Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Events (Elsewhere) Kirkby Stephen and Brough Rally 2017

Kirkby Stephen and Brough Rally 2017

Kirkby Stephen and Brough Rally 2017

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
LVK 404L

31 Jan 2017, 12:22 pm #1
2017 event.

Wilkinson Travel South Shields have again confirmed their attendance at this event on Easter Sunday  Anyone wishing to join them on the day the tickets are £13 and coach departs South Shields at 08:00.

Was a great day last year.
LVK 404L
31 Jan 2017, 12:22 pm #1

2017 event.

Wilkinson Travel South Shields have again confirmed their attendance at this event on Easter Sunday  Anyone wishing to join them on the day the tickets are £13 and coach departs South Shields at 08:00.

Was a great day last year.

01 Mar 2017, 5:55 pm #2
Bit early for us.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.
Craig Smith
01 Mar 2017, 5:55 pm #2

Bit early for us.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.

LVK 404L

05 Mar 2017, 8:43 pm #3
(01 Mar 2017, 5:55 pm)Craig Smith Bit early for us.

Is it not possible for you to enter one of your vehicles though?
LVK 404L
05 Mar 2017, 8:43 pm #3

(01 Mar 2017, 5:55 pm)Craig Smith Bit early for us.

Is it not possible for you to enter one of your vehicles though?

22 Mar 2017, 4:32 pm #4
(05 Mar 2017, 8:43 pm)ifm001 Is it not possible for you to enter one of your vehicles though?

Our MOT test for both 4710 and 4855 are on the Monday after this event. We are hoping to get them both to the Bus and Coach Show... That is if they have a venue sorted out.

Craig Smith
22 Mar 2017, 4:32 pm #4

(05 Mar 2017, 8:43 pm)ifm001 Is it not possible for you to enter one of your vehicles though?

Our MOT test for both 4710 and 4855 are on the Monday after this event. We are hoping to get them both to the Bus and Coach Show... That is if they have a venue sorted out.

LVK 404L

14 Apr 2017, 6:08 pm #5
Just a reminder this event is this coming Sunday. Easter Sunday
LVK 404L
14 Apr 2017, 6:08 pm #5

Just a reminder this event is this coming Sunday. Easter Sunday

Charles41

14 Apr 2017, 6:36 pm #6
(14 Apr 2017, 6:08 pm)ifm001 Just a reminder this event is this coming Sunday. Easter Sunday

Do you know if there are any tickets left for the coach and where it picks up.

Charles
Charles41
14 Apr 2017, 6:36 pm #6

(14 Apr 2017, 6:08 pm)ifm001 Just a reminder this event is this coming Sunday. Easter Sunday

Do you know if there are any tickets left for the coach and where it picks up.

Charles

LVK 404L

15 Apr 2017, 7:26 am #7
(14 Apr 2017, 6:36 pm)Charles41 Do you know if there are any tickets left for the coach and where it picks up.

Charles

The coach I know of still has tickets. It's South Shields based

Pinking up at South Shields Westoe Road at 0745 and John Reid Road Mill Inn at 0800.

Can pay on day but I would go to John Reid Road to get on as parking is available free of charge if required and the coach doesn't always pick up on Westoe Road if no one is booked.

Facebook or Twitter them at Wilkinson Travel
LVK 404L
15 Apr 2017, 7:26 am #7

(14 Apr 2017, 6:36 pm)Charles41 Do you know if there are any tickets left for the coach and where it picks up.

Charles

The coach I know of still has tickets. It's South Shields based

Pinking up at South Shields Westoe Road at 0745 and John Reid Road Mill Inn at 0800.

Can pay on day but I would go to John Reid Road to get on as parking is available free of charge if required and the coach doesn't always pick up on Westoe Road if no one is booked.

15 Apr 2017, 12:19 pm #8
(15 Apr 2017, 7:26 am)ifm001 The coach I know of still has tickets. It's South Shields based

Im guessing the coach has been laid on by Westoe Travel if the coach is departing from Westoe? And will be ran by Wilkinson's Travel I'm guessing.

Would be a nice day out for me but I cannot attend unfortunately due to other plans.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
15 Apr 2017, 12:19 pm #8

(15 Apr 2017, 7:26 am)ifm001 The coach I know of still has tickets. It's South Shields based

Im guessing the coach has been laid on by Westoe Travel if the coach is departing from Westoe? And will be ran by Wilkinson's Travel I'm guessing.

Would be a nice day out for me but I cannot attend unfortunately due to other plans.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

LVK 404L

15 Apr 2017, 1:29 pm #9
(15 Apr 2017, 12:19 pm)South Tyne Lad Im guessing the coach has been laid on by Westoe Travel if the coach is departing from Westoe? And will be ran by Wilkinson's Travel I'm guessing.

No connection to Westoe Travel at all.

Wilkinson Travel has there own travel shop a few doors up in Westoe that's why there is a pick up there but Westoe Travel are in no way involved in this trip.
LVK 404L
15 Apr 2017, 1:29 pm #9

(15 Apr 2017, 12:19 pm)South Tyne Lad Im guessing the coach has been laid on by Westoe Travel if the coach is departing from Westoe? And will be ran by Wilkinson's Travel I'm guessing.

No connection to Westoe Travel at all.

Wilkinson Travel has there own travel shop a few doors up in Westoe that's why there is a pick up there but Westoe Travel are in no way involved in this trip.

Charles41

15 Apr 2017, 2:44 pm #10
(15 Apr 2017, 1:29 pm)ifm001 No connection to Westoe Travel at all.

I'm going to try and get to the mill Inn for 8.00. I tried to call Wilkinson travel but only reached an answer machine.

Charles
Charles41
15 Apr 2017, 2:44 pm #10

(15 Apr 2017, 1:29 pm)ifm001 No connection to Westoe Travel at all.

I'm going to try and get to the mill Inn for 8.00. I tried to call Wilkinson travel but only reached an answer machine.

Charles

LVK 404L

15 Apr 2017, 4:30 pm #11
(15 Apr 2017, 2:44 pm)Charles41 I'm going to try and get to the mill Inn for 8.00. I tried to call Wilkinson travel but only reached an answer machine.

Charles

Yes it's difficult to contact the office but you can turn up and pay on the day
LVK 404L
15 Apr 2017, 4:30 pm #11

(15 Apr 2017, 2:44 pm)Charles41 I'm going to try and get to the mill Inn for 8.00. I tried to call Wilkinson travel but only reached an answer machine.

Charles

Yes it's difficult to contact the office but you can turn up and pay on the day

16 Apr 2017, 5:09 pm #12
Really impressed by this event today despite the lack of information in my experience.
The amount of buses both running and as exhibits was very good. Plenty photo opportunities on various places along the road between Brough and Kirkby Stephen.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
16 Apr 2017, 5:09 pm #12

Really impressed by this event today despite the lack of information in my experience.
The amount of buses both running and as exhibits was very good. Plenty photo opportunities on various places along the road between Brough and Kirkby Stephen.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

LVK 404L

16 Apr 2017, 6:48 pm #13
(16 Apr 2017, 5:09 pm)northern156 Really impressed by this event today despite the lack of information in my experience.

How do you mean lack of information. Programmes were available at just £2.00 and buses literally queuing at both ends waiting for the passengers with minimal waiting at points in between. Also the drivers and Marshalls are happy to answer anything.  What were you uncertain about?

But agree a great day and a shame about the rain. But hey it rained last year too.
LVK 404L
16 Apr 2017, 6:48 pm #13

(16 Apr 2017, 5:09 pm)northern156 Really impressed by this event today despite the lack of information in my experience.

How do you mean lack of information. Programmes were available at just £2.00 and buses literally queuing at both ends waiting for the passengers with minimal waiting at points in between. Also the drivers and Marshalls are happy to answer anything.  What were you uncertain about?

But agree a great day and a shame about the rain. But hey it rained last year too.

MurdnunoC

16 Apr 2017, 6:58 pm #14
(16 Apr 2017, 6:48 pm)ifm001 How do you mean lack of information. Programmes were available at just £2.00 and buses literally queuing at both ends waiting for the passengers with minimal waiting at points in between. Also the drivers and Marshalls are happy to answer anything.  What were you uncertain about?

Admittedly, it was brief last-minute effort, but I found it hard to find any specific information about the event online - aside from this thread of course. Perhaps it was that to which Northern156 was alluding?

It was my first time attending this event and I quite enjoyed it. I would consider going next year.
MurdnunoC
16 Apr 2017, 6:58 pm #14

(16 Apr 2017, 6:48 pm)ifm001 How do you mean lack of information. Programmes were available at just £2.00 and buses literally queuing at both ends waiting for the passengers with minimal waiting at points in between. Also the drivers and Marshalls are happy to answer anything.  What were you uncertain about?

Admittedly, it was brief last-minute effort, but I found it hard to find any specific information about the event online - aside from this thread of course. Perhaps it was that to which Northern156 was alluding?

It was my first time attending this event and I quite enjoyed it. I would consider going next year.

LVK 404L

16 Apr 2017, 7:07 pm #15
(16 Apr 2017, 6:58 pm)MurdnunoC Admittedly, it was brief last-minute effort, but I found it hard to find any specific information about the event online - aside from this thread of course. Perhaps it was that to which Northern156 was alluding?

Think the web site info is under Eden Valley or along those lines.

Ithe is a shame there isn't a lot more advertising over this neck of the woods but I did see Stagecarriage, 111 Busways, Northern 3501, The Eden quite a few United vehicles and of course the Wilkinson Travel Tiger coach that is my transport. So a few vehicles representing Tyne and Wear / Co Durham.
LVK 404L
16 Apr 2017, 7:07 pm #15

(16 Apr 2017, 6:58 pm)MurdnunoC Admittedly, it was brief last-minute effort, but I found it hard to find any specific information about the event online - aside from this thread of course. Perhaps it was that to which Northern156 was alluding?

Think the web site info is under Eden Valley or along those lines.

Ithe is a shame there isn't a lot more advertising over this neck of the woods but I did see Stagecarriage, 111 Busways, Northern 3501, The Eden quite a few United vehicles and of course the Wilkinson Travel Tiger coach that is my transport. So a few vehicles representing Tyne and Wear / Co Durham.

Jimmi

16 Apr 2017, 7:07 pm #16
I attended the event again this year and quite enjoyed myself, was a shame about the weather though which did put a slight damper on things.

I've uploaded some photos to my Flickr with more being uploaded tomorrow: http://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/
Jimmi
16 Apr 2017, 7:07 pm #16

I attended the event again this year and quite enjoyed myself, was a shame about the weather though which did put a slight damper on things.

I've uploaded some photos to my Flickr with more being uploaded tomorrow: http://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/

Adrian

16 Apr 2017, 7:20 pm #17
(16 Apr 2017, 7:07 pm)ifm001 Think the web site info is under Eden Valley or along those lines.

I had no intention of attending anyway, but I do like to have a look online and see if I can get a rough idea of what is attending. I couldn't find a thing for this event, but I could say the same about a lot of events.

Great to see such a good turn out from the North East again. I've seen a few photos of 3501 and 6080 on their way there, looking very smart as per usual!

(16 Apr 2017, 7:07 pm)Jimmi I attended the event again this year and quite enjoyed myself, was a shame about the weather though which did put a slight damper on things.

I was waiting for the Jimmi flickr plug!  Tongue Nice photos, but it doesn't half look iike a wash out!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 Apr 2017, 7:20 pm #17

(16 Apr 2017, 7:07 pm)ifm001 Think the web site info is under Eden Valley or along those lines.

I had no intention of attending anyway, but I do like to have a look online and see if I can get a rough idea of what is attending. I couldn't find a thing for this event, but I could say the same about a lot of events.

Great to see such a good turn out from the North East again. I've seen a few photos of 3501 and 6080 on their way there, looking very smart as per usual!

(16 Apr 2017, 7:07 pm)Jimmi I attended the event again this year and quite enjoyed myself, was a shame about the weather though which did put a slight damper on things.

I was waiting for the Jimmi flickr plug!  Tongue Nice photos, but it doesn't half look iike a wash out!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Jimmi

16 Apr 2017, 7:38 pm #18
(16 Apr 2017, 7:20 pm)Adrian I had no intention of attending anyway, but I do like to have a look online and see if I can get a rough idea of what is attending. I couldn't find a thing for this event, but I could say the same about a lot of events.

I was waiting for the Jimmi flickr plug!   Nice photos, but it doesn't half look iike a wash out!

I hadn't seen much info on the rally beforehand other than the basic info to say when and where it would be held, I did get to figure out some of the attendees for today by seeing posts on certain preservation groups, preserved bus Facebook pages.

The North East scene had a fair few offerings at Kirkby Stephen today with a few trips being on offer to get down to there with me travelling to the rally on the Eden Leopard again, was even a trip from Darlington on a brand new Hodgsons Coaches VDL Futura!

You's can all mock me about my Flickr plugs but they can get you some extra views and attention
Jimmi
16 Apr 2017, 7:38 pm #18

(16 Apr 2017, 7:20 pm)Adrian I had no intention of attending anyway, but I do like to have a look online and see if I can get a rough idea of what is attending. I couldn't find a thing for this event, but I could say the same about a lot of events.

I was waiting for the Jimmi flickr plug!   Nice photos, but it doesn't half look iike a wash out!

I hadn't seen much info on the rally beforehand other than the basic info to say when and where it would be held, I did get to figure out some of the attendees for today by seeing posts on certain preservation groups, preserved bus Facebook pages.

The North East scene had a fair few offerings at Kirkby Stephen today with a few trips being on offer to get down to there with me travelling to the rally on the Eden Leopard again, was even a trip from Darlington on a brand new Hodgsons Coaches VDL Futura!

You's can all mock me about my Flickr plugs but they can get you some extra views and attention

MurdnunoC

16 Apr 2017, 7:49 pm #19
(16 Apr 2017, 7:38 pm)Jimmi I hadn't seen much info on the rally beforehand other than the basic info to say when and where it would be held, I did get to figure out some of the attendees for today by seeing posts on certain preservation groups, preserved bus Facebook pages.

You see, I don't really subscribe to any preservation groups. As my interest in buses is more casual than most, a little more promotion aside from the bare minimum may attract even more attendees to events such as this. That being said, I did like how the communities of both Kirkby Stephen and Brough (and to a lesser extent, Winton) got involved with various stalls offering things other than bus-related ephemera. It seemed like a real local effort and, perhaps, something that rally organisers from other regions could draw upon for inspiration.
MurdnunoC
16 Apr 2017, 7:49 pm #19

(16 Apr 2017, 7:38 pm)Jimmi I hadn't seen much info on the rally beforehand other than the basic info to say when and where it would be held, I did get to figure out some of the attendees for today by seeing posts on certain preservation groups, preserved bus Facebook pages.

You see, I don't really subscribe to any preservation groups. As my interest in buses is more casual than most, a little more promotion aside from the bare minimum may attract even more attendees to events such as this. That being said, I did like how the communities of both Kirkby Stephen and Brough (and to a lesser extent, Winton) got involved with various stalls offering things other than bus-related ephemera. It seemed like a real local effort and, perhaps, something that rally organisers from other regions could draw upon for inspiration.

16 Apr 2017, 11:27 pm #20
I totally enjoyed this event myself and here's my photo plug, highlights start from this photo - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

The Kirkby Stephen rally sadly is one I rarely get to (only my second time), but it's a rally that has a reputation of getting a wide variety of vehicles. This year the vehicles came from either Yorkshire, North East England, North West England and Scotland. There was also a bus from the Isle of Man operating. It's a great event that I wish I could attend more frequently.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
16 Apr 2017, 11:27 pm #20

I totally enjoyed this event myself and here's my photo plug, highlights start from this photo - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

The Kirkby Stephen rally sadly is one I rarely get to (only my second time), but it's a rally that has a reputation of getting a wide variety of vehicles. This year the vehicles came from either Yorkshire, North East England, North West England and Scotland. There was also a bus from the Isle of Man operating. It's a great event that I wish I could attend more frequently.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average