Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (108): Previous 198 99 100108 Next
Andreos1

10 Oct 2019, 4:38 pm #1,961

(10 Oct 2019, 2:45 pm)JP6004

Waste of a B9? I would hardly say the ex-London ones are the best.

I think it depends what section of the route its on. The 94 is always busier on the way to the valley and felling rather than Heworth. The 93 always generally busier towards the QE and the valley as opposed to coming into Gateshead. Overall I think they have fairly decent loads and warrant a DD allocation if being reduced to every 20 minutes.

But I have always thought that the route into the retail park is a bit odd. It passes the entrance/ exit to the bus stop and gets stuck in traffic at the roundabout. Then loop back on to the roundabout to continue down the valley. Why not just use the other entrance to the retail park bus stop?

Even if the 93 turned left prior to the roundabout and used the 'bus station', it would save time.

To be honest, I've no idea why the road behind Mothercare can't be adapted to suit the buses and make it bi-directional for the entire length.

(10 Oct 2019, 3:11 pm)streetdeckfan

I must say, whenever I've been on The Loop (after all these years, I still can't remember which way is which!) during the day between Gateshead and Team Valley, it's been dead, maybe a handful of other people on but that's about it.

I've never understood the stops, surely it would be a lot more convenient for the bus to actually serve Retail World rather than having to walk miles (well, what feels like miles) to actually get to the shops

It used to stop on the main road outside Retail World, but was curtailed to its current route a while back, due to the traffic heading in and out.

The stop was just shy of where Mcdonalds is now, on the left hand side.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
10 Oct 2019, 4:38 pm #1,961

I think it depends what section of the route its on. The 94 is always busier on the way to the valley and felling rather than Heworth. The 93 always generally busier towards the QE and the valley as opposed to coming into Gateshead. Overall I think they have fairly decent loads and warrant a DD allocation if being reduced to every 20 minutes.

But I have always thought that the route into the retail park is a bit odd. It passes the entrance/ exit to the bus stop and gets stuck in traffic at the roundabout. Then loop back on to the roundabout to continue down the valley. Why not just use the other entrance to the retail park bus stop?

Even if the 93 turned left prior to the roundabout and used the 'bus station', it would save time.

To be honest, I've no idea why the road behind Mothercare can't be adapted to suit the buses and make it bi-directional for the entire length.

I must say, whenever I've been on The Loop (after all these years, I still can't remember which way is which!) during the day between Gateshead and Team Valley, it's been dead, maybe a handful of other people on but that's about it.

I've never understood the stops, surely it would be a lot more convenient for the bus to actually serve Retail World rather than having to walk miles (well, what feels like miles) to actually get to the shops

It used to stop on the main road outside Retail World, but was curtailed to its current route a while back, due to the traffic heading in and out.

JP6004

10 Oct 2019, 4:47 pm #1,962

(10 Oct 2019, 4:38 pm)Andreos1

Yes there was a bus stop on the mothercare side but seems to be of taken away a while ago

JP6004
10 Oct 2019, 4:47 pm #1,962

(10 Oct 2019, 4:38 pm)Andreos1

Yes there was a bus stop on the mothercare side but seems to be of taken away a while ago

10 Oct 2019, 5:24 pm #1,963

I just think the 58 would be much more deserving of a 'Decker allocation than the Loops. That actually does get busy enough all through the day to warrant them. I've driven the Loops in the past, as well as used them in College and I've never had a full standing load, outside of 8-9am on the 94.

deanmachine
10 Oct 2019, 5:24 pm #1,963

I just think the 58 would be much more deserving of a 'Decker allocation than the Loops. That actually does get busy enough all through the day to warrant them. I've driven the Loops in the past, as well as used them in College and I've never had a full standing load, outside of 8-9am on the 94.

JP6004

10 Oct 2019, 5:38 pm #1,964

(10 Oct 2019, 5:24 pm)deanmachine

Would be a bit of a downgrade to B9s. They aren't the nicest buses

JP6004
10 Oct 2019, 5:38 pm #1,964

(10 Oct 2019, 5:24 pm)deanmachine

10 Oct 2019, 6:22 pm #1,965

(10 Oct 2019, 5:38 pm)JP6004

I don't see how they're a downgrade from a Versa, not like they have USBs and e-Leather, I'd rather have a seat on a B9 then be a sardine on a "nicer" Versa.

deanmachine
10 Oct 2019, 6:22 pm #1,965

(10 Oct 2019, 5:38 pm)JP6004

I don't see how they're a downgrade from a Versa, not like they have USBs and e-Leather, I'd rather have a seat on a B9 then be a sardine on a "nicer" Versa.

BusLoverMum

10 Oct 2019, 6:40 pm #1,966

It did used to stop at the edge of the car park, opposite where topps tiles is. (edit to acknowledge that other people have made the same point!)

BusLoverMum
10 Oct 2019, 6:40 pm #1,966

It did used to stop at the edge of the car park, opposite where topps tiles is. (edit to acknowledge that other people have made the same point!)

Michael

18 Oct 2019, 7:13 pm #1,967
PB0003954/797 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Easington Lane, High Street to Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station
Service number: X1 (X1A)
Service type: Limited Stop, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 03 Nov 2019

Variation applications

Anymore details on this?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Oct 2019, 7:13 pm #1,967

PB0003954/797 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Easington Lane, High Street to Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station
Service number: X1 (X1A)
Service type: Limited Stop, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 03 Nov 2019

Variation applications

Anymore details on this?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Stanleyone

24 Oct 2019, 5:25 am #1,968
Couple of changes from 3rd of November.

V9 re-routed to serve Elm Park (Shotley Bridge)

X5/X15 extended from Consett to Shotley Bridge & Benfieldside (X5 clockwise loop / X15 anti-clockwise loop) pvr increase to 4.

Changes on Vosa site for Lumier.
Stanleyone
24 Oct 2019, 5:25 am #1,968

Couple of changes from 3rd of November.

X5/X15 extended from Consett to Shotley Bridge & Benfieldside (X5 clockwise loop / X15 anti-clockwise loop) pvr increase to 4.

24 Oct 2019, 4:34 pm #1,969
Any reason for the Extension to the X5/X15, is it replacing something, or is it something new because of increased Demand?
Arcticrossy92
24 Oct 2019, 4:34 pm #1,969

Any reason for the Extension to the X5/X15, is it replacing something, or is it something new because of increased Demand?

Stanleyone

24 Oct 2019, 5:11 pm #1,970

(24 Oct 2019, 4:34 pm)Arcticrossy92 Any reason for the Extension to the X5/X15, is it replacing something, or is it something new because of increased Demand?

It’s mainly going on unserved roads so increasing ridership. Also with Shotley bridge hospital being pretty much empty of services, I’d guess there might be a demand from the areas being served.

Stanleyone
24 Oct 2019, 5:11 pm #1,970

(24 Oct 2019, 4:34 pm)Arcticrossy92 Any reason for the Extension to the X5/X15, is it replacing something, or is it something new because of increased Demand?

It’s mainly going on unserved roads so increasing ridership. Also with Shotley bridge hospital being pretty much empty of services, I’d guess there might be a demand from the areas being served.

Wybus

24 Oct 2019, 9:16 pm #1,971
(24 Oct 2019, 5:25 am)Stanleyone Couple of changes from 3rd of November.

Although the extension doesn’t run at school times, so they won’t need any additional buses in total.
Wybus
24 Oct 2019, 9:16 pm #1,971

Although the extension doesn’t run at school times, so they won’t need any additional buses in total.

Stanleyone

25 Oct 2019, 9:51 am #1,972

(24 Oct 2019, 9:16 pm)Wybus Although the extension doesn’t run at school times, so they won’t need any additional buses in total.

1 bus will presumably go on an/pm scholars but a quick look at the following;

09:15 CBS

09:53 DBS arr

10:00 DBS dep

10:39 CBS arr

10:44 CBS dep

Shotley Bridge loop

11:10 CBS arr

Equal to 4 buses, currently 3. Hope that clears it.

Stanleyone
25 Oct 2019, 9:51 am #1,972

(24 Oct 2019, 9:16 pm)Wybus Although the extension doesn’t run at school times, so they won’t need any additional buses in total.

Shotley Bridge loop

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Oct 2019, 9:58 am #1,973
(25 Oct 2019, 9:51 am)Stanleyone

Shotley Bridge loop

Yes, it's essentially just one of the scholars buses finding work in between the AM/PM split.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dan
25 Oct 2019, 9:58 am #1,973

(25 Oct 2019, 9:51 am)Stanleyone

Shotley Bridge loop

Yes, it's essentially just one of the scholars buses finding work in between the AM/PM split.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

DH9

25 Oct 2019, 10:52 am #1,974

So when the V9 reaches the end of Benfieldside Road in Shotley Bridge, it will turn right instead past Elm Park, up towards Medomsley then go down Ebchester Bank past the Derwent Walk Inn to Ebchester?

Buses coming back from Chopwell will struggle going up Ebchester Bank the other way for sure if that is the case.

DH9
25 Oct 2019, 10:52 am #1,974

So when the V9 reaches the end of Benfieldside Road in Shotley Bridge, it will turn right instead past Elm Park, up towards Medomsley then go down Ebchester Bank past the Derwent Walk Inn to Ebchester?

Buses coming back from Chopwell will struggle going up Ebchester Bank the other way for sure if that is the case.

Stanleyone

25 Oct 2019, 11:53 am #1,975

(25 Oct 2019, 10:52 am)DH9

In my opinion if it’s a streetlite it will struggle, but some of those minibuses will be ok.

Stanleyone
25 Oct 2019, 11:53 am #1,975

In my opinion if it’s a streetlite it will struggle, but some of those minibuses will be ok.

Andreos1

25 Oct 2019, 1:01 pm #1,976

Assuming that these changes are connected to the conversation in the tender thread a few months back.

https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=848&page=51

Not a bad little earner diverting one service and extending another, using a vehicle that would otherwise be standing idle.

Hopefully the services are sustainable enough to last beyond the end of the funding.

Andreos1
25 Oct 2019, 1:01 pm #1,976

Assuming that these changes are connected to the conversation in the tender thread a few months back.

Not a bad little earner diverting one service and extending another, using a vehicle that would otherwise be standing idle.

Hopefully the services are sustainable enough to last beyond the end of the funding.

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Oct 2019, 1:04 pm #1,977

(25 Oct 2019, 1:01 pm)Andreos1

Yes it is, other improvements to the services include retrofitting free Wi-Fi and Next Stop Announcements.

Dan
25 Oct 2019, 1:04 pm #1,977

(25 Oct 2019, 1:01 pm)Andreos1

Yes it is, other improvements to the services include retrofitting free Wi-Fi and Next Stop Announcements.

Michael

25 Oct 2019, 4:16 pm #1,978
(25 Oct 2019, 1:04 pm)Dan

Is that for all the Venture services?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Oct 2019, 4:16 pm #1,978

(25 Oct 2019, 1:04 pm)Dan

Is that for all the Venture services?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimbo

30 Oct 2019, 8:39 pm #1,979

will this replace the Tesco bus T1

Jimbo
30 Oct 2019, 8:39 pm #1,979

Jamie M

31 Oct 2019, 5:53 am #1,980

(30 Oct 2019, 8:39 pm)Jimbo

I don't personally believe it will, somebody is paying out for that contract to run -- and it has stipulations about when and where you can board.

Jamie M
31 Oct 2019, 5:53 am #1,980

(30 Oct 2019, 8:39 pm)Jimbo

I don't personally believe it will, somebody is paying out for that contract to run -- and it has stipulations about when and where you can board.

Pages (108): Previous 198 99 100108 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average