for the 35 you could merge it with the 265 between Low Moorsley and Durham rather than as far as Low Pittington which open up further links in those areas direct to the likes of the Royal Hospital/Sunderland University and of course the City Centre.

You could also introduce a further variation of the 71 between Houghton & Seaham running via Hetton-Le-Hole/Dalton Park to partially replace the remaining section of the 265.

11 Jun 2020, 8:44 am #840
New Service Xlines X3 (Every 20 Mins) Between Newcastle & Peterlee via Bensham, Saltwell Park, Low Fell, Harlow Green, Washington Galleries. Shiney Row, Herrington Burn, Newbottle, Houghton-Le-Spring, Rainton Bridge (Peak Times Only), Hetton-Le-Hole, Easington Lane, South Hetton and Easington Village.

Would give slack to 53 & 54/X1/X9 & X10.

ASX_Terranova
11 Jun 2020, 8:44 am #840

New Service Xlines X3 (Every 20 Mins) Between Newcastle & Peterlee via Bensham, Saltwell Park, Low Fell, Harlow Green, Washington Galleries. Shiney Row, Herrington Burn, Newbottle, Houghton-Le-Spring, Rainton Bridge (Peak Times Only), Hetton-Le-Hole, Easington Lane, South Hetton and Easington Village.

Would give slack to 53 & 54/X1/X9 & X10.

Pages (150) Previous 141 42 43150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average