Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2017

• 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (21) Previous 116 17 1821 Next
S813 FVK

25 Apr 2017, 4:42 pm #321
(25 Apr 2017, 4:32 pm)EL1TE The Simplicity Versas repainted blue are for the 36 when the operation of that service transfers to Chester-Le-Street.

I find it particularly intriguing that they have chosen Saturday 3rd June as the first day of operation for Chester-le-Street as opposed to the usual Sunday (or Monday in this case given the service does not operate on Sunday).
S813 FVK
25 Apr 2017, 4:42 pm #321

(25 Apr 2017, 4:32 pm)EL1TE The Simplicity Versas repainted blue are for the 36 when the operation of that service transfers to Chester-Le-Street.

I find it particularly intriguing that they have chosen Saturday 3rd June as the first day of operation for Chester-le-Street as opposed to the usual Sunday (or Monday in this case given the service does not operate on Sunday).

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Apr 2017, 4:43 pm #322
(25 Apr 2017, 4:32 pm)Jamie M Given not many depots have hybrid engineers, which I understand the B5s need, who says the B5Hs can't be converted to standard B5s?
It's also noteworthy that there are 15B5s and the normal daytime PVR of the 27 is 14 (1 spare). The coaster has a normal day time PVR of 17. They'll undoubtedly want to be keeping the B5s together for standardisation.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Crusader PVR is 13 (and has until recently had one spare fleet liveried bus - 5332)
Coaster PVR is 14 (and has two spare fleet liveried buses - 5273 and 5274).

They'd work well on either, but I'd put my money on Coaster, with the OmniCitys directly replacing Scania L94s. Another feasible suggestion would be that some could transfer to Stanley to convert double-deck boards on Toon Link to singles, allowing the OmniDekkas to cascade to replace further ex-London Volvo B7. Unlikely that the OmniCity will spread out across every depot - more likely that they'll be kept together for standardisation, as they're not the simplest of vehicle types to work on.
Dan
25 Apr 2017, 4:43 pm #322

(25 Apr 2017, 4:32 pm)Jamie M Given not many depots have hybrid engineers, which I understand the B5s need, who says the B5Hs can't be converted to standard B5s?
It's also noteworthy that there are 15B5s and the normal daytime PVR of the 27 is 14 (1 spare). The coaster has a normal day time PVR of 17. They'll undoubtedly want to be keeping the B5s together for standardisation.

Crusader PVR is 13 (and has until recently had one spare fleet liveried bus - 5332)

They'd work well on either, but I'd put my money on Coaster, with the OmniCitys directly replacing Scania L94s. Another feasible suggestion would be that some could transfer to Stanley to convert double-deck boards on Toon Link to singles, allowing the OmniDekkas to cascade to replace further ex-London Volvo B7. Unlikely that the OmniCity will spread out across every depot - more likely that they'll be kept together for standardisation, as they're not the simplest of vehicle types to work on.

citaro5284

25 Apr 2017, 4:52 pm #323
(25 Apr 2017, 4:42 pm)S813 FVK I find it particularly intriguing that they have chosen Saturday 3rd June as the first day of operation for Chester-le-Street as opposed to the usual Sunday (or Monday in this case given the service does not operate on Sunday).

Rota's start on a Saturday.
citaro5284
25 Apr 2017, 4:52 pm #323

(25 Apr 2017, 4:42 pm)S813 FVK I find it particularly intriguing that they have chosen Saturday 3rd June as the first day of operation for Chester-le-Street as opposed to the usual Sunday (or Monday in this case given the service does not operate on Sunday).

Rota's start on a Saturday.

25 Apr 2017, 4:57 pm #324
Are the remaining versa's that are staying at Deptford going to be allocated to the 35 under the same brand as the 36?
As it would allow the 2/2A to be allocated the gold mercs under the current See It Do It Sunderland brand, and then the unbranded red solos/scanias could be branded Simplicity with a new design.
Dans_bus_photos
25 Apr 2017, 4:57 pm #324

Are the remaining versa's that are staying at Deptford going to be allocated to the 35 under the same brand as the 36?
As it would allow the 2/2A to be allocated the gold mercs under the current See It Do It Sunderland brand, and then the unbranded red solos/scanias could be branded Simplicity with a new design.

Tom

25 Apr 2017, 4:57 pm #325
(25 Apr 2017, 4:43 pm)Dan Crusader PVR is 13 (and has until recently had one spare fleet liveried bus - 5332)

If they were to go on the Coaster I would guess Omnicties would go on the Blue Arrow/19 then to keep them at Percy Main.
Tom
25 Apr 2017, 4:57 pm #325

(25 Apr 2017, 4:43 pm)Dan Crusader PVR is 13 (and has until recently had one spare fleet liveried bus - 5332)

If they were to go on the Coaster I would guess Omnicties would go on the Blue Arrow/19 then to keep them at Percy Main.

Jamie M

Unregistered

25 Apr 2017, 5:03 pm #326

I just wrote the timetables down on a piece of paper, I must have added double by accident!

I personally think that they'll end up changing the stanley system again by splitting branding up completely, so I don't think the black omnidekkas will go anywhere until they die, which I don't see as being too far in the distance given one stinks of fumes, one has had an engine bay falling out more than once and another two don't stop refusing to leak oil on a large scale. The fact that they stopped doing back-end repairs and thermal work makes me think that they stopped being worked on for more than just being 'busy'.

Jamie M
25 Apr 2017, 5:03 pm #326

I just wrote the timetables down on a piece of paper, I must have added double by accident!

I personally think that they'll end up changing the stanley system again by splitting branding up completely, so I don't think the black omnidekkas will go anywhere until they die, which I don't see as being too far in the distance given one stinks of fumes, one has had an engine bay falling out more than once and another two don't stop refusing to leak oil on a large scale. The fact that they stopped doing back-end repairs and thermal work makes me think that they stopped being worked on for more than just being 'busy'.

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Apr 2017, 5:12 pm #327
(25 Apr 2017, 5:03 pm)Jamie M I just wrote the timetables down on a piece of paper, I must have added double by accident!

The OmniDekkas are here to stay for a number of years, so I don't agree with you on this one!

25 V-reg and 18 02-reg Volvo B7s to dispose of first, before they can get rid of any OmniDekkas. A number of B7s will be cascaded/withdrawn as a result of OmniCitys transferring from Riverside to Stanley (6014 being the first), but there'll still be around 40 B7s to dispose of / find replacements for.

Unlikely to be very many new double-decks, so replacements will have to come in the form of further double-deck cascades from around the Group... From Brighton or London, who knows?
Dan
25 Apr 2017, 5:12 pm #327

(25 Apr 2017, 5:03 pm)Jamie M I just wrote the timetables down on a piece of paper, I must have added double by accident!

The OmniDekkas are here to stay for a number of years, so I don't agree with you on this one!

25 V-reg and 18 02-reg Volvo B7s to dispose of first, before they can get rid of any OmniDekkas. A number of B7s will be cascaded/withdrawn as a result of OmniCitys transferring from Riverside to Stanley (6014 being the first), but there'll still be around 40 B7s to dispose of / find replacements for.

Unlikely to be very many new double-decks, so replacements will have to come in the form of further double-deck cascades from around the Group... From Brighton or London, who knows?

JP6004

25 Apr 2017, 5:12 pm #328

You've read the news too  Tongue
JP6004
25 Apr 2017, 5:12 pm #328

You've read the news too  Tongue

Jamie M

Unregistered

25 Apr 2017, 5:27 pm #329
(25 Apr 2017, 5:12 pm)Dan The OmniDekkas are here to stay for a number of years, so I don't agree with you on this one!

Agree to disagree

Jamie M
25 Apr 2017, 5:27 pm #329

(25 Apr 2017, 5:12 pm)Dan The OmniDekkas are here to stay for a number of years, so I don't agree with you on this one!

Agree to disagree

Michael

25 Apr 2017, 5:54 pm #330
(25 Apr 2017, 4:57 pm)Dans_bus_photos Are the remaining versa's that are staying at Deptford going to be allocated to the 35 under the same brand as the 36?

Hope not, rather have the Citaro's on the 35 haha.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Apr 2017, 5:54 pm #330

(25 Apr 2017, 4:57 pm)Dans_bus_photos Are the remaining versa's that are staying at Deptford going to be allocated to the 35 under the same brand as the 36?

Hope not, rather have the Citaro's on the 35 haha.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

25 Apr 2017, 5:59 pm #331

It can be done, But after treatment they wouldn't just be non-standard within the company, But also the whole UK. So would be very hard to sell on if GNE wanted too in the future.
The reason they would be non-standard is because of the longer overhang only found in the LH version of the B5 ( Hybrid ) This is too accommodate the Electric Traction motors without eating away at most of the cabin.

It's poverplant, The D5F is too weak to power itself on its own, So would have to be either upgraded to the D5K Euro 6 or just a bigger engine altogether, That will also set you back a bit.

All in all, Its best just to keep them as there are.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
25 Apr 2017, 5:59 pm #331

It can be done, But after treatment they wouldn't just be non-standard within the company, But also the whole UK. So would be very hard to sell on if GNE wanted too in the future.
The reason they would be non-standard is because of the longer overhang only found in the LH version of the B5 ( Hybrid ) This is too accommodate the Electric Traction motors without eating away at most of the cabin.

It's poverplant, The D5F is too weak to power itself on its own, So would have to be either upgraded to the D5K Euro 6 or just a bigger engine altogether, That will also set you back a bit.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Jamie M

Unregistered

25 Apr 2017, 6:04 pm #332
(25 Apr 2017, 5:59 pm)South Tyne Lad It can be done, But after treatment they wouldn't just be non-standard within the company, But also the whole UK. So would be very hard to sell on if GNE wanted too in the future.

So the hybrid engineers have to shift depot, too? Or train a new batch of hybrid engineers? That doesn't seem very practical.

Jamie M
25 Apr 2017, 6:04 pm #332

(25 Apr 2017, 5:59 pm)South Tyne Lad It can be done, But after treatment they wouldn't just be non-standard within the company, But also the whole UK. So would be very hard to sell on if GNE wanted too in the future.

So the hybrid engineers have to shift depot, too? Or train a new batch of hybrid engineers? That doesn't seem very practical.

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Apr 2017, 6:06 pm #333
(25 Apr 2017, 6:04 pm)Jamie M So the hybrid engineers have to shift depot, too? Or train a new batch of hybrid engineers? That doesn't seem very practical.

All work is undertaken at the Volvo Truck & Bus Centre on Crowther Industrial Estate in Washington - not Go North East.

Suspect if the Hybrids ever moved to Percy Main, the work would alternatively be undertaken at Volvo Truck and Bus Centre Blyth. I'd imagine Riverside would continue using the Washington Centre.
Dan
25 Apr 2017, 6:06 pm #333

(25 Apr 2017, 6:04 pm)Jamie M So the hybrid engineers have to shift depot, too? Or train a new batch of hybrid engineers? That doesn't seem very practical.

All work is undertaken at the Volvo Truck & Bus Centre on Crowther Industrial Estate in Washington - not Go North East.

Suspect if the Hybrids ever moved to Percy Main, the work would alternatively be undertaken at Volvo Truck and Bus Centre Blyth. I'd imagine Riverside would continue using the Washington Centre.

25 Apr 2017, 6:09 pm #334
(25 Apr 2017, 6:06 pm)Dan All work is undertaken at the Volvo Truck & Bus Centre on Crowther Industrial Estate in Washington - not Go North East.

Yep, Aswell as the B9's and B7's also have some work done there too, See them when I pass the place every Friday.
Edit- Also the Volvo Chassied Levante's
Edited 25 Apr 2017, 6:09 pm by South Tyne Lad.

South Tyne Lad
25 Apr 2017, 6:09 pm #334

(25 Apr 2017, 6:06 pm)Dan All work is undertaken at the Volvo Truck & Bus Centre on Crowther Industrial Estate in Washington - not Go North East.

Yep, Aswell as the B9's and B7's also have some work done there too, See them when I pass the place every Friday.

Jamie M

Unregistered

25 Apr 2017, 6:09 pm #335

Makes sense, thanks.

Jamie M
25 Apr 2017, 6:09 pm #335

Makes sense, thanks.

Michael

25 Apr 2017, 6:10 pm #336
Will Chester lose any routes since they're gaining the 36?

I would think 8328 will transfer over as the spare for the 34/36? (as it's already in "Go North East"), they'll have a total of 11 Versa's.

Also:

Made a list of where the Citaro's could go.

The Citaro's from the 36:

Deptford’s Citaro’s 

X5 – 5285-5291
35 – 5298-5304 
61 – 5305 - 5309
9 – 5325 – 5327, 5333-5335

Spares:

Maybe a extra spare from the ex Blaydon Racer batch.
Edited 25 Apr 2017, 6:23 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Apr 2017, 6:10 pm #336

Will Chester lose any routes since they're gaining the 36?

I would think 8328 will transfer over as the spare for the 34/36? (as it's already in "Go North East"), they'll have a total of 11 Versa's.

Also:

Made a list of where the Citaro's could go.

The Citaro's from the 36:

Deptford’s Citaro’s 

X5 – 5285-5291
35 – 5298-5304 
61 – 5305 - 5309
9 – 5325 – 5327, 5333-5335

Spares:

Maybe a extra spare from the ex Blaydon Racer batch.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Apr 2017, 6:13 pm #337
(25 Apr 2017, 6:09 pm)South Tyne Lad Yep, Aswell as the B9's and B7's also have some work done there too, See them when I pass the place every Friday.

Yes - more complex work relating to engines etc will be undertaken by Volvo instead of by Go North East's local engineering teams. Any warranty work is also likely to be undertaken on-site at Volvo, instead of a Go North East depot.

Wrights typically undertake their warranty work at a Go North East depot - they have dedicated service engineers for the North East's Wrightbus vehicles.
Dan
25 Apr 2017, 6:13 pm #337

(25 Apr 2017, 6:09 pm)South Tyne Lad Yep, Aswell as the B9's and B7's also have some work done there too, See them when I pass the place every Friday.

Yes - more complex work relating to engines etc will be undertaken by Volvo instead of by Go North East's local engineering teams. Any warranty work is also likely to be undertaken on-site at Volvo, instead of a Go North East depot.

Wrights typically undertake their warranty work at a Go North East depot - they have dedicated service engineers for the North East's Wrightbus vehicles.

Jamie M

Unregistered

25 Apr 2017, 6:21 pm #338
(25 Apr 2017, 6:13 pm)Dan Yes - more complex work relating to engines etc will be undertaken by Volvo instead of by Go North East's local engineering teams. Any warranty work is also likely to be undertaken on-site at Volvo, instead of a Go North East depot.

I'm guessing this is what the "Customcare" vans fulfil?

Jamie M
25 Apr 2017, 6:21 pm #338

(25 Apr 2017, 6:13 pm)Dan Yes - more complex work relating to engines etc will be undertaken by Volvo instead of by Go North East's local engineering teams. Any warranty work is also likely to be undertaken on-site at Volvo, instead of a Go North East depot.

I'm guessing this is what the "Customcare" vans fulfil?

25 Apr 2017, 6:25 pm #339
(25 Apr 2017, 6:21 pm)Jamie M I'm guessing this is what the "Customcare" vans fulfil?

Aye, There from Wrights.

South Tyne Lad
25 Apr 2017, 6:25 pm #339

(25 Apr 2017, 6:21 pm)Jamie M I'm guessing this is what the "Customcare" vans fulfil?

Aye, There from Wrights.

25 Apr 2017, 6:33 pm #340
(25 Apr 2017, 11:58 am)Dan That being the last time it was in service! 6014 withdrawn from service after these journeys. Now at the back of Saltmeadows Road awaiting its fate...

Other points of note are the withdrawal of the remaining DAF SB120s from the fleet (all now replaced by 4961-65), and 6130 is now at Saltmeadows Road to be repainted black.

Does this also include 8266 - SB120 Wright Merit  (S1 Metrocentre) or is this Vehicle to stay longer in the fleet?

If it is Withdrawn what Vehicle will take its place?
Edited 25 Apr 2017, 6:34 pm by thetravelman.
thetravelman
25 Apr 2017, 6:33 pm #340

(25 Apr 2017, 11:58 am)Dan That being the last time it was in service! 6014 withdrawn from service after these journeys. Now at the back of Saltmeadows Road awaiting its fate...

Other points of note are the withdrawal of the remaining DAF SB120s from the fleet (all now replaced by 4961-65), and 6130 is now at Saltmeadows Road to be repainted black.

Does this also include 8266 - SB120 Wright Merit  (S1 Metrocentre) or is this Vehicle to stay longer in the fleet?

If it is Withdrawn what Vehicle will take its place?

Pages (21) Previous 116 17 1821 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average