Menu

North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates Proposed forum changes

Proposed forum changes

Proposed forum changes

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Poll: Are you for or against the proposed setup?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

For
24.44%
Votes 11
Against
73.33%
Votes 33
Abstain
2.22%
Votes 1

Total 45 vote(s) 100%
Andreos1

22 Nov 2017, 9:52 pm #7
(22 Nov 2017, 9:19 pm)Adrian My own opinion, and other have raised it too with me, is that they're exactly that - a pointless waste of time. We want threads created on the forum that generate discussion, and having an endless list of "X is on Y today" serves no purpose to anyone. But perhaps someone creating a thread about reliability of Stagecoach's Omnilinks, for example, would be?

Nobody can create sub forums but admins, and our view would be one forum for each Go North East, Arriva NE, and Stagecoach NE - no sub forums to that, and the rest of the forum would remain as is.

On the other hand, it does create a problem in searching for something specific, and it is not very friendly for search engines.

I think bitching will happen with online communities regardless, but we'd have to be prepared for that and nip it in the bud, when it does occur. The forum guidelines are quite clear that moderation should be left to the moderators.

I can't see what these proposals would change in the future though.

In the 'Anything and Everything' thread, we see threads created and sometimes discussion follows, sometimes it doesn't.
Just like when the main three operators had user generated threads and to be honest, just like we see in the current format. Sometimes discussion happens, sometimes it doesn't.

I enjoyed some of the recent discussion on the 21 allocations and enjoyed the comments that spun off in the pricing thread.
The comment from some insiders (similar to the tone and style when discussing purple Solars or other ongoing comment like the X3, X93, covered windows etc), seemed to shut down those discussions.
If there wasn't that, then we saw the 'oh, I'm sick of discussion about x, y or z'.
Coincidently, I was reading an old thread today (April 13 maybe) and there was comment from yourself about being fed up about discussion on the X93 - even though it had its own thread).
So discussion stops...

Surely it is up to members to generate discussion and debate?
The ANE R&OW thread is painful to read at times. However the user generated content in there doesn't really lend itself to form a discussion. Is that down to the way the forum is designed or the abilities of certain members to engage or instigate meaningful discussion?

Unless we see Gtoms N Korea theory come true and mods extensively monitor content, those ANE R&OW posts will continue.
Edited 22 Nov 2017, 9:56 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
22 Nov 2017, 9:52 pm #7

(22 Nov 2017, 9:19 pm)Adrian My own opinion, and other have raised it too with me, is that they're exactly that - a pointless waste of time. We want threads created on the forum that generate discussion, and having an endless list of "X is on Y today" serves no purpose to anyone. But perhaps someone creating a thread about reliability of Stagecoach's Omnilinks, for example, would be?

Nobody can create sub forums but admins, and our view would be one forum for each Go North East, Arriva NE, and Stagecoach NE - no sub forums to that, and the rest of the forum would remain as is.

On the other hand, it does create a problem in searching for something specific, and it is not very friendly for search engines.

I think bitching will happen with online communities regardless, but we'd have to be prepared for that and nip it in the bud, when it does occur. The forum guidelines are quite clear that moderation should be left to the moderators.

I can't see what these proposals would change in the future though.

In the 'Anything and Everything' thread, we see threads created and sometimes discussion follows, sometimes it doesn't.
Just like when the main three operators had user generated threads and to be honest, just like we see in the current format. Sometimes discussion happens, sometimes it doesn't.

I enjoyed some of the recent discussion on the 21 allocations and enjoyed the comments that spun off in the pricing thread.
The comment from some insiders (similar to the tone and style when discussing purple Solars or other ongoing comment like the X3, X93, covered windows etc), seemed to shut down those discussions.
If there wasn't that, then we saw the 'oh, I'm sick of discussion about x, y or z'.
Coincidently, I was reading an old thread today (April 13 maybe) and there was comment from yourself about being fed up about discussion on the X93 - even though it had its own thread).
So discussion stops...

Surely it is up to members to generate discussion and debate?
The ANE R&OW thread is painful to read at times. However the user generated content in there doesn't really lend itself to form a discussion. Is that down to the way the forum is designed or the abilities of certain members to engage or instigate meaningful discussion?

Unless we see Gtoms N Korea theory come true and mods extensively monitor content, those ANE R&OW posts will continue.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Messages In This Thread
Proposed forum changes - by Adrian - 22 Nov 2017, 8:21 pm
RE: Proposed forum changes - by Andreos1 - 22 Nov 2017, 8:54 pm
Proposed forum changes - by cbma06 - 22 Nov 2017, 9:09 pm
RE: Proposed forum changes - by Adrian - 22 Nov 2017, 9:19 pm
RE: Proposed forum changes - by Andreos1 - 22 Nov 2017, 9:52 pm
Proposed forum changes - by cbma06 - 22 Nov 2017, 9:36 pm
RE: Proposed forum changes - by Andreos1 - 22 Nov 2017, 9:38 pm
RE: Proposed forum changes - by mb134 - 22 Nov 2017, 10:00 pm
RE: Proposed forum changes - by idiot - 23 Nov 2017, 12:05 am