Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Pages (18) Previous 113 14 1518 Next
G-CPTN

23 Oct 2017, 5:52 pm #261
Today I rode the left front seat of Citaro 5301.
I was soon aware of a smell of diesel - something that reminded me of when we had Citaros on the TEN.
I thought that the fuel tank is located in the area of the right front wheel?
G-CPTN
23 Oct 2017, 5:52 pm #261

Today I rode the left front seat of Citaro 5301.
I was soon aware of a smell of diesel - something that reminded me of when we had Citaros on the TEN.
I thought that the fuel tank is located in the area of the right front wheel?

Andreos1

23 Oct 2017, 7:11 pm #262
(22 Oct 2017, 7:12 pm)park5354 Reducing the amount of scrolling places would be better, with short runs only showing destination eg:-

49  Winlaton via Metrocentre & Blaydon
49 Gateshead via Metrocentre & Dunston
49 Metrocentre Bus Station

X1 Newcastle via Galleries & Gateshead
X1 Easington Lane via Galleries & Houghton
X1 Washington Galleries

57 Hadrian Park via Old Durham Road, Newcastle & Battle Hill Drive
57 Wardley via Newcastle, Beacon Lough & Heworth
57 Heworth Metro
57 Newcastle via Gateshead
57 Gateshead Metro via Newcastle

21 Newcastle via Chester, Birtley & Low Fell
21 Chester le Str via Low Fell & Birtley
21 Durham via Low Fell, Birtley & Chester le Str
21 Durham then Bishop Auckland
21 Durham then Newcastle

I've been thinking about this for a while after seeing the X9/10 (one or both, cant remember) not showing anything about Gateshead on the rear blind after Dalton Park.
I followed it for a bit and wondered whether people (visitors or infrequent users) would know it stopped at Gateshead and offered connections elsewhere.
Particularly when you take the X55 in to account.

Then when seeing your post, I thought back to the old roller blinds. Obviously space was limited and via points restricted.
I am guessing feedback from passengers at the time indicated a preference for more detail. It's not as if bus companies just come up with ideas without asking their customers what they think Rolleyes

Then I thought about vehicle branding and route consolidation.
It would potentially help reduce the need for via several points.
Assuming the vehicle was allocated correctly.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Oct 2017, 7:11 pm #262

(22 Oct 2017, 7:12 pm)park5354 Reducing the amount of scrolling places would be better, with short runs only showing destination eg:-

49  Winlaton via Metrocentre & Blaydon
49 Gateshead via Metrocentre & Dunston
49 Metrocentre Bus Station

X1 Newcastle via Galleries & Gateshead
X1 Easington Lane via Galleries & Houghton
X1 Washington Galleries

57 Hadrian Park via Old Durham Road, Newcastle & Battle Hill Drive
57 Wardley via Newcastle, Beacon Lough & Heworth
57 Heworth Metro
57 Newcastle via Gateshead
57 Gateshead Metro via Newcastle

21 Newcastle via Chester, Birtley & Low Fell
21 Chester le Str via Low Fell & Birtley
21 Durham via Low Fell, Birtley & Chester le Str
21 Durham then Bishop Auckland
21 Durham then Newcastle

I've been thinking about this for a while after seeing the X9/10 (one or both, cant remember) not showing anything about Gateshead on the rear blind after Dalton Park.
I followed it for a bit and wondered whether people (visitors or infrequent users) would know it stopped at Gateshead and offered connections elsewhere.

Then when seeing your post, I thought back to the old roller blinds. Obviously space was limited and via points restricted.
I am guessing feedback from passengers at the time indicated a preference for more detail. It's not as if bus companies just come up with ideas without asking their customers what they think Rolleyes

G-CPTN

23 Oct 2017, 7:25 pm #263
Are the Citaros wider than the Solars? 
I've just checked and the Citaro is 2550mm whilst the Solar is just 2500mm. 
Maybe the mirrors are also bigger?
A recent X84 trip through Ovington had the driver proceeding extremely 'cautiously' - and it seems that the X84 is still using the Solars with the X85s using the Citaros.

Under the previous time table the X84s and X85s alternated at each end I believe, whereas with the X85 now extended to Newbrough this doesn't seem to happen.
G-CPTN
23 Oct 2017, 7:25 pm #263

Are the Citaros wider than the Solars? 
A recent X84 trip through Ovington had the driver proceeding extremely 'cautiously' - and it seems that the X84 is still using the Solars with the X85s using the Citaros.

Under the previous time table the X84s and X85s alternated at each end I believe, whereas with the X85 now extended to Newbrough this doesn't seem to happen.

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Oct 2017, 7:31 pm #264
(23 Oct 2017, 7:25 pm)G-CPTN Are the Citaros wider than the Solars? 

The X84/X85 interwork at Newcastle (i.e bus goes into Newcastle as an X84, then comes back out as an X85).
Dan
23 Oct 2017, 7:31 pm #264

The X84/X85 interwork at Newcastle (i.e bus goes into Newcastle as an X84, then comes back out as an X85).

G-CPTN

23 Oct 2017, 7:51 pm #265
(23 Oct 2017, 7:31 pm)Dan The X84/X85 interwork at Newcastle (i.e bus goes into Newcastle as an X84, then comes back out as an X85).

Thanks - that shoots down my' 'theory'. 
I only see them at the Hexham end.
Edited 23 Oct 2017, 7:52 pm by G-CPTN.
G-CPTN
23 Oct 2017, 7:51 pm #265

(23 Oct 2017, 7:31 pm)Dan The X84/X85 interwork at Newcastle (i.e bus goes into Newcastle as an X84, then comes back out as an X85).

Thanks - that shoots down my' 'theory'. 
I only see them at the Hexham end.

BusLoverMum

23 Oct 2017, 9:10 pm #266

Getting stuck was a problem with the Solars, too. Last time I travelled through there by bus, one ended up having to reverse back up the road until we could pass.
BusLoverMum
23 Oct 2017, 9:10 pm #266

Getting stuck was a problem with the Solars, too. Last time I travelled through there by bus, one ended up having to reverse back up the road until we could pass.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Oct 2017, 6:41 am #267
(23 Oct 2017, 7:11 pm)Andreos1 I've been thinking about this for a while after seeing the X9/10 (one or both, cant remember) not showing anything about Gateshead on the rear blind after Dalton Park.

I'm not too sure what you think you saw, but both the X9/X10 services have Gateshead as a via point on the displays after Peterlee and Dalton Park respectively.

The new style is being evaluated by Go North East's management. The general feeling towards the 'old' style of destination display was that there were too many via points, and the scrolling ultimately detracted attention from the terminal point. There's less of a need for via points to be as prominently shown on the displays now because of route branding, as you say, which often includes key destinations served by the services which those vehicles are allocated to (assuming they're allocated to the correct routes!)

It may be worth Go North East seeking feedback through the official channels, but I'm doubtful many customers, outside of the enthusiast community, would actually care (if we're honest). Destination displays and Next Stop Announcements are, for some reason, quite a big thing in the enthusiast community. I was guilty of it myself. A lot of enthusiasts pay close attention to them, have downloaded the software and make their own displays, etc. For the average punter - a bus branded for the Fab56 could be showing "Not In Service" on the front display, and they'd still stick their hands out for it thinking it's the 56, as they haven't read the display.

Most customers, if they're unsure whether a bus goes somewhere, will query this with the driver. Whether the via points were 'flashing' (as in the new style) or scrolling, doesn't make too much of a difference.

The new style is similar to the style used by Arriva Durham County, which they've used for quite some time now, with the main difference being Go North East continuing to use the larger and bolder route number in Arial font. Whilst a lot of enthusiasts now prefer the route number being in an Arial font, this too gained some negative feedback when it was first introduced on the Citylink58. I don't think we'll ever please everyone. I believe some of the other operators in the Go-Ahead Group use the new style, as well as First Group. The express service "bar" is also widely used by First Group, and whilst it may be difficult to read in low-light conditions, it certainly stands out during the day, in my opinion.

Only showing the terminal point is an interesting thought, and possibly one that will be looked at one day. Lothian Buses have started doing this up in the Scottish capital, following their introduction of Hanover Displays, replacing their old roller-blinds (which did contain a small number of via points).
Dan
24 Oct 2017, 6:41 am #267

(23 Oct 2017, 7:11 pm)Andreos1 I've been thinking about this for a while after seeing the X9/10 (one or both, cant remember) not showing anything about Gateshead on the rear blind after Dalton Park.

I'm not too sure what you think you saw, but both the X9/X10 services have Gateshead as a via point on the displays after Peterlee and Dalton Park respectively.

The new style is being evaluated by Go North East's management. The general feeling towards the 'old' style of destination display was that there were too many via points, and the scrolling ultimately detracted attention from the terminal point. There's less of a need for via points to be as prominently shown on the displays now because of route branding, as you say, which often includes key destinations served by the services which those vehicles are allocated to (assuming they're allocated to the correct routes!)

It may be worth Go North East seeking feedback through the official channels, but I'm doubtful many customers, outside of the enthusiast community, would actually care (if we're honest). Destination displays and Next Stop Announcements are, for some reason, quite a big thing in the enthusiast community. I was guilty of it myself. A lot of enthusiasts pay close attention to them, have downloaded the software and make their own displays, etc. For the average punter - a bus branded for the Fab56 could be showing "Not In Service" on the front display, and they'd still stick their hands out for it thinking it's the 56, as they haven't read the display.

Most customers, if they're unsure whether a bus goes somewhere, will query this with the driver. Whether the via points were 'flashing' (as in the new style) or scrolling, doesn't make too much of a difference.

The new style is similar to the style used by Arriva Durham County, which they've used for quite some time now, with the main difference being Go North East continuing to use the larger and bolder route number in Arial font. Whilst a lot of enthusiasts now prefer the route number being in an Arial font, this too gained some negative feedback when it was first introduced on the Citylink58. I don't think we'll ever please everyone. I believe some of the other operators in the Go-Ahead Group use the new style, as well as First Group. The express service "bar" is also widely used by First Group, and whilst it may be difficult to read in low-light conditions, it certainly stands out during the day, in my opinion.

Only showing the terminal point is an interesting thought, and possibly one that will be looked at one day. Lothian Buses have started doing this up in the Scottish capital, following their introduction of Hanover Displays, replacing their old roller-blinds (which did contain a small number of via points).

Andreos1

24 Oct 2017, 7:12 am #268
(24 Oct 2017, 6:41 am)Dan I'm not too sure what you think you saw, but both the X9/X10 services have Gateshead as a via point on the displays after Peterlee and Dalton Park respectively.

I will have to check the dashcam footage for the exact wording, but between Dalton Park and the Ryhope/Seaham junction, Gateshead wasn't mentioned once (similar to the Bournmoor example on the 4 ex Heworth before it was added).

The wording on the X9/10 was like or similar to 'calling at Newcastle'. Maybe the display was knackered, but Gateshead definitely didn't appear in the period I was behind it.

Just a quick comment regarding customers outside the community not actually caring.
TOC's thought similar. However the Customer Panels are proving extremely valuable.
Being involved in a handful of the projects since the beginning, I have seen proposals and changes adapted or thrown out completely.
They were introduced for the likes of VTEC and Northern late last year off memory. VTWC have had theirs for a slightly longer period, all be it in a different format. Not sure what is happening with the SWT panel since the franchise was handed over.

Not everything is put to these panels, but they are seen as a valuable tool in improving not only the customer experience, but the relationship between the operator and passenger.
Edited 24 Oct 2017, 7:14 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
24 Oct 2017, 7:12 am #268

(24 Oct 2017, 6:41 am)Dan I'm not too sure what you think you saw, but both the X9/X10 services have Gateshead as a via point on the displays after Peterlee and Dalton Park respectively.

I will have to check the dashcam footage for the exact wording, but between Dalton Park and the Ryhope/Seaham junction, Gateshead wasn't mentioned once (similar to the Bournmoor example on the 4 ex Heworth before it was added).

The wording on the X9/10 was like or similar to 'calling at Newcastle'. Maybe the display was knackered, but Gateshead definitely didn't appear in the period I was behind it.

Just a quick comment regarding customers outside the community not actually caring.
TOC's thought similar. However the Customer Panels are proving extremely valuable.
Being involved in a handful of the projects since the beginning, I have seen proposals and changes adapted or thrown out completely.
They were introduced for the likes of VTEC and Northern late last year off memory. VTWC have had theirs for a slightly longer period, all be it in a different format. Not sure what is happening with the SWT panel since the franchise was handed over.

Not everything is put to these panels, but they are seen as a valuable tool in improving not only the customer experience, but the relationship between the operator and passenger.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Oct 2017, 7:21 am #269
(24 Oct 2017, 7:12 am)Andreos1 I will have to check the dashcam footage for the exact wording, but between Dalton Park and the Ryhope/Seaham junction, Gateshead wasn't mentioned once (similar to the Bournmoor example on the 4 ex Heworth before it was added).

Sorry, I thought you meant that you were on a section of the X9/X10 route which allows via points.

Because both of these services are now split, to avoid having to conform to EU regulations (tachographs, driving hours, etc), the display from Newcastle (legally) has to read "Peterlee then Middlesbrough" (X9) or "Dalton Park then Middlesbrough" (X10) as this is how the services are registered. The same applies in the opposite direction, but "Middlesbrough" is substituted for "Newcastle".

Sadly there's nothing that can be done about this - it is the downside to operators using this legal loophole on long-distance services.

On their X12 service; Arriva show "Durham for Middlesbrough", but the "for Middlesbrough" line flashes off and then "via Chester-le-Street" comes on. Whilst this is perfectly legal, I'd argue it's in the best interests of operators to show (what is perceived by customers to be) the terminal point at all times, to minimise confusion. Otherwise it looks like the service terminates at Durham (X12), Peterlee (X9) or Dalton Park (X10).

(24 Oct 2017, 7:12 am)Andreos1 Just a quick comment regarding customers outside the community not actually caring.

Not sure about Arriva or Stagecoach, but Go North East has a "Passenger Panel".

Periodically - by e-mail - customers are invited to participate in a survey. I've shared examples in the past, but I am no longer a part of this panel so not sure how regularly these surveys are still undertaken. They tended to influence more business-critical decisions than what wanted to show on destination displays, though.

Example of a survey undertaken previously:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1402&pid=96675
Dan
24 Oct 2017, 7:21 am #269

(24 Oct 2017, 7:12 am)Andreos1 I will have to check the dashcam footage for the exact wording, but between Dalton Park and the Ryhope/Seaham junction, Gateshead wasn't mentioned once (similar to the Bournmoor example on the 4 ex Heworth before it was added).

Sorry, I thought you meant that you were on a section of the X9/X10 route which allows via points.

Because both of these services are now split, to avoid having to conform to EU regulations (tachographs, driving hours, etc), the display from Newcastle (legally) has to read "Peterlee then Middlesbrough" (X9) or "Dalton Park then Middlesbrough" (X10) as this is how the services are registered. The same applies in the opposite direction, but "Middlesbrough" is substituted for "Newcastle".

Sadly there's nothing that can be done about this - it is the downside to operators using this legal loophole on long-distance services.

On their X12 service; Arriva show "Durham for Middlesbrough", but the "for Middlesbrough" line flashes off and then "via Chester-le-Street" comes on. Whilst this is perfectly legal, I'd argue it's in the best interests of operators to show (what is perceived by customers to be) the terminal point at all times, to minimise confusion. Otherwise it looks like the service terminates at Durham (X12), Peterlee (X9) or Dalton Park (X10).

(24 Oct 2017, 7:12 am)Andreos1 Just a quick comment regarding customers outside the community not actually caring.

Not sure about Arriva or Stagecoach, but Go North East has a "Passenger Panel".

Periodically - by e-mail - customers are invited to participate in a survey. I've shared examples in the past, but I am no longer a part of this panel so not sure how regularly these surveys are still undertaken. They tended to influence more business-critical decisions than what wanted to show on destination displays, though.

Example of a survey undertaken previously:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1402&pid=96675

Jamie M

Unregistered

24 Oct 2017, 7:49 am #270
I've heard nothing from the panel since joining it in 2015

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
24 Oct 2017, 7:49 am #270

I've heard nothing from the panel since joining it in 2015

24 Oct 2017, 10:34 am #271
Nothing wrong with the "Angel" brand; but assuming new vehicles are coming there must be enough to ensure that the PVR is covered by branded buses, plus at least one branded spare, as there should be at least one on each major branded route - out of 15 or so buses it'll be almost impossible to have 15 on the road at one time. Too many vehicles are getting the red & blue. I'm a strong believer in branding - and there's nothing wrong with area liveries like "Black Cats" and "Venture" ...... as long as nothing much obscures the view from the windows! Although "Indigo" and "The 49" are meaningless poor brands and I cannot understand why "Tyne Tees Xpress" was dropped.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Greg_in_Weardale
24 Oct 2017, 10:34 am #271

Nothing wrong with the "Angel" brand; but assuming new vehicles are coming there must be enough to ensure that the PVR is covered by branded buses, plus at least one branded spare, as there should be at least one on each major branded route - out of 15 or so buses it'll be almost impossible to have 15 on the road at one time. Too many vehicles are getting the red & blue. I'm a strong believer in branding - and there's nothing wrong with area liveries like "Black Cats" and "Venture" ...... as long as nothing much obscures the view from the windows! Although "Indigo" and "The 49" are meaningless poor brands and I cannot understand why "Tyne Tees Xpress" was dropped.

Andreos1

24 Oct 2017, 1:41 pm #272
(24 Oct 2017, 7:49 am)Jamie M I've heard nothing from the panel since joining it in 2015

It's amazing what a company can get from its customers, when they decide to put something in themselves.
Whether it be time, effort or serious thought.

I won't specify which TOC panels I have been involved with on a professional level, but the ones that I think have been the most succesful, have been the ones where the TOC has really got involved in the idea.
Some of the things that I have seen/heard panel members get involved in are quite high level. Others less so.
However, the toc's spent time vetting (and in one case interviewing) panel members beforehand - so they are picking the demographics and the talent that they require.

In the cases where panel members havent been consulted, it is quite remarkable to see feedback or comments from customers being quite negative.
This hasn't always been the case with examples where panel members have been involved. Granted not everyone will approve of every recommendation, but ultimately these recommendations are being made by customers, who just happen to sit on a panel.

It makes you wonder how detached the people are, who make the decisions without consultation.

Andreos1
24 Oct 2017, 1:41 pm #272

(24 Oct 2017, 7:49 am)Jamie M I've heard nothing from the panel since joining it in 2015

It's amazing what a company can get from its customers, when they decide to put something in themselves.
Whether it be time, effort or serious thought.

I won't specify which TOC panels I have been involved with on a professional level, but the ones that I think have been the most succesful, have been the ones where the TOC has really got involved in the idea.
Some of the things that I have seen/heard panel members get involved in are quite high level. Others less so.
However, the toc's spent time vetting (and in one case interviewing) panel members beforehand - so they are picking the demographics and the talent that they require.

In the cases where panel members havent been consulted, it is quite remarkable to see feedback or comments from customers being quite negative.
This hasn't always been the case with examples where panel members have been involved. Granted not everyone will approve of every recommendation, but ultimately these recommendations are being made by customers, who just happen to sit on a panel.

It makes you wonder how detached the people are, who make the decisions without consultation.

24 Oct 2017, 4:32 pm #273
(21 Oct 2017, 5:32 pm)Jamie M [Image: 23982877448_47ec3024a5_k.jpg]NK16BXF / 6306 : Wright Streetdeck by Jamie MP, on Flickr

[Image: 37803523042_0497f36f12_k.jpg]NK16BXF / 6306 : Wright Streetdeck by Jamie MP, on Flickr

[Image: 23982880008_5dbc70a7c8_k.jpg]NK16BXF / 6306 : Wright Streetdeck by Jamie MP, on Flickr

Not impressed with the quality - I'll try again on Monday (or tomorrow evening if I'm free)

Thank You!  Hopefully these will be on all GNE Buses
TyneWearTeesGNE
24 Oct 2017, 4:32 pm #273

(21 Oct 2017, 5:32 pm)Jamie M [Image: 23982877448_47ec3024a5_k.jpg]NK16BXF / 6306 : Wright Streetdeck by Jamie MP, on Flickr

[Image: 37803523042_0497f36f12_k.jpg]NK16BXF / 6306 : Wright Streetdeck by Jamie MP, on Flickr

[Image: 23982880008_5dbc70a7c8_k.jpg]NK16BXF / 6306 : Wright Streetdeck by Jamie MP, on Flickr

Not impressed with the quality - I'll try again on Monday (or tomorrow evening if I'm free)

Thank You!  Hopefully these will be on all GNE Buses

busmanT

24 Oct 2017, 11:30 pm #274
(24 Oct 2017, 10:34 am)Greg_in_Weardale Nothing wrong with the "Angel" brand; but assuming new vehicles are coming there must be enough to ensure that the PVR is covered by branded buses, plus at least one branded spare, as there should be at least one on each major branded route - out of 15 or so buses it'll be almost impossible to have 15 on the road at one time. Too many vehicles are getting the red & blue. I'm a strong believer in branding - and there's nothing wrong with area liveries like "Black Cats" and "Venture" ...... as long as nothing much obscures the view from the windows! Although "Indigo" and "The 49" are meaningless poor brands and I cannot understand why "Tyne Tees Xpress" was dropped.

Go North East have bought at least one spare bus with most batches of vehicles recently, for example the 20 PVR Prince Bishops came with 2 spare buses as did the 16 PVR Black Cats.
busmanT
24 Oct 2017, 11:30 pm #274

(24 Oct 2017, 10:34 am)Greg_in_Weardale Nothing wrong with the "Angel" brand; but assuming new vehicles are coming there must be enough to ensure that the PVR is covered by branded buses, plus at least one branded spare, as there should be at least one on each major branded route - out of 15 or so buses it'll be almost impossible to have 15 on the road at one time. Too many vehicles are getting the red & blue. I'm a strong believer in branding - and there's nothing wrong with area liveries like "Black Cats" and "Venture" ...... as long as nothing much obscures the view from the windows! Although "Indigo" and "The 49" are meaningless poor brands and I cannot understand why "Tyne Tees Xpress" was dropped.

Go North East have bought at least one spare bus with most batches of vehicles recently, for example the 20 PVR Prince Bishops came with 2 spare buses as did the 16 PVR Black Cats.

25 Oct 2017, 10:26 am #275
Is there any sign of the double deck demonstrator that Arriva had coming to GNE ?
also is there  a list of the new series of staff vans available ?
Coppercap40
25 Oct 2017, 10:26 am #275

Is there any sign of the double deck demonstrator that Arriva had coming to GNE ?

Jimmi

25 Oct 2017, 10:33 am #276
(25 Oct 2017, 10:26 am)Coppercap40 Is there any sign of the double deck demonstrator that Arriva had coming to GNE ?

It was with Arriva Yorkshire the weekend just gone on service 110, unsure if it's still there or not.
Jimmi
25 Oct 2017, 10:33 am #276

(25 Oct 2017, 10:26 am)Coppercap40 Is there any sign of the double deck demonstrator that Arriva had coming to GNE ?

It was with Arriva Yorkshire the weekend just gone on service 110, unsure if it's still there or not.

25 Oct 2017, 10:41 am #277
But were they branded spares or in fleet livery; I can't remember.

Greg_in_Weardale
25 Oct 2017, 10:41 am #277

But were they branded spares or in fleet livery; I can't remember.

nk55

25 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm #278
(25 Oct 2017, 10:41 am)Greg_in_Weardale But were they branded spares or in fleet livery; I can't remember.

Fleet livery, don’t see the point in having buses in brand being spare capacity. I understand your point of not all liveried buses might be available all the time, but when they are then a branded bus will be put on a different route therefore causing confusion.
nk55
25 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm #278

(25 Oct 2017, 10:41 am)Greg_in_Weardale But were they branded spares or in fleet livery; I can't remember.

Fleet livery, don’t see the point in having buses in brand being spare capacity. I understand your point of not all liveried buses might be available all the time, but when they are then a branded bus will be put on a different route therefore causing confusion.

Wybus

25 Oct 2017, 4:50 pm #279
(25 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm)nk55 Fleet livery, don’t see the point in having buses in brand being spare capacity. I understand your point of not all liveried buses might be available all the time, but when they are then a branded bus will be put on a different route therefore causing confusion.

I think it makes sense to have a spare in branded livery when the PVR is high and unlikely to ever be met by the branded buses, and when the service the spare branded bus would otherwise be used on is only misc works and scholars.

This would apply to the Angel, the Red Arrow, Hexham's half of the Ten and the Cobalt Clipper.
Wybus
25 Oct 2017, 4:50 pm #279

(25 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm)nk55 Fleet livery, don’t see the point in having buses in brand being spare capacity. I understand your point of not all liveried buses might be available all the time, but when they are then a branded bus will be put on a different route therefore causing confusion.

I think it makes sense to have a spare in branded livery when the PVR is high and unlikely to ever be met by the branded buses, and when the service the spare branded bus would otherwise be used on is only misc works and scholars.

This would apply to the Angel, the Red Arrow, Hexham's half of the Ten and the Cobalt Clipper.

Michael

26 Oct 2017, 5:13 am #280
What will Go North East use on the 40/40A/40B? (Durham cathedral/local buses)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Oct 2017, 5:13 am #280

What will Go North East use on the 40/40A/40B? (Durham cathedral/local buses)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (18) Previous 113 14 1518 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average