Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 176 77 78150 Next
Train8261

29 Jul 2021, 10:29 pm #1,521
Since Go North East have done well with the X11 to Scarborough. Would another one say to Edinburgh work
Train8261
29 Jul 2021, 10:29 pm #1,521

Since Go North East have done well with the X11 to Scarborough. Would another one say to Edinburgh work

peter

29 Jul 2021, 10:45 pm #1,522
(29 Jul 2021, 10:29 pm)Train8261 Since Go North East have done well with the X11 to Scarborough. Would another one say to Edinburgh work

Don't think you could compete with the train on a direct route like that tbh...if Wright Bros gave up on the 888 to Keswick, I do think a service to the Lakes would be worth a try.
peter
29 Jul 2021, 10:45 pm #1,522

(29 Jul 2021, 10:29 pm)Train8261 Since Go North East have done well with the X11 to Scarborough. Would another one say to Edinburgh work

Don't think you could compete with the train on a direct route like that tbh...if Wright Bros gave up on the 888 to Keswick, I do think a service to the Lakes would be worth a try.

29 Jul 2021, 10:57 pm #1,523
(29 Jul 2021, 10:45 pm)peter Don't think you could compete with the train on a direct route like that tbh...if Wright Bros gave up on the 888 to Keswick, I do think a service to the Lakes would be worth a try.

It depends on the pricing, if it was only £15-20 for a return to Edinburgh I'd definitely consider it over the train
streetdeckfan
29 Jul 2021, 10:57 pm #1,523

(29 Jul 2021, 10:45 pm)peter Don't think you could compete with the train on a direct route like that tbh...if Wright Bros gave up on the 888 to Keswick, I do think a service to the Lakes would be worth a try.

It depends on the pricing, if it was only £15-20 for a return to Edinburgh I'd definitely consider it over the train

30 Jul 2021, 12:26 am #1,524
(29 Jul 2021, 10:57 pm)streetdeckfan It depends on the pricing, if it was only £15-20 for a return to Edinburgh I'd definitely consider it over the train
Hell would freeze over before I’d consider a non train journey between NE Eng and Scotland. The roads in north Northumberland are terrible.
Economic505
30 Jul 2021, 12:26 am #1,524

(29 Jul 2021, 10:57 pm)streetdeckfan It depends on the pricing, if it was only £15-20 for a return to Edinburgh I'd definitely consider it over the train
Hell would freeze over before I’d consider a non train journey between NE Eng and Scotland. The roads in north Northumberland are terrible.

30 Jul 2021, 2:25 am #1,525
(30 Jul 2021, 12:26 am)Economic505 Hell would freeze over before I’d consider a non train journey between NE Eng and Scotland. The roads in north Northumberland are terrible.
Nearly 2hrs 30mins to Edinburgh by road for a journey which is roughly 120miles is dreadful. The A1 has been crying out for dualling for decades. The fact you can do Carlisle to Glasgow in just over an hour and a half in comparison is shocking. There's only 20 or 30miles extra on the East Coast run and that doesn't warrant nearly an hour's difference.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
30 Jul 2021, 2:25 am #1,525

(30 Jul 2021, 12:26 am)Economic505 Hell would freeze over before I’d consider a non train journey between NE Eng and Scotland. The roads in north Northumberland are terrible.
Nearly 2hrs 30mins to Edinburgh by road for a journey which is roughly 120miles is dreadful. The A1 has been crying out for dualling for decades. The fact you can do Carlisle to Glasgow in just over an hour and a half in comparison is shocking. There's only 20 or 30miles extra on the East Coast run and that doesn't warrant nearly an hour's difference.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

cbma06

31 Jul 2021, 10:40 am #1,526
Since GNE are proposing to extend 2 journeys per hour on the x1 to Dalton Park and Peterlee, could there extend another journey from the Lane to Haswell, Shotton, Wheatley Hill, Thornley, ludworth and Haswell plough in a circle, so from Easington Lane then Salters Lane passing Haswell, down the side of Shotton Colliery then turn right to Wheatley Hill along front street then hitting the end of Thornley and then along top of Ludworth, then Haswell Plough along Hessewelle crescent upto Haswell then left onto Salters lane back to Easington Lane, open new and old links between the villages and Hetton/Houghton and new links for workers and shoppers to Washington and forward travel to Gateshead/Newcastle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
31 Jul 2021, 10:40 am #1,526

Since GNE are proposing to extend 2 journeys per hour on the x1 to Dalton Park and Peterlee, could there extend another journey from the Lane to Haswell, Shotton, Wheatley Hill, Thornley, ludworth and Haswell plough in a circle, so from Easington Lane then Salters Lane passing Haswell, down the side of Shotton Colliery then turn right to Wheatley Hill along front street then hitting the end of Thornley and then along top of Ludworth, then Haswell Plough along Hessewelle crescent upto Haswell then left onto Salters lane back to Easington Lane, open new and old links between the villages and Hetton/Houghton and new links for workers and shoppers to Washington and forward travel to Gateshead/Newcastle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 Jul 2021, 11:37 am #1,527
Revised Service 25 & [b][u]New Service 25A[/u][/b]
25: Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Eighton Banks - Portobello - Barley Mow - Chester-Le-Street.
25A: Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Birtley - Barley Mow - Chester-Le-Street.
Could also be Revised to Replace 34 in Waldridge Park, or 71 Between Chester-Le-Street & Houghton-Le-Spring
Combined to Every 15 MIns (2x25, 2x25A)
Allocated any spare Euro 6 Single Deckers.

Revised Service 53 & New Service 53A
53: Newcastle - Gateshead - Saltwell Park - Low Fell - Team Valley South - Kibblesworth (Would Also Replace 29)
53A: Newcastle - Gateshead - Saltwell Park - Low Fell - Allendene - Wrekenton  (Would Replace 25 Between Newcastle and Wrekenton)
Combined to Every 10 MIns (3x53, 3x53A) 
These would be allocated the Volta Electrics if Possible. 

Revised Service 54 & New Service 54A 
54: Newcastle - Bensham - Saltwell Park - Low Fell - Harlow Green - Washington Galleries - Chester-Le-Street - Plawsworth - Arnison Centre - Newton Hall - Framwellagte Moor - Durham. (Would Avoid Need for X21 Shorts).
54A: Newcastle - Bensham - Saltwell Park - Low Fell - Harlow Green - Washington Galleries - Chester-Le-Street - Waldridge Park - Waldridge Village - Edmonsley - Sacriston - Witton Gilbert - Langley Park. (Would Replace 25 between Chester-Le-Street & Langley Park)
Combined Frequency of 6 Buses per Hour (2x54 Shorts to CLS, 2x54's to Durham & 2x54A)
These Would be Allocated Newish StreetDecks or E400's.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
31 Jul 2021, 11:37 am #1,527

Revised Service 25 & [b][u]New Service 25A[/u][/b]
25: Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Eighton Banks - Portobello - Barley Mow - Chester-Le-Street.
25A: Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Birtley - Barley Mow - Chester-Le-Street.
Could also be Revised to Replace 34 in Waldridge Park, or 71 Between Chester-Le-Street & Houghton-Le-Spring
Combined to Every 15 MIns (2x25, 2x25A)
Allocated any spare Euro 6 Single Deckers.

Revised Service 53 & New Service 53A
53: Newcastle - Gateshead - Saltwell Park - Low Fell - Team Valley South - Kibblesworth (Would Also Replace 29)
53A: Newcastle - Gateshead - Saltwell Park - Low Fell - Allendene - Wrekenton  (Would Replace 25 Between Newcastle and Wrekenton)
Combined to Every 10 MIns (3x53, 3x53A) 
These would be allocated the Volta Electrics if Possible. 

Revised Service 54 & New Service 54A 
54: Newcastle - Bensham - Saltwell Park - Low Fell - Harlow Green - Washington Galleries - Chester-Le-Street - Plawsworth - Arnison Centre - Newton Hall - Framwellagte Moor - Durham. (Would Avoid Need for X21 Shorts).
54A: Newcastle - Bensham - Saltwell Park - Low Fell - Harlow Green - Washington Galleries - Chester-Le-Street - Waldridge Park - Waldridge Village - Edmonsley - Sacriston - Witton Gilbert - Langley Park. (Would Replace 25 between Chester-Le-Street & Langley Park)
Combined Frequency of 6 Buses per Hour (2x54 Shorts to CLS, 2x54's to Durham & 2x54A)
These Would be Allocated Newish StreetDecks or E400's.

Malarkey

31 Jul 2021, 7:42 pm #1,528
Angel 21 N21
Newcastle to Chester-Le-Street via Gateshead, Low Fell, Allerdene, Harlow Green & Birtley

Operating Every 15 Minutes Monday to Sundays

Angel 22 23
Newcastle to Durham & Brandon via Gateshead, Low Fell, Birtley, Chester-Le- Street, Plawsworth, Arnison Centre, Framwellgate Moor, Durham, Nevilles Cross, Langley Moor and Brandon
Newcastle to Brandon & Durham via Gateshead, Low Fell, Birtley, Chester-Le- Street, Edmondsley, Sacriston, Witton Gilbert, Langley Park, Hill Top, Ushaw Moor, New Brancepeth, Brandon, Langley Moor and Nevilles Cross

Operating Every 15 Minutes Combined Monday to Saturday and Every 30 Minutes Combined on Sundays taking in rumoured extension to Brandon whilst also partially merging with Service 25 between Chester-Le-Street and Langley Park

Go North East 25
Newcastle to Chester-Le-Street via Gateshead, Low Fell, Allerdene, Harlow Green, Wrekenton, Portobello, Barley Mow and Chester-le-Street

Operating Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday and Hourly on a Sunday revised to operate only as far as Chester-Le-Street
Service replaced by new Angel 22/23 between Chester-Le-Street & Langley Park
Service would interwork with 28/28A at Chester-Le-Street

West Gateshead Loop 97 & 97A
Newcastle Market Street to Newcastle Market Street (Clockwise/Anti-Clockwise via Gateshead, Lobley Hill, Whickham, Swalwell, MetroCentre, Dunston, Knightside Gardens, Lobley Hill and Gateshead

Operating Every 10 Minutes Combined Monday to Saturday and Every 15 Minutes on Sundays
Service will no longer operate between MetroCentre and Eldon Square due to low passenger numbers
Service will merge partially with Coaster 1A/1B between Gateshead and MetroCentre creating loop between Lobley Hill and MetroCentre
Route also rebranded as "West Gateshead Loop"
Malarkey
31 Jul 2021, 7:42 pm #1,528

Angel 21 N21
Newcastle to Chester-Le-Street via Gateshead, Low Fell, Allerdene, Harlow Green & Birtley

Operating Every 15 Minutes Monday to Sundays

Angel 22 23
Newcastle to Durham & Brandon via Gateshead, Low Fell, Birtley, Chester-Le- Street, Plawsworth, Arnison Centre, Framwellgate Moor, Durham, Nevilles Cross, Langley Moor and Brandon
Newcastle to Brandon & Durham via Gateshead, Low Fell, Birtley, Chester-Le- Street, Edmondsley, Sacriston, Witton Gilbert, Langley Park, Hill Top, Ushaw Moor, New Brancepeth, Brandon, Langley Moor and Nevilles Cross

Operating Every 15 Minutes Combined Monday to Saturday and Every 30 Minutes Combined on Sundays taking in rumoured extension to Brandon whilst also partially merging with Service 25 between Chester-Le-Street and Langley Park

Go North East 25
Newcastle to Chester-Le-Street via Gateshead, Low Fell, Allerdene, Harlow Green, Wrekenton, Portobello, Barley Mow and Chester-le-Street

Operating Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday and Hourly on a Sunday revised to operate only as far as Chester-Le-Street
Service replaced by new Angel 22/23 between Chester-Le-Street & Langley Park
Service would interwork with 28/28A at Chester-Le-Street

West Gateshead Loop 97 & 97A
Newcastle Market Street to Newcastle Market Street (Clockwise/Anti-Clockwise via Gateshead, Lobley Hill, Whickham, Swalwell, MetroCentre, Dunston, Knightside Gardens, Lobley Hill and Gateshead

Operating Every 10 Minutes Combined Monday to Saturday and Every 15 Minutes on Sundays
Service will no longer operate between MetroCentre and Eldon Square due to low passenger numbers
Service will merge partially with Coaster 1A/1B between Gateshead and MetroCentre creating loop between Lobley Hill and MetroCentre
Route also rebranded as "West Gateshead Loop"

31 Jul 2021, 8:09 pm #1,529
I'm currently in the middle of an idea involving redesigning the entire Tyne & Wear Bus Network, plus parts of Tynedale, Northumbria & Durham putting all commerical and contracted services under one roof. 

Standout Ideas based on GNE Routes
  • 1 (as route from September) to be renumbered 301).
  • 2 & 2A will be renumbered to 124 (Via Shiney Co-Op, Biddick Woods & Glebe) 125 (Old 2A, will serve Fallowfield Way) & 126 (Current 2)
  • 10 to become standalone and renumbered X83 (will be non-stop from Central Station to Handy Drive again).
  • 10A & 10B to be renumbered 12 & 12A with new Service 12B replacing Nexus R1 & R4.
  • Existing 12 & 12A to be renumbered 31 & 32.
  • 20 renumbered to 534.
  • 21 renumbered to A1.
  • 33 Replaces 39 between Sunderland & Pennywell. Also Extends from Silksworth to Doxford Park & Doxford International. (Will operate every 15 Mins as Service 133). 
  • 35 to be renumbered as 141 and diverted to replace 38 in Ashbrooke & Leechmere then via Silksworth, rejoining normal route at Board Inn, will also now terminate at Houghton-Le-Spring.
  • 39 to be renumbered as 137 (Continues Hourly to Washington replacing Nexus 37), 138 ( Hourly Return of 160/163 Route between Board Inn & New Lambton) & 139. All 3 Will be extended from Sunderland to Pallion Retail Park via Royal Hospital & St Lukes Cross.
  • 49B reinstated alongside 49 & 49A.
  • 55 diverted via Newbottle from A690 and will terminate at South Hetton. Also will be increased to 20 Mins, Merged with Stagecoach E1 & Renumbered as 535.
  • 57, 58 to be joined by new 59 replacing Nexus 68 between Bill Quay & Q.E Hospital then Extending to Deckham Broadway, Gateshead & Newcastle.
  • 61 to be merged with Stagecoach E6 and renumbered as the 536.
  • 97 Will become a Full Circular Again.
  • Q1 & Q2 renumbered G1 & G2 (G for Gateshead Orbit. Will no longer extend from Gateshead to Sage, Baltic, Quayside & Newcastle City Centre.
  • X1 renumbered to i1 & i2 ( 3bph on Both Routes Based on Sep Changes). Branded as iToons.
  • X66 merged with Stagecoach 100 as Circular (Will also replace Q1/Q2 Quayside Section. Renumbered as 66A & 66C.

ASX_Terranova
31 Jul 2021, 8:09 pm #1,529

I'm currently in the middle of an idea involving redesigning the entire Tyne & Wear Bus Network, plus parts of Tynedale, Northumbria & Durham putting all commerical and contracted services under one roof. 

• 2 & 2A will be renumbered to 124 (Via Shiney Co-Op, Biddick Woods & Glebe) 125 (Old 2A, will serve Fallowfield Way) & 126 (Current 2)
  • 10 to become standalone and renumbered X83 (will be non-stop from Central Station to Handy Drive again).
  • 10A & 10B to be renumbered 12 & 12A with new Service 12B replacing Nexus R1 & R4.
  • 20 renumbered to 534.
  • 21 renumbered to A1.
  • 33 Replaces 39 between Sunderland & Pennywell. Also Extends from Silksworth to Doxford Park & Doxford International. (Will operate every 15 Mins as Service 133). 
  • 35 to be renumbered as 141 and diverted to replace 38 in Ashbrooke & Leechmere then via Silksworth, rejoining normal route at Board Inn, will also now terminate at Houghton-Le-Spring.
  • 39 to be renumbered as 137 (Continues Hourly to Washington replacing Nexus 37), 138 ( Hourly Return of 160/163 Route between Board Inn & New Lambton) & 139. All 3 Will be extended from Sunderland to Pallion Retail Park via Royal Hospital & St Lukes Cross.
  • 55 diverted via Newbottle from A690 and will terminate at South Hetton. Also will be increased to 20 Mins, Merged with Stagecoach E1 & Renumbered as 535.
  • 57, 58 to be joined by new 59 replacing Nexus 68 between Bill Quay & Q.E Hospital then Extending to Deckham Broadway, Gateshead & Newcastle.
  • Q1 & Q2 renumbered G1 & G2 (G for Gateshead Orbit. Will no longer extend from Gateshead to Sage, Baltic, Quayside & Newcastle City Centre.
  • X1 renumbered to i1 & i2 ( 3bph on Both Routes Based on Sep Changes). Branded as iToons.
  • X66 merged with Stagecoach 100 as Circular (Will also replace Q1/Q2 Quayside Section. Renumbered as 66A & 66C.

Storx

01 Aug 2021, 8:00 am #1,530
(31 Jul 2021, 8:09 pm)ASX_Terranova I'm currently in the middle of an idea involving redesigning the entire Tyne & Wear Bus Network, plus parts of Tynedale, Northumbria & Durham putting all commerical and contracted services under one roof. 

• 20 renumbered to 534.
  • 21 renumbered to A1.

If you were merging everything together you'd be better merging the cross Newcastle services for example merging stuff like the 46 (Arriva) and 57 (GNE) to give cross city routes. 

Similar to most of Stagecoach's routes but they're East / West. 

Theres loads of routes you could merge potentially, 

44, 45, 46, 55, X47, X87, X88, X63, 10, 11, 30, 31 North of the water. The last 4 to remove the rather weird U shaped routes.

12, 57, 58, 100, Q1/2, 53, 54 South of the water.
Storx
01 Aug 2021, 8:00 am #1,530

(31 Jul 2021, 8:09 pm)ASX_Terranova I'm currently in the middle of an idea involving redesigning the entire Tyne & Wear Bus Network, plus parts of Tynedale, Northumbria & Durham putting all commerical and contracted services under one roof. 

• 20 renumbered to 534.
  • 21 renumbered to A1.

If you were merging everything together you'd be better merging the cross Newcastle services for example merging stuff like the 46 (Arriva) and 57 (GNE) to give cross city routes. 

44, 45, 46, 55, X47, X87, X88, X63, 10, 11, 30, 31 North of the water. The last 4 to remove the rather weird U shaped routes.

Adrian

01 Aug 2021, 9:36 am #1,531
...but as with most of these suggestions: why?
What would be your business case for it, given that this is the world we presently live in.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
01 Aug 2021, 9:36 am #1,531

...but as with most of these suggestions: why?
What would be your business case for it, given that this is the world we presently live in.

01 Aug 2021, 9:39 am #1,532
(01 Aug 2021, 8:00 am)Storx If you were merging everything together you'd be better merging the cross Newcastle services for example merging stuff like the 46 (Arriva) and 57 (GNE) to give cross city routes. 

I've just checked my Spreadsheet:
  • ANE 44 & 45 merged with SNE 36.
  • ANE 55 merged with SNE X87/X88,
  • Earlier Post regarding 25/29/53/54.
  • South Shields 50 (Now 550), 5 (Now 551) & 17  (Which will extend to Boldon Cineworld as 552 via Stanhope Road or 553 via Hospital). 550-553 combine for Total frequency of 7/8 Mins.
  • Return of old Stanley 714 & 715 as 614 & 615.
  • GNE 8 Extended to Lanchester (Renumbered 675, 78 Renumbered 678).
  • ANE Durham 43 (Now 743, Joined by 744 (DCC 52) & 745 which extends from Esh Winning to Tow Law.
  • GNE 1A & 1B still as Now.
  • Nexus TB29 replaced by New 95 to Team Valley.
  • SNE 35 merged with Nexus 6.
  • SNE X78 to operate a circular route via Kirkley Hall, Ponteland, Darras Hall & Medburn before returning to Ponteland. (Will be X77 & X78) New Service X76 will Extend Hourly from Darras Hall to Belsay via Matfen, Ingoe & Wallridge. 
  • Nexus W1 & W2 replaced by Extended GNE X39. 
  • Nexus 333 replaced by New Service X40 (Express route similar to 310). 

(01 Aug 2021, 9:36 am)Adrian ...but as with most of these suggestions: why?

In a lot of cases merging service may reduce overall PVR compared with the 2 services seperately. If you took the 53/53A/54/54A ideas, you are potenally saving the 1 bus allocated to the 29 and you could avoid the need to reinstate the X21 Shorts. Whilst giving alternative solutions to ease issues on the X1 & 21.
Edited 01 Aug 2021, 9:44 am by ASX_Terranova.

ASX_Terranova
01 Aug 2021, 9:39 am #1,532

(01 Aug 2021, 8:00 am)Storx If you were merging everything together you'd be better merging the cross Newcastle services for example merging stuff like the 46 (Arriva) and 57 (GNE) to give cross city routes. 

I've just checked my Spreadsheet:
  • South Shields 50 (Now 550), 5 (Now 551) & 17  (Which will extend to Boldon Cineworld as 552 via Stanhope Road or 553 via Hospital). 550-553 combine for Total frequency of 7/8 Mins.
  • ANE Durham 43 (Now 743, Joined by 744 (DCC 52) & 745 which extends from Esh Winning to Tow Law.
  • SNE X78 to operate a circular route via Kirkley Hall, Ponteland, Darras Hall & Medburn before returning to Ponteland. (Will be X77 & X78) New Service X76 will Extend Hourly from Darras Hall to Belsay via Matfen, Ingoe & Wallridge. 

(01 Aug 2021, 9:36 am)Adrian ...but as with most of these suggestions: why?

In a lot of cases merging service may reduce overall PVR compared with the 2 services seperately. If you took the 53/53A/54/54A ideas, you are potenally saving the 1 bus allocated to the 29 and you could avoid the need to reinstate the X21 Shorts. Whilst giving alternative solutions to ease issues on the X1 & 21.

Storx

01 Aug 2021, 10:13 am #1,533
(01 Aug 2021, 9:39 am)ASX_Terranova I've just checked my Spreadsheet:

See personally I don't really see the point in any of the North of Tyne merges there as they're not offering any new links to anywhere which are useful to anyone. This is to answer Adrian's question aswell.

At least if you merged let's say the 57 and 44/45 together your creating new links such as the South of the Tyne to Gosforth Park for the races with an easy change at Gateshead, depending on what route you use it's not too easy to change at Newcastle as your bus might terminate at Market Street and it's a fair trek across to Haymarket and / or people might not want to Bus / Metro / Bus. You've also sorted the issue with driver changeovers at Riverside as you could move it to Jesmond.

Most of the routes North of Tyne offer something which can be quite difficult for those coming from the South:
52* - Freeman
55 - DWP
X63 - Quorum / Killingworth
30/31/44/45/46 - Gosforth
44/45 - Gosforth Park (Racing)
X47 - Kingston Park (Rugby)

It's similar heading South
57/58/Q1/Q2/53 - Gateshead (Change for everywhere without walking for potentially 10/15 minutes)
12 - Newcastle Business Park
53/54 - Saltwell Park
57 - QE
91* - Team Valley
100 - Metro Centre

*Didn't mention them but they could potentially work aswell.
Storx
01 Aug 2021, 10:13 am #1,533

(01 Aug 2021, 9:39 am)ASX_Terranova I've just checked my Spreadsheet:

See personally I don't really see the point in any of the North of Tyne merges there as they're not offering any new links to anywhere which are useful to anyone. This is to answer Adrian's question aswell.

At least if you merged let's say the 57 and 44/45 together your creating new links such as the South of the Tyne to Gosforth Park for the races with an easy change at Gateshead, depending on what route you use it's not too easy to change at Newcastle as your bus might terminate at Market Street and it's a fair trek across to Haymarket and / or people might not want to Bus / Metro / Bus. You've also sorted the issue with driver changeovers at Riverside as you could move it to Jesmond.

Most of the routes North of Tyne offer something which can be quite difficult for those coming from the South:
52* - Freeman
55 - DWP
X63 - Quorum / Killingworth
30/31/44/45/46 - Gosforth
44/45 - Gosforth Park (Racing)
X47 - Kingston Park (Rugby)

It's similar heading South
57/58/Q1/Q2/53 - Gateshead (Change for everywhere without walking for potentially 10/15 minutes)
12 - Newcastle Business Park
53/54 - Saltwell Park
57 - QE
91* - Team Valley
100 - Metro Centre

*Didn't mention them but they could potentially work aswell.

Adrian

01 Aug 2021, 10:28 am #1,534
(01 Aug 2021, 9:39 am)ASX_Terranova In a lot of cases merging service may reduce overall PVR compared with the 2 services seperately. If you took the 53/53A/54/54A ideas, you are potenally saving the 1 bus allocated to the 29 and you could avoid the need to reinstate the X21 Shorts. Whilst giving alternative solutions to ease issues on the X1 & 21.

But look at the length of your route suggestions. You're taking a huge gamble on reliability, just to save one bus?
Would it even take a bus out of the PVR, like have you taken into account driving hours and breaks?

Adrian
01 Aug 2021, 10:28 am #1,534

(01 Aug 2021, 9:39 am)ASX_Terranova In a lot of cases merging service may reduce overall PVR compared with the 2 services seperately. If you took the 53/53A/54/54A ideas, you are potenally saving the 1 bus allocated to the 29 and you could avoid the need to reinstate the X21 Shorts. Whilst giving alternative solutions to ease issues on the X1 & 21.

But look at the length of your route suggestions. You're taking a huge gamble on reliability, just to save one bus?
Would it even take a bus out of the PVR, like have you taken into account driving hours and breaks?

MurdnunoC

01 Aug 2021, 10:55 am #1,535
(01 Aug 2021, 10:28 am)Adrian But look at the length of your route suggestions. You're taking a huge gamble on reliability, just to save one bus?

And we haven't even begun to consider the amount of investment needed to make these services viable due to the CAZ/ULEZ coming into effect in Newcastle soon.
MurdnunoC
01 Aug 2021, 10:55 am #1,535

(01 Aug 2021, 10:28 am)Adrian But look at the length of your route suggestions. You're taking a huge gamble on reliability, just to save one bus?

And we haven't even begun to consider the amount of investment needed to make these services viable due to the CAZ/ULEZ coming into effect in Newcastle soon.

GNE6312

01 Aug 2021, 2:02 pm #1,536
Here is my idea for a new airlink brand

Washington Airlink
WA1:
Washington
Oxclose
Blackfell
Concord
Usworth
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

Every hour

WA2
Washington
Biddick
Barmston
Concord
Springwell
Wreckenton
Gateshead
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Every hour

WA3
Houghton-le-Spring
Newbottle
Philidelphia
Shiney row
Harrison
Rickleton
Washington
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

Every hour

Sunderland airlink

SA1
Seaham
Ryhope
Tunstall
Thornhill
Sunderland City Centre
Chester Road
Pennywell
Grindon
Hastings Hill
Non-Stop
Newcastle airport

Every hour

SA2

Seaburn
Fulwell
High Southwick
Marley potts
Hylton Red house
Town End Farm
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Downhill

Every hour

Air bus (a bit of a play on the brand name) (all airlink services not in Sunderland or Washington, all run hourly)

A1

Durham
Framwellgate Moor
Pity Me
Chester-Le-Street
Birtley
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

A2
Wreckenton
Allerdene
Low Fell
Gateshead
Newcastle
Non-stop
Newcastle Airport

A3
Consett
Shotley Bridge
Ebchester
Swalwell
Metrocentre
Dunston
Newcastle
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
GNE6312
01 Aug 2021, 2:02 pm #1,536

Here is my idea for a new airlink brand

Washington Airlink
WA1:
Washington
Oxclose
Blackfell
Concord
Usworth
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

Every hour

WA2
Washington
Biddick
Barmston
Concord
Springwell
Wreckenton
Gateshead
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Every hour

WA3
Houghton-le-Spring
Newbottle
Philidelphia
Shiney row
Harrison
Rickleton
Washington
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

Every hour

Sunderland airlink

SA1
Seaham
Ryhope
Tunstall
Thornhill
Sunderland City Centre
Chester Road
Pennywell
Grindon
Hastings Hill
Non-Stop
Newcastle airport

Every hour

SA2

Seaburn
Fulwell
High Southwick
Marley potts
Hylton Red house
Town End Farm
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Downhill

Every hour

Air bus (a bit of a play on the brand name) (all airlink services not in Sunderland or Washington, all run hourly)

A1

Durham
Framwellgate Moor
Pity Me
Chester-Le-Street
Birtley
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

A2
Wreckenton
Allerdene
Low Fell
Gateshead
Newcastle
Non-stop
Newcastle Airport

A3
Consett
Shotley Bridge
Ebchester
Swalwell
Metrocentre
Dunston
Newcastle
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

V514DFT

01 Aug 2021, 3:02 pm #1,537
(01 Aug 2021, 2:02 pm)GNE6312 Here is my idea for a new airlink brand

Washington Airlink
WA1:
Washington
Oxclose
Blackfell
Concord
Usworth
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

Every hour

WA2
Washington
Biddick
Barmston
Concord
Springwell
Wreckenton
Gateshead
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Every hour

WA3
Houghton-le-Spring
Newbottle
Philidelphia
Shiney row
Harrison
Rickleton
Washington
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

Every hour

Sunderland airlink

SA1
Seaham
Ryhope
Tunstall
Thornhill
Sunderland City Centre
Chester Road
Pennywell
Grindon
Hastings Hill
Non-Stop
Newcastle airport

Every hour

SA2

Seaburn
Fulwell
High Southwick
Marley potts
Hylton Red house
Town End Farm
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Downhill

Every hour

A1

Durham
Framwellgate Moor
Pity Me
Chester-Le-Street
Birtley
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

A2
Wreckenton
Allerdene
Low Fell
Gateshead
Newcastle
Non-stop
Newcastle Airport

A3
Consett
Shotley Bridge
Ebchester
Swalwell
Metrocentre
Dunston
Newcastle
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Does there really need to be that many services to Newcastle Airport?

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
01 Aug 2021, 3:02 pm #1,537

Washington Airlink
WA1:
Washington
Oxclose
Blackfell
Concord
Usworth
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

Every hour

WA2
Washington
Biddick
Barmston
Concord
Springwell
Wreckenton
Gateshead
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Every hour

WA3
Houghton-le-Spring
Newbottle
Philidelphia
Shiney row
Harrison
Rickleton
Washington
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

Every hour

Sunderland airlink

SA1
Seaham
Ryhope
Tunstall
Thornhill
Sunderland City Centre
Chester Road
Pennywell
Grindon
Hastings Hill
Non-Stop
Newcastle airport

Every hour

SA2

Seaburn
Fulwell
High Southwick
Marley potts
Hylton Red house
Town End Farm
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Downhill

Every hour

A1

Durham
Framwellgate Moor
Pity Me
Chester-Le-Street
Birtley
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

A2
Wreckenton
Allerdene
Low Fell
Gateshead
Newcastle
Non-stop
Newcastle Airport

A3
Consett
Shotley Bridge
Ebchester
Swalwell
Metrocentre
Dunston
Newcastle
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Does there really need to be that many services to Newcastle Airport?

Kind Regards
Tez

01 Aug 2021, 3:52 pm #1,538
(01 Aug 2021, 3:02 pm)V514DFT Does there really need to be that many services to Newcastle Airport?
No, but I think we've discovered a decent use for the A19/A1(M) Service Station Bus Hubs.

ASX_Terranova
01 Aug 2021, 3:52 pm #1,538

(01 Aug 2021, 3:02 pm)V514DFT Does there really need to be that many services to Newcastle Airport?
No, but I think we've discovered a decent use for the A19/A1(M) Service Station Bus Hubs.

MurdnunoC

01 Aug 2021, 8:48 pm #1,539
(01 Aug 2021, 3:52 pm)ASX_Terranova No, but I think we've discovered a decent use for the A19/A1(M) Service Station Bus Hubs.

Non-existent services for non-existent hubs.

Smashing.
MurdnunoC
01 Aug 2021, 8:48 pm #1,539

(01 Aug 2021, 3:52 pm)ASX_Terranova No, but I think we've discovered a decent use for the A19/A1(M) Service Station Bus Hubs.

Non-existent services for non-existent hubs.

Smashing.

Storx

01 Aug 2021, 9:50 pm #1,540

Washington Airlink
WA1:
Washington
Oxclose
Blackfell
Concord
Usworth
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

Every hour

WA2
Washington
Biddick
Barmston
Concord
Springwell
Wreckenton
Gateshead
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Every hour

WA3
Houghton-le-Spring
Newbottle
Philidelphia
Shiney row
Harrison
Rickleton
Washington
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

Every hour

Sunderland airlink

SA1
Seaham
Ryhope
Tunstall
Thornhill
Sunderland City Centre
Chester Road
Pennywell
Grindon
Hastings Hill
Non-Stop
Newcastle airport

Every hour

SA2

Seaburn
Fulwell
High Southwick
Marley potts
Hylton Red house
Town End Farm
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Downhill

Every hour

A1

Durham
Framwellgate Moor
Pity Me
Chester-Le-Street
Birtley
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

A2
Wreckenton
Allerdene
Low Fell
Gateshead
Newcastle
Non-stop
Newcastle Airport

A3
Consett
Shotley Bridge
Ebchester
Swalwell
Metrocentre
Dunston
Newcastle
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

There's a Metro service to the airport every 12 minutes and for each of those services it would be quicker to change at Newcastle or Gateshead anyway or Sunderland for the two SA services. There's no demand for any buses to the airport from anywhere from the South - you'd be lucky if there is 10 potential customers for each of those services a day if every single person from each of the areas your serving used the bus. You might be able to push one from the North somewhere but even then the old service which used to do that failed (101).
Storx
01 Aug 2021, 9:50 pm #1,540

Washington Airlink
WA1:
Washington
Oxclose
Blackfell
Concord
Usworth
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

Every hour

WA2
Washington
Biddick
Barmston
Concord
Springwell
Wreckenton
Gateshead
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Every hour

WA3
Houghton-le-Spring
Newbottle
Philidelphia
Shiney row
Harrison
Rickleton
Washington
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

Every hour

Sunderland airlink

SA1
Seaham
Ryhope
Tunstall
Thornhill
Sunderland City Centre
Chester Road
Pennywell
Grindon
Hastings Hill
Non-Stop
Newcastle airport

Every hour

SA2

Seaburn
Fulwell
High Southwick
Marley potts
Hylton Red house
Town End Farm
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport
Downhill

Every hour

A1

Durham
Framwellgate Moor
Pity Me
Chester-Le-Street
Birtley
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

A2
Wreckenton
Allerdene
Low Fell
Gateshead
Newcastle
Non-stop
Newcastle Airport

A3
Consett
Shotley Bridge
Ebchester
Swalwell
Metrocentre
Dunston
Newcastle
Non-Stop
Newcastle Airport

There's a Metro service to the airport every 12 minutes and for each of those services it would be quicker to change at Newcastle or Gateshead anyway or Sunderland for the two SA services. There's no demand for any buses to the airport from anywhere from the South - you'd be lucky if there is 10 potential customers for each of those services a day if every single person from each of the areas your serving used the bus. You might be able to push one from the North somewhere but even then the old service which used to do that failed (101).

Pages (150) Previous 176 77 78150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average