Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events NNRG - Road run for 2017

NNRG - Road run for 2017

NNRG - Road run for 2017

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

14 Aug 2016, 12:31 pm #1
Hello.

The NNRG puts on A road run each year so people can travel on our buses wile not restricted to routs at the local events.

We have had some fantastic days out on these runs and we always like feed back from them.

With this in mind I would like to hear from people who have there ideas for such A run for perhaps next year. We get lots of peoples input but I have never asked peoples thoughts on A forum such as this.

So hears the brief.
The run must be held in the local area and on A Sunday. Departing from A known location and returning to this location. Also what bus you would use. The general time out for these runs is around 2 to 3 hours. That's including photo stops.  

Lets see what you can do.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.
Craig Smith
14 Aug 2016, 12:31 pm #1

Hello.

The NNRG puts on A road run each year so people can travel on our buses wile not restricted to routs at the local events.

We have had some fantastic days out on these runs and we always like feed back from them.

With this in mind I would like to hear from people who have there ideas for such A run for perhaps next year. We get lots of peoples input but I have never asked peoples thoughts on A forum such as this.

So hears the brief.
The run must be held in the local area and on A Sunday. Departing from A known location and returning to this location. Also what bus you would use. The general time out for these runs is around 2 to 3 hours. That's including photo stops.  

Lets see what you can do.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.

14 Aug 2016, 12:55 pm #2
Departing Stanley at 11:00am with stops at Consett before going via Tow Law and Stanhope, With Photo stops at both. Tow Law ( Inkerman Terminus ) and Stanhope Centre.
Then direct via Crook, Bishop Auckland and Spennymoor to Durham.
From Durham it will go via Chester Moor to Chester-Le-Street and then back to Stanley.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
14 Aug 2016, 12:55 pm #2

Departing Stanley at 11:00am with stops at Consett before going via Tow Law and Stanhope, With Photo stops at both. Tow Law ( Inkerman Terminus ) and Stanhope Centre.
Then direct via Crook, Bishop Auckland and Spennymoor to Durham.
From Durham it will go via Chester Moor to Chester-Le-Street and then back to Stanley.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Adrian

14 Aug 2016, 1:29 pm #3
Cover the 194/294 Washington routes? Both the Nationals and Renowns ran on those routes over time.

Something like meet at Heworth layover stands. Run the 294 route to Success (old Shiney Row College), a run to Easington Lane (or Hetton), and then the 194 back over to Heworth? Plenty room for photo stops along the route.

Whilst I appreciate that not every preservationist may be able to carry passengers on their vehicles, it'd be a nice idea if there were some 'guests' to the NNRG running day too? It worked well last year, with WHTT and Yesterbus both providing a National.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
14 Aug 2016, 1:29 pm #3

Cover the 194/294 Washington routes? Both the Nationals and Renowns ran on those routes over time.

Something like meet at Heworth layover stands. Run the 294 route to Success (old Shiney Row College), a run to Easington Lane (or Hetton), and then the 194 back over to Heworth? Plenty room for photo stops along the route.

Whilst I appreciate that not every preservationist may be able to carry passengers on their vehicles, it'd be a nice idea if there were some 'guests' to the NNRG running day too? It worked well last year, with WHTT and Yesterbus both providing a National.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

14 Aug 2016, 5:40 pm #4
(14 Aug 2016, 1:29 pm)Adrian Cover the 194/294 Washington routes? Both the Nationals and Renowns ran on those routes over time.

Surely it has to be Harraton for the 294? It only went to Success for a short spell prior to its eventual withdrawal.

Maybe have the National do one version of the 294 and the Renown, the other? Followed by an X94 from Easington Lane (again, a route they both operated)
Edited 14 Aug 2016, 5:41 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Aug 2016, 5:40 pm #4

(14 Aug 2016, 1:29 pm)Adrian Cover the 194/294 Washington routes? Both the Nationals and Renowns ran on those routes over time.

Surely it has to be Harraton for the 294? It only went to Success for a short spell prior to its eventual withdrawal.

Maybe have the National do one version of the 294 and the Renown, the other? Followed by an X94 from Easington Lane (again, a route they both operated)

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Malarkey

14 Aug 2016, 6:59 pm #5
I think a combination of the old 638 & 777 would make for a great road run.

The trip would start at Sunderland Interchange going via Sunderland Royal Hospital, Grindon Mill & Hastings Hill, with the (first photo stop of the run being at Herrington Country Park/Penshaw Monument), we would then continue along the route via Fatfield, Rickleton, Lambton (Quick Photo Stop) just so I can a few shots of 4855 and 4710 on my doorstep, Washington Galleries & Blackfell, then we would run through Springwell, Wrekenton and Harlow Green to the Angel of the North for (Photo Stop/Break). 

After that we would go through Low Fell & Gateshead to Newcastle Pilgrim Street to finish the 777 section of the trip with a (Quick Photo Stop), we would then head of Newcastle via Central Station and over Redheugh Bridge to Whickham where we will rejoin the 638 Route, going along Whicham Highway/Front Street and down Swalwell Bank to Swallwell before heading through Blaydon and powering up Blaydon Bank to Winlaton Bus Terminus for another (Photo Stop). We would then depart Winlaton for final stretch of the run via North Street/Blaydon Bank back down to Blaydon before heading along the B6317 via Ryton to Crawcrook where we would finish up the 638.

This would mark the end of the road run before heading back home dropping off at Gateshead and Washington Galleries only on the return trip.

Pickup Points - Sunderland Interchange, Washington Galleries, Gateshead Interchange & Newcastle Pilgrim Street

Return Drop Off Points - Gateshead Interchange and Washington Galleries (Numerous Services to connect to return Home)

Photo Stops - Herrington Country Park/Penshaw Monument - Lambton Village Centre - Angel of the North - Newcastle Pilgrim Street - Winlaton & Crawcrook
Maybe room for a few other stops along the run at scenic locations.
Malarkey
14 Aug 2016, 6:59 pm #5

I think a combination of the old 638 & 777 would make for a great road run.

The trip would start at Sunderland Interchange going via Sunderland Royal Hospital, Grindon Mill & Hastings Hill, with the (first photo stop of the run being at Herrington Country Park/Penshaw Monument), we would then continue along the route via Fatfield, Rickleton, Lambton (Quick Photo Stop) just so I can a few shots of 4855 and 4710 on my doorstep, Washington Galleries & Blackfell, then we would run through Springwell, Wrekenton and Harlow Green to the Angel of the North for (Photo Stop/Break). 

After that we would go through Low Fell & Gateshead to Newcastle Pilgrim Street to finish the 777 section of the trip with a (Quick Photo Stop), we would then head of Newcastle via Central Station and over Redheugh Bridge to Whickham where we will rejoin the 638 Route, going along Whicham Highway/Front Street and down Swalwell Bank to Swallwell before heading through Blaydon and powering up Blaydon Bank to Winlaton Bus Terminus for another (Photo Stop). We would then depart Winlaton for final stretch of the run via North Street/Blaydon Bank back down to Blaydon before heading along the B6317 via Ryton to Crawcrook where we would finish up the 638.

This would mark the end of the road run before heading back home dropping off at Gateshead and Washington Galleries only on the return trip.

Pickup Points - Sunderland Interchange, Washington Galleries, Gateshead Interchange & Newcastle Pilgrim Street

Return Drop Off Points - Gateshead Interchange and Washington Galleries (Numerous Services to connect to return Home)

Photo Stops - Herrington Country Park/Penshaw Monument - Lambton Village Centre - Angel of the North - Newcastle Pilgrim Street - Winlaton & Crawcrook
Maybe room for a few other stops along the run at scenic locations.

LVK 404L

01 Nov 2016, 3:29 pm #6
I'm looking to arrange something similar in the South Shields Whitburn Seaburn area. but along the lines of the Kirkby Stephen rally.  Again on a Sunday but have buses in operation all day along the coast stopping all stops and having donations to each bus.
LVK 404L
01 Nov 2016, 3:29 pm #6

I'm looking to arrange something similar in the South Shields Whitburn Seaburn area. but along the lines of the Kirkby Stephen rally.  Again on a Sunday but have buses in operation all day along the coast stopping all stops and having donations to each bus.

05 Nov 2016, 10:28 am #7
Hello.

we have some really good ideas for next years road run. It will depend on what we have available at the time as to what is allocated to the run. That said we are hoping to have 4710 and 4855 available.

Also we are hoping to move from Tow Law soon as the shed is now to small for our needs. With this we will then be able to have open days and working party days for those who want to get more involved with the group. They will need to be A member of the group via our membership scheme.

More news to follow.

Craig Smith
05 Nov 2016, 10:28 am #7

Hello.

we have some really good ideas for next years road run. It will depend on what we have available at the time as to what is allocated to the run. That said we are hoping to have 4710 and 4855 available.

Also we are hoping to move from Tow Law soon as the shed is now to small for our needs. With this we will then be able to have open days and working party days for those who want to get more involved with the group. They will need to be A member of the group via our membership scheme.

More news to follow.

05 Nov 2016, 10:30 am #8
(01 Nov 2016, 3:29 pm)ifm001 I'm looking to arrange something similar in the South Shields Whitburn Seaburn area. but along the lines of the Kirkby Stephen rally.  Again on a Sunday but have buses in operation all day along the coast stopping all stops and having donations to each bus.

Hello.

You will have to make sure that your event will not clash with any other event.

Craig Smith
05 Nov 2016, 10:30 am #8

(01 Nov 2016, 3:29 pm)ifm001 I'm looking to arrange something similar in the South Shields Whitburn Seaburn area. but along the lines of the Kirkby Stephen rally.  Again on a Sunday but have buses in operation all day along the coast stopping all stops and having donations to each bus.

Hello.

You will have to make sure that your event will not clash with any other event.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average