Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 1138 139 140150 Next
01 Apr 2023, 2:53 pm #2,761
(29 Mar 2023, 1:16 pm)ASX_Terranova Interesting idea, how about sending the 27 to felling square.
I Have attached a screenshot showing the potential new route.
Journey takes long enough as it is.
54APhotography
01 Apr 2023, 2:53 pm #2,761

(29 Mar 2023, 1:16 pm)ASX_Terranova Interesting idea, how about sending the 27 to felling square.
I Have attached a screenshot showing the potential new route.
Journey takes long enough as it is.

05 Apr 2023, 3:28 pm #2,762
I've got two new ideas.

Route A would be similar to the now withdrawn X22 except it goes via Picktree, Ayton, Lambton & The Galleries instead of Birtley and would extend from The Metrocentre into Newcsastle via the Redheugh Bridge. It would also serve Carr House Drive & Canterbury Road between Framwellgate Moor & Plawsworth.

Route B would start from Low Moorsley operate to Hetton Bus Station, then operate via North Road, Rainton Bridge, Black Boy Road, Woodstone Village & Forge Lane to reach Picktree Roundabout where it would the follow Route A to The Galleries. From there it would serve Washington Village before running non-stop from Horsley Road to Follingsby Roundabout before observing all stops on Lingey Lane, Meresyde, High Lanes, Watermill Lane untill the bus reaches the ASDA at Felling Square. From Felling Square it will run non stop to Newcastle via the Redheugh Bridge.

Pros:
As fast as X1 between Washington & Newcastle.
Would give a lot of areas GNE buses or more direct buses, for better connections and journeys.
Would reinstate direct Durham/CLS or Washington to Metrocentre Routes.
Would give express option from Newcastle to Felling Square, Leam Lane & Wardley.
Would reduce overcrowding on 4, 50, X1 & X21.

Cons:
Slower between Hetton & Washington.
Turnaround times may be too small.
Route B could be considered a gamble.
Attached Files
.xlsx
IToons Timetable.xlsx
Size 15.49 KB / Downloads 13

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
05 Apr 2023, 3:28 pm #2,762

I've got two new ideas.

Route A would be similar to the now withdrawn X22 except it goes via Picktree, Ayton, Lambton & The Galleries instead of Birtley and would extend from The Metrocentre into Newcsastle via the Redheugh Bridge. It would also serve Carr House Drive & Canterbury Road between Framwellgate Moor & Plawsworth.

Route B would start from Low Moorsley operate to Hetton Bus Station, then operate via North Road, Rainton Bridge, Black Boy Road, Woodstone Village & Forge Lane to reach Picktree Roundabout where it would the follow Route A to The Galleries. From there it would serve Washington Village before running non-stop from Horsley Road to Follingsby Roundabout before observing all stops on Lingey Lane, Meresyde, High Lanes, Watermill Lane untill the bus reaches the ASDA at Felling Square. From Felling Square it will run non stop to Newcastle via the Redheugh Bridge.

Pros:
As fast as X1 between Washington & Newcastle.
Would give a lot of areas GNE buses or more direct buses, for better connections and journeys.
Would reinstate direct Durham/CLS or Washington to Metrocentre Routes.
Would give express option from Newcastle to Felling Square, Leam Lane & Wardley.
Would reduce overcrowding on 4, 50, X1 & X21.

Cons:
Slower between Hetton & Washington.
Turnaround times may be too small.
Route B could be considered a gamble.

Attached Files
.xlsx
IToons Timetable.xlsx
Size 15.49 KB / Downloads 13

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

03 May 2023, 4:34 pm #2,763
I think it would be a good idea for to extend the 1 to whitley bay holiday park over the summer as normally alot of people use the 308 & 309 quite alot to get from the band stand to holiday park and with the 1 it gives a link to tynemouth, Cullercoats & North Shields from the holiday park
EastCoastMXZ1751
03 May 2023, 4:34 pm #2,763

I think it would be a good idea for to extend the 1 to whitley bay holiday park over the summer as normally alot of people use the 308 & 309 quite alot to get from the band stand to holiday park and with the 1 it gives a link to tynemouth, Cullercoats & North Shields from the holiday park

Unber43

04 May 2023, 2:09 pm #2,764
What was the layover time for the 35 before it last changed, as they seem to always be quite late, I remember someone mentioing it was reduced does anyone know how much. 

Add PVR 1 to 35 to improve reliability, and possibly extend it to High Pittington, it would be about 7 mins each way, leaving enough layover time for 15 at Low Moorsley and 10 at Boldon.

Also a Sunderland to Follingsby link imo is needed the 35 would literally be perfect.
Unber43
04 May 2023, 2:09 pm #2,764

What was the layover time for the 35 before it last changed, as they seem to always be quite late, I remember someone mentioing it was reduced does anyone know how much. 

Add PVR 1 to 35 to improve reliability, and possibly extend it to High Pittington, it would be about 7 mins each way, leaving enough layover time for 15 at Low Moorsley and 10 at Boldon.

Also a Sunderland to Follingsby link imo is needed the 35 would literally be perfect.

Andreos1

04 May 2023, 2:49 pm #2,765
(04 May 2023, 2:09 pm)Unber43 What was the layover time for the 35 before it last changed, as they seem to always be quite late, I remember someone mentioing it was reduced does anyone know how much. 

I remember years ago, it having 10/15mins (might have been more) at Low Moorsley and using the layover at the top of the village.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
04 May 2023, 2:49 pm #2,765

(04 May 2023, 2:09 pm)Unber43 What was the layover time for the 35 before it last changed, as they seem to always be quite late, I remember someone mentioing it was reduced does anyone know how much. 

I remember years ago, it having 10/15mins (might have been more) at Low Moorsley and using the layover at the top of the village.

Drifter60

04 May 2023, 8:02 pm #2,766
(04 May 2023, 2:49 pm)Andreos1 I remember years ago, it having 10/15mins (might have been more) at Low Moorsley and using the layover at the top of the village.

I think it was similar layover until recently - it seemed to be quite a lot of the time I was ever driving that way that there was a 35 waiting at the bus stop on the bend before the bank. However as alluded to above, it seems the layover was reduced I think it was said at the time that this was because the bus couldn’t wait at the terminus due to complaints.
Drifter60
04 May 2023, 8:02 pm #2,766

(04 May 2023, 2:49 pm)Andreos1 I remember years ago, it having 10/15mins (might have been more) at Low Moorsley and using the layover at the top of the village.

I think it was similar layover until recently - it seemed to be quite a lot of the time I was ever driving that way that there was a 35 waiting at the bus stop on the bend before the bank. However as alluded to above, it seems the layover was reduced I think it was said at the time that this was because the bus couldn’t wait at the terminus due to complaints.

Andreos1

04 May 2023, 8:50 pm #2,767
(04 May 2023, 8:02 pm)Drifter60 I think it was similar layover until recently - it seemed to be quite a lot of the time I was ever driving that way that there was a 35 waiting at the bus stop on the bend before the bank. However as alluded to above, it seems the layover was reduced I think it was said at the time that this was because the bus couldn’t wait at the terminus due to complaints. 

That vaguely rings a bell now you mention it.

Andreos1
04 May 2023, 8:50 pm #2,767

(04 May 2023, 8:02 pm)Drifter60 I think it was similar layover until recently - it seemed to be quite a lot of the time I was ever driving that way that there was a 35 waiting at the bus stop on the bend before the bank. However as alluded to above, it seems the layover was reduced I think it was said at the time that this was because the bus couldn’t wait at the terminus due to complaints. 

That vaguely rings a bell now you mention it.

Jimmi

04 May 2023, 9:17 pm #2,768

Timetable from 2021 indicates that the 35 had 14 mins sit at Low Moorsley during the daytime. One bug bare with the whole terminus matter was as far as I could tell, it wasn't communicated anywhere to passengers and is registered as the terminus, remember getting the 35 once and being left confused as to why the bus was sat at the stop before the terminus for so long, took me a good few minutes to think it was going to stay put at that stop for a while.
Jimmi
04 May 2023, 9:17 pm #2,768

Timetable from 2021 indicates that the 35 had 14 mins sit at Low Moorsley during the daytime. One bug bare with the whole terminus matter was as far as I could tell, it wasn't communicated anywhere to passengers and is registered as the terminus, remember getting the 35 once and being left confused as to why the bus was sat at the stop before the terminus for so long, took me a good few minutes to think it was going to stay put at that stop for a while.

04 May 2023, 11:40 pm #2,769
(04 May 2023, 9:17 pm)Jimmi Timetable from 2021 indicates that the 35 had 14 mins sit at Low Moorsley during the daytime. One bug bare with the whole terminus matter was as far as I could tell, it wasn't communicated anywhere to passengers and is registered as the terminus, remember getting the 35 once and being left confused as to why the bus was sat at the stop before the terminus for so long, took me a good few minutes to think it was going to stay put at that stop for a while.

Resident complaints at the top of the bank meant we had to wait our time at the stop before the terminus. Even if we had our engines off we weren't allowed to wait up there, had to do it at the stop before, still do, even if it's only 5 minutes now at most.
deanmachine
04 May 2023, 11:40 pm #2,769

(04 May 2023, 9:17 pm)Jimmi Timetable from 2021 indicates that the 35 had 14 mins sit at Low Moorsley during the daytime. One bug bare with the whole terminus matter was as far as I could tell, it wasn't communicated anywhere to passengers and is registered as the terminus, remember getting the 35 once and being left confused as to why the bus was sat at the stop before the terminus for so long, took me a good few minutes to think it was going to stay put at that stop for a while.

Resident complaints at the top of the bank meant we had to wait our time at the stop before the terminus. Even if we had our engines off we weren't allowed to wait up there, had to do it at the stop before, still do, even if it's only 5 minutes now at most.

Andreos1

05 May 2023, 8:16 am #2,770

Hoping that the NSA's were updated to reflect this.
Guessing they weren't.

Andreos1
05 May 2023, 8:16 am #2,770

Hoping that the NSA's were updated to reflect this.
Guessing they weren't.

morritt89

05 May 2023, 10:23 am #2,771
The layover on the 35 changed when it started serving The Cotswold estate in Boldon. Now you get a little bit of time at Boldon (whereas previously you spun around the roundabout then were away straight away).

However, the running time from Low Moorsley to Hetton Bus Station is quite generous and you get a few minutes sit there which can be an issue depending on stand occupation.

I would extend the 35 from Low Moorsley either to Sherburn, Pittington, Belmont, Durham City Retail Park or Dragonville Tesco and retail park. You could even extend to Bowburn Amazon.
morritt89
05 May 2023, 10:23 am #2,771

The layover on the 35 changed when it started serving The Cotswold estate in Boldon. Now you get a little bit of time at Boldon (whereas previously you spun around the roundabout then were away straight away).

However, the running time from Low Moorsley to Hetton Bus Station is quite generous and you get a few minutes sit there which can be an issue depending on stand occupation.

I would extend the 35 from Low Moorsley either to Sherburn, Pittington, Belmont, Durham City Retail Park or Dragonville Tesco and retail park. You could even extend to Bowburn Amazon.

05 May 2023, 10:52 am #2,772
(05 May 2023, 8:16 am)Andreos1 Hoping that the NSA's were updated to reflect this.
Guessing they weren't.

The registered terminus is still at the top of the bank.
deanmachine
05 May 2023, 10:52 am #2,772

(05 May 2023, 8:16 am)Andreos1 Hoping that the NSA's were updated to reflect this.
Guessing they weren't.

The registered terminus is still at the top of the bank.

Andreos1

05 May 2023, 11:27 am #2,773
(05 May 2023, 10:52 am)deanmachine The registered terminus is still at the top of the bank.

Exactly. 
You know that. What about Jimmi and the other passengers who don't?
Those who we are told rely on the NSA's wouldn't have a clue.

Andreos1
05 May 2023, 11:27 am #2,773

(05 May 2023, 10:52 am)deanmachine The registered terminus is still at the top of the bank.

Exactly. 

Rob44

05 May 2023, 11:32 am #2,774
(05 May 2023, 11:27 am)do the 309/310Andreos1 Exactly. 
do the 309/310 services still sit for ages at St Marys place?  Dont think NSA refected this, well not when i was last on they didnt
Rob44
05 May 2023, 11:32 am #2,774

(05 May 2023, 11:27 am)do the 309/310Andreos1 Exactly. 
do the 309/310 services still sit for ages at St Marys place?  Dont think NSA refected this, well not when i was last on they didnt

05 May 2023, 11:35 am #2,775
(05 May 2023, 11:32 am)Rob44 do the 309/310 services still sit for ages at St Marys place?  Dont think NSA refected this, well not when i was last on they didnt

You know, I vaguely remember hearing something about that on the 309/310 a few years back, may have just been the driver shouting up the stairs though!
streetdeckfan
05 May 2023, 11:35 am #2,775

(05 May 2023, 11:32 am)Rob44 do the 309/310 services still sit for ages at St Marys place?  Dont think NSA refected this, well not when i was last on they didnt

You know, I vaguely remember hearing something about that on the 309/310 a few years back, may have just been the driver shouting up the stairs though!

05 May 2023, 11:43 am #2,776
(05 May 2023, 11:27 am)Andreos1 Exactly. 

I would have to explain it to the passengers yeah, can't imagine I'd be too happy having to walk up that hill all the time too, or wait 15 minutes to be taken up.
deanmachine
05 May 2023, 11:43 am #2,776

(05 May 2023, 11:27 am)Andreos1 Exactly. 

I would have to explain it to the passengers yeah, can't imagine I'd be too happy having to walk up that hill all the time too, or wait 15 minutes to be taken up.

Andreos1

05 May 2023, 11:45 am #2,777

No idea, it's a couple of years since I last did anything along the Coast Road.

I'd hope they had been updated.

(05 May 2023, 11:43 am)deanmachine I would have to explain it to the passengers yeah, can't imagine I'd be too happy having to walk up that hill all the time too, or wait 15 minutes to be taken up.

Might as well go old school and announce every stop when you are on Wink

In the era of financial austerity, you could win a £25 Amazon voucher for suggesting that money saving idea!
Edited 05 May 2023, 11:47 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
05 May 2023, 11:45 am #2,777

No idea, it's a couple of years since I last did anything along the Coast Road.

I'd hope they had been updated.

(05 May 2023, 11:43 am)deanmachine I would have to explain it to the passengers yeah, can't imagine I'd be too happy having to walk up that hill all the time too, or wait 15 minutes to be taken up.

Might as well go old school and announce every stop when you are on Wink

In the era of financial austerity, you could win a £25 Amazon voucher for suggesting that money saving idea!

Rob44

05 May 2023, 12:15 pm #2,778
(05 May 2023, 11:35 am)streetdeckfan You know, I vaguely remember hearing something about that on the 309/310 a few years back, may have just been the driver shouting up the stairs though!

LOL. Actually come to think about it when the 44 used to stop at St Marys place I once had the driver shout he'd be there for at least 5 minutes so the bus emptied.
Rob44
05 May 2023, 12:15 pm #2,778

(05 May 2023, 11:35 am)streetdeckfan You know, I vaguely remember hearing something about that on the 309/310 a few years back, may have just been the driver shouting up the stairs though!

LOL. Actually come to think about it when the 44 used to stop at St Marys place I once had the driver shout he'd be there for at least 5 minutes so the bus emptied.

Jimmi

05 May 2023, 1:31 pm #2,779
(04 May 2023, 11:40 pm)deanmachine Resident complaints at the top of the bank meant we had to wait our time at the stop before the terminus. Even if we had our engines off we weren't allowed to wait up there, had to do it at the stop before, still do, even if it's only 5 minutes now at most.

I get that, what irked me was the lack of communication and notice to suggest this was the case to passengers, including timetable stating the terminus being the last stop on the journey but no suggestion that you'd be sat like a prat for 14 minutes to get to the last stop which is not reflected in the timetable. Its fine if you are aware of the matter but wasn't so much for those that aren't although saying that, can't imagine there will be many non locals wishing to go to that stop.

Guessing they weren't.

I doubt it and at the stage when I did the 35 at least, it was still allocated Solars, so had nothing to go off.
Jimmi
05 May 2023, 1:31 pm #2,779

(04 May 2023, 11:40 pm)deanmachine Resident complaints at the top of the bank meant we had to wait our time at the stop before the terminus. Even if we had our engines off we weren't allowed to wait up there, had to do it at the stop before, still do, even if it's only 5 minutes now at most.

I get that, what irked me was the lack of communication and notice to suggest this was the case to passengers, including timetable stating the terminus being the last stop on the journey but no suggestion that you'd be sat like a prat for 14 minutes to get to the last stop which is not reflected in the timetable. Its fine if you are aware of the matter but wasn't so much for those that aren't although saying that, can't imagine there will be many non locals wishing to go to that stop.

Guessing they weren't.

I doubt it and at the stage when I did the 35 at least, it was still allocated Solars, so had nothing to go off.

06 May 2023, 6:12 am #2,780
(05 May 2023, 12:15 pm)Rob44 LOL. Actually come to think about it when the 44 used to stop at St Marys place I once had the driver shout he'd be there for at least 5 minutes so the bus emptied.

I used to be a regular on the Coast Road services into Haymarket, and it was quite normal for the driver to shout up the stairs if they were likely to be waiting at St Marys Place for a few minutes.

And yes, the bus used to empty out at that point.  For me, it would depend on whether I had a need to be on my way, or if I was feeling REALLY lazy!
Ianthegoon
06 May 2023, 6:12 am #2,780

(05 May 2023, 12:15 pm)Rob44 LOL. Actually come to think about it when the 44 used to stop at St Marys place I once had the driver shout he'd be there for at least 5 minutes so the bus emptied.

I used to be a regular on the Coast Road services into Haymarket, and it was quite normal for the driver to shout up the stairs if they were likely to be waiting at St Marys Place for a few minutes.

And yes, the bus used to empty out at that point.  For me, it would depend on whether I had a need to be on my way, or if I was feeling REALLY lazy!

Pages (150) Previous 1138 139 140150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average