Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (8) Previous 1 2 38 Next
Michael

05 Jan 2017, 1:00 pm #21
(05 Jan 2017, 12:55 pm)Dan You didn't - 27510 was parked where you thought it was yesterday morning, at 7am.

The transfer has either taken place yesterday afternoon or this morning.

Tongue, i seen it on the afternoon, not sure what time though.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Jan 2017, 1:00 pm #21

(05 Jan 2017, 12:55 pm)Dan You didn't - 27510 was parked where you thought it was yesterday morning, at 7am.

The transfer has either taken place yesterday afternoon or this morning.

Tongue, i seen it on the afternoon, not sure what time though.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Jan 2017, 2:29 pm #22
(05 Jan 2017, 12:00 pm)RBZ 5459 Bare in mind that the Kinetics aren't all out yet, and they're included in seeing off all the 03/53 plate MANs. Although many have moved to disposal, there are a handful operating out of the reserve fleet, which include 22021 - plus that one has LED hanovers, so could be a contributing factor for it still plodding on.

Seems to be taking an awful long time to prepare these for service - they've been in the region for 9 months now, surely they can't have that much wrong with them?

Slatyford have had 22509 and 22511 for two months now following repaint - I expected that these would have been on the road by now, but can't find any photographs of them in service. I doubted the accuracy of our fleet lists, given that they'd been there for so long.
Dan
05 Jan 2017, 2:29 pm #22

(05 Jan 2017, 12:00 pm)RBZ 5459 Bare in mind that the Kinetics aren't all out yet, and they're included in seeing off all the 03/53 plate MANs. Although many have moved to disposal, there are a handful operating out of the reserve fleet, which include 22021 - plus that one has LED hanovers, so could be a contributing factor for it still plodding on.

Seems to be taking an awful long time to prepare these for service - they've been in the region for 9 months now, surely they can't have that much wrong with them?

Slatyford have had 22509 and 22511 for two months now following repaint - I expected that these would have been on the road by now, but can't find any photographs of them in service. I doubted the accuracy of our fleet lists, given that they'd been there for so long.

05 Jan 2017, 3:16 pm #23
(05 Jan 2017, 2:29 pm)Dan Seems to be taking an awful long time to prepare these for service - they've been in the region for 9 months now, surely they can't have that much wrong with them?

Can only assume it's down to depot costings, maybe a slight bit of reluctance(!). Quite a bit of money has been spent on sorting 22570/74/79/80/81 and they're barely par, I can only assume they keep being put on the back burner resulting in slow progress. Suppose fettling 13 buses at once (inc E300), MANs at that, together with their remaining MAN-heavy fleet (which is costly enough), would pretty much blow Slatyford's monthly budget and wouldn't look great when Slatyford in particular is trying to curb it's costings. 

Being 18.240s I'd assume the Kinetics have gone the same way as the E300s with climbing maintenance and high depreciation costs making more economic repairs the best way to keep them ticking over, then offloading to other regions meaning their acquired condition could be questionable... Pretty ironic as the Stockton ones seem to go well still.
Edited 05 Jan 2017, 3:30 pm by RBZ 5459.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
05 Jan 2017, 3:16 pm #23

(05 Jan 2017, 2:29 pm)Dan Seems to be taking an awful long time to prepare these for service - they've been in the region for 9 months now, surely they can't have that much wrong with them?

Can only assume it's down to depot costings, maybe a slight bit of reluctance(!). Quite a bit of money has been spent on sorting 22570/74/79/80/81 and they're barely par, I can only assume they keep being put on the back burner resulting in slow progress. Suppose fettling 13 buses at once (inc E300), MANs at that, together with their remaining MAN-heavy fleet (which is costly enough), would pretty much blow Slatyford's monthly budget and wouldn't look great when Slatyford in particular is trying to curb it's costings. 

Being 18.240s I'd assume the Kinetics have gone the same way as the E300s with climbing maintenance and high depreciation costs making more economic repairs the best way to keep them ticking over, then offloading to other regions meaning their acquired condition could be questionable... Pretty ironic as the Stockton ones seem to go well still.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

LiamD55

05 Jan 2017, 4:35 pm #24
Anyone know whats wrong with 19194 at Slatyford ? Hasnt been on the road for months as far as im aware
LiamD55
05 Jan 2017, 4:35 pm #24

Anyone know whats wrong with 19194 at Slatyford ? Hasnt been on the road for months as far as im aware

05 Jan 2017, 5:12 pm #25
(05 Jan 2017, 3:16 pm)RBZ 5459 Can only assume it's down to depot costings, maybe a slight bit of reluctance(!). Quite a bit of money has been spent on sorting 22570/74/79/80/81 and they're barely par, I can only assume they keep being put on the back burner resulting in slow progress. Suppose fettling 13 buses at once (inc E300), MANs at that, together with their remaining MAN-heavy fleet (which is costly enough), would pretty much blow Slatyford's monthly budget and wouldn't look great when Slatyford in particular is trying to curb it's costings. 

They have mixed quality between them, The majority are/seem wrecked and the one or two that are actually ok.

All internally are ok in my opinion, But the mechanical condition of a few of them is rather bad.

Ive noticed 22512 and 22514 have had their setup modified ( kickdown turned off is one of them ) to save there engine's from going bang, So thieve either had there engine's replaced in the past or there current engine is on the brink, Which is a familiar trait for MAN's! Unfortunately this has resulted in them becoming rather sluggish.
22513 is in a lot better condition than the above two, With it being in original condition mechanically and performs well, Though I felt it was on the brink of overheating when I last had it on the X47, Also had a few rather unhealthy squeals come from the gearbox too.

18.240's I believe are the heaviest single deck chassis that was on the market at the time, And MAN's aren't exactly fuel efficient either.

The Enviro300 bodied MAN's feel a lot better than the Kinetic's, But some rather unhealthy squeals etc coming from them too, I'm sure there is only one of them that sounds healthy.

There hit and miss to be honest.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
05 Jan 2017, 5:12 pm #25

(05 Jan 2017, 3:16 pm)RBZ 5459 Can only assume it's down to depot costings, maybe a slight bit of reluctance(!). Quite a bit of money has been spent on sorting 22570/74/79/80/81 and they're barely par, I can only assume they keep being put on the back burner resulting in slow progress. Suppose fettling 13 buses at once (inc E300), MANs at that, together with their remaining MAN-heavy fleet (which is costly enough), would pretty much blow Slatyford's monthly budget and wouldn't look great when Slatyford in particular is trying to curb it's costings. 

They have mixed quality between them, The majority are/seem wrecked and the one or two that are actually ok.

All internally are ok in my opinion, But the mechanical condition of a few of them is rather bad.

Ive noticed 22512 and 22514 have had their setup modified ( kickdown turned off is one of them ) to save there engine's from going bang, So thieve either had there engine's replaced in the past or there current engine is on the brink, Which is a familiar trait for MAN's! Unfortunately this has resulted in them becoming rather sluggish.
22513 is in a lot better condition than the above two, With it being in original condition mechanically and performs well, Though I felt it was on the brink of overheating when I last had it on the X47, Also had a few rather unhealthy squeals come from the gearbox too.

18.240's I believe are the heaviest single deck chassis that was on the market at the time, And MAN's aren't exactly fuel efficient either.

The Enviro300 bodied MAN's feel a lot better than the Kinetic's, But some rather unhealthy squeals etc coming from them too, I'm sure there is only one of them that sounds healthy.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

05 Jan 2017, 6:00 pm #26
(05 Jan 2017, 4:35 pm)LiamD55 Anyone know whats wrong with 19194 at Slatyford ? Hasnt been on the road for months as far as im aware

Was a sluggish dog at Walkergate that one. Had a rather odd gearbox meaning it over-reved through the gears with very little speed... 

(05 Jan 2017, 5:12 pm)South Tyne Lad They have mixed quality between them, The majority are/seem wrecked and the one or two that are actually ok.

Probably to stop them overheating. One of the problems with the 18.240s is the engine layout in relation to the radiator and cooling system. One of the Cumbria & North Lancs ones (24116) received extra grill modifications to the rear early in its life, but voided it of its warranty funnily enough.... To be fair, MAN Truck & Coach haven't exactly done the best of job when it comes to them.

Squealing and chucking belts another woe...
Edited 05 Jan 2017, 6:01 pm by RBZ 5459.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
05 Jan 2017, 6:00 pm #26

(05 Jan 2017, 4:35 pm)LiamD55 Anyone know whats wrong with 19194 at Slatyford ? Hasnt been on the road for months as far as im aware

Was a sluggish dog at Walkergate that one. Had a rather odd gearbox meaning it over-reved through the gears with very little speed... 

(05 Jan 2017, 5:12 pm)South Tyne Lad They have mixed quality between them, The majority are/seem wrecked and the one or two that are actually ok.

Probably to stop them overheating. One of the problems with the 18.240s is the engine layout in relation to the radiator and cooling system. One of the Cumbria & North Lancs ones (24116) received extra grill modifications to the rear early in its life, but voided it of its warranty funnily enough.... To be fair, MAN Truck & Coach haven't exactly done the best of job when it comes to them.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

jack

05 Jan 2017, 6:30 pm #27
have slatyford even got 22570 also will it be put into 100 livery or standard stagecoach swoops

i belive 22509 and 22511 are still waiting behind the depot as slatyford have probily had two much to do with the e300 the tridents also has the dart that transferred from hartlepool entered service at slatyford or was that just there for repairs
Edited 05 Jan 2017, 6:34 pm by jack.
jack
05 Jan 2017, 6:30 pm #27

have slatyford even got 22570 also will it be put into 100 livery or standard stagecoach swoops

i belive 22509 and 22511 are still waiting behind the depot as slatyford have probily had two much to do with the e300 the tridents also has the dart that transferred from hartlepool entered service at slatyford or was that just there for repairs

05 Jan 2017, 7:16 pm #28
(05 Jan 2017, 6:30 pm)jack have slatyford even got 22570 also will it be put into 100 livery or standard stagecoach swoops

22570 is being prepped for service, it should be at Slatyford repainted at least (it's had its e-leather done too). No reason to think it wouldn't be branded for the 100, PVR is 5.
Unsure which Dart you mean, not heard of any Dart movements.
Edited 05 Jan 2017, 7:17 pm by RBZ 5459.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
05 Jan 2017, 7:16 pm #28

(05 Jan 2017, 6:30 pm)jack have slatyford even got 22570 also will it be put into 100 livery or standard stagecoach swoops

22570 is being prepped for service, it should be at Slatyford repainted at least (it's had its e-leather done too). No reason to think it wouldn't be branded for the 100, PVR is 5.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Jan 2017, 7:18 pm #29
(05 Jan 2017, 7:16 pm)RBZ 5459 22570 is being prepped for service, it should be at Slatyford repainted at least (it's had its e-leather done too). No reason to think it wouldn't be branded for the 100, PVR is 5.

34567 was at Slatyford for some time.

It's back at Sunderland now - round the back.
Dan
05 Jan 2017, 7:18 pm #29

(05 Jan 2017, 7:16 pm)RBZ 5459 22570 is being prepped for service, it should be at Slatyford repainted at least (it's had its e-leather done too). No reason to think it wouldn't be branded for the 100, PVR is 5.

34567 was at Slatyford for some time.

It's back at Sunderland now - round the back.

05 Jan 2017, 8:17 pm #30
(05 Jan 2017, 6:00 pm)RBZ 5459 Probably to stop them overheating. One of the problems with the 18.240s is the engine layout in relation to the radiator and cooling system. One of the Cumbria & North Lancs ones (24116) received extra grill modifications to the rear early in its life, but voided it of its warranty funnily enough.... To be fair, MAN Truck & Coach haven't exactly done the best of job when it comes to them.

Its a shame the engine bay was designed so badly, As the rest of the vehicle itself is a good one, Powerful, Smooth Ride and a solid chassis that seems* to be bulletproof.
They are monster people movers though, They have countless rows of seats in the Enviro bodied ones.

They should consider these extra grills in my opinion, Or the addition of the Avid E-Fan, Or are these things too costly for the budget in place there?

South Tyne Lad
05 Jan 2017, 8:17 pm #30

(05 Jan 2017, 6:00 pm)RBZ 5459 Probably to stop them overheating. One of the problems with the 18.240s is the engine layout in relation to the radiator and cooling system. One of the Cumbria & North Lancs ones (24116) received extra grill modifications to the rear early in its life, but voided it of its warranty funnily enough.... To be fair, MAN Truck & Coach haven't exactly done the best of job when it comes to them.

Its a shame the engine bay was designed so badly, As the rest of the vehicle itself is a good one, Powerful, Smooth Ride and a solid chassis that seems* to be bulletproof.
They are monster people movers though, They have countless rows of seats in the Enviro bodied ones.

They should consider these extra grills in my opinion, Or the addition of the Avid E-Fan, Or are these things too costly for the budget in place there?

05 Jan 2017, 11:33 pm #31
(05 Jan 2017, 8:17 pm)South Tyne Lad Its a shame the engine bay was designed so badly, As the rest of the vehicle itself is a good one, Powerful, Smooth Ride and a solid chassis that seems* to be bulletproof.

They're much smoother on the road and sit better at speed than the Dennis examples in my opinion, especially at fast speeds like on routes like the 685.

Regardless of mods, many regions just want rid of the things as they're just too unreliable! 24116's mod.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
05 Jan 2017, 11:33 pm #31

(05 Jan 2017, 8:17 pm)South Tyne Lad Its a shame the engine bay was designed so badly, As the rest of the vehicle itself is a good one, Powerful, Smooth Ride and a solid chassis that seems* to be bulletproof.

They're much smoother on the road and sit better at speed than the Dennis examples in my opinion, especially at fast speeds like on routes like the 685.

Regardless of mods, many regions just want rid of the things as they're just too unreliable! 24116's mod.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

06 Jan 2017, 5:08 pm #32

It's on the road today. It left St Marys Place on 10 to Kenton a few minutes ago.
neilwatson
06 Jan 2017, 5:08 pm #32

It's on the road today. It left St Marys Place on 10 to Kenton a few minutes ago.

LiamD55

06 Jan 2017, 6:48 pm #33
(06 Jan 2017, 5:08 pm)neilwatson It's on the road today. It left St Marys Place on 10 to Kenton a few minutes ago.

Must of not long been back it broke down on central motorway early/mid november doing the X88 never seen it since ! good to know its back.
LiamD55
06 Jan 2017, 6:48 pm #33

(06 Jan 2017, 5:08 pm)neilwatson It's on the road today. It left St Marys Place on 10 to Kenton a few minutes ago.

Must of not long been back it broke down on central motorway early/mid november doing the X88 never seen it since ! good to know its back.

06 Jan 2017, 11:22 pm #34
(06 Jan 2017, 6:48 pm)LiamD55 Must of not long been back it broke down on central motorway early/mid november doing the X88 never seen it since ! good to know its back.

Pulled straight into the workshops when it ran off tonight so might have been a brief return!
stagecoachbusdepot
06 Jan 2017, 11:22 pm #34

(06 Jan 2017, 6:48 pm)LiamD55 Must of not long been back it broke down on central motorway early/mid november doing the X88 never seen it since ! good to know its back.

Pulled straight into the workshops when it ran off tonight so might have been a brief return!

Youngymmv

09 Jan 2017, 12:58 pm #35
Does anybody know if South Shields will be loosing 3 of there x34 e400s when the service returns to half hourly? I'd personally like to see 3 kept for peak journeys on economic routes with 3 e300s leaving instead.

Kind regards
Youngymmv
09 Jan 2017, 12:58 pm #35

Does anybody know if South Shields will be loosing 3 of there x34 e400s when the service returns to half hourly? I'd personally like to see 3 kept for peak journeys on economic routes with 3 e300s leaving instead.

Kind regards

Kuyoyo

09 Jan 2017, 1:03 pm #36
(09 Jan 2017, 12:58 pm)Youngymmv Does anybody know if South Shields will be loosing 3 of there x34 e400s when the service returns to half hourly? I'd personally like to see 3  kept for peak journeys on economic routes with 3 e300s leaving instead.

Kind regards

Yes, 3 of South Shields' E400 will be leaving the depot at the end of the month.
Kuyoyo
09 Jan 2017, 1:03 pm #36

(09 Jan 2017, 12:58 pm)Youngymmv Does anybody know if South Shields will be loosing 3 of there x34 e400s when the service returns to half hourly? I'd personally like to see 3  kept for peak journeys on economic routes with 3 e300s leaving instead.

Kind regards

Yes, 3 of South Shields' E400 will be leaving the depot at the end of the month.

Cock Robin

09 Jan 2017, 1:59 pm #37
Dan Offline
Site Administrator

Threads: 285

25/12/2016, 20:37
27510 currently at Sunderland for repaint.

I passed this on the A66 near Teesside Park one day last week heading for Middlesbrough still branded for the 100!
Cock Robin
09 Jan 2017, 1:59 pm #37

Dan Offline
Site Administrator

Threads: 285

25/12/2016, 20:37
27510 currently at Sunderland for repaint.

I passed this on the A66 near Teesside Park one day last week heading for Middlesbrough still branded for the 100!

cbma06

09 Jan 2017, 2:36 pm #38
(09 Jan 2017, 1:03 pm)Kuyoyo Yes, 3 of South Shields' E400 will be leaving the depot at the end of the month.

Shields need to get double deckers for the E services, too many times the E1 overcrowded already by the time it reaches roker park and town and passengers on this section having to stand or can't get on especially the elderly, wasn't to bad when service 18/19 went along harbour view and roker avenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
09 Jan 2017, 2:36 pm #38

(09 Jan 2017, 1:03 pm)Kuyoyo Yes, 3 of South Shields' E400 will be leaving the depot at the end of the month.

Shields need to get double deckers for the E services, too many times the E1 overcrowded already by the time it reaches roker park and town and passengers on this section having to stand or can't get on especially the elderly, wasn't to bad when service 18/19 went along harbour view and roker avenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 Jan 2017, 2:32 pm #39
I am told that 22570 has finally entered service.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
10 Jan 2017, 2:32 pm #39

I am told that 22570 has finally entered service.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Kuyoyo

10 Jan 2017, 2:53 pm #40
(03 Jan 2017, 6:39 pm)Dan Any word on 26078 entering service yet? It's the final Enviro 200MMC which has yet to have photographs appear on Flickr of it in service.

26078 is out on X47 today

[Image: 32246011696_e4378e3923_c.jpg]Stagecoach in Newcastle 26078 (SN66 WMM) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr

(10 Jan 2017, 2:32 pm)RBZ 5459 I am told that 22570 has finally entered service.

It certainly is - departed the city about 1440 for the Metrocentre

[Image: 32135201542_a38680898b_c.jpg]Stagecoach in Newcastle 22570 (SP08 DCV) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr
Edited 13 Jan 2017, 4:20 pm by Kuyoyo.
Kuyoyo
10 Jan 2017, 2:53 pm #40

(03 Jan 2017, 6:39 pm)Dan Any word on 26078 entering service yet? It's the final Enviro 200MMC which has yet to have photographs appear on Flickr of it in service.

26078 is out on X47 today

[Image: 32246011696_e4378e3923_c.jpg]Stagecoach in Newcastle 26078 (SN66 WMM) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr

(10 Jan 2017, 2:32 pm)RBZ 5459 I am told that 22570 has finally entered service.

It certainly is - departed the city about 1440 for the Metrocentre

[Image: 32135201542_a38680898b_c.jpg]Stagecoach in Newcastle 22570 (SP08 DCV) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr

Pages (8) Previous 1 2 38 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average