Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Bus specification, interior and on-board features

Bus specification, interior and on-board features

Bus specification, interior and on-board features

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6): Previous 14 5 6
Jimmi

06 Sep 2017, 7:50 am #101
(06 Sep 2017, 7:14 am)James101 Was there not once upon a time (around 2010?) a GNE cleaner based in Eldon Square who would give the Gold Standard buses on layover a quick once-over? Time for this role to make a comeback? Even on a short layover they could run a lobby brush round an angel in the time it takes to change destination display and load new ticket journey info.

Problem with that is half the time they do all that whilst driving between Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle from my experiences, good luck trying that on the 21 as it doesn't get that long at Eldon Square (and that's if it's on time of course  Wink)
Jimmi
06 Sep 2017, 7:50 am #101

(06 Sep 2017, 7:14 am)James101 Was there not once upon a time (around 2010?) a GNE cleaner based in Eldon Square who would give the Gold Standard buses on layover a quick once-over? Time for this role to make a comeback? Even on a short layover they could run a lobby brush round an angel in the time it takes to change destination display and load new ticket journey info.

Problem with that is half the time they do all that whilst driving between Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle from my experiences, good luck trying that on the 21 as it doesn't get that long at Eldon Square (and that's if it's on time of course  Wink)

Andreos1

06 Sep 2017, 8:16 am #102
(06 Sep 2017, 7:50 am)Jimmi Problem with that is half the time they do all that whilst driving between Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle from my experiences, good luck trying that on the 21 as it doesn't get that long at Eldon Square (and that's if it's on time of course  Wink)

The blinds and machines traditionally were always done when waiting at the lights at the bottom of High Street West, when heading to Newcastle.
My awareness of interworking came about courtesy of those lights, whilst just a youngster.
Whether it's still done now, not sure. The effort to change a display is a lot more subtle and discreet, compared to the old roller blinds.

However, I think the operators need to overcome obstacles like the ones you mention, in order to keep their vehicles clean and presentable. The cleaning could be carried out at the other end, or even Chester.
Maybe, we see a Pavlov's dogs type effect where a clean bus leads to a re-condition of how passengers behave.
A clean bus may disuade passengers from making a mess. Opposed to passengers thinking that making an additional mess, wont make much difference to the mess already made.
Edited 06 Sep 2017, 8:18 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Sep 2017, 8:16 am #102

(06 Sep 2017, 7:50 am)Jimmi Problem with that is half the time they do all that whilst driving between Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle from my experiences, good luck trying that on the 21 as it doesn't get that long at Eldon Square (and that's if it's on time of course  Wink)

The blinds and machines traditionally were always done when waiting at the lights at the bottom of High Street West, when heading to Newcastle.
My awareness of interworking came about courtesy of those lights, whilst just a youngster.
Whether it's still done now, not sure. The effort to change a display is a lot more subtle and discreet, compared to the old roller blinds.

However, I think the operators need to overcome obstacles like the ones you mention, in order to keep their vehicles clean and presentable. The cleaning could be carried out at the other end, or even Chester.
Maybe, we see a Pavlov's dogs type effect where a clean bus leads to a re-condition of how passengers behave.
A clean bus may disuade passengers from making a mess. Opposed to passengers thinking that making an additional mess, wont make much difference to the mess already made.

Andreos1

21 Oct 2017, 7:50 am #103
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-41697...harassment

Interiors of buses to be re-designed?

Andreos1
21 Oct 2017, 7:50 am #103

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-41697...harassment

BusLoverMum

21 Oct 2017, 10:35 am #104
(21 Oct 2017, 7:50 am)Andreos1 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-41697...harassment

How about men just keep their flaming hands and crotches to themselves?
BusLoverMum
21 Oct 2017, 10:35 am #104

(21 Oct 2017, 7:50 am)Andreos1 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-41697...harassment

How about men just keep their flaming hands and crotches to themselves?

Andreos1

21 Oct 2017, 4:13 pm #105
(21 Oct 2017, 10:35 am)BusLoverMum How about men just keep their flaming hands and crotches to themselves?

Totally aware this is going off topic (which isnt my intention) and whilst not condoning that sort of behaviour by men at all...
It isnt just men who do it.

Granted it wasnt on a bus, but recently I have had my crotch groped and had my bum smacked by different women. All within a few hours.
Not for the first time and probably not for the last.

I still cringe at (the long gone) Adam's experience on the X93 a few summers ago too.
Not sure if he is still having nightmares.

Andreos1
21 Oct 2017, 4:13 pm #105

(21 Oct 2017, 10:35 am)BusLoverMum How about men just keep their flaming hands and crotches to themselves?

Totally aware this is going off topic (which isnt my intention) and whilst not condoning that sort of behaviour by men at all...
It isnt just men who do it.

Granted it wasnt on a bus, but recently I have had my crotch groped and had my bum smacked by different women. All within a few hours.
Not for the first time and probably not for the last.

I still cringe at (the long gone) Adam's experience on the X93 a few summers ago too.
Not sure if he is still having nightmares.

Adrian

21 Oct 2017, 4:52 pm #106

Hear, hear.

I just find it incredibly sad that we need to talk about sexual harassment as much as we do, given that it is 2017.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
21 Oct 2017, 4:52 pm #106

Hear, hear.

I just find it incredibly sad that we need to talk about sexual harassment as much as we do, given that it is 2017.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Pages (6): Previous 14 5 6

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average