Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 142 43 44150 Next
11 Jun 2020, 9:17 am #841
I m not sure I would call that an express. Instead, if I was in Peterlee, I would pop to the new station and get a much faster train service .
Economic505
11 Jun 2020, 9:17 am #841

I m not sure I would call that an express. Instead, if I was in Peterlee, I would pop to the new station and get a much faster train service .

cbma06

11 Jun 2020, 9:24 am #842
(11 Jun 2020, 9:17 am)Economic505 I m not sure I would call that an express. Instead, if I was in Peterlee, I would pop to the new station and get a much faster train service .

You be waiting awhile on the platform as Horden train station is not open yet until at least a few more months, since the train station is in Horden and not Peterlee you would have to get the bus service from Peterlee to Horden station , I would just hop on the X9 to Newcastle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
11 Jun 2020, 9:24 am #842

(11 Jun 2020, 9:17 am)Economic505 I m not sure I would call that an express. Instead, if I was in Peterlee, I would pop to the new station and get a much faster train service .

You be waiting awhile on the platform as Horden train station is not open yet until at least a few more months, since the train station is in Horden and not Peterlee you would have to get the bus service from Peterlee to Horden station , I would just hop on the X9 to Newcastle.

11 Jun 2020, 9:49 am #843
(11 Jun 2020, 9:24 am)cbma06 You be waiting awhile on the platform as Horden train station is not open yet until at least a few more months, since the train station is in Horden and not Peterlee you would have to get the bus service from Peterlee to Horden station , I would just hop on the X9 to Newcastle.

Isnt the X9 full by the time is reaches peterlee though. Could Extend to Hartlepool i.e old X5/X15.
It would if it only called at certain stops like the X12 or X21

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
11 Jun 2020, 9:49 am #843

(11 Jun 2020, 9:24 am)cbma06 You be waiting awhile on the platform as Horden train station is not open yet until at least a few more months, since the train station is in Horden and not Peterlee you would have to get the bus service from Peterlee to Horden station , I would just hop on the X9 to Newcastle.

Isnt the X9 full by the time is reaches peterlee though. Could Extend to Hartlepool i.e old X5/X15.

cbma06

11 Jun 2020, 10:37 am #844
(11 Jun 2020, 9:49 am)ASX_Terranova Isnt the X9 full by the time is reaches peterlee though. Could Extend to Hartlepool i.e old X5/X15.

I’ve caught the x9 a few times to Newcastle and back and always had a seat, so you want the x9 to go to Hartlepool and terminate there?

cbma06
11 Jun 2020, 10:37 am #844

(11 Jun 2020, 9:49 am)ASX_Terranova Isnt the X9 full by the time is reaches peterlee though. Could Extend to Hartlepool i.e old X5/X15.

I’ve caught the x9 a few times to Newcastle and back and always had a seat, so you want the x9 to go to Hartlepool and terminate there?

11 Jun 2020, 12:11 pm #845

By the time the bus gets to Newcastle, the train will have reached Hexham . Granted , the station not open yet, but it’s imminent . The station is also signposted from Peterlee centre, so you splitting hairs when you talk of Peterlee and Horden .
Economic505
11 Jun 2020, 12:11 pm #845

By the time the bus gets to Newcastle, the train will have reached Hexham . Granted , the station not open yet, but it’s imminent . The station is also signposted from Peterlee centre, so you splitting hairs when you talk of Peterlee and Horden .

11 Jun 2020, 12:46 pm #846
(11 Jun 2020, 12:11 pm)Economic505 By the time the bus gets to Newcastle, the train will have reached Hexham . Granted , the station not open yet, but it’s imminent . The station is also signposted from Peterlee centre, so you splitting hairs when you talk of Peterlee and Horden .

If you were a independent it could be an idea to muscle in on GNE's Turf. You could also get rid of the daytime peterlee terminating 55 and run an extra 35 instead to easington lane or south hetton removing the evening 55s completely.
Plus another bus between Washington and Newcastle is something that could see a lot of patronage (See post #809 for another solution).

ASX_Terranova
11 Jun 2020, 12:46 pm #846

(11 Jun 2020, 12:11 pm)Economic505 By the time the bus gets to Newcastle, the train will have reached Hexham . Granted , the station not open yet, but it’s imminent . The station is also signposted from Peterlee centre, so you splitting hairs when you talk of Peterlee and Horden .

If you were a independent it could be an idea to muscle in on GNE's Turf. You could also get rid of the daytime peterlee terminating 55 and run an extra 35 instead to easington lane or south hetton removing the evening 55s completely.
Plus another bus between Washington and Newcastle is something that could see a lot of patronage (See post #809 for another solution).

cbma06

11 Jun 2020, 12:58 pm #847

There’s a Lot of hairs being split , I think the x9 will get to Newcastle quicker from Peterlee than traveling down to Horden then to Newcastle, hope you don’t get off at Horden Station and go past local folk and saying that your in Peterlee, Peterlee boundry ends before the crossroads, originally it was going to be 1 train each way then the next time I heard it was going to be hourly, the GCT won’t be stopping there, does anyone know what the freq going to be?

The train station will be signposted from Peterlee centre, as there will need the passengers to start using the service otherwise it will be a white elephant

Edited 11 Jun 2020, 1:00 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
11 Jun 2020, 12:58 pm #847

There’s a Lot of hairs being split , I think the x9 will get to Newcastle quicker from Peterlee than traveling down to Horden then to Newcastle, hope you don’t get off at Horden Station and go past local folk and saying that your in Peterlee, Peterlee boundry ends before the crossroads, originally it was going to be 1 train each way then the next time I heard it was going to be hourly, the GCT won’t be stopping there, does anyone know what the freq going to be?

The train station will be signposted from Peterlee centre, as there will need the passengers to start using the service otherwise it will be a white elephant

Storx

11 Jun 2020, 4:55 pm #848
(11 Jun 2020, 12:58 pm)cbma06 There’s a Lot of hairs being split , I think the x9 will get to Newcastle quicker from Peterlee than traveling down to Horden then to Newcastle, hope you don’t get off at Horden Station and go past local folk and saying that your in Peterlee, Peterlee boundry ends  before the crossroads, originally it was going to be 1 train each way then the next time I heard it was going to be hourly, the GCT won’t be stopping there, does anyone know what the freq going to be?

There's one thing here for a commuter, in particular, your missing and that is if the train says it takes 35 minutes, it'll take 35 minutes. Apart from the Metro joining at Sunderland, there's nothing stopping the train so it's more reliable.

The bus on the otherhand might say 45 minutes but at rush hour, all you need is a crash on the A19, traffic at Testo's, traffic in Gateshead or traffic at Heworth and that's quickly going up and it's unreliable in that sense and people going to work can't be dealing with that regularly.

The worst train imo (excluding a Pacer) is also nicer than the best bus (that could be subjective tho) and there's also the option of cycling, if your into that, which could be handy if you don't actually work in the centre of Newcastle and work say down at Newcastle Business Park on Scotswood Road etc.

Any reasonable commuter would choose their transport in the following order imo: Metro -> Tram -> Train -> Bus providing price and frequency was similar.
Storx
11 Jun 2020, 4:55 pm #848

(11 Jun 2020, 12:58 pm)cbma06 There’s a Lot of hairs being split , I think the x9 will get to Newcastle quicker from Peterlee than traveling down to Horden then to Newcastle, hope you don’t get off at Horden Station and go past local folk and saying that your in Peterlee, Peterlee boundry ends  before the crossroads, originally it was going to be 1 train each way then the next time I heard it was going to be hourly, the GCT won’t be stopping there, does anyone know what the freq going to be?

There's one thing here for a commuter, in particular, your missing and that is if the train says it takes 35 minutes, it'll take 35 minutes. Apart from the Metro joining at Sunderland, there's nothing stopping the train so it's more reliable.

The bus on the otherhand might say 45 minutes but at rush hour, all you need is a crash on the A19, traffic at Testo's, traffic in Gateshead or traffic at Heworth and that's quickly going up and it's unreliable in that sense and people going to work can't be dealing with that regularly.

The worst train imo (excluding a Pacer) is also nicer than the best bus (that could be subjective tho) and there's also the option of cycling, if your into that, which could be handy if you don't actually work in the centre of Newcastle and work say down at Newcastle Business Park on Scotswood Road etc.

Any reasonable commuter would choose their transport in the following order imo: Metro -> Tram -> Train -> Bus providing price and frequency was similar.

11 Jun 2020, 6:50 pm #849
Slight Alteration to 25:
From Langley Park as now then Chester-Le-Street - Barley Mow - Portobello - Wrekenton - Harlow Green - Easedale Gardens or Kells Lane - Q.E Hospital - Gateshead - Newcastle

New Service 16B from Stanley to Durham via Beamish (Same as old 720)
Edited 11 Jun 2020, 6:51 pm by ASX_Terranova.

ASX_Terranova
11 Jun 2020, 6:50 pm #849

Slight Alteration to 25:
From Langley Park as now then Chester-Le-Street - Barley Mow - Portobello - Wrekenton - Harlow Green - Easedale Gardens or Kells Lane - Q.E Hospital - Gateshead - Newcastle

New Service 16B from Stanley to Durham via Beamish (Same as old 720)

beefcake

11 Jun 2020, 7:01 pm #850
(11 Jun 2020, 4:55 pm)Storx The worst train imo (excluding a Pacer) is also nicer than the best bus 

Personally I would disagree with that. I spent 7 months commuting from Hartlepool to Doxford before passing my driving test and honestly, if there was a bus that could have got me to work for 7.45am and home after 8pm then I wouldn't have given the train a second glance. The price difference was significant, as I could use an apprentice pass on the bus, which covered me for my days off work too and not just between Hartlepool and Sunderland, had WiFi and chargers available, fewer connections and overall journey times were very similar.
beefcake
11 Jun 2020, 7:01 pm #850

(11 Jun 2020, 4:55 pm)Storx The worst train imo (excluding a Pacer) is also nicer than the best bus 

Personally I would disagree with that. I spent 7 months commuting from Hartlepool to Doxford before passing my driving test and honestly, if there was a bus that could have got me to work for 7.45am and home after 8pm then I wouldn't have given the train a second glance. The price difference was significant, as I could use an apprentice pass on the bus, which covered me for my days off work too and not just between Hartlepool and Sunderland, had WiFi and chargers available, fewer connections and overall journey times were very similar.

Storx

11 Jun 2020, 9:48 pm #851
(11 Jun 2020, 7:01 pm)beefcake Personally I would disagree with that. I spent 7 months commuting from Hartlepool to Doxford before passing my driving test and honestly, if there was a bus that could have got me to work for 7.45am and home after 8pm then I wouldn't have given the train a second glance. The price difference was significant, as I could use an apprentice pass on the bus, which covered me for my days off work too and not just between Hartlepool and Sunderland, had WiFi and chargers available, fewer connections and overall journey times were very similar.

I did say it would be subjective Tongue

That sounds a horrid commute though almost doing a V shape and no doubt cost a fortune since you can't get any form of train / bus combo down there surprised there's not an easier way tbh.
Storx
11 Jun 2020, 9:48 pm #851

(11 Jun 2020, 7:01 pm)beefcake Personally I would disagree with that. I spent 7 months commuting from Hartlepool to Doxford before passing my driving test and honestly, if there was a bus that could have got me to work for 7.45am and home after 8pm then I wouldn't have given the train a second glance. The price difference was significant, as I could use an apprentice pass on the bus, which covered me for my days off work too and not just between Hartlepool and Sunderland, had WiFi and chargers available, fewer connections and overall journey times were very similar.

I did say it would be subjective Tongue

That sounds a horrid commute though almost doing a V shape and no doubt cost a fortune since you can't get any form of train / bus combo down there surprised there's not an easier way tbh.

11 Jun 2020, 10:04 pm #852
I am very familiar with the Hartlepool to Sunderland journey inc the return leg. During the train strike, it was a mare getting back to Hartlepool on a Sat evening . No direct bus; small change over time at Peterlee ( if 22 left Sund late, connecting with the 24 was a lottery). Even a crappy pacer train was a glorious sight , once the strikes were over, plus trains have toilets.
Economic505
11 Jun 2020, 10:04 pm #852

I am very familiar with the Hartlepool to Sunderland journey inc the return leg. During the train strike, it was a mare getting back to Hartlepool on a Sat evening . No direct bus; small change over time at Peterlee ( if 22 left Sund late, connecting with the 24 was a lottery). Even a crappy pacer train was a glorious sight , once the strikes were over, plus trains have toilets.

beefcake

12 Jun 2020, 9:32 pm #853
(11 Jun 2020, 9:48 pm)Storx I did say it would be subjective Tongue

It was a horrendous commute, especially in the winter months when it was cold and dark and having to leave the house at 20 past 6 to make it in for 7.50 if I was lucky. Add in to the fact it was a Hartlepool megarider, a train season ticket and a ticket for travel around Sunderland it was costing around £200 a month just for travel. I'm aware that driving costs more initially but the convenience factor and the fact my journey now only takes 30 minutes more than makes up for it.

*mods please feel free to move to a more appropriate thread if necessary
beefcake
12 Jun 2020, 9:32 pm #853

(11 Jun 2020, 9:48 pm)Storx I did say it would be subjective Tongue

It was a horrendous commute, especially in the winter months when it was cold and dark and having to leave the house at 20 past 6 to make it in for 7.50 if I was lucky. Add in to the fact it was a Hartlepool megarider, a train season ticket and a ticket for travel around Sunderland it was costing around £200 a month just for travel. I'm aware that driving costs more initially but the convenience factor and the fact my journey now only takes 30 minutes more than makes up for it.

Andreos1

12 Jun 2020, 10:02 pm #854
(12 Jun 2020, 9:32 pm)beefcake It was a horrendous commute, especially in the winter months when it was cold and dark and having to leave the house at 20 past 6 to make it in for 7.50 if I was lucky. Add in to the fact it was a Hartlepool megarider, a train season ticket and a ticket for travel around Sunderland it was costing around £200 a month just for travel. I'm aware that driving costs more initially but the convenience factor and the fact my journey now only takes 30 minutes more than makes up for it.

I know the A19 and know what a ba$tard of a road it is. 30mins on there, for that journey seems like some sort of fantasy dream. You got a car that goes on some sort of magical stilts? I want one!

Seriously though, that monthly outlay is crazy. It's not the sort of sum that will attract or keep people on public transport

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
12 Jun 2020, 10:02 pm #854

(12 Jun 2020, 9:32 pm)beefcake It was a horrendous commute, especially in the winter months when it was cold and dark and having to leave the house at 20 past 6 to make it in for 7.50 if I was lucky. Add in to the fact it was a Hartlepool megarider, a train season ticket and a ticket for travel around Sunderland it was costing around £200 a month just for travel. I'm aware that driving costs more initially but the convenience factor and the fact my journey now only takes 30 minutes more than makes up for it.

I know the A19 and know what a ba$tard of a road it is. 30mins on there, for that journey seems like some sort of fantasy dream. You got a car that goes on some sort of magical stilts? I want one!

Seriously though, that monthly outlay is crazy. It's not the sort of sum that will attract or keep people on public transport

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

beefcake

13 Jun 2020, 8:01 am #855
It's only 30 minutes at the moment due to the traffic conditions being lighter than usual. On a normal morning it can take upto 45 minutes, but on the way back home 30 minutes is about average.
beefcake
13 Jun 2020, 8:01 am #855

It's only 30 minutes at the moment due to the traffic conditions being lighter than usual. On a normal morning it can take upto 45 minutes, but on the way back home 30 minutes is about average.

13 Jun 2020, 9:50 am #856
How about sorting out the South Tyneside services to restore the lost connections Nexus are currently forking out for?

9: Reduced to once an hour
9A: New Service replacing the 26. 9 as usual from Sunderland to Jarrow then continuing on 26 route to South Shields. Once an hour.
88: South Shields to Luke’s Lane. Once an hour.

All half hourly services on all corridors and restoring lost links to the Hospital and South Shields from parts of Hebburn. Plus can all be ran from Deptford in a big circle of inter working, bit like Arriva’s East Durham 22/23/24.
deanmachine
13 Jun 2020, 9:50 am #856

How about sorting out the South Tyneside services to restore the lost connections Nexus are currently forking out for?

9A: New Service replacing the 26. 9 as usual from Sunderland to Jarrow then continuing on 26 route to South Shields. Once an hour.

All half hourly services on all corridors and restoring lost links to the Hospital and South Shields from parts of Hebburn. Plus can all be ran from Deptford in a big circle of inter working, bit like Arriva’s East Durham 22/23/24.

13 Jun 2020, 10:56 am #857
(13 Jun 2020, 9:50 am)deanmachine How about sorting out the South Tyneside services to restore the lost connections Nexus are currently forking out for?

Would it not be even simpler to extend the 5 from Jarrow to Lukes Lane instead of the 9. Could run the 26 on the back of the 9 from Jarrow instead of going to Lukes Lane.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
13 Jun 2020, 10:56 am #857

(13 Jun 2020, 9:50 am)deanmachine How about sorting out the South Tyneside services to restore the lost connections Nexus are currently forking out for?

Would it not be even simpler to extend the 5 from Jarrow to Lukes Lane instead of the 9. Could run the 26 on the back of the 9 from Jarrow instead of going to Lukes Lane.

13 Jun 2020, 11:27 am #858
(13 Jun 2020, 10:56 am)6049 Would it not be even simpler to extend the 5 from Jarrow to Lukes Lane instead of the 9. Could run the 26 on the back of the 9 from Jarrow instead of going to Lukes Lane.

The only thing with that is the 5 drops to hourly on evenings and Sundays, whereas the other 2 services are half hourly 7 days a week.
deanmachine
13 Jun 2020, 11:27 am #858

(13 Jun 2020, 10:56 am)6049 Would it not be even simpler to extend the 5 from Jarrow to Lukes Lane instead of the 9. Could run the 26 on the back of the 9 from Jarrow instead of going to Lukes Lane.

The only thing with that is the 5 drops to hourly on evenings and Sundays, whereas the other 2 services are half hourly 7 days a week.

13 Jun 2020, 11:39 am #859
(13 Jun 2020, 11:27 am)deanmachine The only thing with that is the 5 drops to hourly on evenings and Sundays, whereas the other 2 services are half hourly 7 days a week.
Potentially do the same as the 5 used to do on the North Shields run. Run 3 buses instead of 2, keep an hourly service on the existing 5 and do a short run back to Jarrow from Lukes Lane.

Shields - Jarrow - Lukes Lane
Lukes Lane - Jarrow
Jarrow - Lukes Lane
Lukes Lane - Jarrow - Shields

13 Jun 2020, 11:39 am #859

(13 Jun 2020, 11:27 am)deanmachine The only thing with that is the 5 drops to hourly on evenings and Sundays, whereas the other 2 services are half hourly 7 days a week.
Potentially do the same as the 5 used to do on the North Shields run. Run 3 buses instead of 2, keep an hourly service on the existing 5 and do a short run back to Jarrow from Lukes Lane.

Shields - Jarrow - Lukes Lane
Lukes Lane - Jarrow
Jarrow - Lukes Lane
Lukes Lane - Jarrow - Shields

S830OFT

22 Jun 2020, 8:24 pm #860
South Tyneside suggestions:

5: This service will be extended to Lukes Lane from Jarrow operating to the current timetable frequency. This service will be interworking with service 9 at Lukes Lane, combining together to offer a bus between Hebburn, Jarrow and Boldon up to every 15 minutes.

9: This service will be reduced to every 30 minutes, however during busy periods of the day an additional journey may be slotted in between Sunderland and Jarrow.

26: This service will be reduced to every 30 minutes, and will only operate between South Shields and Jarrow. This service will be interworking with service 50 using Euro 6 Scania Omnicitys, as a result will no longer be part of the Crusader brand.

Evening and Sunday journeys on this service will interwork with service 20.

27: This service will be increased to every 15 minutes. Between Heworth and Gateshead service 35 will run alongside to continue the 6 buses an hour during the day.

35: Monday to Saturday Daytime journeys will be revised to extend to Heworth and Gateshead via Sunderland Road in order to offer additional buses with service 26/27 being reduced in frequency. This service will no longer operate beyond Sunderland, with the Low Moorsley section transferred to a new service.

35A: This service will continue as normal, although will only operate between Sunderland and Heworth. The southern section of the route will be replaced by a new 75/75A service.

75/75A: These services will replace the southern section of the 35/35A operating to the current frequency and routes.

S830OFT
22 Jun 2020, 8:24 pm #860

South Tyneside suggestions:

5: This service will be extended to Lukes Lane from Jarrow operating to the current timetable frequency. This service will be interworking with service 9 at Lukes Lane, combining together to offer a bus between Hebburn, Jarrow and Boldon up to every 15 minutes.

9: This service will be reduced to every 30 minutes, however during busy periods of the day an additional journey may be slotted in between Sunderland and Jarrow.

26: This service will be reduced to every 30 minutes, and will only operate between South Shields and Jarrow. This service will be interworking with service 50 using Euro 6 Scania Omnicitys, as a result will no longer be part of the Crusader brand.

Evening and Sunday journeys on this service will interwork with service 20.

27: This service will be increased to every 15 minutes. Between Heworth and Gateshead service 35 will run alongside to continue the 6 buses an hour during the day.

35: Monday to Saturday Daytime journeys will be revised to extend to Heworth and Gateshead via Sunderland Road in order to offer additional buses with service 26/27 being reduced in frequency. This service will no longer operate beyond Sunderland, with the Low Moorsley section transferred to a new service.

35A: This service will continue as normal, although will only operate between Sunderland and Heworth. The southern section of the route will be replaced by a new 75/75A service.

75/75A: These services will replace the southern section of the 35/35A operating to the current frequency and routes.

Pages (150) Previous 142 43 44150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average