Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (147): Previous 143 44 45147 Next
Storx

22 Jun 2020, 9:08 pm #861
(22 Jun 2020, 8:24 pm)S830OFT South Tyneside suggestions:

5: This service will be extended to Lukes Lane from Jarrow operating to the current timetable frequency. This service will be interworking with service 9 at Lukes Lane, combining together to offer a bus between Hebburn, Jarrow and Boldon up to every 15 minutes.

9: This service will be reduced to every 30 minutes, however during busy periods of the day an additional journey may be slotted in between Sunderland and Jarrow.

26: This service will be reduced to every 30 minutes, and will only operate between South Shields and Jarrow. This service will be interworking with service 50 using Euro 6 Scania Omnicitys, as a result will no longer be part of the Crusader brand.

Evening and Sunday journeys on this service will interwork with service 20.

27: This service will be increased to every 15 minutes. Between Heworth and Gateshead service 35 will run alongside to continue the 6 buses an hour during the day.

35: Monday to Saturday Daytime journeys will be revised to extend to Heworth and Gateshead via Sunderland Road in order to offer additional buses with service 26/27 being reduced in frequency. This service will no longer operate beyond Sunderland, with the Low Moorsley section transferred to a new service.

35A: This service will continue as normal, although will only operate between Sunderland and Heworth. The southern section of the route will be replaced by a new 75/75A service.

75/75A: These services will replace the southern section of the 35/35A operating to the current frequency and routes.

Bit irrelvant to your changes but it got me thinking I wish there was promotion for a proper bus route through the tunnel, whether it's the 19 and 9 connecting or something else. It's almost that the Tyne is a 20ft brick wall when it comes to public transport apart from the ferry which barely connects to nothing at the north side without travelling via Newcastle and I'm not talking the 319 which runs to North Shields which is pointless from Jarrow or even Sunderland in the past.

Something in the form of a 'Metro Link' which runs between the 4 main metro stations which could be possible (Fellgate / Jarrow / Percy Main / N'land Park) or (Brockley Whins / Bede / Percy Main / N'land Park) depending on whether you want it to serve main areas or be a quicker service. It's a right pain arse having to travel to Newcastle then back to get across the water which Nexus has agreed that Metro tickets are valid for use on as run it as a form of a 'Metro' bus.
Storx
22 Jun 2020, 9:08 pm #861

5: This service will be extended to Lukes Lane from Jarrow operating to the current timetable frequency. This service will be interworking with service 9 at Lukes Lane, combining together to offer a bus between Hebburn, Jarrow and Boldon up to every 15 minutes.

9: This service will be reduced to every 30 minutes, however during busy periods of the day an additional journey may be slotted in between Sunderland and Jarrow.

26: This service will be reduced to every 30 minutes, and will only operate between South Shields and Jarrow. This service will be interworking with service 50 using Euro 6 Scania Omnicitys, as a result will no longer be part of the Crusader brand.

27: This service will be increased to every 15 minutes. Between Heworth and Gateshead service 35 will run alongside to continue the 6 buses an hour during the day.

35: Monday to Saturday Daytime journeys will be revised to extend to Heworth and Gateshead via Sunderland Road in order to offer additional buses with service 26/27 being reduced in frequency. This service will no longer operate beyond Sunderland, with the Low Moorsley section transferred to a new service.

35A: This service will continue as normal, although will only operate between Sunderland and Heworth. The southern section of the route will be replaced by a new 75/75A service.

75/75A: These services will replace the southern section of the 35/35A operating to the current frequency and routes.

Bit irrelvant to your changes but it got me thinking I wish there was promotion for a proper bus route through the tunnel, whether it's the 19 and 9 connecting or something else. It's almost that the Tyne is a 20ft brick wall when it comes to public transport apart from the ferry which barely connects to nothing at the north side without travelling via Newcastle and I'm not talking the 319 which runs to North Shields which is pointless from Jarrow or even Sunderland in the past.

Something in the form of a 'Metro Link' which runs between the 4 main metro stations which could be possible (Fellgate / Jarrow / Percy Main / N'land Park) or (Brockley Whins / Bede / Percy Main / N'land Park) depending on whether you want it to serve main areas or be a quicker service. It's a right pain arse having to travel to Newcastle then back to get across the water which Nexus has agreed that Metro tickets are valid for use on as run it as a form of a 'Metro' bus.

V514DFT

22 Jun 2020, 10:34 pm #862
17-Northumberland Park-Cobalt-Battle Hill-Selby Gardens-Wallsend Metro-High Street East-Tynemouth Road-Percy Main-Tyne Tunnel-Jarrow-Fellgate-Cotswold Lane (Brockley Whins)-Asda Boldon
18-Northumberland Park-Cobalt-Middle Engine Lane-Westminster Avenue-North Tyneside General Hospital-Fox Hunters-Preston Grange Morrisons-North Shields Metro-Meadow Well-Percy Main-Tyne Tunnel-Jarrow-Fellgate-Cotswold Lane (Brockley Whins)-Asda Boldon

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
22 Jun 2020, 10:34 pm #862

17-Northumberland Park-Cobalt-Battle Hill-Selby Gardens-Wallsend Metro-High Street East-Tynemouth Road-Percy Main-Tyne Tunnel-Jarrow-Fellgate-Cotswold Lane (Brockley Whins)-Asda Boldon
18-Northumberland Park-Cobalt-Middle Engine Lane-Westminster Avenue-North Tyneside General Hospital-Fox Hunters-Preston Grange Morrisons-North Shields Metro-Meadow Well-Percy Main-Tyne Tunnel-Jarrow-Fellgate-Cotswold Lane (Brockley Whins)-Asda Boldon

Kind Regards
Tez

LVK 404L

23 Jun 2020, 7:49 am #863
Cotswold Lane is the wrong side of the train line for Brockley Whins. Cotswold Lane is part of Boldon Colliery and quite a walk from bus stop to the actual metro station.. Your better off sending out of Tunnel turning off at Lindisfarne Roundabout, then via Scotch Estate, South Leam Estate. Brockley Whins. South Shields Crem, Biddick Hall, Boldon School and Boldon Asda. Restoring the lost 538/542 links
LVK 404L
23 Jun 2020, 7:49 am #863

Cotswold Lane is the wrong side of the train line for Brockley Whins. Cotswold Lane is part of Boldon Colliery and quite a walk from bus stop to the actual metro station.. Your better off sending out of Tunnel turning off at Lindisfarne Roundabout, then via Scotch Estate, South Leam Estate. Brockley Whins. South Shields Crem, Biddick Hall, Boldon School and Boldon Asda. Restoring the lost 538/542 links

V514DFT

23 Jun 2020, 10:11 am #864
I dont live in the area,i was just going off by google maps

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
23 Jun 2020, 10:11 am #864

I dont live in the area,i was just going off by google maps

Kind Regards
Tez

24 Jun 2020, 1:54 pm #865
Could the 13 be merged with 204/208/265.
Was also wondering if 720 could come back.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
24 Jun 2020, 1:54 pm #865

Could the 13 be merged with 204/208/265.

JP6004

24 Jun 2020, 2:25 pm #866
(24 Jun 2020, 1:54 pm)ASX_Terranova Could the 13 be merged with 204/208/265.
Sure 13 could merge with something. Seems to be going the way of the 95
JP6004
24 Jun 2020, 2:25 pm #866

(24 Jun 2020, 1:54 pm)ASX_Terranova Could the 13 be merged with 204/208/265.
Sure 13 could merge with something. Seems to be going the way of the 95

S830OFT

24 Jun 2020, 2:48 pm #867
They could always make the 265 stand-alone and send it to Langley Park, additionaly return the service to Chester-le-Street depot. Then with a few adjustments to the timetable, the 202, 204, 208 could all continue their cycle. Additionally the 55 journeys that terminate at Peterlee can be extended to Station Town, keeping the 202 between Seaham and Peterlee only.

S830OFT
24 Jun 2020, 2:48 pm #867

They could always make the 265 stand-alone and send it to Langley Park, additionaly return the service to Chester-le-Street depot. Then with a few adjustments to the timetable, the 202, 204, 208 could all continue their cycle. Additionally the 55 journeys that terminate at Peterlee can be extended to Station Town, keeping the 202 between Seaham and Peterlee only.

Malarkey

27 Jun 2020, 8:06 pm #868
X38 - Ashington - Bedlington - Cramlington - Northumberland Park - Cobalt Business Park - Silverlink - Coast Road - Newcastle City Centre
X39 - Blyth - Seaton Sluice - Whitley Bay - North Tyneside Hospital - Coast Road - Battle Hill Drive - Coast Road - Newcastle City Centre
  • Operate a combined Every 15 Minutes Monday to Saturday, Every 30 Minutes combined on a Sunday merging sections of the 19/309 together opening up new links.

19/19A - North Shields - Royal Quays - Percy Main - Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate - Silverlink - Cobalt - Northumberland Park - North Tyneside Hospital - New York - Whitley Bay - Marden - Tynemouth - North Shields 
  • Operates Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday, Hourly on Sundays
  • 11 replaced between North Shields and Whitley Bay by revised 19
  • Section of the 11 between North Shields and Wallsend merged into service 1B, Service 11 withdrawn

309/311 - Newcastle City Centre - Coast Road - High Farm - Battle Hill Drive - Hadrian Park - Howden - Wallsend - Coast Road - Newcastle City Centre
  • Operating Every 10 Minutes Combined Monday to Saturday, Every 30 Minutes on a Sunday
  • Merging on service 309/311 with service 41 opening new local links 
Malarkey
27 Jun 2020, 8:06 pm #868

X38 - Ashington - Bedlington - Cramlington - Northumberland Park - Cobalt Business Park - Silverlink - Coast Road - Newcastle City Centre
X39 - Blyth - Seaton Sluice - Whitley Bay - North Tyneside Hospital - Coast Road - Battle Hill Drive - Coast Road - Newcastle City Centre

• Operate a combined Every 15 Minutes Monday to Saturday, Every 30 Minutes combined on a Sunday merging sections of the 19/309 together opening up new links.

19/19A - North Shields - Royal Quays - Percy Main - Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate - Silverlink - Cobalt - Northumberland Park - North Tyneside Hospital - New York - Whitley Bay - Marden - Tynemouth - North Shields 
  • Operates Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday, Hourly on Sundays
  • 11 replaced between North Shields and Whitley Bay by revised 19
  • Section of the 11 between North Shields and Wallsend merged into service 1B, Service 11 withdrawn

309/311 - Newcastle City Centre - Coast Road - High Farm - Battle Hill Drive - Hadrian Park - Howden - Wallsend - Coast Road - Newcastle City Centre
  • Operating Every 10 Minutes Combined Monday to Saturday, Every 30 Minutes on a Sunday
  • Merging on service 309/311 with service 41 opening new local links 

big mac

28 Jun 2020, 5:14 pm #869
(24 Jun 2020, 2:25 pm)JP6004 Sure 13 could merge with something. Seems to be going the way of the 95
If the x22 gets reintroduced at some point maybe it could interwork with that.
big mac
28 Jun 2020, 5:14 pm #869

(24 Jun 2020, 2:25 pm)JP6004 Sure 13 could merge with something. Seems to be going the way of the 95
If the x22 gets reintroduced at some point maybe it could interwork with that.

29 Jun 2020, 3:27 pm #870
These ideas may have already been suggested but I made these visual representations:

My Previous Post had an error in the pdf file, so re-uploaded it.
Edited 29 Jun 2020, 3:33 pm by ASX_Terranova.

ASX_Terranova
29 Jun 2020, 3:27 pm #870

These ideas may have already been suggested but I made these visual representations:

My Previous Post had an error in the pdf file, so re-uploaded it.

JP6004

30 Jun 2020, 2:11 pm #871
Extend 25 to Durham once an hour replacing service 13. Extensions renumbered to 25A
JP6004
30 Jun 2020, 2:11 pm #871

Extend 25 to Durham once an hour replacing service 13. Extensions renumbered to 25A

09 Jul 2020, 1:13 pm #872
A Few more Ideas, some essential, others just a bit of fun.
Attached Files
.pdf
TSX Transport Bus Ideas.pdf
Size: 49.65 KB / Downloads: 44

ASX_Terranova
09 Jul 2020, 1:13 pm #872

A Few more Ideas, some essential, others just a bit of fun.

Attached Files
.pdf
TSX Transport Bus Ideas.pdf
Size: 49.65 KB / Downloads: 44

10 Jul 2020, 9:46 pm #873

I think that these suggestions are stupid and have no point. I know GNE have decreased 26 service and frequency but I think it is wrong. I think a link that will help lots of people is a one of a route called 51 (linked to 5 & 50) This route will follow the 27 from South Shields until Jarrow Bus Station. From there it will follow the 26 until primrose estate. After it will turn right to join onto York Avenue to join the 9. It will follow the 9 until Boldon Asda and it will split off to join the 50 towards Durham. Other split offs from the 50 in Washington etc. may occur too. I think this solves the immediate problem of some of the
SouthTyne
10 Jul 2020, 9:46 pm #873

I think that these suggestions are stupid and have no point. I know GNE have decreased 26 service and frequency but I think it is wrong. I think a link that will help lots of people is a one of a route called 51 (linked to 5 & 50) This route will follow the 27 from South Shields until Jarrow Bus Station. From there it will follow the 26 until primrose estate. After it will turn right to join onto York Avenue to join the 9. It will follow the 9 until Boldon Asda and it will split off to join the 50 towards Durham. Other split offs from the 50 in Washington etc. may occur too. I think this solves the immediate problem of some of the

13 Jul 2020, 6:58 pm #874
Changes to Cobalt & Coast services

Service 309- Will now serve Silverlink instead of Middle Engine Lane.

Service 310- Will now additionally serve Hadrian Park to replace service 311.

Service 311- withdrawn

Services 309 & 310 will interwork
PVR- 17
michaelb
13 Jul 2020, 6:58 pm #874

Changes to Cobalt & Coast services

Service 311- withdrawn

PVR- 17

14 Jul 2020, 6:56 am #875
(13 Jul 2020, 6:58 pm)michaelb Changes to Cobalt & Coast services

Service 311- withdrawn

PVR- 17
I believe instead of 311 being withdrawn it will extend to South Shields via Cobalt & Jarrow which will connect Cobalt and Newcastle more easily than the 27 service.
SouthTyne
14 Jul 2020, 6:56 am #875

(13 Jul 2020, 6:58 pm)michaelb Changes to Cobalt & Coast services

Service 311- withdrawn

PVR- 17
I believe instead of 311 being withdrawn it will extend to South Shields via Cobalt & Jarrow which will connect Cobalt and Newcastle more easily than the 27 service.

Andreos1

14 Jul 2020, 10:45 am #876
Following on from the 925 chat last night and this morning, I've quickly taken two screenshots which could assist the 925 once hospital visits and appointments start up again. 

There's 15mins waiting time in the timetable as it stands and I can see both extensions to the route attracting passengers within that 15min period of grace.
The roads should be suitable for a Solo too and on the sections where there are no stops, hail and ride will apply.
Attached Files
.jpg
Screenshot_20200714_113717.jpg
Size: 391.32 KB / Downloads: 43
.jpg
Screenshot_20200714_113919.jpg
Size: 436.85 KB / Downloads: 37

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Jul 2020, 10:45 am #876

Following on from the 925 chat last night and this morning, I've quickly taken two screenshots which could assist the 925 once hospital visits and appointments start up again. 

There's 15mins waiting time in the timetable as it stands and I can see both extensions to the route attracting passengers within that 15min period of grace.
The roads should be suitable for a Solo too and on the sections where there are no stops, hail and ride will apply.

Attached Files
.jpg
Screenshot_20200714_113717.jpg
Size: 391.32 KB / Downloads: 43
.jpg
Screenshot_20200714_113919.jpg
Size: 436.85 KB / Downloads: 37

14 Jul 2020, 10:57 am #877
Service 5- To be run by Deptford Depot and interwork with Service 9. No route changes.
Service 9- To terminate at Jarrow Bus Station. To now run in corporate liverey.
Service 26- To be extended to Lukes Lane along the current 9 route. To be run by Washington Depot in corporate liverey.
Service 27- Unchanged
Service 50- Will now interwork with service 26. No route changes.

PVR & Allocation
5/9- PVR 8 (8x Citaros)
26/50- PVR 11 (11x Omnicity)
27- PVR 11 (11x Citaros)

Vehicle movements
5282-5284 to Deptford
michaelb
14 Jul 2020, 10:57 am #877

Service 5- To be run by Deptford Depot and interwork with Service 9. No route changes.
Service 9- To terminate at Jarrow Bus Station. To now run in corporate liverey.
Service 26- To be extended to Lukes Lane along the current 9 route. To be run by Washington Depot in corporate liverey.
Service 27- Unchanged
Service 50- Will now interwork with service 26. No route changes.

PVR & Allocation
5/9- PVR 8 (8x Citaros)
26/50- PVR 11 (11x Omnicity)
27- PVR 11 (11x Citaros)

Vehicle movements
5282-5284 to Deptford

Andreos1

14 Jul 2020, 11:29 am #878
(14 Jul 2020, 10:45 am)Andreos1 Following on from the 925 chat last night and this morning, I've quickly taken two screenshots which could assist the 925 once hospital visits and appointments start up again. 

Further to this and the chat around the 938, I've identified a solution to the X66.
It will be diverted to replace the 64 in part, prior to continuing to the metrocentre. To cover for the loss of the X66, a new service will replace it called the 966. Except it will run on an hourly basis. 
Skirting around the edge of Gateshead Interchange and having a 15min layover in some obscure layby, it will then only serve the metrocentre out of peak hours and will return to the depot for 2 hours during the middle of the day.

The 956 will operate in a similar fashion to the 56, 35 and 20 with its only unique bit of route being the area around The Wavendon. Again, operating on an hourly frequency.

Andreos1
14 Jul 2020, 11:29 am #878

(14 Jul 2020, 10:45 am)Andreos1 Following on from the 925 chat last night and this morning, I've quickly taken two screenshots which could assist the 925 once hospital visits and appointments start up again. 

Further to this and the chat around the 938, I've identified a solution to the X66.
It will be diverted to replace the 64 in part, prior to continuing to the metrocentre. To cover for the loss of the X66, a new service will replace it called the 966. Except it will run on an hourly basis. 
Skirting around the edge of Gateshead Interchange and having a 15min layover in some obscure layby, it will then only serve the metrocentre out of peak hours and will return to the depot for 2 hours during the middle of the day.

The 956 will operate in a similar fashion to the 56, 35 and 20 with its only unique bit of route being the area around The Wavendon. Again, operating on an hourly frequency.

LeeCalder

14 Jul 2020, 12:28 pm #879

Excellent, and very feasible!
LeeCalder
14 Jul 2020, 12:28 pm #879

Excellent, and very feasible!

big mac

14 Jul 2020, 5:53 pm #880

Another suggestion for the 925 would be for it to serve Easedale Gardens instead of Old Durham Road between Wrekenton and the QE to improve links to the hospital from Beacon Lough.
big mac
14 Jul 2020, 5:53 pm #880

Another suggestion for the 925 would be for it to serve Easedale Gardens instead of Old Durham Road between Wrekenton and the QE to improve links to the hospital from Beacon Lough.

Pages (147): Previous 143 44 45147 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average