Menu

North East Buses The Site Problems & Suggestions Web browser notification suggestion

Web browser notification suggestion

Web browser notification suggestion

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jamie M

Unregistered

25 Feb 2017, 12:31 am #1
I often have NEB sitting in the background on my phone or laptop, I was wondering if there is the chance of a plugin that allows users to see notifications via an API that google chrome provides or whatever. Much like when enabled in facebook on google chrome, it will show a box in the bottom right corner of the screen like so (just googled picture):
[Image: Notifications.jpg]
My idea is that whenever somebody quotes you, posts in a selected thread or PMs you, it alerts you and describes as above. I believe the forums are currently quite static, and this would really bring it alive. I wouldn't have to periodically refresh my browser to see if something had happened or not - and believe me - I do it more than periodically during threads with an active conversation!
Thanks, Jamie.
Jamie M
25 Feb 2017, 12:31 am #1

I often have NEB sitting in the background on my phone or laptop, I was wondering if there is the chance of a plugin that allows users to see notifications via an API that google chrome provides or whatever. Much like when enabled in facebook on google chrome, it will show a box in the bottom right corner of the screen like so (just googled picture):
[Image: Notifications.jpg]
My idea is that whenever somebody quotes you, posts in a selected thread or PMs you, it alerts you and describes as above. I believe the forums are currently quite static, and this would really bring it alive. I wouldn't have to periodically refresh my browser to see if something had happened or not - and believe me - I do it more than periodically during threads with an active conversation!
Thanks, Jamie.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average