Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2017

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (20) Previous 1 2 3 420 Next
Pulsar

03 Jun 2017, 3:43 pm #41
(03 Jun 2017, 2:20 pm)L469 YVK Could the new buses for the X9/X10 not be Enviro 400s (integral or Scania)?

Personally, I think the ADL Enviro 400 MMC bodied scania would be the best bus for this route. Cant see it happening though.

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
Pulsar
03 Jun 2017, 3:43 pm #41

(03 Jun 2017, 2:20 pm)L469 YVK Could the new buses for the X9/X10 not be Enviro 400s (integral or Scania)?

Personally, I think the ADL Enviro 400 MMC bodied scania would be the best bus for this route. Cant see it happening though.

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.

Malarkey

03 Jun 2017, 4:45 pm #42
8325 has arrived at Chester le Street in the new corporate livery, carrying the tagline "Our buses run 35 million miles a year - that's like going to the moon and back 72 times", 8325 replaced 4956 on the 28/28A earlier this afternoon.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

**Note did not see Lee's post in Rare/Odd Working Thread prior to posting**
Edited 03 Jun 2017, 4:49 pm by Malarkey.
Malarkey
03 Jun 2017, 4:45 pm #42

8325 has arrived at Chester le Street in the new corporate livery, carrying the tagline "Our buses run 35 million miles a year - that's like going to the moon and back 72 times", 8325 replaced 4956 on the 28/28A earlier this afternoon.

Ambassador

03 Jun 2017, 7:07 pm #43
(03 Jun 2017, 4:45 pm)Malarkey 8325 has arrived at Chester le Street in the new corporate livery, carrying the tagline "Our buses run 35 million miles a year - that's like going to the moon and back 72 times", 8325 replaced 4956 on the 28/28A earlier this afternoon.

They can be arsed to brand it but not to programme the route it's on.

Priorities much...

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
03 Jun 2017, 7:07 pm #43

(03 Jun 2017, 4:45 pm)Malarkey 8325 has arrived at Chester le Street in the new corporate livery, carrying the tagline "Our buses run 35 million miles a year - that's like going to the moon and back 72 times", 8325 replaced 4956 on the 28/28A earlier this afternoon.

They can be arsed to brand it but not to programme the route it's on.

Priorities much...

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Jun 2017, 7:12 pm #44
(03 Jun 2017, 7:07 pm)Ambassador They can be arsed to brand it but not to programme the route it's on.

Priorities much...

It was programmed, it just hadn't been uploaded to the bus.

The bus came direct from Saltmeadows Road this morning, having been painted whilst officially a Deptford bus.

Rushed out at last minute and had the destinations uploaded to the bus by a leading driver after one run, once the driver had reported he couldn't display the 28 destination.

A mistake easily made, if someone has assumed that the bus arrived last night and was updated along with the rest of the blue Versas which transferred from Deptford.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dan
03 Jun 2017, 7:12 pm #44

(03 Jun 2017, 7:07 pm)Ambassador They can be arsed to brand it but not to programme the route it's on.

Priorities much...

It was programmed, it just hadn't been uploaded to the bus.

The bus came direct from Saltmeadows Road this morning, having been painted whilst officially a Deptford bus.

Rushed out at last minute and had the destinations uploaded to the bus by a leading driver after one run, once the driver had reported he couldn't display the 28 destination.

A mistake easily made, if someone has assumed that the bus arrived last night and was updated along with the rest of the blue Versas which transferred from Deptford.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

03 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm #45
(03 Jun 2017, 3:43 pm)Pulsar Personally, I think the ADL Enviro 400 MMC bodied scania would be the best bus for this route. Cant see it happening though.

I'd imagine I big clue would lie on VOSA, As the former Streetdeck demonstrator ( 9119? ) was reported to be running extremely late due to it's 50mph Speed Limiter, So a big giveaway to what's been ordered could lie to whether timetable alterations have registered for the TTX for that time, Of course, The timetable could be edited for any other bus, But it's a clue anyhow.

I personally hope GNE actually have more sense than to order Streetdeck's for a Service like that.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
03 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm #45

(03 Jun 2017, 3:43 pm)Pulsar Personally, I think the ADL Enviro 400 MMC bodied scania would be the best bus for this route. Cant see it happening though.

I'd imagine I big clue would lie on VOSA, As the former Streetdeck demonstrator ( 9119? ) was reported to be running extremely late due to it's 50mph Speed Limiter, So a big giveaway to what's been ordered could lie to whether timetable alterations have registered for the TTX for that time, Of course, The timetable could be edited for any other bus, But it's a clue anyhow.

I personally hope GNE actually have more sense than to order Streetdeck's for a Service like that.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

L469 YVK

03 Jun 2017, 8:06 pm #46
(03 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm)South Tyne Lad I'd imagine I big clue would lie on VOSA, As the former Streetdeck demonstrator ( 9119? ) was reported to be running extremely late due to it's 50mph Speed Limiter, So a big giveaway to what's been ordered could lie to whether timetable alterations have registered for the TTX for that time, Of course, The timetable could be edited for any other bus, But it's a clue anyhow.

Even with decent buses, the timetable could do with more slack. Maybe they'll add more running /recovery time and fit in a roughly 30 minute layover at Eldon Square with changeovers taking place there via the Red Kites.
L469 YVK
03 Jun 2017, 8:06 pm #46

(03 Jun 2017, 7:50 pm)South Tyne Lad I'd imagine I big clue would lie on VOSA, As the former Streetdeck demonstrator ( 9119? ) was reported to be running extremely late due to it's 50mph Speed Limiter, So a big giveaway to what's been ordered could lie to whether timetable alterations have registered for the TTX for that time, Of course, The timetable could be edited for any other bus, But it's a clue anyhow.

Even with decent buses, the timetable could do with more slack. Maybe they'll add more running /recovery time and fit in a roughly 30 minute layover at Eldon Square with changeovers taking place there via the Red Kites.

BusLoverMum

03 Jun 2017, 10:11 pm #47
(03 Jun 2017, 8:06 pm)L469 YVK Even with decent buses, the timetable could do with more slack. Maybe they'll add more running /recovery time and fit in a roughly 30 minute layover at Eldon Square with changeovers taking place there via the Red Kites.

Given all the buses which need to do 5-10 minute layovers, where would it sit for a 30 minute layover? (also given that the driver will be inactive for that time, too, unless swaps can  happen)
BusLoverMum
03 Jun 2017, 10:11 pm #47

(03 Jun 2017, 8:06 pm)L469 YVK Even with decent buses, the timetable could do with more slack. Maybe they'll add more running /recovery time and fit in a roughly 30 minute layover at Eldon Square with changeovers taking place there via the Red Kites.

Given all the buses which need to do 5-10 minute layovers, where would it sit for a 30 minute layover? (also given that the driver will be inactive for that time, too, unless swaps can  happen)

Jamie M

Unregistered

03 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm #48
(03 Jun 2017, 10:11 pm)BusLoverMum Given all the buses which need to do 5-10 minute layovers, where would it sit for a 30 minute layover? (also given that the driver will be inactive for that time, too, unless swaps can  happen)
There should be a threashold at arriving eldon bound at gateshead. If beforehand they know the bus is over x minutes late, the newcastle -> segment segment will be operated by any bus. The late bus will be turned around (cutting off 30 minutes) and will wait for the arrival of the replacement bus from eldon, to transfer passengers and then leave gateshead on time.

The gateshead -> newcastle segment doesn't need to be covered in these times as long as the passengers can hop on any bus to newcastle with their ticket for free.

This does happen on occasion, but it's rare. I think it's more effective than adding in tonnes of 30 minute fills, paying drivers and extra fuel for the extra PVR and the extra bus. They could run a check when the eldon bound bus arrives at Heworth to decide whether it gets turned around and a shuttle provided, or not. It only takes about 2 minutes to swap the passengers over, and since drivers have their break at gateshead, there would be no change of driver. Just an LD doing the shuttle or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
03 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm #48

(03 Jun 2017, 10:11 pm)BusLoverMum Given all the buses which need to do 5-10 minute layovers, where would it sit for a 30 minute layover? (also given that the driver will be inactive for that time, too, unless swaps can  happen)
There should be a threashold at arriving eldon bound at gateshead. If beforehand they know the bus is over x minutes late, the newcastle -> segment segment will be operated by any bus. The late bus will be turned around (cutting off 30 minutes) and will wait for the arrival of the replacement bus from eldon, to transfer passengers and then leave gateshead on time.

The gateshead -> newcastle segment doesn't need to be covered in these times as long as the passengers can hop on any bus to newcastle with their ticket for free.

This does happen on occasion, but it's rare. I think it's more effective than adding in tonnes of 30 minute fills, paying drivers and extra fuel for the extra PVR and the extra bus. They could run a check when the eldon bound bus arrives at Heworth to decide whether it gets turned around and a shuttle provided, or not. It only takes about 2 minutes to swap the passengers over, and since drivers have their break at gateshead, there would be no change of driver. Just an LD doing the shuttle or whatever.

L469 YVK

04 Jun 2017, 10:14 am #49
(03 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm)Jamie M There should be a threashold at arriving eldon bound at gateshead. If beforehand they know the bus is over x minutes late, the newcastle -> segment segment will be operated by any bus. The late bus will be turned around (cutting off 30 minutes) and will wait for the arrival of the replacement bus from eldon, to transfer passengers and then leave gateshead on time.

What a layover at ES would mean is that the X9/X10 would work on the same terms as the X21 / Hexham 10's where the next bus goes out with the next driver and the one coming off parks up on layby before the drivers rides back to Riverside on the Red Kite. Then about 10 mins before the bus goes back out, another driver comes in from Riverside and prepares the next round trip before doing the same. All it would mean is an extra bus, no extra drivers.
L469 YVK
04 Jun 2017, 10:14 am #49

(03 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm)Jamie M There should be a threashold at arriving eldon bound at gateshead. If beforehand they know the bus is over x minutes late, the newcastle -> segment segment will be operated by any bus. The late bus will be turned around (cutting off 30 minutes) and will wait for the arrival of the replacement bus from eldon, to transfer passengers and then leave gateshead on time.

What a layover at ES would mean is that the X9/X10 would work on the same terms as the X21 / Hexham 10's where the next bus goes out with the next driver and the one coming off parks up on layby before the drivers rides back to Riverside on the Red Kite. Then about 10 mins before the bus goes back out, another driver comes in from Riverside and prepares the next round trip before doing the same. All it would mean is an extra bus, no extra drivers.

Michael

04 Jun 2017, 10:29 am #50
(03 Jun 2017, 11:07 am)Kuyoyo If it is B5TLs, I only hope they are to a similar spec to those used by Transdev on Coastliner - they look lush.....

Me too, i do like the style of the stairs though, with the glass.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Jun 2017, 10:29 am #50

(03 Jun 2017, 11:07 am)Kuyoyo If it is B5TLs, I only hope they are to a similar spec to those used by Transdev on Coastliner - they look lush.....

Me too, i do like the style of the stairs though, with the glass.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

04 Jun 2017, 2:27 pm #51
(04 Jun 2017, 10:14 am)L469 YVK What a layover at ES would mean is that the X9/X10 would work on the same terms as the X21 / Hexham 10's where the next bus goes out with the next driver and the one coming off parks up on layby before the drivers rides back to Riverside on the Red Kite. Then about 10 mins before the bus goes back out, another driver comes in from Riverside and prepares the next round trip before doing the same. All it would mean is an extra bus, no extra drivers.

But the 10s are more frequent. Much more frequent.and the x21 goes straight out again, unless it's been regulated.
BusLoverMum
04 Jun 2017, 2:27 pm #51

(04 Jun 2017, 10:14 am)L469 YVK What a layover at ES would mean is that the X9/X10 would work on the same terms as the X21 / Hexham 10's where the next bus goes out with the next driver and the one coming off parks up on layby before the drivers rides back to Riverside on the Red Kite. Then about 10 mins before the bus goes back out, another driver comes in from Riverside and prepares the next round trip before doing the same. All it would mean is an extra bus, no extra drivers.

But the 10s are more frequent. Much more frequent.and the x21 goes straight out again, unless it's been regulated.

L469 YVK

04 Jun 2017, 4:03 pm #52
(04 Jun 2017, 2:27 pm)BusLoverMum But the 10s are more frequent. Much more frequent.and the x21 goes straight out again, unless it's been regulated.

The Hexham 10s during Monday to Saturday daytimes (not the 10A / 10B which are mostly Riverside operated during Monday to Saturday daytimes) do a round trip and whereas the allocated bus used to get 5 minutes layover with a driver change at Hexham, the new driver now just takes another bus and the bus which comes in does the same 30 minutes later.

The Castles Express X21 also does the same too and both routes do it irrespective of late running as the timetable dictates that.

Example
10 Hexham > Newcastle
Hexham: 09:50
Newcastle: 11:17
10 Newcastle > Hexham
Newcastle: 11:25
Hexham: 12:50 >>>>>>>> This bus will then take out the next departure from Hexham at 13:20

Example
X21 Bishop Auckland > Newcastle
BA: 10:01
Newcastle: 11:30
X21 Newcastle > Bishop Auckland
Newacastle: 11:39
BA: 13:06 >>>>>>>>>> This bus will then take out the next departure from Bishop Auckland at 13:31
Edited 04 Jun 2017, 4:08 pm by L469 YVK.
L469 YVK
04 Jun 2017, 4:03 pm #52

(04 Jun 2017, 2:27 pm)BusLoverMum But the 10s are more frequent. Much more frequent.and the x21 goes straight out again, unless it's been regulated.

The Hexham 10s during Monday to Saturday daytimes (not the 10A / 10B which are mostly Riverside operated during Monday to Saturday daytimes) do a round trip and whereas the allocated bus used to get 5 minutes layover with a driver change at Hexham, the new driver now just takes another bus and the bus which comes in does the same 30 minutes later.

The Castles Express X21 also does the same too and both routes do it irrespective of late running as the timetable dictates that.

Example
10 Hexham > Newcastle
10 Newcastle > Hexham
Hexham: 12:50 >>>>>>>> This bus will then take out the next departure from Hexham at 13:20

Example
BA: 13:06 >>>>>>>>>> This bus will then take out the next departure from Bishop Auckland at 13:31

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Jun 2017, 5:08 pm #53
(03 Jun 2017, 10:38 am)S813 FVK I've heard B5TLs somewhere which may be more suitable. I wouldn't rule the Streetdeck out though.

It can now be confirmed that the X9/X10 will receive new Volvo B5TLs, with the first in the batch being delivered next month.

Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/apt358/350...06/in/feed
Dan
04 Jun 2017, 5:08 pm #53

(03 Jun 2017, 10:38 am)S813 FVK I've heard B5TLs somewhere which may be more suitable. I wouldn't rule the Streetdeck out though.

It can now be confirmed that the X9/X10 will receive new Volvo B5TLs, with the first in the batch being delivered next month.

Michael

04 Jun 2017, 5:18 pm #54
(04 Jun 2017, 5:08 pm)Dan It can now be confirmed that the X9/X10 will receive new Volvo B5TLs, with the first in the batch being delivered next month.

That's good, can you give out any details on specs?

Will the fleet numbers continue from 6307, so the TTX batch would be: 6308 - 6313, maybe 6314 if a spare is ordered.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Jun 2017, 5:18 pm #54

(04 Jun 2017, 5:08 pm)Dan It can now be confirmed that the X9/X10 will receive new Volvo B5TLs, with the first in the batch being delivered next month.

That's good, can you give out any details on specs?

Will the fleet numbers continue from 6307, so the TTX batch would be: 6308 - 6313, maybe 6314 if a spare is ordered.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

04 Jun 2017, 5:33 pm #55
Does anyone know if Washington and Stanley buses have had the new ticket machines fitted yet ?
Coppercap40
04 Jun 2017, 5:33 pm #55

Does anyone know if Washington and Stanley buses have had the new ticket machines fitted yet ?

L469 YVK

04 Jun 2017, 5:33 pm #56

Is that a hint that other 'batches' of Volvo B5TLs are also due later down the line then?

Also, will the new B5TLs be full height or low height if bodied by Wrightbus?
Edited 04 Jun 2017, 5:35 pm by L469 YVK.
L469 YVK
04 Jun 2017, 5:33 pm #56

Is that a hint that other 'batches' of Volvo B5TLs are also due later down the line then?

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Jun 2017, 5:36 pm #57
(04 Jun 2017, 5:33 pm)Coppercap40 Does anyone know if Washington and Stanley buses have had the new ticket machines fitted yet ?

Washington buses have. Stanley will be the final depot to receive the new machines, next weekend.
Dan
04 Jun 2017, 5:36 pm #57

(04 Jun 2017, 5:33 pm)Coppercap40 Does anyone know if Washington and Stanley buses have had the new ticket machines fitted yet ?

Washington buses have. Stanley will be the final depot to receive the new machines, next weekend.

BusLoverMum

04 Jun 2017, 5:40 pm #58
(04 Jun 2017, 4:03 pm)L469 YVK The Hexham 10s during Monday to Saturday daytimes (not the 10A / 10B which are mostly Riverside operated during Monday to Saturday daytimes) do a round trip and whereas the allocated bus used to get 5 minutes layover with a driver change at Hexham, the new driver now just takes another bus and the bus which comes in does the same 30 minutes later.

Example
10 Hexham > Newcastle
10 Newcastle > Hexham

Example

I thought you meant at ES. Bishop doesn't have the same space constraints, so that makes more sense.
BusLoverMum
04 Jun 2017, 5:40 pm #58

(04 Jun 2017, 4:03 pm)L469 YVK The Hexham 10s during Monday to Saturday daytimes (not the 10A / 10B which are mostly Riverside operated during Monday to Saturday daytimes) do a round trip and whereas the allocated bus used to get 5 minutes layover with a driver change at Hexham, the new driver now just takes another bus and the bus which comes in does the same 30 minutes later.

Example
10 Hexham > Newcastle
10 Newcastle > Hexham

Example

I thought you meant at ES. Bishop doesn't have the same space constraints, so that makes more sense.

Michael

04 Jun 2017, 5:43 pm #59
(04 Jun 2017, 5:33 pm)L469 YVK

Hopefully for the "Angel & Red Arrow" Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Jun 2017, 5:43 pm #59

(04 Jun 2017, 5:33 pm)L469 YVK

Hopefully for the "Angel & Red Arrow" Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

mb134

04 Jun 2017, 5:47 pm #60
(04 Jun 2017, 5:18 pm)Michael That's good, can you give out any details on specs?

As these are B5TLs rather than Streetdecks, I would imagine that GNE would start a new sequence of fleet numbers for them?
mb134
04 Jun 2017, 5:47 pm #60

(04 Jun 2017, 5:18 pm)Michael That's good, can you give out any details on specs?

As these are B5TLs rather than Streetdecks, I would imagine that GNE would start a new sequence of fleet numbers for them?

Pages (20) Previous 1 2 3 420 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average