Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events 500 Group Annual Teesside Running Day 2017

500 Group Annual Teesside Running Day 2017

500 Group Annual Teesside Running Day 2017

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
MurdnunoC

23 Apr 2017, 6:07 pm #21
Good day as always; a real credit to the 500 Group who work hard to make this probably the premier event in the North East's bus enthusiast calendar.

A variety of routes available to experience and enjoy including one that took in an old trolleybus turn around South Bank, Grangetown and Eston as well as a ticketed coach ride up to Great Ayton and Stokesley.

Even Jimmi had no complaints when I last spoke to him at approx 4:00pm - although he still had an X66 journey back to Darlington then onto Newton Aycliffe so we may yet still see something in the annoyance thread Wink
MurdnunoC
23 Apr 2017, 6:07 pm #21

Good day as always; a real credit to the 500 Group who work hard to make this probably the premier event in the North East's bus enthusiast calendar.

A variety of routes available to experience and enjoy including one that took in an old trolleybus turn around South Bank, Grangetown and Eston as well as a ticketed coach ride up to Great Ayton and Stokesley.

Even Jimmi had no complaints when I last spoke to him at approx 4:00pm - although he still had an X66 journey back to Darlington then onto Newton Aycliffe so we may yet still see something in the annoyance thread Wink

Charles41

23 Apr 2017, 6:14 pm #22
I thought it was a great day out. I'm shattered now though. I got a 1999 Northumberland bus timetable for £2.00. A great bargain.

A well organised and well attended event. Probably the best rally in the north east.

It will be interesting to see what Spillers Wharf is like.

Charles
Charles41
23 Apr 2017, 6:14 pm #22

I thought it was a great day out. I'm shattered now though. I got a 1999 Northumberland bus timetable for £2.00. A great bargain.

A well organised and well attended event. Probably the best rally in the north east.

It will be interesting to see what Spillers Wharf is like.

Charles

23 Apr 2017, 6:22 pm #23
I also enjoyed today. I arrived with Adrian and MurdnunoC and met with Dan at the south of the Transporter Bridge where vehicles were assembled. We enjoyed a journey to Middlesbrough and back on Stagecarriage's R833OVN (ex-Stagecoach 16833), returning just after 11am. We then acquired some tickets for the coach excursion in the afternoon as well as a programme. Sean, Jimmi, Adrian and myself took a trip to Yarm on MCW Metrobus 3501 (UTN501Y), which was fantastic, but they bailed at Stockton High Street on the return journey. I got back to the Transporter at about 1340, giving me 25 minutes to kill before the Dewsbury Bus Museum's Royal Tiger Doyen departed with the excursion to Great Ayton and Stokesley, in the company of Dan and MurdnunoC; a world away from the industrial Teesside many of us are accustomed to. Following this, I took a trip to Stockton High Street on United Bristol RE 6080 (SHN80L), which sounded amazing. A brief wait at Stockton ensued until the ex-Magic Bus Dennis Dominator, H132GVM, picked up a small load and returned to the Transporter, at which point I called it a day.

Well organised and enough to keep me occupied, as well as five winners for haulage and some good photos, I'll be there next year. Big Grin
R852 PRG
23 Apr 2017, 6:22 pm #23

I also enjoyed today. I arrived with Adrian and MurdnunoC and met with Dan at the south of the Transporter Bridge where vehicles were assembled. We enjoyed a journey to Middlesbrough and back on Stagecarriage's R833OVN (ex-Stagecoach 16833), returning just after 11am. We then acquired some tickets for the coach excursion in the afternoon as well as a programme. Sean, Jimmi, Adrian and myself took a trip to Yarm on MCW Metrobus 3501 (UTN501Y), which was fantastic, but they bailed at Stockton High Street on the return journey. I got back to the Transporter at about 1340, giving me 25 minutes to kill before the Dewsbury Bus Museum's Royal Tiger Doyen departed with the excursion to Great Ayton and Stokesley, in the company of Dan and MurdnunoC; a world away from the industrial Teesside many of us are accustomed to. Following this, I took a trip to Stockton High Street on United Bristol RE 6080 (SHN80L), which sounded amazing. A brief wait at Stockton ensued until the ex-Magic Bus Dennis Dominator, H132GVM, picked up a small load and returned to the Transporter, at which point I called it a day.

Well organised and enough to keep me occupied, as well as five winners for haulage and some good photos, I'll be there next year. Big Grin

Kuyoyo

23 Apr 2017, 6:43 pm #24
Apologies for not posting anything this morning bar the first departures - while we didn't have any issues like last year, I was still in the deep end helping arrange parking etc etc. Plus the endless changes to the runs.

Over the course of the day, we lost just 3 journeys - two shorts to the bus station at the start and end of the day (the morning one was the 1125 via the Railway Station, the other being the 1615 11 going under Albert Bridge) plus the 1415 11. A few changes late afternoon due to a lack of driver for UTN501Y - which did result in HPK507N providing the last Stockton run.

Indeed the popularity of HPK507N did result in a few extra short Bus Station runs during what were meant to be breaks.

I do believe the majority on here will have heard about the lack of the Eden in attendance this year - while this is a disappointment, it did allow the GM Buses Dennis Dominator to revive the type on Teesside.

There are a few lessons we have learnt this year - and will hopefully bring into practice next year. But once again, the day went without a hitch and hopefully next year will likewise.

Oh, and as a footnote - for anyone who noticed, the lack of our own 99, she's currently parked up requiring work. Sadly, she won't be appearing this season so hopefully this time next year we will be celebrating her return to the road.
Kuyoyo
23 Apr 2017, 6:43 pm #24

Apologies for not posting anything this morning bar the first departures - while we didn't have any issues like last year, I was still in the deep end helping arrange parking etc etc. Plus the endless changes to the runs.

Over the course of the day, we lost just 3 journeys - two shorts to the bus station at the start and end of the day (the morning one was the 1125 via the Railway Station, the other being the 1615 11 going under Albert Bridge) plus the 1415 11. A few changes late afternoon due to a lack of driver for UTN501Y - which did result in HPK507N providing the last Stockton run.

Indeed the popularity of HPK507N did result in a few extra short Bus Station runs during what were meant to be breaks.

I do believe the majority on here will have heard about the lack of the Eden in attendance this year - while this is a disappointment, it did allow the GM Buses Dennis Dominator to revive the type on Teesside.

There are a few lessons we have learnt this year - and will hopefully bring into practice next year. But once again, the day went without a hitch and hopefully next year will likewise.

Oh, and as a footnote - for anyone who noticed, the lack of our own 99, she's currently parked up requiring work. Sadly, she won't be appearing this season so hopefully this time next year we will be celebrating her return to the road.

Adrian

23 Apr 2017, 7:05 pm #25
My second time of attending this event, and yet another perfect sunny day.

I was really impressed again, and in my opinion, the 500 group's organisation is second to none. Any timetable changes appeared minimal, but completely outside of the group's control, and there was a real variety of buses that turned up to do runs out. I particularly enjoyed my trips out on UTN501Y and B251NVN. I had wanted a ride out on HPK507N, but this had proved to be a real hit. I don't think a single run went out with an empty seat! Smile

It is perhaps a credit to the group and their organisation, that this event seems to constantly attract entrants from outside the North East. Which is something I find few and far between at other NE rallies.

So a big thanks to the 500 Group for a fantastic day out, and of course to the preservationists that supported and allowed us to ride on their fantastic buses.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
23 Apr 2017, 7:05 pm #25

My second time of attending this event, and yet another perfect sunny day.

I was really impressed again, and in my opinion, the 500 group's organisation is second to none. Any timetable changes appeared minimal, but completely outside of the group's control, and there was a real variety of buses that turned up to do runs out. I particularly enjoyed my trips out on UTN501Y and B251NVN. I had wanted a ride out on HPK507N, but this had proved to be a real hit. I don't think a single run went out with an empty seat! Smile

It is perhaps a credit to the group and their organisation, that this event seems to constantly attract entrants from outside the North East. Which is something I find few and far between at other NE rallies.

So a big thanks to the 500 Group for a fantastic day out, and of course to the preservationists that supported and allowed us to ride on their fantastic buses.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Jimmi

23 Apr 2017, 7:12 pm #26
As MurdnunoC said, I did actually have no complaints for once and had a cracking day at this rally today, as I always do.

Got some cracking haulage on some vehicle's I had yet to sample and a few I have ridden previously getting up to Yarm and Norton plus many laps of Middlesbrough and Stockton.

I didn't get chance to speak or say hi to some of the people there I wanted to say hello to, mainly because of the usual nerves of having to start a conversation setting in at times, plus just been in the wrong places at the wrong times and being around others.

Now the moment you have all been waiting for... It's of course the Jimmi's Transport Photos Flickr plug! Tongue Big Grin
https://flic.kr/s/aHskYjThQ5

I will be at the Spiiler's Warf event next Sunday although I am uncertain as to what time I will be arriving there yet, as I am now going to a gig that evening in Newcastle, funnily enough just down the road from the rally.
Jimmi
23 Apr 2017, 7:12 pm #26

As MurdnunoC said, I did actually have no complaints for once and had a cracking day at this rally today, as I always do.

Got some cracking haulage on some vehicle's I had yet to sample and a few I have ridden previously getting up to Yarm and Norton plus many laps of Middlesbrough and Stockton.

I didn't get chance to speak or say hi to some of the people there I wanted to say hello to, mainly because of the usual nerves of having to start a conversation setting in at times, plus just been in the wrong places at the wrong times and being around others.

Now the moment you have all been waiting for... It's of course the Jimmi's Transport Photos Flickr plug! Tongue Big Grin
https://flic.kr/s/aHskYjThQ5

I will be at the Spiiler's Warf event next Sunday although I am uncertain as to what time I will be arriving there yet, as I am now going to a gig that evening in Newcastle, funnily enough just down the road from the rally.

Kuyoyo

23 Apr 2017, 7:17 pm #27
(23 Apr 2017, 7:05 pm)Adrian My second time of attending this event, and yet another perfect sunny day.

BIB: The only run I saw it do that it wasn't fully loaded - and that was the last one at 1600.
Kuyoyo
23 Apr 2017, 7:17 pm #27

(23 Apr 2017, 7:05 pm)Adrian My second time of attending this event, and yet another perfect sunny day.

BIB: The only run I saw it do that it wasn't fully loaded - and that was the last one at 1600.

Charles41

23 Apr 2017, 7:23 pm #28
Why did the Eden not attend this year?

Charles
Charles41
23 Apr 2017, 7:23 pm #28

Why did the Eden not attend this year?

Charles

MurdnunoC

23 Apr 2017, 7:27 pm #29
(23 Apr 2017, 7:12 pm)Jimmi As MurdnunoC said, I did actually have no complaints for once and had a cracking day at this rally today, as I always do.

Sounds like you were happy. Make a post in the happiness thread.
MurdnunoC
23 Apr 2017, 7:27 pm #29

(23 Apr 2017, 7:12 pm)Jimmi As MurdnunoC said, I did actually have no complaints for once and had a cracking day at this rally today, as I always do.

Sounds like you were happy. Make a post in the happiness thread.

23 Apr 2017, 7:53 pm #30
(23 Apr 2017, 4:47 pm)Dan Think everyone heard me a mile off, with the coughing and spluttering (apologies!)

Smile Smile Smile

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
23 Apr 2017, 7:53 pm #30

(23 Apr 2017, 4:47 pm)Dan Think everyone heard me a mile off, with the coughing and spluttering (apologies!)

Smile Smile Smile

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

Kuyoyo

23 Apr 2017, 8:10 pm #31
RE: The Eden vehicles not in attendance - that was due to parking issues at their depot. That's all I will put on that subject.
Kuyoyo
23 Apr 2017, 8:10 pm #31

RE: The Eden vehicles not in attendance - that was due to parking issues at their depot. That's all I will put on that subject.

23 Apr 2017, 10:24 pm #32
My highlights from today start from here -- https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
23 Apr 2017, 10:24 pm #32

My highlights from today start from here -- https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average