Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 1112 113 114150 Next
13 May 2022, 8:51 am #2,241
(12 May 2022, 8:37 pm)Ambassador Anyone considered what the impact of the Eighton Lodge White Elephant….I mean park and ride will have on services?

Can’t see GNE amending their crown jewel of the 21 and when you’re that close to Newcastle….why would you park the car?

Wasn't the original plan for GNE to serve it with their existing buses that go past?
Unless that's changed now there's the dedicated buses
streetdeckfan
13 May 2022, 8:51 am #2,241

(12 May 2022, 8:37 pm)Ambassador Anyone considered what the impact of the Eighton Lodge White Elephant….I mean park and ride will have on services?

Can’t see GNE amending their crown jewel of the 21 and when you’re that close to Newcastle….why would you park the car?

Wasn't the original plan for GNE to serve it with their existing buses that go past?
Unless that's changed now there's the dedicated buses

13 May 2022, 11:07 am #2,242
(13 May 2022, 6:46 am)Storx Great Park P&R is pointless. There's one 1 mile down the road at the Regent Centre which would be twice as quick.

There's no need for it there. 

P&R's don't work anyway unless it's somewhere like York or Durham where parking is difficult / it's hard to get into the place your going to which isn't Newcastle by any stretch of the imagination. Also no-one is going to park at one to then use a bus which takes longer than driving to the same place. 

Its a waste of money by out of touch councillers.

Regent Centre has a very poor car park. I have a small SUV and I struggle to get it around all the ramps, so that's enough to not use it again. I'm against the 'pay twice' way of park and rides too.
omnicity4659
13 May 2022, 11:07 am #2,242

(13 May 2022, 6:46 am)Storx Great Park P&R is pointless. There's one 1 mile down the road at the Regent Centre which would be twice as quick.

There's no need for it there. 

P&R's don't work anyway unless it's somewhere like York or Durham where parking is difficult / it's hard to get into the place your going to which isn't Newcastle by any stretch of the imagination. Also no-one is going to park at one to then use a bus which takes longer than driving to the same place. 

Its a waste of money by out of touch councillers.

Regent Centre has a very poor car park. I have a small SUV and I struggle to get it around all the ramps, so that's enough to not use it again. I'm against the 'pay twice' way of park and rides too.

13 May 2022, 11:25 am #2,243
(13 May 2022, 11:07 am)omnicity4659 Regent Centre has a very poor car park. I have a small SUV and I struggle to get it around all the ramps, so that's enough to not use it again. I'm against the 'pay twice' way of park and rides too.
The main reason we use the Durham P&R is because it's £2 for parking and a day ticket on the bus. Well, technically parking is free, but you have to have a bus ticket

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
13 May 2022, 11:25 am #2,243

(13 May 2022, 11:07 am)omnicity4659 Regent Centre has a very poor car park. I have a small SUV and I struggle to get it around all the ramps, so that's enough to not use it again. I'm against the 'pay twice' way of park and rides too.
The main reason we use the Durham P&R is because it's £2 for parking and a day ticket on the bus. Well, technically parking is free, but you have to have a bus ticket

13 May 2022, 12:58 pm #2,244
(13 May 2022, 11:25 am)streetdeckfan The main reason we use the Durham P&R is because it's £2 for parking and a day ticket on the bus. Well, technically parking is free, but you have to have a bus ticket

Always found Durham P&R to be a good deal. The tickets were valid on the Cathedral Bus the last time I used it too.

£1.20 to park at Regent Centre and £2.80 return on Arriva... £4 isn't that bad but having to pay twice would be the hassle. Especially when barely any car parks have card readers.
omnicity4659
13 May 2022, 12:58 pm #2,244

(13 May 2022, 11:25 am)streetdeckfan The main reason we use the Durham P&R is because it's £2 for parking and a day ticket on the bus. Well, technically parking is free, but you have to have a bus ticket

Always found Durham P&R to be a good deal. The tickets were valid on the Cathedral Bus the last time I used it too.

£1.20 to park at Regent Centre and £2.80 return on Arriva... £4 isn't that bad but having to pay twice would be the hassle. Especially when barely any car parks have card readers.

Storx

13 May 2022, 1:52 pm #2,245

Aye that's a fair point but surely it would be cheaper to just rebuild the car park there (tbf the whole Metro Station could do with being redone the interchange is pretty crap compared to others) rather than having a duplicate bus service.
Storx
13 May 2022, 1:52 pm #2,245

Aye that's a fair point but surely it would be cheaper to just rebuild the car park there (tbf the whole Metro Station could do with being redone the interchange is pretty crap compared to others) rather than having a duplicate bus service.

Unber43

14 May 2022, 4:05 pm #2,246
39/39A - Doxford Park - Ryhope - Grangetown - Park Lane Stand E - Hylton Road - Hospital - Pennywell 
             Pennywell - Hospital - Hylton Road - Stand H - Grangetown - Ryhope - Doxford Park 

2/3 - Sunderland (stand J) - Washington (same route) One would do the 82 route from Washington one would do 85. every 12 mins, 3x 2's, 2 3's
42 - Silksworth - Grangetown - Sunderland Stand F 

33 Silksworth - Barns - Sunderland Winter Gardens - Sunderland Stand A - Barns - Silkworth 

20 - Durham - Sunderland 

19 - Hebburn - Sunderland Via South Shields (every 15 mins between Sunderland & South Shields)

7/9 9 - Sunderland (stand R)  - Bolden - jarrow (every 30 mins)

7 - Sunderland - Hylton Castle - Follingsby - Heworth
Unber43
14 May 2022, 4:05 pm #2,246

39/39A - Doxford Park - Ryhope - Grangetown - Park Lane Stand E - Hylton Road - Hospital - Pennywell 
             Pennywell - Hospital - Hylton Road - Stand H - Grangetown - Ryhope - Doxford Park 

2/3 - Sunderland (stand J) - Washington (same route) One would do the 82 route from Washington one would do 85. every 12 mins, 3x 2's, 2 3's

33 Silksworth - Barns - Sunderland Winter Gardens - Sunderland Stand A - Barns - Silkworth 

20 - Durham - Sunderland 

19 - Hebburn - Sunderland Via South Shields (every 15 mins between Sunderland & South Shields)

cbma06

14 May 2022, 4:26 pm #2,247
(14 May 2022, 4:05 pm)Unber43 39/39A - Doxford Park - Ryhope - Grangetown - Park Lane Stand E - Hylton Road - Hospital - Pennywell 

20 - Durham - Sunderland 

Can’t see the 39 going via Hylton road as this always been stagecoach territory.

I’m surprised that the Sunderland to pennywell section hasn’t been withdrawn yet, the route is covered by other gne services and stagecoach services, passengers on nookside can get other buses from the broadway

I’m surprised that service 5/9/26 hasn’t been moved to stagecoach unless there are contracted services

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
14 May 2022, 4:26 pm #2,247

(14 May 2022, 4:05 pm)Unber43 39/39A - Doxford Park - Ryhope - Grangetown - Park Lane Stand E - Hylton Road - Hospital - Pennywell 

20 - Durham - Sunderland 

Can’t see the 39 going via Hylton road as this always been stagecoach territory.

I’m surprised that the Sunderland to pennywell section hasn’t been withdrawn yet, the route is covered by other gne services and stagecoach services, passengers on nookside can get other buses from the broadway

I’m surprised that service 5/9/26 hasn’t been moved to stagecoach unless there are contracted services

Unber43

14 May 2022, 4:29 pm #2,248
(14 May 2022, 4:26 pm)cbma06 Can’t see the 39 going via Hylton road as this always been stagecoach territory.

Well Stagecoach South Shield aren't exactly doing wonders with their passenger numbers.

Honestly I think GNE could take over SC Sunderland network if they had the money.
Edited 14 May 2022, 4:35 pm by Unber43.
Unber43
14 May 2022, 4:29 pm #2,248

(14 May 2022, 4:26 pm)cbma06 Can’t see the 39 going via Hylton road as this always been stagecoach territory.

Well Stagecoach South Shield aren't exactly doing wonders with their passenger numbers.

Honestly I think GNE could take over SC Sunderland network if they had the money.

cbma06

14 May 2022, 4:43 pm #2,249
(14 May 2022, 4:29 pm)Unber43 Well Stagecoach South Shield aren't exactly doing wonders with their passenger numbers.

Can’t see stagecoach giving in Sunderland operations

Gne already asked the availability of stagecoach operations in South Shields and Hartlepool, Hartlepool was turned down flat from the start, and South Shields was 80/20 in stagecoach favour but nothing came out of it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if shields was closed down with all operations running from Sunderland as there’s enough room

On the service 7 suggestion:

I’m keeping that number available when the 78 gets renumbered to the 7, which should of been done years ago when the X8 got renumbered as a 8

cbma06
14 May 2022, 4:43 pm #2,249

(14 May 2022, 4:29 pm)Unber43 Well Stagecoach South Shield aren't exactly doing wonders with their passenger numbers.

Can’t see stagecoach giving in Sunderland operations

Gne already asked the availability of stagecoach operations in South Shields and Hartlepool, Hartlepool was turned down flat from the start, and South Shields was 80/20 in stagecoach favour but nothing came out of it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if shields was closed down with all operations running from Sunderland as there’s enough room

On the service 7 suggestion:

I’m keeping that number available when the 78 gets renumbered to the 7, which should of been done years ago when the X8 got renumbered as a 8

Unber43

14 May 2022, 4:48 pm #2,250
(14 May 2022, 4:43 pm)cbma06 Can’t see stagecoach giving in Sunderland operations

if GNE duplicate all of SC routes with cheaper and advertised fares or the same fares im pretty sure they would pick GNE over SC. I know my friends who have to use SC and there family if GNE were to run routes in that area they would 100% switch.

Last time i heart SC in Hartlepool's fleet are dying with mechanics trying there best. SC would probs give GNE Hartlepool and South Sheilds ops for the right money. imo it would be better for passengers.
Unber43
14 May 2022, 4:48 pm #2,250

(14 May 2022, 4:43 pm)cbma06 Can’t see stagecoach giving in Sunderland operations

if GNE duplicate all of SC routes with cheaper and advertised fares or the same fares im pretty sure they would pick GNE over SC. I know my friends who have to use SC and there family if GNE were to run routes in that area they would 100% switch.

Last time i heart SC in Hartlepool's fleet are dying with mechanics trying there best. SC would probs give GNE Hartlepool and South Sheilds ops for the right money. imo it would be better for passengers.

cbma06

14 May 2022, 5:20 pm #2,251
(14 May 2022, 4:48 pm)Unber43 if GNE duplicate all of SC routes with cheaper and advertised fares or the same fares im pretty sure they would pick GNE over SC. I know my friends who have to use SC and there family if GNE were to run routes in that area they would 100% switch.

GNE won’t go onto stagecoach routes , there have to work together as competition is dead in the water, especially when the bus companies have to pay share holders as profits comes first before passengers and the world has changed

Don’t know how true this was but a few decades ago as a was little at the time, but when stagecoach entered first territory in Scotland, first bus decided to fight back and started to mass loads of buses on land in Gateshead area to start running competition with stagecoach Newcastle, stagecoach pulled out of first territory in Scotland, I think this was only a few years after stagecoach purchased busways, maybe there some members on here might shed some light on this.

cbma06
14 May 2022, 5:20 pm #2,251

(14 May 2022, 4:48 pm)Unber43 if GNE duplicate all of SC routes with cheaper and advertised fares or the same fares im pretty sure they would pick GNE over SC. I know my friends who have to use SC and there family if GNE were to run routes in that area they would 100% switch.

GNE won’t go onto stagecoach routes , there have to work together as competition is dead in the water, especially when the bus companies have to pay share holders as profits comes first before passengers and the world has changed

Don’t know how true this was but a few decades ago as a was little at the time, but when stagecoach entered first territory in Scotland, first bus decided to fight back and started to mass loads of buses on land in Gateshead area to start running competition with stagecoach Newcastle, stagecoach pulled out of first territory in Scotland, I think this was only a few years after stagecoach purchased busways, maybe there some members on here might shed some light on this.

LVK 404L

15 May 2022, 4:28 pm #2,252
Be amazed if GNE actually opted to take over SNE South Shields ops.

Given GNE or rather its predecessors closed down depots in both Jarrow and South Shields and vastly reduced their sizeable (at both times) ops.
LVK 404L
15 May 2022, 4:28 pm #2,252

Be amazed if GNE actually opted to take over SNE South Shields ops.

Given GNE or rather its predecessors closed down depots in both Jarrow and South Shields and vastly reduced their sizeable (at both times) ops.

F114TML

16 May 2022, 8:00 pm #2,253
Had a thought about if the Peterlee network could be changed for the better (since there's a few on here think it's at risk). I've numbered the new routes in the 86-89 series so hopefully the marketing/branding people can have a field day with the 80s puns.

62A and 201:
• Merged to form a new half hourly route 88.
• Additional fast journeys between Easington and Bracken Hill provided on route X88 in the peak.

87:
• New route from Horden Station to Wingate, via Town Centre and Shotton Colliery.

89:
• New route between Horden Station and Shotton Hall via Thorntree Gill, Town Centre and Oakerisde, replacing part of routes 209 and 210.

206:
• Renumbered to 86.
• Extended to Horden Station, via Crawford Avenue and Horden Hall.

209 and 210:
• Withdrawn, and replaced by other routes.

Services 86 and 89 interwork. The 87 is timed to co-incide with the trains.

[Image: unknown.png]
Attached Files
.pdf
GNE-PeterleeLocals-Proposal.pdf
Size 368.34 KB / Downloads 13
F114TML
16 May 2022, 8:00 pm #2,253

Had a thought about if the Peterlee network could be changed for the better (since there's a few on here think it's at risk). I've numbered the new routes in the 86-89 series so hopefully the marketing/branding people can have a field day with the 80s puns.

62A and 201:
• Additional fast journeys between Easington and Bracken Hill provided on route X88 in the peak.

87:
• New route from Horden Station to Wingate, via Town Centre and Shotton Colliery.

89:
• New route between Horden Station and Shotton Hall via Thorntree Gill, Town Centre and Oakerisde, replacing part of routes 209 and 210.

206:
• Renumbered to 86.

209 and 210:

Attached Files
.pdf
GNE-PeterleeLocals-Proposal.pdf
Size 368.34 KB / Downloads 13

Unber43

16 May 2022, 8:06 pm #2,254
(16 May 2022, 8:00 pm)F114TML Had a thought about if the Peterlee network could be changed for the better (since there's a few on here think it's at risk). I've numbered the new routes in the 86-89 series so hopefully the marketing/branding people can have a field day with the 80s puns.

62A and 201:

87:

89:

206:
• Renumbered to 86.

209 and 210:

Why 80's? Surely 40's or 60's would be better.
Unber43
16 May 2022, 8:06 pm #2,254

(16 May 2022, 8:00 pm)F114TML Had a thought about if the Peterlee network could be changed for the better (since there's a few on here think it's at risk). I've numbered the new routes in the 86-89 series so hopefully the marketing/branding people can have a field day with the 80s puns.

62A and 201:

87:

89:

206:
• Renumbered to 86.

209 and 210:

Why 80's? Surely 40's or 60's would be better.

F114TML

16 May 2022, 8:12 pm #2,255
(16 May 2022, 8:06 pm)Unber43 Why 80's? Surely 40's or 60's would be better.
I mean, 43, 44, 45 and 46 could work. Really I was just looking on the GNE website for a large enough run of 2-digit numbers (since operators these days hate 3-digits unless it also has a letter, apparently), and found 86-89 free (didn't really fancy having a gap in them, like how it'd be with the 60s: 63, 64, 66, 68). Didn't really want to duplicate any other numbers.

Btw, that map and timetable was drawn up before the latest round of cuts were announced. Only just got round to posting it here.
F114TML
16 May 2022, 8:12 pm #2,255

(16 May 2022, 8:06 pm)Unber43 Why 80's? Surely 40's or 60's would be better.
I mean, 43, 44, 45 and 46 could work. Really I was just looking on the GNE website for a large enough run of 2-digit numbers (since operators these days hate 3-digits unless it also has a letter, apparently), and found 86-89 free (didn't really fancy having a gap in them, like how it'd be with the 60s: 63, 64, 66, 68). Didn't really want to duplicate any other numbers.

Btw, that map and timetable was drawn up before the latest round of cuts were announced. Only just got round to posting it here.

Unber43

16 May 2022, 8:20 pm #2,256
(16 May 2022, 8:12 pm)F114TML I mean, 43, 44, 45 and 46 could work. Really I was just looking on the GNE website for a large enough run of 2-digit numbers (since operators these days hate 3-digits unless it also has a letter, apparently), and found 86-89 free (didn't really fancy having a gap in them, like how it'd be with the 60s: 63, 64, 66, 68). Didn't really want to duplicate any other numbers.

Fair, I just wondered if there was any history around Peterlee Services and the 80's digits
Unber43
16 May 2022, 8:20 pm #2,256

(16 May 2022, 8:12 pm)F114TML I mean, 43, 44, 45 and 46 could work. Really I was just looking on the GNE website for a large enough run of 2-digit numbers (since operators these days hate 3-digits unless it also has a letter, apparently), and found 86-89 free (didn't really fancy having a gap in them, like how it'd be with the 60s: 63, 64, 66, 68). Didn't really want to duplicate any other numbers.

Fair, I just wondered if there was any history around Peterlee Services and the 80's digits

F114TML

16 May 2022, 8:30 pm #2,257
(16 May 2022, 8:20 pm)Unber43 Fair, I just wondered if there was any history around Peterlee Services and the 80's digits
Not that I'm aware of. Actually I think they've always been numbered in the 200-series (certainly have for the last 20 years at least) but GNE's subsequent messing around with it after they bought Jayline has left the area with more non-200-series buses than 200-series buses that it just felt pointless, and given the fact these changes would basically mean the old Jayline network no longer exists, kinda felt a bit wrong numbering them in the 200s.

Here's the 201 in the 90s, for example: https://thetransportlibrary.co.uk/image/...NBC-21.jpg
F114TML
16 May 2022, 8:30 pm #2,257

(16 May 2022, 8:20 pm)Unber43 Fair, I just wondered if there was any history around Peterlee Services and the 80's digits
Not that I'm aware of. Actually I think they've always been numbered in the 200-series (certainly have for the last 20 years at least) but GNE's subsequent messing around with it after they bought Jayline has left the area with more non-200-series buses than 200-series buses that it just felt pointless, and given the fact these changes would basically mean the old Jayline network no longer exists, kinda felt a bit wrong numbering them in the 200s.

Here's the 201 in the 90s, for example: https://thetransportlibrary.co.uk/image/...NBC-21.jpg

Unber43

16 May 2022, 8:34 pm #2,258
(16 May 2022, 8:30 pm)F114TML Not that I'm aware of. Actually I think they've always been numbered in the 200-series (certainly have for the last 20 years at least) but GNE's subsequent messing around with it after they bought Jayline has left the area with more non-200-series buses than 200-series buses that it just felt pointless, and given the fact these changes would basically mean the old Jayline network no longer exists, kinda felt a bit wrong numbering them in the 200s.

After the 202 was put to the 62, 208 was withdrawn, 206 withdrawn, then brought back, then withdrawn again I think, then brought back, I like the 200 series naming for the Peterlee Services. 

And then you had 265, which is now the 65
Unber43
16 May 2022, 8:34 pm #2,258

(16 May 2022, 8:30 pm)F114TML Not that I'm aware of. Actually I think they've always been numbered in the 200-series (certainly have for the last 20 years at least) but GNE's subsequent messing around with it after they bought Jayline has left the area with more non-200-series buses than 200-series buses that it just felt pointless, and given the fact these changes would basically mean the old Jayline network no longer exists, kinda felt a bit wrong numbering them in the 200s.

After the 202 was put to the 62, 208 was withdrawn, 206 withdrawn, then brought back, then withdrawn again I think, then brought back, I like the 200 series naming for the Peterlee Services. 

And then you had 265, which is now the 65

F114TML

16 May 2022, 8:48 pm #2,259
The 200-series made much more sense when the network looked like this IMO
Plus the DCC-operated 205 and 215.
F114TML
16 May 2022, 8:48 pm #2,259

The 200-series made much more sense when the network looked like this IMO

Unber43

16 May 2022, 8:51 pm #2,260
(16 May 2022, 8:48 pm)F114TML The 200-series made much more sense when the network looked like this IMO
I wish peterlee had that demand. 203 really could be introduced again to replace the 71.
Unber43
16 May 2022, 8:51 pm #2,260

(16 May 2022, 8:48 pm)F114TML The 200-series made much more sense when the network looked like this IMO
I wish peterlee had that demand. 203 really could be introduced again to replace the 71.

Pages (150) Previous 1112 113 114150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average