Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (147): Previous 120 21 22147 Next
16 Oct 2018, 8:22 pm #401
Why did N20 only run to Carrville? And how many passengers got on?
TyneWearTeesGNE
16 Oct 2018, 8:22 pm #401

Why did N20 only run to Carrville? And how many passengers got on?

pbjd

17 Oct 2018, 6:51 am #402
(16 Oct 2018, 8:22 pm)TyneWearTeesGNE Why did N20 only run to Carrville? And how many passengers got on?

Durham University subsidized it I believe.
pbjd
17 Oct 2018, 6:51 am #402

(16 Oct 2018, 8:22 pm)TyneWearTeesGNE Why did N20 only run to Carrville? And how many passengers got on?

Durham University subsidized it I believe.

Jamie M

Unregistered

19 Oct 2018, 2:32 pm #403
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
19 Oct 2018, 2:32 pm #403

V514DFT

23 Oct 2018, 8:32 pm #404
What about some sort of night bus services for the coaster and cobalt clipper

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
23 Oct 2018, 8:32 pm #404

What about some sort of night bus services for the coaster and cobalt clipper

Kind Regards
Tez

24 Oct 2018, 12:19 am #405
(23 Oct 2018, 8:32 pm)V514DFT What about some sort of night bus services for the coaster and cobalt clipper

I could actually see this working
Jordan2104
24 Oct 2018, 12:19 am #405

(23 Oct 2018, 8:32 pm)V514DFT What about some sort of night bus services for the coaster and cobalt clipper

I could actually see this working

V514DFT

24 Oct 2018, 10:39 am #406
(24 Oct 2018, 12:19 am)Jordan2104 I could actually see this working

I could also see an extention to the Metrocentre on the cobalt clipper working,every 30 mins on each service(15 minutes combined) up until about 6pm,only problem i see would be how to slot in the peak X39's

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
24 Oct 2018, 10:39 am #406

(24 Oct 2018, 12:19 am)Jordan2104 I could actually see this working

I could also see an extention to the Metrocentre on the cobalt clipper working,every 30 mins on each service(15 minutes combined) up until about 6pm,only problem i see would be how to slot in the peak X39's

Kind Regards
Tez

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Oct 2018, 10:52 am #407
(24 Oct 2018, 10:39 am)V514DFT I could also see an extention to the Metrocentre on the cobalt clipper working,every 30 mins on each service(15 minutes combined) up until about 6pm,only problem i see would be how to slot in the peak X39's

There is already a huge amount of buses from Newcastle City Centre to the Metrocentre - twelve per hour just between the Go North East Tyne Valley Ten and Red Kite group of services alone.

I don't think there's really much potential in any extra services going there, especially when online shopping etc is on the rise.

It's not particularly difficult to change from one bus to another on such a frequent corridor, even if anyone wanting to make use of this link would have to cross the road from Haymarket to Eldon Square.
Dan
24 Oct 2018, 10:52 am #407

(24 Oct 2018, 10:39 am)V514DFT I could also see an extention to the Metrocentre on the cobalt clipper working,every 30 mins on each service(15 minutes combined) up until about 6pm,only problem i see would be how to slot in the peak X39's

There is already a huge amount of buses from Newcastle City Centre to the Metrocentre - twelve per hour just between the Go North East Tyne Valley Ten and Red Kite group of services alone.

I don't think there's really much potential in any extra services going there, especially when online shopping etc is on the rise.

It's not particularly difficult to change from one bus to another on such a frequent corridor, even if anyone wanting to make use of this link would have to cross the road from Haymarket to Eldon Square.

V514DFT

24 Oct 2018, 1:07 pm #408
(24 Oct 2018, 10:52 am)Dan There is already a huge amount of buses from Newcastle City Centre to the Metrocentre - twelve per hour just between the Go North East Tyne Valley Ten and Red Kite group of services alone.

My arguement with that though is why should places like gateshead and stanley get to benefit from direct links to the metrocentre whilst north tyneside has 1,the blue arrow,yeah fair enough its ok if you have the money to buy a multiple zone tickect or have a pass,whilst other passengers have to suffer,tbh after the shambles of the 2016 north tyneside changes some places have become ridiculous to get to,Forest Hall,Killingworth etc lost the direct link to to coast completely,after arriva pulled service 53A we still had the 17,then 2016 came along and GNE pulled service 17,so now residents of those areas now have to swap on multiple buses,then theres the fairs on the 11,more expensive to travel a shorter distance between East Howdon and Wallsend,sorry but it simply isnt good enough
Edited 24 Oct 2018, 1:09 pm by V514DFT.

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
24 Oct 2018, 1:07 pm #408

(24 Oct 2018, 10:52 am)Dan There is already a huge amount of buses from Newcastle City Centre to the Metrocentre - twelve per hour just between the Go North East Tyne Valley Ten and Red Kite group of services alone.

My arguement with that though is why should places like gateshead and stanley get to benefit from direct links to the metrocentre whilst north tyneside has 1,the blue arrow,yeah fair enough its ok if you have the money to buy a multiple zone tickect or have a pass,whilst other passengers have to suffer,tbh after the shambles of the 2016 north tyneside changes some places have become ridiculous to get to,Forest Hall,Killingworth etc lost the direct link to to coast completely,after arriva pulled service 53A we still had the 17,then 2016 came along and GNE pulled service 17,so now residents of those areas now have to swap on multiple buses,then theres the fairs on the 11,more expensive to travel a shorter distance between East Howdon and Wallsend,sorry but it simply isnt good enough

Kind Regards
Tez

Andreos1

24 Oct 2018, 3:08 pm #409
(24 Oct 2018, 1:07 pm)V514DFT My arguement with that though is why should places like gateshead and stanley get to benefit from direct links to the metrocentre whilst north tyneside has 1,the blue arrow,yeah fair enough its ok if you have the money to buy a multiple zone tickect or have a pass,whilst other passengers have to suffer,tbh after the shambles of the 2016 north tyneside changes some places have become ridiculous to get to,Forest Hall,Killingworth etc lost the direct link to to coast completely,after arriva pulled service 53A we still had the 17,then 2016 came along and GNE pulled service 17,so now residents of those areas now have to swap on multiple buses,then theres the fairs on the 11,more expensive to travel a shorter distance between East Howdon and Wallsend,sorry but it simply isnt good enough

To be fair, there are very few direct services from outside the Gateshead area to the metrocentre.
Stacks from beyond West Gateshead or Derwent side, but pretty limited apart from that.
Wearsiders and South Tynesiders have both lost their direct links. Appreciate there is an X88 on a weekend, but no good if you need to be there during the week.

There was a thing on twitter recently, asking people to come up with any railway stations across the UK that resulted in passengers needing more than 1 change to get to London. 
Very few stations were identified.
Hexham - Newcastle - KX (1 change). 
If you were to ask the same question about areas in T&W and to name areas that needed more than one change tobget somewhere just up the road like the Metrocentre...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
24 Oct 2018, 3:08 pm #409

(24 Oct 2018, 1:07 pm)V514DFT My arguement with that though is why should places like gateshead and stanley get to benefit from direct links to the metrocentre whilst north tyneside has 1,the blue arrow,yeah fair enough its ok if you have the money to buy a multiple zone tickect or have a pass,whilst other passengers have to suffer,tbh after the shambles of the 2016 north tyneside changes some places have become ridiculous to get to,Forest Hall,Killingworth etc lost the direct link to to coast completely,after arriva pulled service 53A we still had the 17,then 2016 came along and GNE pulled service 17,so now residents of those areas now have to swap on multiple buses,then theres the fairs on the 11,more expensive to travel a shorter distance between East Howdon and Wallsend,sorry but it simply isnt good enough

To be fair, there are very few direct services from outside the Gateshead area to the metrocentre.
Stacks from beyond West Gateshead or Derwent side, but pretty limited apart from that.
Wearsiders and South Tynesiders have both lost their direct links. Appreciate there is an X88 on a weekend, but no good if you need to be there during the week.

There was a thing on twitter recently, asking people to come up with any railway stations across the UK that resulted in passengers needing more than 1 change to get to London. 
If you were to ask the same question about areas in T&W and to name areas that needed more than one change tobget somewhere just up the road like the Metrocentre...

JM03

24 Oct 2018, 3:11 pm #410
(24 Oct 2018, 3:08 pm)Andreos1 To be fair, there are very few direct services from outside the Gateshead area to the metrocentre.

The 11 is useless anyways, its the most boring ride I've ever had and its way too long
JM03
24 Oct 2018, 3:11 pm #410

(24 Oct 2018, 3:08 pm)Andreos1 To be fair, there are very few direct services from outside the Gateshead area to the metrocentre.

The 11 is useless anyways, its the most boring ride I've ever had and its way too long

V514DFT

24 Oct 2018, 8:15 pm #411
(24 Oct 2018, 3:11 pm)JM03 The 11 is useless anyways, its the most boring ride I've ever had and its way too long

Atleast somebody agrees

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
24 Oct 2018, 8:15 pm #411

(24 Oct 2018, 3:11 pm)JM03 The 11 is useless anyways, its the most boring ride I've ever had and its way too long

Atleast somebody agrees

Kind Regards
Tez

Jamie M

Unregistered

24 Oct 2018, 8:57 pm #412
It's 1 route that is 3 routes in one. You'd be crazy to think anyone is expected to go end to end.

Of course a 2 hour stint between housing estates and front streets is going to be boring from anyone's perspective, never mind from an enthusiasts point of view.

You can get to metrocentre in two hops from pretty much anywhere, maybe better fare options could solve the mentioned issue of there being no direct way to metrocentre, throughfares or whatever.

Jamie M
24 Oct 2018, 8:57 pm #412

It's 1 route that is 3 routes in one. You'd be crazy to think anyone is expected to go end to end.

Of course a 2 hour stint between housing estates and front streets is going to be boring from anyone's perspective, never mind from an enthusiasts point of view.

You can get to metrocentre in two hops from pretty much anywhere, maybe better fare options could solve the mentioned issue of there being no direct way to metrocentre, throughfares or whatever.

peter

24 Oct 2018, 9:04 pm #413
(24 Oct 2018, 8:57 pm)Jamie M It's 1 route that is 3 routes in one. You'd be crazy to think anyone is expected to go end to end.

Exactly! The whole point of the 11 was to take, arguably, less profitable routes and merge them together to allow cross-connections that might increase profitability across all 3 compared to if they were still individual services. By no means is it designed to be used end-to-end but also from a marketing perspective introducing a new half-hourly service 'from the coast to the Metrocentre' sounds good even if it's not in fact that realistic.
peter
24 Oct 2018, 9:04 pm #413

(24 Oct 2018, 8:57 pm)Jamie M It's 1 route that is 3 routes in one. You'd be crazy to think anyone is expected to go end to end.

Exactly! The whole point of the 11 was to take, arguably, less profitable routes and merge them together to allow cross-connections that might increase profitability across all 3 compared to if they were still individual services. By no means is it designed to be used end-to-end but also from a marketing perspective introducing a new half-hourly service 'from the coast to the Metrocentre' sounds good even if it's not in fact that realistic.

S830OFT

03 Nov 2018, 6:40 pm #414
Having looked at Greyhound's Dreamliner Coach video I have a suggestion for a service improvement on service X9/X10.

Route Improvement:
X9: Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Peterlee - Billingham - Middlesbrough - Non-Stop - Whitby - Robin Hoods Bay - Scarborough. This service will be extended to Scarborough up to Every 2 hours, the service between Newcastle and Middlesbrough will remain hourly. This service will also operate Evenings and Sundays Every 2 Hours.

X10: Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Dalton Park - Stockton - Middlesbrough - A19 Non-Stop - York. This service will be extended to York up to Every 2 hours, the service between Newcastle and Middlesbrough will remain hourly. Although Evenings and Sundays will be revised to operate Every 2 hours.

Unfortunately, to ensure the service remains sustainable, concessionary passes will be charged £2.00 per journey.

Also services will run later with last buses at York at 23:00 and Scarborough at 21:00.

Buses that finish in York or Scarborough will stay overnight at EYMS Depots.

The Fleet:
Purchase of Brand New Easy Accessible Double Decker Coaches.

Fares:
X9/X10 Route Saver:
For a Full Day of Venturing a Standard Dayticket will cost £20 for adult and £10 for child. For Premium Class a Dayticket will cost £35 for adult and £17.50 for child.

Newcastle to Middlesbrough:
Child Singles will remain at £2 for standard, with £5 single fare available for premium class. Adult Standard fares will work with a £8 single and £10 return with Premium Class costing £15 single and £20 return.

Unfortunately, Go North East Get Around and Buzzfare tickets will NOT be accepted.

Firstly, offer a Standard and Premium class on-board, with additional features in premium class such as extra legroom, access to a more wide variety of social media, more comfortable seating, Unlimited Wi-Fi, PowerPoints and USB Connections. Also I think for standard customers the Free Wi-Fi should be restricted to 20 minutes use, and also have USB Connections only. Also a Trolley Service will be provided offering complementary food and drink to Premium Class, with a small cost for Standard.

Secondly, offer a book in advance option, to avoid overcrowding on journeys and provide seat security. Also when booking in advance passengers will save 25% off. Passengers will be able to book both Standard and Premium Class.

Overall, I believe it would be ideal to extend service and offer these faciltys on-board, but to ensure passengers sit in the correct seats a on-board 'Service Manager' will be on-board.

Post your comments about this crazy suggestion.

S830OFT
03 Nov 2018, 6:40 pm #414

Having looked at Greyhound's Dreamliner Coach video I have a suggestion for a service improvement on service X9/X10.

Route Improvement:
X9: Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Peterlee - Billingham - Middlesbrough - Non-Stop - Whitby - Robin Hoods Bay - Scarborough. This service will be extended to Scarborough up to Every 2 hours, the service between Newcastle and Middlesbrough will remain hourly. This service will also operate Evenings and Sundays Every 2 Hours.

X10: Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Dalton Park - Stockton - Middlesbrough - A19 Non-Stop - York. This service will be extended to York up to Every 2 hours, the service between Newcastle and Middlesbrough will remain hourly. Although Evenings and Sundays will be revised to operate Every 2 hours.

Unfortunately, to ensure the service remains sustainable, concessionary passes will be charged £2.00 per journey.

Also services will run later with last buses at York at 23:00 and Scarborough at 21:00.

The Fleet:

Fares:
X9/X10 Route Saver:
For a Full Day of Venturing a Standard Dayticket will cost £20 for adult and £10 for child. For Premium Class a Dayticket will cost £35 for adult and £17.50 for child.

Child Singles will remain at £2 for standard, with £5 single fare available for premium class. Adult Standard fares will work with a £8 single and £10 return with Premium Class costing £15 single and £20 return.

Unfortunately, Go North East Get Around and Buzzfare tickets will NOT be accepted.

Firstly, offer a Standard and Premium class on-board, with additional features in premium class such as extra legroom, access to a more wide variety of social media, more comfortable seating, Unlimited Wi-Fi, PowerPoints and USB Connections. Also I think for standard customers the Free Wi-Fi should be restricted to 20 minutes use, and also have USB Connections only. Also a Trolley Service will be provided offering complementary food and drink to Premium Class, with a small cost for Standard.

Secondly, offer a book in advance option, to avoid overcrowding on journeys and provide seat security. Also when booking in advance passengers will save 25% off. Passengers will be able to book both Standard and Premium Class.

Overall, I believe it would be ideal to extend service and offer these faciltys on-board, but to ensure passengers sit in the correct seats a on-board 'Service Manager' will be on-board.

Andreos1

03 Nov 2018, 6:53 pm #415
(03 Nov 2018, 6:40 pm)S830OFT Having looked at Greyhound's Dreamliner Coach video I have a suggestion for a service improvement on service X9/X10.

Route Improvement:

The Fleet:

Fares:
X9/X10 Route Saver:

Whilst sounding attractive, it is a big investment and will see a lot of overheads (food, drink, service manager etc), with no guarantee those overheads will covered and then a profit made. 

The ticket prices you mention, would be undercut significantly by an Explorer Ticket. 
If you get people buying Premium Tickets, you're gonna need a handful on each trip just to cover the two lots of wages. Never mind fuel.

Andreos1
03 Nov 2018, 6:53 pm #415

(03 Nov 2018, 6:40 pm)S830OFT Having looked at Greyhound's Dreamliner Coach video I have a suggestion for a service improvement on service X9/X10.

Route Improvement:

The Fleet:

Fares:
X9/X10 Route Saver:

Whilst sounding attractive, it is a big investment and will see a lot of overheads (food, drink, service manager etc), with no guarantee those overheads will covered and then a profit made. 

The ticket prices you mention, would be undercut significantly by an Explorer Ticket. 
If you get people buying Premium Tickets, you're gonna need a handful on each trip just to cover the two lots of wages. Never mind fuel.

pbjd

03 Nov 2018, 7:02 pm #416
(03 Nov 2018, 6:40 pm)S830OFT Post your comments about this crazy suggestion.

On what planet will this work? You do know GNE are a bus company not a train company.
pbjd
03 Nov 2018, 7:02 pm #416

(03 Nov 2018, 6:40 pm)S830OFT Post your comments about this crazy suggestion.

On what planet will this work? You do know GNE are a bus company not a train company.

Andreos1

03 Nov 2018, 7:05 pm #417
(03 Nov 2018, 7:02 pm)pbjd On what planet will this work? You do know GNE are a bus company not a train company.

To give him his due, something needs to be done to address the falling passenger numbers up and down the country. 
The status quo can't continue. 
Whether it is as dramatic as that suggestion, I don't know.

Andreos1
03 Nov 2018, 7:05 pm #417

(03 Nov 2018, 7:02 pm)pbjd On what planet will this work? You do know GNE are a bus company not a train company.

To give him his due, something needs to be done to address the falling passenger numbers up and down the country. 

pbjd

03 Nov 2018, 7:06 pm #418
(03 Nov 2018, 7:05 pm)Andreos1 To give him his due, something needs to be done to address the falling passenger numbers up and down the country. 

Reliable buses would help the X9/X10 alot - and cheaper fares may push passenger numbers up.
pbjd
03 Nov 2018, 7:06 pm #418

(03 Nov 2018, 7:05 pm)Andreos1 To give him his due, something needs to be done to address the falling passenger numbers up and down the country. 

Reliable buses would help the X9/X10 alot - and cheaper fares may push passenger numbers up.

03 Nov 2018, 9:06 pm #419

Route Improvement:

The Fleet:

Fares:
X9/X10 Route Saver:

They won’t be able to run non stop to York because the bus needs to stop every 15 miles (as the crow flies) And Middlesbrough to York is 43 miles as the crow flies. It’s the same with running non stop to Whitby, that’s 26 miles as the crow flies so the bus would need to stop.
DavidSBrough
03 Nov 2018, 9:06 pm #419

Route Improvement:

The Fleet:

Fares:
X9/X10 Route Saver:

They won’t be able to run non stop to York because the bus needs to stop every 15 miles (as the crow flies) And Middlesbrough to York is 43 miles as the crow flies. It’s the same with running non stop to Whitby, that’s 26 miles as the crow flies so the bus would need to stop.

GNE6312

05 Nov 2018, 8:50 pm #420
New peak service

1X

Cobalt business park
North Tyneside hospital
Whitley bay
Tynemouth
North shields
Tyne tunnel trading estate
Silverlink
Coast road