Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Flickr Trends

Flickr Trends

Flickr Trends

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jamie M

Unregistered

06 Jan 2017, 11:38 am #1
I've recently have been browsing through my backlog of mediocre flickr pictures.
My very first and very latest pictures are around 200 views each, both have only one like but the same tag and same groups added.
My pictures from boxing day have 200-300 views with very few likes. In the same timescale, my new years eve pics have as few as 13 and as many as 76 views with 1 like. My Consett/Sunderland pictures from summer also have extremely low view counts, until Great North Run day, where my post viewed - but least liked content lies. Most of the pictures are 400-600 views with only perhaps one like.
I have a picture of an Olympian from the 16th that has no likes and 150 views. Yet the day previously holds a picture of some olympians gaining more attention and more likes even though they have all been subject to the same options of attention on my part.

Given I have only 20 followers, it's not expected that I get many views, but my content seems to gain tonnes of attention for one or two days, but then the day after that, any content uploaded will be perhaps 80-100 views maxing. I have always uploaded my pictures first thing in the morning or last thing at night, both produce similar trends, added to the same groups and same tags. I don't have good equipment or anything, I'm not really known around the community so I'm not expecting anything as such. Any theories about how pictures can gain more or less attention under identical conditions? I've uploaded some real trash which has gotten loads of views but no likes, and some good stuff which has had loads of likes with hardly any views.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
06 Jan 2017, 11:38 am #1

I've recently have been browsing through my backlog of mediocre flickr pictures.
My very first and very latest pictures are around 200 views each, both have only one like but the same tag and same groups added.
My pictures from boxing day have 200-300 views with very few likes. In the same timescale, my new years eve pics have as few as 13 and as many as 76 views with 1 like. My Consett/Sunderland pictures from summer also have extremely low view counts, until Great North Run day, where my post viewed - but least liked content lies. Most of the pictures are 400-600 views with only perhaps one like.
I have a picture of an Olympian from the 16th that has no likes and 150 views. Yet the day previously holds a picture of some olympians gaining more attention and more likes even though they have all been subject to the same options of attention on my part.

Given I have only 20 followers, it's not expected that I get many views, but my content seems to gain tonnes of attention for one or two days, but then the day after that, any content uploaded will be perhaps 80-100 views maxing. I have always uploaded my pictures first thing in the morning or last thing at night, both produce similar trends, added to the same groups and same tags. I don't have good equipment or anything, I'm not really known around the community so I'm not expecting anything as such. Any theories about how pictures can gain more or less attention under identical conditions? I've uploaded some real trash which has gotten loads of views but no likes, and some good stuff which has had loads of likes with hardly any views.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jimmi

06 Jan 2017, 1:36 pm #2
(06 Jan 2017, 11:38 am)Jamie M I've recently have been browsing through my backlog of mediocre flickr pictures.

Could part of the reason for some of the differences of number of views be potentially down to the way they have been shared? If/when links are provided to photos on Flickr on this site, it tends to give you extra views.

Think photos could also vary just on what people are looking for, which groups they look in at any one time. There is also just the case of what time and how frequent people including your followers view your Flickr photos, one day they could look at one time but then look at a different time another day or could only look at Flickr a few times a week. Then there is the matter of how often people click through to view the photos.

It seems like it's pretty unpredictable what views/faves you can get, the way you describe your views is pretty much the same as what I thought when I started, as some days I'd get canny views but then another day I would get minimal activity, back at this point most of my uploads very pretty much only ever North East Buses but one set of Newcastle photos would do well then another set would do crap.

It's a strange one tbh, with no real answer. It's just a case of guessing what activity can get and what's the best thing to do to get better views.
Jimmi
06 Jan 2017, 1:36 pm #2

(06 Jan 2017, 11:38 am)Jamie M I've recently have been browsing through my backlog of mediocre flickr pictures.

Could part of the reason for some of the differences of number of views be potentially down to the way they have been shared? If/when links are provided to photos on Flickr on this site, it tends to give you extra views.

Think photos could also vary just on what people are looking for, which groups they look in at any one time. There is also just the case of what time and how frequent people including your followers view your Flickr photos, one day they could look at one time but then look at a different time another day or could only look at Flickr a few times a week. Then there is the matter of how often people click through to view the photos.

It seems like it's pretty unpredictable what views/faves you can get, the way you describe your views is pretty much the same as what I thought when I started, as some days I'd get canny views but then another day I would get minimal activity, back at this point most of my uploads very pretty much only ever North East Buses but one set of Newcastle photos would do well then another set would do crap.

It's a strange one tbh, with no real answer. It's just a case of guessing what activity can get and what's the best thing to do to get better views.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average