Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Aerial Imagery

Aerial Imagery

Aerial Imagery

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

15 Feb 2013, 8:38 pm #1
I've just been trying to use Google Earth to find Houghton Primary Care Centre with absolutely no luck at all.

Much of the north east is between 2005 and 2009, but there is a small area from March 2012.

The area inside this square if you can picture it - Smile

Northern edge - Just south of Darras Hall, Newbiggin Hall Estate, Gosforth, south of Coast Road, mouth of Tyne.

Area inside includes Throckley, Newcastle City Centre, Jesmond, Blaydon, Whickham, Gateshead, South Tyneside.

Southern edge - Seaburn, Witherwack, Town End Farm, just south of Follingsby, just north of Wrekenton, Team Valley (not south end), northern half of Sunniside, northern half of Rowlands Gill, up to boundary of Crawcrook/Ryton, and over the Tyne and north to just south of Darras Hall.

I managed to find Houghton Care Centre on Bing Maps - something I've never really thought of using before. Not sure about rest of Tyne and Wear/North East, but the whole of the Greater Sunderland area is from the last 18 months because I can see the purple Versas on the 36 route which only started in July 2011.

http://www.bing.com/maps/

Only Bing's aerial imagery has been updated, not Bing's funky birds eye view camera mode - those images are well old. Again not sure about rest of Tyne and Wear, but the Sunderland images are from 2007 because the Redby buses running the rather short lived Sunderland circular can be seen. L608WWK and ex-Go North East Sigma L482CFT can be seen at the Clacton Road terminus at Hylton Castle!
NEB Admin Team
15 Feb 2013, 8:38 pm #1

I've just been trying to use Google Earth to find Houghton Primary Care Centre with absolutely no luck at all.

Much of the north east is between 2005 and 2009, but there is a small area from March 2012.

The area inside this square if you can picture it - Smile

Northern edge - Just south of Darras Hall, Newbiggin Hall Estate, Gosforth, south of Coast Road, mouth of Tyne.

Area inside includes Throckley, Newcastle City Centre, Jesmond, Blaydon, Whickham, Gateshead, South Tyneside.

Southern edge - Seaburn, Witherwack, Town End Farm, just south of Follingsby, just north of Wrekenton, Team Valley (not south end), northern half of Sunniside, northern half of Rowlands Gill, up to boundary of Crawcrook/Ryton, and over the Tyne and north to just south of Darras Hall.

I managed to find Houghton Care Centre on Bing Maps - something I've never really thought of using before. Not sure about rest of Tyne and Wear/North East, but the whole of the Greater Sunderland area is from the last 18 months because I can see the purple Versas on the 36 route which only started in July 2011.

http://www.bing.com/maps/

Only Bing's aerial imagery has been updated, not Bing's funky birds eye view camera mode - those images are well old. Again not sure about rest of Tyne and Wear, but the Sunderland images are from 2007 because the Redby buses running the rather short lived Sunderland circular can be seen. L608WWK and ex-Go North East Sigma L482CFT can be seen at the Clacton Road terminus at Hylton Castle!

Andreos1

01 Mar 2013, 1:54 pm #2
On google street maps, a single decker X3 Red Arrow Citaro is travelling along Dairy Lane towards Houghton...
Andreos1
01 Mar 2013, 1:54 pm #2

On google street maps, a single decker X3 Red Arrow Citaro is travelling along Dairy Lane towards Houghton...

Adrian

12 Aug 2013, 7:43 pm #3
It's quite interesting to look over Gateshead Interchange using the historical view on Google Earth. Transition from fleet livery, to some branded buses, to practically everything branded.

[Image: ggLKOqH.jpg]

[Image: DD2CvF8.jpg]

[Image: UVMHRvk.jpg]

[Image: 2AHeKyl.jpg]

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
12 Aug 2013, 7:43 pm #3

It's quite interesting to look over Gateshead Interchange using the historical view on Google Earth. Transition from fleet livery, to some branded buses, to practically everything branded.

[Image: ggLKOqH.jpg]

[Image: DD2CvF8.jpg]

[Image: UVMHRvk.jpg]

[Image: 2AHeKyl.jpg]

Michael

12 Aug 2013, 8:02 pm #4
How did u get on the history feature please? =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Aug 2013, 8:02 pm #4

How did u get on the history feature please? =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

12 Aug 2013, 8:10 pm #5
(12 Aug 2013, 8:02 pm)Michael How did u get on the history feature please? =)

Only available on the Google Earth client. Not Google Maps. Just search for somewhere and press the 7th button along the top.

Adrian
12 Aug 2013, 8:10 pm #5

(12 Aug 2013, 8:02 pm)Michael How did u get on the history feature please? =)

Only available on the Google Earth client. Not Google Maps. Just search for somewhere and press the 7th button along the top.

Michael

12 Aug 2013, 8:14 pm #6
Got it thank's =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Aug 2013, 8:14 pm #6

Got it thank's =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average