Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (108): Previous 1106 107 108
07 Jul 2021, 9:15 pm #2,141
(07 Jul 2021, 9:07 pm)Adtrainsam Won’t the X84 buses still go through Heddon on the Wall? Besides, they wouldn’t rebrand new buses which have literally been in service for less than a year.

Yes, the X84 will continue to serve Heddon on the Wall, and I knkw they wouldn't rebrand the buses already. However I believe Newcastle, Heddon, Corbridge and Hexham were selected as they are common sections of both X84/X85 whereas most of the other places are served by either the X84 or the X85. I thought a vinyl could be placed over Heddon for either Fenham or Denton Burn, as these will remain a common section. 

The NSAs could do with updating/correcting, Newcastle General Hospital is now CAV Campus, Fox & Hounds is Fenham not Denton Burn, and Denton Burn Library should be Denton Burn Shops towards Hexham and Denton Turret Medical Centre towards Newcastle. West Road shops isn't clear either, as there are lots of shops along the West Road. Could GNE not promote the Denton Hall Turret heritage site?
OrangeArrow49
07 Jul 2021, 9:15 pm #2,141

(07 Jul 2021, 9:07 pm)Adtrainsam Won’t the X84 buses still go through Heddon on the Wall? Besides, they wouldn’t rebrand new buses which have literally been in service for less than a year.

Yes, the X84 will continue to serve Heddon on the Wall, and I knkw they wouldn't rebrand the buses already. However I believe Newcastle, Heddon, Corbridge and Hexham were selected as they are common sections of both X84/X85 whereas most of the other places are served by either the X84 or the X85. I thought a vinyl could be placed over Heddon for either Fenham or Denton Burn, as these will remain a common section. 

The NSAs could do with updating/correcting, Newcastle General Hospital is now CAV Campus, Fox & Hounds is Fenham not Denton Burn, and Denton Burn Library should be Denton Burn Shops towards Hexham and Denton Turret Medical Centre towards Newcastle. West Road shops isn't clear either, as there are lots of shops along the West Road. Could GNE not promote the Denton Hall Turret heritage site?

07 Jul 2021, 9:58 pm #2,142
Next stop is Denton Burn Turret, alight here to view the small remains of a wall (compared to locations elsewhere on the wall) for 2 minutes then wait 28 minutes for the next bus whilst wonder in awe at the traffic heading to and from the A1.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
07 Jul 2021, 9:58 pm #2,142

Next stop is Denton Burn Turret, alight here to view the small remains of a wall (compared to locations elsewhere on the wall) for 2 minutes then wait 28 minutes for the next bus whilst wonder in awe at the traffic heading to and from the A1.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

MurdnunoC

08 Jul 2021, 6:07 am #2,143
(07 Jul 2021, 9:58 pm)Rapidsnap Next stop is Denton Burn Turret, alight here to view the small remains of a wall (compared to locations elsewhere on the wall) for 2 minutes then wait 28 minutes for the next bus whilst wonder in awe at the traffic heading to and from the A1.

You are selling Denton Burn short here.

You can also wander down to the Co-op or whatever it is now, use the bridge to cross the road, or visit the marvel of the Whickham View terminus if feeling really adventurous.

Loads of things to do whilst waiting for the next X84/85.
MurdnunoC
08 Jul 2021, 6:07 am #2,143

(07 Jul 2021, 9:58 pm)Rapidsnap Next stop is Denton Burn Turret, alight here to view the small remains of a wall (compared to locations elsewhere on the wall) for 2 minutes then wait 28 minutes for the next bus whilst wonder in awe at the traffic heading to and from the A1.

You are selling Denton Burn short here.

You can also wander down to the Co-op or whatever it is now, use the bridge to cross the road, or visit the marvel of the Whickham View terminus if feeling really adventurous.

08 Jul 2021, 2:35 pm #2,144
Go North East H1 appears on bus org for 25th July yet it says when u click it shows from 13th August
Micheal Aaron
08 Jul 2021, 2:35 pm #2,144

Go North East H1 appears on bus org for 25th July yet it says when u click it shows from 13th August

Tiger5105

08 Jul 2021, 3:40 pm #2,145
Just seen a poster today saying the Tesco free bus for Consett area (T1 and T2) ends on 8th August.
Tiger5105
08 Jul 2021, 3:40 pm #2,145

Just seen a poster today saying the Tesco free bus for Consett area (T1 and T2) ends on 8th August.

L469 YVK

10 Jul 2021, 8:36 pm #2,146
Sunday 25th July changes - 309/310/11

Why are the Sunday evening 310 journeys ex Newcastle after 19:40 down to go via Hadrian Park but all Monday to Saturday evening journeys will omit Hadrian Park? Is it a funding agreement with Nexus for any supported sections of routes?

Surely it would make sense to keep the Monday to Saturday evening journeys via Hadrian Park as that is where the demand is particularly at xx:40 (xx:20 after 11pm).
L469 YVK
10 Jul 2021, 8:36 pm #2,146

Sunday 25th July changes - 309/310/11

Why are the Sunday evening 310 journeys ex Newcastle after 19:40 down to go via Hadrian Park but all Monday to Saturday evening journeys will omit Hadrian Park? Is it a funding agreement with Nexus for any supported sections of routes?

Surely it would make sense to keep the Monday to Saturday evening journeys via Hadrian Park as that is where the demand is particularly at xx:40 (xx:20 after 11pm).

12 Jul 2021, 12:22 pm #2,147
I wonder if they'll be putting the late X21s back on any time soon.

The fact that the last bus to Bishop still leaves Newcastle at 9:15pm is appalling to me, that's 2 hours earlier than the pre-COVID service.
streetdeckfan
12 Jul 2021, 12:22 pm #2,147

I wonder if they'll be putting the late X21s back on any time soon.

The fact that the last bus to Bishop still leaves Newcastle at 9:15pm is appalling to me, that's 2 hours earlier than the pre-COVID service.

big mac

12 Jul 2021, 7:01 pm #2,148
(12 Jul 2021, 12:22 pm)streetdeckfan I wonder if they'll be putting the late X21s back on any time soon.

With the x21 I also wonder whether the Newcastle-Durham short journeys will be coming back or not.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
big mac
12 Jul 2021, 7:01 pm #2,148

(12 Jul 2021, 12:22 pm)streetdeckfan I wonder if they'll be putting the late X21s back on any time soon.

With the x21 I also wonder whether the Newcastle-Durham short journeys will be coming back or not.

12 Jul 2021, 7:16 pm #2,149
(12 Jul 2021, 7:01 pm)big mac With the x21 I also wonder whether the Newcastle-Durham short journeys will be coming back or not. 

The fact that the B5s have the 15 minute frequency on the cove vinyls despite being put up after the shorts were paused gives the impression they'll be bringing them back, otherwise I would have expected them to leave it out and put a new vinyl over the top if the top if and when they bring it back
streetdeckfan
12 Jul 2021, 7:16 pm #2,149

(12 Jul 2021, 7:01 pm)big mac With the x21 I also wonder whether the Newcastle-Durham short journeys will be coming back or not. 

The fact that the B5s have the 15 minute frequency on the cove vinyls despite being put up after the shorts were paused gives the impression they'll be bringing them back, otherwise I would have expected them to leave it out and put a new vinyl over the top if the top if and when they bring it back

12 Jul 2021, 7:22 pm #2,150
(08 Jul 2021, 6:07 am)MurdnunoC You are selling Denton Burn short here.

I didn't mean promote it like massively promote it as in "alight here to see the small remains of a wall" just as in people might look on the way past whilst still on the bus, as its related to Hexham and Corbridge being Roman towns. A different bit of scenery.

GNE should better name some of the stops. Fox & Hounds is Fenham, not Denton Burn, West Road Shops is a little confusing as Denton Burn ex-Co-op etc is also really West Road Shops and not really Denton Burn Library as the announcements say. NSAs are good, but could be improved.
OrangeArrow49
12 Jul 2021, 7:22 pm #2,150

(08 Jul 2021, 6:07 am)MurdnunoC You are selling Denton Burn short here.

I didn't mean promote it like massively promote it as in "alight here to see the small remains of a wall" just as in people might look on the way past whilst still on the bus, as its related to Hexham and Corbridge being Roman towns. A different bit of scenery.

GNE should better name some of the stops. Fox & Hounds is Fenham, not Denton Burn, West Road Shops is a little confusing as Denton Burn ex-Co-op etc is also really West Road Shops and not really Denton Burn Library as the announcements say. NSAs are good, but could be improved.

12 Jul 2021, 7:27 pm #2,151
(12 Jul 2021, 7:22 pm)OrangeArrow49 I didn't mean promote it like massively promote it as in "alight here to see the small remains of a wall" just as in people might look on the way past whilst still on the bus, as its related to Hexham and Corbridge being Roman towns. A different bit of scenery.

Maybe send your suggestions into GNE. I did about some of the stop names on the app in Bishop and they did change them.
streetdeckfan
12 Jul 2021, 7:27 pm #2,151

(12 Jul 2021, 7:22 pm)OrangeArrow49 I didn't mean promote it like massively promote it as in "alight here to see the small remains of a wall" just as in people might look on the way past whilst still on the bus, as its related to Hexham and Corbridge being Roman towns. A different bit of scenery.

Maybe send your suggestions into GNE. I did about some of the stop names on the app in Bishop and they did change them.

Michael

12 Jul 2021, 7:34 pm #2,152
(05 Jul 2021, 11:03 am)Michael Full details now online:

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/hexham-ser...ts-25-july

The 309/310/311 changes aren't included

GNE have uploaded the new Hexham map.

https://images-gonortheast.passenger-web...0buses.pdf

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Jul 2021, 7:34 pm #2,152

GNE have uploaded the new Hexham map.

https://images-gonortheast.passenger-web...0buses.pdf

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Train8261

14 Jul 2021, 4:00 pm #2,153
The new timetable are available to view on the Nexus website for the Hexham services apart from the new X84/X85 timetable
Train8261
14 Jul 2021, 4:00 pm #2,153

The new timetable are available to view on the Nexus website for the Hexham services apart from the new X84/X85 timetable

Michael

19 Jul 2021, 8:34 pm #2,154

Go North East has uploaded proper style timetables for the Hexham changes.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Jul 2021, 8:34 pm #2,154

Go North East has uploaded proper style timetables for the Hexham changes.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

26 Jul 2021, 11:26 am #2,155
(19 Jul 2021, 8:34 pm)Michael Go North East has uploaded proper style timetables for the Hexham changes.

Where can you get paper timetables from washington/Sunderland area (not from bus) since practically every travel shop is closed,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
26 Jul 2021, 11:26 am #2,155

(19 Jul 2021, 8:34 pm)Michael Go North East has uploaded proper style timetables for the Hexham changes.

Where can you get paper timetables from washington/Sunderland area (not from bus) since practically every travel shop is closed,

Adrian

26 Jul 2021, 12:41 pm #2,156
(26 Jul 2021, 11:26 am)cbma06 Where can you get paper timetables from washington/Sunderland area (not from bus) since practically every travel shop is closed,

Nowhere. You'd think there'd at least be an arrangement for the information desk in the Galleries to have them, or to have a rack outside the canteen doors, but there's nothing.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
26 Jul 2021, 12:41 pm #2,156

(26 Jul 2021, 11:26 am)cbma06 Where can you get paper timetables from washington/Sunderland area (not from bus) since practically every travel shop is closed,

Nowhere. You'd think there'd at least be an arrangement for the information desk in the Galleries to have them, or to have a rack outside the canteen doors, but there's nothing.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jul 2021, 4:44 am #2,157
(26 Jul 2021, 12:41 pm)Adrian Nowhere. You'd think there'd at least be an arrangement for the information desk in the Galleries to have them, or to have a rack outside the canteen doors, but there's nothing.

On buses, mostly.

Nexus refused to accept delivery of any paper timetables ‘due to Covid’.

Dan
27 Jul 2021, 4:44 am #2,157

(26 Jul 2021, 12:41 pm)Adrian Nowhere. You'd think there'd at least be an arrangement for the information desk in the Galleries to have them, or to have a rack outside the canteen doors, but there's nothing.

On buses, mostly.

Adrian

27 Jul 2021, 8:11 am #2,158
(27 Jul 2021, 4:44 am)Dan On buses, mostly.

Doesn't surprise me with Nexus, as I know there's nothing at Eldon Square and Shields either, but isn't the Galleries bus station owned and managed by the Galleries Management on behalf of Prudential? It'd be nice to have some sort of timetable rack there, as it acts as a way of planning a journey for those who cannot access the information digitally. 

I think the Durham timetable rack was in operation until its demolition.

Adrian
27 Jul 2021, 8:11 am #2,158

(27 Jul 2021, 4:44 am)Dan On buses, mostly.

Doesn't surprise me with Nexus, as I know there's nothing at Eldon Square and Shields either, but isn't the Galleries bus station owned and managed by the Galleries Management on behalf of Prudential? It'd be nice to have some sort of timetable rack there, as it acts as a way of planning a journey for those who cannot access the information digitally. 

27 Jul 2021, 8:44 am #2,159
(27 Jul 2021, 8:11 am)Adrian Doesn't surprise me with Nexus, as I know there's nothing at Eldon Square and Shields either, but isn't the Galleries bus station owned and managed by the Galleries Management on behalf of Prudential? It'd be nice to have some sort of timetable rack there, as it acts as a way of planning a journey for those who cannot access the information digitally. 

This whole 'due to COVID' excuse for everything is ridiculous. Why don't they just come out and say 'to save money' because that's what it's really about.
Although, since I believe operators use their own distributors to keep the racks stocked, I can't even see how that would be a reason.

The last time I went to Durham it was fully stocked with timetables.
streetdeckfan
27 Jul 2021, 8:44 am #2,159

(27 Jul 2021, 8:11 am)Adrian Doesn't surprise me with Nexus, as I know there's nothing at Eldon Square and Shields either, but isn't the Galleries bus station owned and managed by the Galleries Management on behalf of Prudential? It'd be nice to have some sort of timetable rack there, as it acts as a way of planning a journey for those who cannot access the information digitally. 

This whole 'due to COVID' excuse for everything is ridiculous. Why don't they just come out and say 'to save money' because that's what it's really about.
Although, since I believe operators use their own distributors to keep the racks stocked, I can't even see how that would be a reason.

The last time I went to Durham it was fully stocked with timetables.

Pages (108): Previous 1106 107 108

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average