Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 185 86 87150 Next
BusLoverMum

03 Oct 2021, 10:03 pm #1,701
(03 Oct 2021, 7:40 pm)Andreos1 The one that jumps out to me is something from the Lanchester/Consett direction. Csnt see why an X5/X15 couldn't head down that way. 

I would also say that it would make a bit of sense to send one of the Stanley services in to the Arnison.
North/South is covered more than enough. Not sure the West or North West is.
Yes, I suppose it would work if something turned off through Witton Gilbert and/or sacriston. Not sure it would be able to use Potter House Lane, though so would probably have to head into fram and go round that way, so would end up on the same corridor as everything else. Meantime, those passengers can change at the hospital, anyhow, so don't gain a huge amount, other than not having to lug bags across the road. Alternatively, they can meet the x20 at some point.

One of the limiting factors for the arnison centre is that there's not that many ways in. Another is the choice between the bus stop next to Sainsburys and the bottleneck there or the ones by lidl that the 50 uses which are less convenient but less susceptible to delays.
BusLoverMum
03 Oct 2021, 10:03 pm #1,701

(03 Oct 2021, 7:40 pm)Andreos1 The one that jumps out to me is something from the Lanchester/Consett direction. Csnt see why an X5/X15 couldn't head down that way. 

I would also say that it would make a bit of sense to send one of the Stanley services in to the Arnison.
North/South is covered more than enough. Not sure the West or North West is.
Yes, I suppose it would work if something turned off through Witton Gilbert and/or sacriston. Not sure it would be able to use Potter House Lane, though so would probably have to head into fram and go round that way, so would end up on the same corridor as everything else. Meantime, those passengers can change at the hospital, anyhow, so don't gain a huge amount, other than not having to lug bags across the road. Alternatively, they can meet the x20 at some point.

One of the limiting factors for the arnison centre is that there's not that many ways in. Another is the choice between the bus stop next to Sainsburys and the bottleneck there or the ones by lidl that the 50 uses which are less convenient but less susceptible to delays.

Keeiajs

03 Oct 2021, 10:11 pm #1,702
(03 Oct 2021, 10:03 pm)BusLoverMum Yes, I suppose it would work if something turned off through Witton Gilbert and/or sacriston. Not sure it would be able to use Potter House Lane, though so would probably have to head into fram and go round that way, so would end up on the same corridor as everything else. Meantime, those passengers can change at the hospital, anyhow, so don't gain a huge amount, other than not having to lug bags across the road. Alternatively, they can meet the x20 at some point.

Its because of where they put that stupid McDonalds, But also it is 1 way. It is good for a terminus. However passing through going to Durham/Sunderland you need to go over to Lidl which is a pain.
Keeiajs
03 Oct 2021, 10:11 pm #1,702

(03 Oct 2021, 10:03 pm)BusLoverMum Yes, I suppose it would work if something turned off through Witton Gilbert and/or sacriston. Not sure it would be able to use Potter House Lane, though so would probably have to head into fram and go round that way, so would end up on the same corridor as everything else. Meantime, those passengers can change at the hospital, anyhow, so don't gain a huge amount, other than not having to lug bags across the road. Alternatively, they can meet the x20 at some point.

Its because of where they put that stupid McDonalds, But also it is 1 way. It is good for a terminus. However passing through going to Durham/Sunderland you need to go over to Lidl which is a pain.

BusLoverMum

03 Oct 2021, 10:14 pm #1,703
Just to add that, compared to any other retail park in the region, the arnison centre is very well served. It has a bus heading somewhere, every few minutes.

(03 Oct 2021, 10:11 pm)Keeiajs Its because of where they put that stupid McDonalds, But also it is 1 way. It is good for a terminus. However passing through going to Durham/Sunderland you need to go over to Lidl which is a pain.
Haha. The boy racers couldn't get into macdonalds for the fuel queues, this week!
Edited 03 Oct 2021, 10:15 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
03 Oct 2021, 10:14 pm #1,703

Just to add that, compared to any other retail park in the region, the arnison centre is very well served. It has a bus heading somewhere, every few minutes.

(03 Oct 2021, 10:11 pm)Keeiajs Its because of where they put that stupid McDonalds, But also it is 1 way. It is good for a terminus. However passing through going to Durham/Sunderland you need to go over to Lidl which is a pain.
Haha. The boy racers couldn't get into macdonalds for the fuel queues, this week!

Jimmi

03 Oct 2021, 10:29 pm #1,704
The only thing diversions into the likes of the Arnison Centre is increased journey times, passengers in Langley Park weren't best pleased that the more direct 13 service was replaced with the X20 (old 14) due to the increased journey time (but, but, Xlines... Better Than Ever?!).

I do think there is some potential for some more links to places like the Arnison Centre but some sadly do come at the cost of increased journey times although retail parks have been badly served for a long while especially in the North East, Team Valley retail Park is a bit of a walk away but Teesside Park has been the worst for years for poor accessibility by public transport where until the last few years aside from a half hourly bus from Stockton during the daytimes the nearest stopping service was the 36/37/38 with around 10 mins walk along a rather grim looking road next to the railway line.

As well as retail parks I think more services could be diverted into or at least near places of employment and education, I mean think even some X20 trips could be sent via Doxford International as from the Durham direction passengers are expected to get off on the main road with a bit of a walk to the site or change at Houghton to a 55 (assuming connection times even work well enough), Stagecoach diverting their X24 (as X24A) via Doxford hasn't done them any harm, if anything it's helped them as have actually seen people boarding the afternoon one there when I've been doing some spotting/observing there before.

Think there's still some more potential for some cross city links in Durham although more so with Arriva now than GNE such as sending either the 6 or 7 to the Arnison Centre.
Jimmi
03 Oct 2021, 10:29 pm #1,704

The only thing diversions into the likes of the Arnison Centre is increased journey times, passengers in Langley Park weren't best pleased that the more direct 13 service was replaced with the X20 (old 14) due to the increased journey time (but, but, Xlines... Better Than Ever?!).

I do think there is some potential for some more links to places like the Arnison Centre but some sadly do come at the cost of increased journey times although retail parks have been badly served for a long while especially in the North East, Team Valley retail Park is a bit of a walk away but Teesside Park has been the worst for years for poor accessibility by public transport where until the last few years aside from a half hourly bus from Stockton during the daytimes the nearest stopping service was the 36/37/38 with around 10 mins walk along a rather grim looking road next to the railway line.

As well as retail parks I think more services could be diverted into or at least near places of employment and education, I mean think even some X20 trips could be sent via Doxford International as from the Durham direction passengers are expected to get off on the main road with a bit of a walk to the site or change at Houghton to a 55 (assuming connection times even work well enough), Stagecoach diverting their X24 (as X24A) via Doxford hasn't done them any harm, if anything it's helped them as have actually seen people boarding the afternoon one there when I've been doing some spotting/observing there before.

Think there's still some more potential for some cross city links in Durham although more so with Arriva now than GNE such as sending either the 6 or 7 to the Arnison Centre.

Keeiajs

03 Oct 2021, 10:37 pm #1,705
(03 Oct 2021, 10:29 pm)Jimmi The only thing diversions into the likes of the Arnison Centre is increased journey times, passengers in Langley Park weren't best pleased that the more direct 13 service was replaced with the X20 (old 14) due to the increased journey time (but, but, Xlines... Better Than Ever?!).

Tyneside Retail Park could benifit from a link to Hexham. But I also think Team Valley has been left for Death for about a decade really., that needs loads of regeneration.
Keeiajs
03 Oct 2021, 10:37 pm #1,705

(03 Oct 2021, 10:29 pm)Jimmi The only thing diversions into the likes of the Arnison Centre is increased journey times, passengers in Langley Park weren't best pleased that the more direct 13 service was replaced with the X20 (old 14) due to the increased journey time (but, but, Xlines... Better Than Ever?!).

Tyneside Retail Park could benifit from a link to Hexham. But I also think Team Valley has been left for Death for about a decade really., that needs loads of regeneration.

Andreos1

04 Oct 2021, 12:21 am #1,706

I've often wondered if a stop on Rotary Way behind McDonald's/Subway would be an option. It certainly opens up access to the top end of the retail park for those using public transport.
As for the actual bus stops beside Sainsburys - genuinely don't know why they're one-way. Particularly when the roads either side of the stops aren't. 

My first thought for an X5 and/or X15 diversion was via Witton Gilbert and Sacriston, down to the Red Lion and in that way. Operate it with a clock face interval with the X20 and I think they're on to something.
Might only be needed at certain times of the dsy/week (taking in to account the college), but if it goes straight in and out, I see no reason why it can't pick up its normal route from the P&R, by heading out of the Arnson Centre via the single carriageway portion of the A167.
Ditto the 16 to/from Stanley (taking in to account school and college requirements).

If those two options are there, it may mitigate the need to duplicate loads of other stuff in the area.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
04 Oct 2021, 12:21 am #1,706

I've often wondered if a stop on Rotary Way behind McDonald's/Subway would be an option. It certainly opens up access to the top end of the retail park for those using public transport.
As for the actual bus stops beside Sainsburys - genuinely don't know why they're one-way. Particularly when the roads either side of the stops aren't. 

My first thought for an X5 and/or X15 diversion was via Witton Gilbert and Sacriston, down to the Red Lion and in that way. Operate it with a clock face interval with the X20 and I think they're on to something.
Might only be needed at certain times of the dsy/week (taking in to account the college), but if it goes straight in and out, I see no reason why it can't pick up its normal route from the P&R, by heading out of the Arnson Centre via the single carriageway portion of the A167.
Ditto the 16 to/from Stanley (taking in to account school and college requirements).

If those two options are there, it may mitigate the need to duplicate loads of other stuff in the area.

Rob44

04 Oct 2021, 10:37 am #1,707
Blimey... some people have changed there tune on here. I mentioned a while back that GNE should stop at gateshead an people could get off and use the metro ( as it was intended be de reg and the grief i got. Now people are suggesting the customers in Birtly Kibblesworth etc alight at team valley at 1030 on a dark wet windy evening and wait for a bus to take them to tow rather than sit on a bus that takes them direct??!!
Rob44
04 Oct 2021, 10:37 am #1,707

Blimey... some people have changed there tune on here. I mentioned a while back that GNE should stop at gateshead an people could get off and use the metro ( as it was intended be de reg and the grief i got. Now people are suggesting the customers in Birtly Kibblesworth etc alight at team valley at 1030 on a dark wet windy evening and wait for a bus to take them to tow rather than sit on a bus that takes them direct??!!

Andreos1

04 Oct 2021, 11:05 am #1,708
(04 Oct 2021, 10:37 am)Rob44 Blimey... some people have changed there tune on here. I mentioned a while back that GNE should stop at gateshead an people could get off and use the metro ( as it was intended be de reg and the grief i got. Now people are suggesting the customers in Birtly Kibblesworth etc alight at team valley at 1030 on a dark wet windy evening and wait for a bus to take them to tow rather than sit on a bus that takes them direct??!!

I've always been of the opinion that there doesn't need to be a chain of buses following each other in and out of the town. 

With a new, improved, fancy bus station (or rail network if storx gets his way), TVTE has an all signing/all dancing hub. It works for those working on the valley and works just as well at 10.30 at night too. Much better than a random stop on Durham Road (one of the options they encourage currently!)

Andreos1
04 Oct 2021, 11:05 am #1,708

(04 Oct 2021, 10:37 am)Rob44 Blimey... some people have changed there tune on here. I mentioned a while back that GNE should stop at gateshead an people could get off and use the metro ( as it was intended be de reg and the grief i got. Now people are suggesting the customers in Birtly Kibblesworth etc alight at team valley at 1030 on a dark wet windy evening and wait for a bus to take them to tow rather than sit on a bus that takes them direct??!!

I've always been of the opinion that there doesn't need to be a chain of buses following each other in and out of the town. 

With a new, improved, fancy bus station (or rail network if storx gets his way), TVTE has an all signing/all dancing hub. It works for those working on the valley and works just as well at 10.30 at night too. Much better than a random stop on Durham Road (one of the options they encourage currently!)

Rob44

04 Oct 2021, 11:50 am #1,709
(04 Oct 2021, 11:05 am)Andreos1 I've always been of the opinion that there doesn't need to be a chain of buses following each other in and out of the town. 

to be fair this wasn't aimed at you. I tend to agree with 99% of what you post!  But you could say Gateshead is a hub but how many buses turn around there and return to kibblesworth, birtly QE hospital, wreckenton? Not many I tell you.  I may have made this up but I'm sure when the Metro first started in the 80's the buses that did continue to Newcastle only dropped off at Gateshead metro - if you were in Gateshead and wanted to get to Newcastle the Metro ( and maybe the cross tyne service 1 ) were the only choices. Now it seems like GNE rival the metro by charging slightly less to get to Newcastle as do arriva from haymarket to regent centre.

If you are comparing team valley to a bus stop on Durham road personally i choose durham road due to the pubs i could pop into. I don't fancy sitting in McDonalds or costa then having to leg it to the bus stop for my connection. I rather be in a pub having a pint and just have to cross the road to the bus stop. Obviously talking about team valley as it sis now. If they spent ALOT of $$$ on it this may be different)
Rob44
04 Oct 2021, 11:50 am #1,709

(04 Oct 2021, 11:05 am)Andreos1 I've always been of the opinion that there doesn't need to be a chain of buses following each other in and out of the town. 

to be fair this wasn't aimed at you. I tend to agree with 99% of what you post!  But you could say Gateshead is a hub but how many buses turn around there and return to kibblesworth, birtly QE hospital, wreckenton? Not many I tell you.  I may have made this up but I'm sure when the Metro first started in the 80's the buses that did continue to Newcastle only dropped off at Gateshead metro - if you were in Gateshead and wanted to get to Newcastle the Metro ( and maybe the cross tyne service 1 ) were the only choices. Now it seems like GNE rival the metro by charging slightly less to get to Newcastle as do arriva from haymarket to regent centre.

If you are comparing team valley to a bus stop on Durham road personally i choose durham road due to the pubs i could pop into. I don't fancy sitting in McDonalds or costa then having to leg it to the bus stop for my connection. I rather be in a pub having a pint and just have to cross the road to the bus stop. Obviously talking about team valley as it sis now. If they spent ALOT of $$$ on it this may be different)

Andreos1

04 Oct 2021, 3:11 pm #1,710
(04 Oct 2021, 11:50 am)Rob44 to be fair this wasn't aimed at you. I tend to agree with 99% of what you post!  But you could say Gateshead is a hub but how many buses turn around there and return to kibblesworth, birtly QE hospital, wreckenton? Not many I tell you.  I may have made this up but I'm sure when the Metro first started in the 80's the buses that did continue to Newcastle only dropped off at Gateshead metro - if you were in Gateshead and wanted to get to Newcastle the Metro ( and maybe the cross tyne service 1 ) were the only choices. Now it seems like GNE rival the metro by charging slightly less to get to Newcastle as do arriva from haymarket to regent centre.

We are thinking big. We are thinking creatively and we realise bus lanes, filled with buses going to/from the city centres and town centres aren't the future. 
We are thinking about how we could get even just a small percentage of the thousands of people using the western bypass out of their cars and on to the bus - without sending them on a tour of Gateshead just to get to work and then the same after work.

Highways England have some interesting comments about the economy in this https://highwaysengland.co.uk/our-work/y.../#overview
And also this https://highwaysengland.co.uk/our-work/y.../#overview

Yet transport operators don't seem to be on the same page. They have an apparent obsession with hub & spoke in to and out of the traditional centres, but mainly ignore what could be described as the 'modern centres'. 

If I'm an operator and I'm looking to grow my market, I'm going to look at traffic flows and do whatever I can to ensure my vehicles are following those flows and getting people on to my vehicles. 
I'm not going to ignore those flows and I'm not going to send my buses in different directions, away from those flows.

I'm going to push for transport hubs and partner with other private companies to set up resources and sites within those hubs so that there's stuff going on. I'm going to position those hubs in key places and integrate different modes of transport in to that hub. They're going to be pleasant environments too. 
I'm thinking big. I'm thinking beyond plugs, WiFi, tables and a copy & paste livery. I'm building a network fit for 2021 and beyond!

And anyway, it should be 100%. Not 99% Wink

Andreos1
04 Oct 2021, 3:11 pm #1,710

(04 Oct 2021, 11:50 am)Rob44 to be fair this wasn't aimed at you. I tend to agree with 99% of what you post!  But you could say Gateshead is a hub but how many buses turn around there and return to kibblesworth, birtly QE hospital, wreckenton? Not many I tell you.  I may have made this up but I'm sure when the Metro first started in the 80's the buses that did continue to Newcastle only dropped off at Gateshead metro - if you were in Gateshead and wanted to get to Newcastle the Metro ( and maybe the cross tyne service 1 ) were the only choices. Now it seems like GNE rival the metro by charging slightly less to get to Newcastle as do arriva from haymarket to regent centre.

We are thinking big. We are thinking creatively and we realise bus lanes, filled with buses going to/from the city centres and town centres aren't the future. 
We are thinking about how we could get even just a small percentage of the thousands of people using the western bypass out of their cars and on to the bus - without sending them on a tour of Gateshead just to get to work and then the same after work.

Highways England have some interesting comments about the economy in this https://highwaysengland.co.uk/our-work/y.../#overview
And also this https://highwaysengland.co.uk/our-work/y.../#overview

Yet transport operators don't seem to be on the same page. They have an apparent obsession with hub & spoke in to and out of the traditional centres, but mainly ignore what could be described as the 'modern centres'. 

If I'm an operator and I'm looking to grow my market, I'm going to look at traffic flows and do whatever I can to ensure my vehicles are following those flows and getting people on to my vehicles. 
I'm not going to ignore those flows and I'm not going to send my buses in different directions, away from those flows.

I'm going to push for transport hubs and partner with other private companies to set up resources and sites within those hubs so that there's stuff going on. I'm going to position those hubs in key places and integrate different modes of transport in to that hub. They're going to be pleasant environments too. 
I'm thinking big. I'm thinking beyond plugs, WiFi, tables and a copy & paste livery. I'm building a network fit for 2021 and beyond!

And anyway, it should be 100%. Not 99% Wink

Rob44

04 Oct 2021, 3:26 pm #1,711
you might be thinking big but shame bus operator be they based in Gateshead, somewhere in Scotland or have there headquarter in Germany arnt.! I'm not against anything new to try to temp people back to using public transport but as a person who drives a 10 minute journey to work you couldn't get me on a bus now due to not having a direct service and cause i finish after 6 pm and its a Carp service on an evening.. WIFI, Newley painted buses, tables etc don't do anything for me but neither would a bus going to team valley and have to change to a train, bus, metro or electric scooter. - even if the was a spit and sawdust pub, a bookies, and a gentleman's club in the hub!
Rob44
04 Oct 2021, 3:26 pm #1,711

you might be thinking big but shame bus operator be they based in Gateshead, somewhere in Scotland or have there headquarter in Germany arnt.! I'm not against anything new to try to temp people back to using public transport but as a person who drives a 10 minute journey to work you couldn't get me on a bus now due to not having a direct service and cause i finish after 6 pm and its a Carp service on an evening.. WIFI, Newley painted buses, tables etc don't do anything for me but neither would a bus going to team valley and have to change to a train, bus, metro or electric scooter. - even if the was a spit and sawdust pub, a bookies, and a gentleman's club in the hub!

Andreos1

04 Oct 2021, 3:59 pm #1,712
(04 Oct 2021, 3:26 pm)Rob44 you might be thinking big but shame bus operator be they based in Gateshead, somewhere in Scotland or have there headquarter in Germany arnt.! I'm not against anything new to try to temp people back to using public transport  but as a person who drives a 10 minute journey to work you couldn't get me on a bus now due to not having a direct service and cause i finish after 6 pm and its a Carp service on an evening.. WIFI, Newley painted buses, tables etc don't do anything for me but neither would a bus going to team valley and have to change to a train, bus, metro or electric scooter. - even if the was a spit and sawdust pub, a bookies, and a gentleman's club in the hub!

Not even if there's a Sam Smiths pub? 
Anyway, I'm also going to invest in a collection of river boats that serve key locations (and maybe even a hub or two) along the Tyne.
As far west as Blaydon and as far east as the Shields ferry terminals.

Not sure the Wear lends itself to the river boats unfortunately.

Who needs bus lanes eh? A network that is fit for 2021 certainly doesn't.

Andreos1
04 Oct 2021, 3:59 pm #1,712

(04 Oct 2021, 3:26 pm)Rob44 you might be thinking big but shame bus operator be they based in Gateshead, somewhere in Scotland or have there headquarter in Germany arnt.! I'm not against anything new to try to temp people back to using public transport  but as a person who drives a 10 minute journey to work you couldn't get me on a bus now due to not having a direct service and cause i finish after 6 pm and its a Carp service on an evening.. WIFI, Newley painted buses, tables etc don't do anything for me but neither would a bus going to team valley and have to change to a train, bus, metro or electric scooter. - even if the was a spit and sawdust pub, a bookies, and a gentleman's club in the hub!

Not even if there's a Sam Smiths pub? 
Anyway, I'm also going to invest in a collection of river boats that serve key locations (and maybe even a hub or two) along the Tyne.
As far west as Blaydon and as far east as the Shields ferry terminals.

Not sure the Wear lends itself to the river boats unfortunately.

Who needs bus lanes eh? A network that is fit for 2021 certainly doesn't.

Storx

04 Oct 2021, 4:10 pm #1,713

I get what your saying about Gateshead and it is true what your saying but imo Gateshead is too far into Tyneside to be worthwhile as a change point so there's no point stopping buses there as it's an inconvenience for passengers and the bus has done the worst bit already pollution wise etc.

The transport hubs need to be further out like Heworth, Four Lane Ends, Chichester and the Regent Centre for it to be worthwhile, but the Regent Centre needs a good refurb to make it good enough as it's a grim place to wait atm.

The first 3 work quite well as there's a few people going to town who change at each of them. It's more of a failure of a mass transit system heading to the West End and SE Gateshead which is the problem (I know I'm bringing trains in again). There's too many buses along certain corridors going further afield. West Road, Durham Road, Sheriff Hill, Great North Road and Bensham Bank are all particularly bad for it which argubly shouldn't be all there.
Storx
04 Oct 2021, 4:10 pm #1,713

I get what your saying about Gateshead and it is true what your saying but imo Gateshead is too far into Tyneside to be worthwhile as a change point so there's no point stopping buses there as it's an inconvenience for passengers and the bus has done the worst bit already pollution wise etc.

The transport hubs need to be further out like Heworth, Four Lane Ends, Chichester and the Regent Centre for it to be worthwhile, but the Regent Centre needs a good refurb to make it good enough as it's a grim place to wait atm.

The first 3 work quite well as there's a few people going to town who change at each of them. It's more of a failure of a mass transit system heading to the West End and SE Gateshead which is the problem (I know I'm bringing trains in again). There's too many buses along certain corridors going further afield. West Road, Durham Road, Sheriff Hill, Great North Road and Bensham Bank are all particularly bad for it which argubly shouldn't be all there.

Keeiajs

04 Oct 2021, 4:58 pm #1,714

You could say that about Grangetown - Sunderland. CLS-Durham, Hetton-Houghton, Metro-Blaydon.
Keeiajs
04 Oct 2021, 4:58 pm #1,714

You could say that about Grangetown - Sunderland. CLS-Durham, Hetton-Houghton, Metro-Blaydon.

Keeiajs

05 Oct 2021, 2:59 pm #1,715
2/2A (washington). Stand J

39/39A (Pennywell) Stand P

2/2A (Silksworth) Stand H

39/39A (Doxford Park) Stand V

33 to Fawcett Street Stand E. 

33 to Silksworth Stand A.

It would add all of 3-4 mins per journey. And it is better for passengers. 

And the 38 can go into Stand E/A.
Keeiajs
05 Oct 2021, 2:59 pm #1,715

2/2A (washington). Stand J

cbma06

05 Oct 2021, 3:06 pm #1,716
(05 Oct 2021, 2:59 pm)Keeiajs 2/2A (washington). Stand J

That’s what the reasons for stagecoach pulling out of the interchange as it’s out of the way, adds 3 or 4 minutes per journey which would increase the pvr for each service, plus the charge costs for each bus that is scheduled to enter the interchange, Sunderland interchange is just a white elephant these days.

By the way does anyone know if older preserved buses get charged entering the nexus/council bus stations in the north east?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
05 Oct 2021, 3:06 pm #1,716

(05 Oct 2021, 2:59 pm)Keeiajs 2/2A (washington). Stand J

That’s what the reasons for stagecoach pulling out of the interchange as it’s out of the way, adds 3 or 4 minutes per journey which would increase the pvr for each service, plus the charge costs for each bus that is scheduled to enter the interchange, Sunderland interchange is just a white elephant these days.

By the way does anyone know if older preserved buses get charged entering the nexus/council bus stations in the north east?

Keeiajs

05 Oct 2021, 3:08 pm #1,717
(05 Oct 2021, 3:06 pm)cbma06 That’s what the reasons for stagecoach pulling out of the interchange as it’s out of the way, adds 3 or 4 minutes per journey which would increase the pvr for each service, plus the charge costs for each bus that is scheduled to enter the interchange, Sunderland interchange is just a white elephant these days.

I think it would just be easier for driver/passenger for every senario really.
Keeiajs
05 Oct 2021, 3:08 pm #1,717

(05 Oct 2021, 3:06 pm)cbma06 That’s what the reasons for stagecoach pulling out of the interchange as it’s out of the way, adds 3 or 4 minutes per journey which would increase the pvr for each service, plus the charge costs for each bus that is scheduled to enter the interchange, Sunderland interchange is just a white elephant these days.

I think it would just be easier for driver/passenger for every senario really.

cbma06

05 Oct 2021, 3:22 pm #1,718
(05 Oct 2021, 3:08 pm)Keeiajs I think it would just be easier for driver/passenger for every senario really.

It’s like saying why walk upto the bus station when passengers can board the same bus at holmside/vine place or Fawcett st/John st, except for passengers traveling South, should knock down from Holmside to Brougham road and have that area as the new bus station, the metro and rail station is just round the corner, labour council likes to knock buildings down and hopefully make the bus station out of something called bricks and not a wind tunnel

.jpg
IMG_1543.jpg
Size 2.68 MB / Downloads 17

cbma06
05 Oct 2021, 3:22 pm #1,718

(05 Oct 2021, 3:08 pm)Keeiajs I think it would just be easier for driver/passenger for every senario really.

It’s like saying why walk upto the bus station when passengers can board the same bus at holmside/vine place or Fawcett st/John st, except for passengers traveling South, should knock down from Holmside to Brougham road and have that area as the new bus station, the metro and rail station is just round the corner, labour council likes to knock buildings down and hopefully make the bus station out of something called bricks and not a wind tunnel

.jpg
IMG_1543.jpg
Size 2.68 MB / Downloads 17

Keeiajs

05 Oct 2021, 3:27 pm #1,719
(05 Oct 2021, 3:22 pm)cbma06 It’s like saying why walk upto the bus station when passengers can board the same bus at holmside/vine place or Fawcett st/John st, except for passengers traveling South, should knock down from Holmside to Brougham road and have that area as the new bus station, and have the bridges shopping complex extended to the side of bus station and the metro and rail station is just round the corner, labour council likes to knock buildings down and hopefully make the bus station out of something called bricks and not a wind tunnel

I would extend the bulding into CrowTreet RD, to connect TK Max and the Bridges fully to add maybe a food area at the bottom, could have a fishshop, move the greggs from parklane, McDonalds. Have the bottom bus stops as Pull in ones, and send the 60/X6/62/61/9 down their. 

The rest are side bay stops. But i think it would need to be a bit bigger than that as many GNE/SCNE go through Fawcett Street and not terminate therefore I think they would have to have more stands. Like the current one has 19 stands, new one needs atleast 40 imo. maybe more.
Keeiajs
05 Oct 2021, 3:27 pm #1,719

(05 Oct 2021, 3:22 pm)cbma06 It’s like saying why walk upto the bus station when passengers can board the same bus at holmside/vine place or Fawcett st/John st, except for passengers traveling South, should knock down from Holmside to Brougham road and have that area as the new bus station, and have the bridges shopping complex extended to the side of bus station and the metro and rail station is just round the corner, labour council likes to knock buildings down and hopefully make the bus station out of something called bricks and not a wind tunnel

I would extend the bulding into CrowTreet RD, to connect TK Max and the Bridges fully to add maybe a food area at the bottom, could have a fishshop, move the greggs from parklane, McDonalds. Have the bottom bus stops as Pull in ones, and send the 60/X6/62/61/9 down their. 

The rest are side bay stops. But i think it would need to be a bit bigger than that as many GNE/SCNE go through Fawcett Street and not terminate therefore I think they would have to have more stands. Like the current one has 19 stands, new one needs atleast 40 imo. maybe more.

cbma06

05 Oct 2021, 3:39 pm #1,720
(05 Oct 2021, 3:27 pm)Keeiajs I would extend the bulding into CrowTreet RD, to connect TK Max and the Bridges fully to add maybe a food area at the bottom, could have a fishshop, move the greggs from parklane, McDonalds. Have the bottom bus stops as Pull in ones, and send the 60/X6/62/61/9 down their. 

Could put Sunderland on the map as having the first double deck bus station

cbma06
05 Oct 2021, 3:39 pm #1,720

(05 Oct 2021, 3:27 pm)Keeiajs I would extend the bulding into CrowTreet RD, to connect TK Max and the Bridges fully to add maybe a food area at the bottom, could have a fishshop, move the greggs from parklane, McDonalds. Have the bottom bus stops as Pull in ones, and send the 60/X6/62/61/9 down their. 

Could put Sunderland on the map as having the first double deck bus station

Pages (150) Previous 185 86 87150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average