Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Bus driver wages?

Bus driver wages?

Bus driver wages?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BlessingV

Unregistered

21 Mar 2018, 2:46 pm #1
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to be a bus driver in the Midlands for a public bus service. They're offering to start me at £11 an hour after I've done a few weeks training. I was wondering if this was a good salary for a bus driver? I'd be making about £16,000 after tax according to this income tax calculator. Hope to hear from you all soon Smile Cheers!
BlessingV
21 Mar 2018, 2:46 pm #1

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to be a bus driver in the Midlands for a public bus service. They're offering to start me at £11 an hour after I've done a few weeks training. I was wondering if this was a good salary for a bus driver? I'd be making about £16,000 after tax according to this income tax calculator. Hope to hear from you all soon Smile Cheers!

Jamie M

Unregistered

21 Mar 2018, 4:06 pm #2
A lot of the bigger companies are hitting around 9£/h for new starters. Not just raw hourly pay to consider though, there's pensions, sick pay/security, paid break and all that stuff.
Jamie M
21 Mar 2018, 4:06 pm #2

A lot of the bigger companies are hitting around 9£/h for new starters. Not just raw hourly pay to consider though, there's pensions, sick pay/security, paid break and all that stuff.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average