Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Cycling Thread + Log

Cycling Thread + Log

Cycling Thread + Log

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jamie M

Unregistered

09 Dec 2016, 11:41 am #3
(09 Dec 2016, 11:15 am)Andreos1 Depending what you are in to, there's loads of little off-road sections around Penshaw and Fatfield alongside the river. A big chunk forms the C2C. Obviously you have the C2C stuff from Washington that sticks with the old railway lines towards Consett and beyond too.

I have a hybrid bike that I use on both path and road. I do prefer the roads though, even though it is a big bike. It's not that dangerous so long as you are always checking. Incidients such as James Cox and the bus make me think twice. If there is a HGV and it's a country road, I simply pull over to the side. The places you have to be careful are where it's a country lane which bends because drivers can't forward plan from a distance. The cycle paths aren't well maintained outside of cities, so I only use them to cut out a sizeable amount of time off - or to cut off dangerous sections of roads. A cycle is a road vehicle, you are entitled to a full lane so I find perference to be on the tarmac. The paths near consett are also trash, and I'd recommend against their usage.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
09 Dec 2016, 11:41 am #3

(09 Dec 2016, 11:15 am)Andreos1 Depending what you are in to, there's loads of little off-road sections around Penshaw and Fatfield alongside the river. A big chunk forms the C2C. Obviously you have the C2C stuff from Washington that sticks with the old railway lines towards Consett and beyond too.

I have a hybrid bike that I use on both path and road. I do prefer the roads though, even though it is a big bike. It's not that dangerous so long as you are always checking. Incidients such as James Cox and the bus make me think twice. If there is a HGV and it's a country road, I simply pull over to the side. The places you have to be careful are where it's a country lane which bends because drivers can't forward plan from a distance. The cycle paths aren't well maintained outside of cities, so I only use them to cut out a sizeable amount of time off - or to cut off dangerous sections of roads. A cycle is a road vehicle, you are entitled to a full lane so I find perference to be on the tarmac. The paths near consett are also trash, and I'd recommend against their usage.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
Cycling Thread + Log - by Jamie M - 09 Dec 2016, 11:05 am
RE: Cycling Thread + Log - by Andreos1 - 09 Dec 2016, 11:15 am
RE: Cycling Thread + Log - by Jamie M - 09 Dec 2016, 11:41 am
RE: Cycling Thread + Log - by idiot - 09 Dec 2016, 3:17 pm
RE: Cycling Thread + Log - by Adrian - 09 Dec 2016, 6:28 pm
RE: Cycling Thread + Log - by Jamie M - 09 Dec 2016, 6:49 pm
RE: Cycling Thread + Log - by idiot - 09 Dec 2016, 9:56 pm
RE: Cycling Thread + Log - by Jamie M - 09 Dec 2016, 10:16 pm
RE: Cycling Thread + Log - by Jamie M - 19 Dec 2016, 11:53 am