Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 1114 115 116150 Next
Rob44

19 May 2022, 3:01 pm #2,281
(19 May 2022, 11:57 am)Storx Not think they'll bin off the 23? I have a feeling they might and subsidise the 28 instead pretty much throughout with maybe a change of route between Wrekenton and Newcastle (not sure what mind). There's quite a few villages without a bus service on the route. Wrekenton -> Birtley, High H'hold, Pelton Fell etc.

I have a feeling they might try something with the 29 with the other side of the route as it similar serves a lot of areas without a bus with it extended to Birtley then doing the other part of the 23 down to Barley Moor.

Saltwell Park Road doesn't have any buses now either since the 28A, 29 and 69 have all gone so something needs to go around there.

Not a clue what they'll do with the 25/82 though tbh subsidise the new 1 extension to Washington via the 25 then 82 route omitting the estates maybe?
Remember the first 29' of the day is ran but gateshead central taxis so I wouldnt be suprise if they keep the 29 as is. Was a secured service before gne decided to run it commercial for the reason of....
Rob44
19 May 2022, 3:01 pm #2,281

(19 May 2022, 11:57 am)Storx Not think they'll bin off the 23? I have a feeling they might and subsidise the 28 instead pretty much throughout with maybe a change of route between Wrekenton and Newcastle (not sure what mind). There's quite a few villages without a bus service on the route. Wrekenton -> Birtley, High H'hold, Pelton Fell etc.

I have a feeling they might try something with the 29 with the other side of the route as it similar serves a lot of areas without a bus with it extended to Birtley then doing the other part of the 23 down to Barley Moor.

Saltwell Park Road doesn't have any buses now either since the 28A, 29 and 69 have all gone so something needs to go around there.

Not a clue what they'll do with the 25/82 though tbh subsidise the new 1 extension to Washington via the 25 then 82 route omitting the estates maybe?
Remember the first 29' of the day is ran but gateshead central taxis so I wouldnt be suprise if they keep the 29 as is. Was a secured service before gne decided to run it commercial for the reason of....

Storx

19 May 2022, 5:32 pm #2,282
(19 May 2022, 3:01 pm)Rob44 Remember the first 29' of the day is ran but gateshead central taxis so I wouldnt be suprise if they keep the 29 as is. Was a secured service before gne decided to run it commercial for the reason of....

Aye I know but the 28A was commercial then and Kibblesworth will moan without it's link to Birtley.

tbh wonder if we might see the 28B be the route, it's the subsidised route in the evening anyway - https://bustimes.org/services/28b-cheste...irtley#map
Storx
19 May 2022, 5:32 pm #2,282

(19 May 2022, 3:01 pm)Rob44 Remember the first 29' of the day is ran but gateshead central taxis so I wouldnt be suprise if they keep the 29 as is. Was a secured service before gne decided to run it commercial for the reason of....

Aye I know but the 28A was commercial then and Kibblesworth will moan without it's link to Birtley.

tbh wonder if we might see the 28B be the route, it's the subsidised route in the evening anyway - https://bustimes.org/services/28b-cheste...irtley#map

V514DFT

19 May 2022, 9:43 pm #2,283
(18 May 2022, 6:49 pm)Storx Don't think it's practical personally it'll be too long.

Extending some 21's would argubly be the best and cheapest solution for the 25 if they work together or it'll terminate at CLS with connections.
I can imagine some super route with the 25/82 doing the other half of the route with the 23 being binned off.
Then for 28/29 just the 28A being subsidised which will be an awfully long journey from Ouston but it's better than nothing. There's nothing down Saltwell Park etc either.
Thats a shame,ahhh well it was worth asking the question

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
19 May 2022, 9:43 pm #2,283

(18 May 2022, 6:49 pm)Storx Don't think it's practical personally it'll be too long.

Extending some 21's would argubly be the best and cheapest solution for the 25 if they work together or it'll terminate at CLS with connections.
I can imagine some super route with the 25/82 doing the other half of the route with the 23 being binned off.
Then for 28/29 just the 28A being subsidised which will be an awfully long journey from Ouston but it's better than nothing. There's nothing down Saltwell Park etc either.
Thats a shame,ahhh well it was worth asking the question

Kind Regards
Tez

col87

20 May 2022, 9:29 am #2,284
(14 May 2022, 4:48 pm)Unber43 if GNE duplicate all of SC routes with cheaper and advertised fares or the same fares im pretty sure they would pick GNE over SC. I know my friends who have to use SC and there family if GNE were to run routes in that area they would 100% switch.

Last time i heart SC in Hartlepool's fleet are dying with mechanics trying there best. SC would probs give GNE Hartlepool and South Sheilds ops for the right money. imo it would be better for passengers.
Yes a lot of the fleet is knackered and all major work is either done at Stockton or Sunderland now. It’s not uncommon to see buses that have broken down or ticket machines not working. Stagecoach have cut services right down as well with most of the town not having a service at all after 6:30 on an evening. A few years ago Go North East seemed a good option but now am so sure though.  They don’t seem interested in the town they started services like the X6 and then pulled it after a year despite it doing ok and pulled the 55 when it just needed a few changes to shorten the journey time.  Add to the fact that Go north east seems a complete mess at the minute with services constantly getting messed around with then they could possibly worse than Stagecoach currently are because at the very least Stagecoach is a stable network even if the fleet is a bit rubbish.
col87
20 May 2022, 9:29 am #2,284

(14 May 2022, 4:48 pm)Unber43 if GNE duplicate all of SC routes with cheaper and advertised fares or the same fares im pretty sure they would pick GNE over SC. I know my friends who have to use SC and there family if GNE were to run routes in that area they would 100% switch.

Last time i heart SC in Hartlepool's fleet are dying with mechanics trying there best. SC would probs give GNE Hartlepool and South Sheilds ops for the right money. imo it would be better for passengers.
Yes a lot of the fleet is knackered and all major work is either done at Stockton or Sunderland now. It’s not uncommon to see buses that have broken down or ticket machines not working. Stagecoach have cut services right down as well with most of the town not having a service at all after 6:30 on an evening. A few years ago Go North East seemed a good option but now am so sure though.  They don’t seem interested in the town they started services like the X6 and then pulled it after a year despite it doing ok and pulled the 55 when it just needed a few changes to shorten the journey time.  Add to the fact that Go north east seems a complete mess at the minute with services constantly getting messed around with then they could possibly worse than Stagecoach currently are because at the very least Stagecoach is a stable network even if the fleet is a bit rubbish.

L469 YVK

20 May 2022, 12:20 pm #2,285
Sunday X10..........why don't GNE run with a single deck instead but maintain an hourly daytime frequency to reduce operating costs?
L469 YVK
20 May 2022, 12:20 pm #2,285

Sunday X10..........why don't GNE run with a single deck instead but maintain an hourly daytime frequency to reduce operating costs?

cbma06

20 May 2022, 12:27 pm #2,286
There’s no demand for an hourly x10 on a Sunday, don’t forget the x10 used to be every 2 hours on a Sunday beforehand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
20 May 2022, 12:27 pm #2,286

There’s no demand for an hourly x10 on a Sunday, don’t forget the x10 used to be every 2 hours on a Sunday beforehand

Unber43

20 May 2022, 12:33 pm #2,287
25 serves Team Valley after Wreckton
Unber43
20 May 2022, 12:33 pm #2,287

25 serves Team Valley after Wreckton

DeltaMan

20 May 2022, 12:50 pm #2,288
(20 May 2022, 12:20 pm)L469 YVK Sunday X10..........why don't GNE run with a single deck instead but maintain an hourly daytime frequency to reduce operating costs?
The main day to day cost will always be the driver.
DeltaMan
20 May 2022, 12:50 pm #2,288

(20 May 2022, 12:20 pm)L469 YVK Sunday X10..........why don't GNE run with a single deck instead but maintain an hourly daytime frequency to reduce operating costs?
The main day to day cost will always be the driver.

L469 YVK

20 May 2022, 3:11 pm #2,289
(20 May 2022, 12:50 pm)DeltaMan The main day to day cost will always be the driver.
Yeah, but taking steps such as allocating a single decker over a double is a start.
L469 YVK
20 May 2022, 3:11 pm #2,289

(20 May 2022, 12:50 pm)DeltaMan The main day to day cost will always be the driver.
Yeah, but taking steps such as allocating a single decker over a double is a start.

cbma06

20 May 2022, 3:22 pm #2,290
(20 May 2022, 3:11 pm)L469 YVK Yeah, but taking steps such as allocating a single decker over a double is a start.

The company will still be paying the running cost if it’s a single decker or a double decker , plus paying drivers wages for more buses that gets used on that day, with practically no income from passengers to cover all these costs.

New GNE slogan

#Don’t forget GNE is a business for profit and not for passengers

cbma06
20 May 2022, 3:22 pm #2,290

(20 May 2022, 3:11 pm)L469 YVK Yeah, but taking steps such as allocating a single decker over a double is a start.

The company will still be paying the running cost if it’s a single decker or a double decker , plus paying drivers wages for more buses that gets used on that day, with practically no income from passengers to cover all these costs.

New GNE slogan

#Don’t forget GNE is a business for profit and not for passengers

Malarkey

20 May 2022, 4:40 pm #2,291

I think Go North East should consider withdrawing the X-Lines X10 Range of tickets in order to improve passenger numbers on the service as I think since this was introduced when the coaches arrived it has had a negative impact on the service, a day ticket on the X10 currently is £2.50 more than an All Zones which is £6, the latter is more beneficial to the paying customer and I would not be surprised if those who travel between Dalton Park and Peterlee opt to use the X6 instead because it is cheaper for them to do so, or alternatively using a County Durham Day Ticket at £5.30 on the app or £5.50 on the bus. Quite shocking when you look at it and you see at higher end that it costs £3.20 more to use the X10 over other local services that provide the same links. It's no wonder Go North East are looking at reducing frequency on a Sunday which they wouldn't need to do if they made this simply change.
Malarkey
20 May 2022, 4:40 pm #2,291

I think Go North East should consider withdrawing the X-Lines X10 Range of tickets in order to improve passenger numbers on the service as I think since this was introduced when the coaches arrived it has had a negative impact on the service, a day ticket on the X10 currently is £2.50 more than an All Zones which is £6, the latter is more beneficial to the paying customer and I would not be surprised if those who travel between Dalton Park and Peterlee opt to use the X6 instead because it is cheaper for them to do so, or alternatively using a County Durham Day Ticket at £5.30 on the app or £5.50 on the bus. Quite shocking when you look at it and you see at higher end that it costs £3.20 more to use the X10 over other local services that provide the same links. It's no wonder Go North East are looking at reducing frequency on a Sunday which they wouldn't need to do if they made this simply change.

N1cholas

20 May 2022, 4:50 pm #2,292
(20 May 2022, 4:40 pm)Malarkey I think Go North East should consider withdrawing the X-Lines X10 Range of tickets in order to improve passenger numbers on the service as I think since this was introduced when the coaches arrived it has had a negative impact on the service, a day ticket on the X10 currently is £2.50 more than an All Zones which is £6, the latter is more beneficial to the paying customer and I would not be surprised if those who travel between Dalton Park and Peterlee opt to use the X6 instead because it is cheaper for them to do so, or alternatively using a County Durham Day Ticket at £5.30 on the app or £5.50 on the bus. Quite shocking when you look at it and you see at higher end that it costs £3.20 more to use the X10 over other local services that provide the same links. It's no wonder Go North East are looking at reducing frequency on a Sunday which they wouldn't need to do if they made this simply change.
From peterlee north to Newcastle all day tickets are accepted, the X10 ticket is now only for travel south of peterlee to Middlesbrough
N1cholas
20 May 2022, 4:50 pm #2,292

(20 May 2022, 4:40 pm)Malarkey I think Go North East should consider withdrawing the X-Lines X10 Range of tickets in order to improve passenger numbers on the service as I think since this was introduced when the coaches arrived it has had a negative impact on the service, a day ticket on the X10 currently is £2.50 more than an All Zones which is £6, the latter is more beneficial to the paying customer and I would not be surprised if those who travel between Dalton Park and Peterlee opt to use the X6 instead because it is cheaper for them to do so, or alternatively using a County Durham Day Ticket at £5.30 on the app or £5.50 on the bus. Quite shocking when you look at it and you see at higher end that it costs £3.20 more to use the X10 over other local services that provide the same links. It's no wonder Go North East are looking at reducing frequency on a Sunday which they wouldn't need to do if they made this simply change.
From peterlee north to Newcastle all day tickets are accepted, the X10 ticket is now only for travel south of peterlee to Middlesbrough

Andreos1

20 May 2022, 4:52 pm #2,293
(20 May 2022, 4:50 pm)N1cholas From peterlee north to Newcastle all day tickets are accepted, the X10 ticket is now only for travel south of peterlee to Middlesbrough
It would be interesting to see how that structure compares to the actual flow, demand and the areas where they would benefit from growth.

They're competing with the train south of Dalton Park and I'd guess that's the area where they would be best suited to grow. Penalising those passengers isn't going to allow that growth.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
20 May 2022, 4:52 pm #2,293

(20 May 2022, 4:50 pm)N1cholas From peterlee north to Newcastle all day tickets are accepted, the X10 ticket is now only for travel south of peterlee to Middlesbrough
It would be interesting to see how that structure compares to the actual flow, demand and the areas where they would benefit from growth.

They're competing with the train south of Dalton Park and I'd guess that's the area where they would be best suited to grow. Penalising those passengers isn't going to allow that growth.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Malarkey

20 May 2022, 6:14 pm #2,294

That's odd as I was denied travel a week or so back with an All Zones up to Dalton Park from Gateshead, Driver said I was to pay for the X10 Ticket or a Single, I went for the X1 instead albeit a longer journey time but saved me dipping into my pocket again.
Malarkey
20 May 2022, 6:14 pm #2,294

That's odd as I was denied travel a week or so back with an All Zones up to Dalton Park from Gateshead, Driver said I was to pay for the X10 Ticket or a Single, I went for the X1 instead albeit a longer journey time but saved me dipping into my pocket again.

N1cholas

20 May 2022, 6:36 pm #2,295
All Zones
For unlimited travel on Go North East services within County Durham, Northumberland and Tyne & Wear. Not valid to travel to or from Tees Valley on X-lines X10 - to make this journey see our range of X10 Saver tickets.
Maybe the driver did not realise this had changed when they changed all the tickets, if it scanned on the machine then it should have been a clue to the driver it was valid
N1cholas
20 May 2022, 6:36 pm #2,295

All Zones
For unlimited travel on Go North East services within County Durham, Northumberland and Tyne & Wear. Not valid to travel to or from Tees Valley on X-lines X10 - to make this journey see our range of X10 Saver tickets.
Maybe the driver did not realise this had changed when they changed all the tickets, if it scanned on the machine then it should have been a clue to the driver it was valid

Storx

20 May 2022, 6:46 pm #2,296

The bigger problem with the X10 is it's really £10.90 to use it for the day. Unless you happen to live next door to one of the limited bus stops.

There's no way of connecting to it from the South, the Peterlee service is crap and doesn't exist on a Sunday then from Newcastle the GNE service to the North is extremely limited unless you happen to live on the Coast Road and anyone from the South it would be as easy to go to Durham and connect with the X12 or above if it's not a Sunday.

It would arguably be much better ran by Arriva or Stagecoach who have networks at both ends.
Storx
20 May 2022, 6:46 pm #2,296

The bigger problem with the X10 is it's really £10.90 to use it for the day. Unless you happen to live next door to one of the limited bus stops.

There's no way of connecting to it from the South, the Peterlee service is crap and doesn't exist on a Sunday then from Newcastle the GNE service to the North is extremely limited unless you happen to live on the Coast Road and anyone from the South it would be as easy to go to Durham and connect with the X12 or above if it's not a Sunday.

It would arguably be much better ran by Arriva or Stagecoach who have networks at both ends.

Adrian

20 May 2022, 6:50 pm #2,297
(20 May 2022, 6:36 pm)N1cholas All Zones

I've had similar in the past, even though it scanned as valid at Heworth. I had to hold the bus up whilst I found the info on the website to show the driver.

That info on the website is incorrect actually. I don't think the All Zones is valid on the 40/40A/41/42 in Durham, unless things have very recently changed?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 May 2022, 6:50 pm #2,297

(20 May 2022, 6:36 pm)N1cholas All Zones

I've had similar in the past, even though it scanned as valid at Heworth. I had to hold the bus up whilst I found the info on the website to show the driver.

That info on the website is incorrect actually. I don't think the All Zones is valid on the 40/40A/41/42 in Durham, unless things have very recently changed?

cbma06

20 May 2022, 7:03 pm #2,298
[Image: d52cb670e041afdd51927006a349f86c.jpg]
[Image: 94fd69004addfffa43d5f207cbe0465e.jpg]

You can’t use a normal gne all zone day ticket on the X10, to use the x10 you have to pay a couple of more pounds to use the x10 and rest of gne network

cbma06
20 May 2022, 7:03 pm #2,298

[Image: d52cb670e041afdd51927006a349f86c.jpg]
[Image: 94fd69004addfffa43d5f207cbe0465e.jpg]

You can’t use a normal gne all zone day ticket on the X10, to use the x10 you have to pay a couple of more pounds to use the x10 and rest of gne network

Adrian

20 May 2022, 7:43 pm #2,299
(20 May 2022, 7:03 pm)cbma06 You can’t use a normal gne all zone day ticket on the X10,  to use the x10 you have to pay a couple of more pounds to use the x10 and rest of gne network

You can. See: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/new-simpli...3-february

.png
gnex9x10.PNG
Size 37.81 KB / Downloads 15

Adrian
20 May 2022, 7:43 pm #2,299

(20 May 2022, 7:03 pm)cbma06 You can’t use a normal gne all zone day ticket on the X10,  to use the x10 you have to pay a couple of more pounds to use the x10 and rest of gne network

You can. See: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/new-simpli...3-february

.png
gnex9x10.PNG
Size 37.81 KB / Downloads 15

cbma06

20 May 2022, 7:58 pm #2,300
Looks like you can use the normal all day gne day ticket between Newcastle and Heworth, but traveling between Heworth downwards all the way to Middlesbrough the passenger has to purchase the x10 ticket which can be used on all gne services, but you can’t use the normal gne day ticket between Newcastle and Dalton Park, I think you shouldn’t be allowed to travel between Newcastle and Heworth , as you be putting off other customers and space on the bus for potential passengers traveling further south who can’t board the bus if it’s full with passengers traveling locally, northbound should be drop off only after Dalton park and pick up only between Newcastle and Dalton park southbound.

cbma06
20 May 2022, 7:58 pm #2,300

Looks like you can use the normal all day gne day ticket between Newcastle and Heworth, but traveling between Heworth downwards all the way to Middlesbrough the passenger has to purchase the x10 ticket which can be used on all gne services, but you can’t use the normal gne day ticket between Newcastle and Dalton Park, I think you shouldn’t be allowed to travel between Newcastle and Heworth , as you be putting off other customers and space on the bus for potential passengers traveling further south who can’t board the bus if it’s full with passengers traveling locally, northbound should be drop off only after Dalton park and pick up only between Newcastle and Dalton park southbound.

Pages (150) Previous 1114 115 116150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average