Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (15) Previous 112 13 14 15 Next
JP6004

21 Apr 2018, 2:42 pm #241
(21 Apr 2018, 2:40 pm)L469 YVK Anyone doubting the decision to put deckers on the Coaster, just seen one going towards Gateshead before in Shields and looked busy.

Think 50 should get deckers too. Always heaving during warm weather

Expect numbers to increase after Spanish City reopens
Edited 21 Apr 2018, 2:43 pm by JP6004.
JP6004
21 Apr 2018, 2:42 pm #241

(21 Apr 2018, 2:40 pm)L469 YVK Anyone doubting the decision to put deckers on the Coaster, just seen one going towards Gateshead before in Shields and looked busy.

Think 50 should get deckers too. Always heaving during warm weather

Expect numbers to increase after Spanish City reopens

Malarkey

21 Apr 2018, 7:04 pm #242
Seen a few mentions of 5438 having a repaint but no photos, here is 5438 now in plain red https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

Any ideas on if this going to have another promotional livery?
Malarkey
21 Apr 2018, 7:04 pm #242

Seen a few mentions of 5438 having a repaint but no photos, here is 5438 now in plain red https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...ed-public/

Any ideas on if this going to have another promotional livery?

21 Apr 2018, 8:46 pm #243
(21 Apr 2018, 7:39 am)Dan I think the trial of the electric Yutong vehicle suggests the company are definitely interested in investing in this technology - I'd expect a press release early next week when the vehicle is returned - but there's a significantly higher cost for this type of bus than a standard diesel, and I think it's a bit of a risk given that the long-term reliability just cannot be predicted.

I was a huge fan of Stagecoach North East's gas buses when they were first launched, but living in Sunderland, I see/hear/quite regularly ride on them, and a lot of them are much rougher now, than they were when brand new. One wouldn't expect them to stay 'as new' forever, but the sound some of them make isn't the best, so I'm a little skeptical.

I had a ride of the Yutong yesterday and felt, from a passenger's perspective, the interior was dark and dingy, and felt quite clinical. Aside from the lack of legroom and rattly emergency exit door, I have no real problems with the interior of a Streetlite by comparison. They feel quite light and airy - the LED strip in the centre of the ceiling seems to provide more than enough lighting for the saloon.

The Yutong should be heading to Stagecoach North East next week after its trial at Go North East. Believe, after initial murmurs that the bus would be used in Sunderland to compare against the gas buses, it will now be used on the 100?

Trails on the 100 yes. Not heard that one myself, but I believe it was always destined for the 100 - was certainly the case in the weeks leading up to it landing at GNE, as it was wibbled for it to arrive with Stagecoach first.
Edited 21 Apr 2018, 8:53 pm by RBZ 5459.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
21 Apr 2018, 8:46 pm #243

(21 Apr 2018, 7:39 am)Dan I think the trial of the electric Yutong vehicle suggests the company are definitely interested in investing in this technology - I'd expect a press release early next week when the vehicle is returned - but there's a significantly higher cost for this type of bus than a standard diesel, and I think it's a bit of a risk given that the long-term reliability just cannot be predicted.

I was a huge fan of Stagecoach North East's gas buses when they were first launched, but living in Sunderland, I see/hear/quite regularly ride on them, and a lot of them are much rougher now, than they were when brand new. One wouldn't expect them to stay 'as new' forever, but the sound some of them make isn't the best, so I'm a little skeptical.

I had a ride of the Yutong yesterday and felt, from a passenger's perspective, the interior was dark and dingy, and felt quite clinical. Aside from the lack of legroom and rattly emergency exit door, I have no real problems with the interior of a Streetlite by comparison. They feel quite light and airy - the LED strip in the centre of the ceiling seems to provide more than enough lighting for the saloon.

The Yutong should be heading to Stagecoach North East next week after its trial at Go North East. Believe, after initial murmurs that the bus would be used in Sunderland to compare against the gas buses, it will now be used on the 100?

Trails on the 100 yes. Not heard that one myself, but I believe it was always destined for the 100 - was certainly the case in the weeks leading up to it landing at GNE, as it was wibbled for it to arrive with Stagecoach first.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Apr 2018, 8:51 pm #244
(21 Apr 2018, 8:46 pm)RBZ 5459 Trails on the 100 yes. Not heard that one myself, but I believe it was always destined for the 100 - was certainly the case in the weeks leading up to it landing at GNE, as it was wibbled for it to arrive with Stagecoach first.

Don't think it was ever intended to go to Stagecoach first - its trial with Go North East was delayed by a few weeks, which may be the reason for this suggestion.

Both operators intending to use the Yutong for a bit of PR, although Stagecoach mightn't bother once Go North East's goes out (bit like missing the boat!) Assume it helps Stagecoach out at a time when they're struggling with the MANviros on the 100..!
Dan
21 Apr 2018, 8:51 pm #244

(21 Apr 2018, 8:46 pm)RBZ 5459 Trails on the 100 yes. Not heard that one myself, but I believe it was always destined for the 100 - was certainly the case in the weeks leading up to it landing at GNE, as it was wibbled for it to arrive with Stagecoach first.

Don't think it was ever intended to go to Stagecoach first - its trial with Go North East was delayed by a few weeks, which may be the reason for this suggestion.

Both operators intending to use the Yutong for a bit of PR, although Stagecoach mightn't bother once Go North East's goes out (bit like missing the boat!) Assume it helps Stagecoach out at a time when they're struggling with the MANviros on the 100..!

21 Apr 2018, 8:59 pm #245
(21 Apr 2018, 8:51 pm)Dan Don't think it was ever intended to go to Stagecoach first - its trial with Go North East was delayed by a few weeks, which may be the reason for this suggestion.

Be interesting if it causes a bit of confusion at the Metrocentre with regular X66 commuters who have seen it...!

I went on it a couple of times on the X66 and found it ok.... The NE roads don't do it any favours, fair few rattles, but along the Centrelink it was pretty smooth and speedy. Interior spec'd up to say GNE or SC and it might be a bit more welcoming, but was certainly billy-basic dealer standard with a Yutong twist.
Edited 21 Apr 2018, 8:59 pm by RBZ 5459.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
21 Apr 2018, 8:59 pm #245

(21 Apr 2018, 8:51 pm)Dan Don't think it was ever intended to go to Stagecoach first - its trial with Go North East was delayed by a few weeks, which may be the reason for this suggestion.

Be interesting if it causes a bit of confusion at the Metrocentre with regular X66 commuters who have seen it...!

I went on it a couple of times on the X66 and found it ok.... The NE roads don't do it any favours, fair few rattles, but along the Centrelink it was pretty smooth and speedy. Interior spec'd up to say GNE or SC and it might be a bit more welcoming, but was certainly billy-basic dealer standard with a Yutong twist.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Apr 2018, 9:02 pm #246
(21 Apr 2018, 8:59 pm)RBZ 5459 Be interesting if it causes a bit of confusion at the Metrocentre with regular X66 commuters who have seen it...!

One would hope that Stagecoach put a bit more effort into making a bit more... Stagecoach-y... which may reduce confusion.

Naff Chinese destination can't be helped, but it was rushed out at Go North East without fleet numbers or fleet names. I'd be amazed if some folk haven't missed the bus, as it's gone through Teams!
Dan
21 Apr 2018, 9:02 pm #246

(21 Apr 2018, 8:59 pm)RBZ 5459 Be interesting if it causes a bit of confusion at the Metrocentre with regular X66 commuters who have seen it...!

One would hope that Stagecoach put a bit more effort into making a bit more... Stagecoach-y... which may reduce confusion.

Naff Chinese destination can't be helped, but it was rushed out at Go North East without fleet numbers or fleet names. I'd be amazed if some folk haven't missed the bus, as it's gone through Teams!

21 Apr 2018, 9:29 pm #247
Having seen pictures of 6117s nearside which actually looks quite good, I've got to wonder why they didn't do the same for the offside which looks very bland. It does looks as if they've done half a job with it.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
21 Apr 2018, 9:29 pm #247

Having seen pictures of 6117s nearside which actually looks quite good, I've got to wonder why they didn't do the same for the offside which looks very bland. It does looks as if they've done half a job with it.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

21 Apr 2018, 10:17 pm #248
(21 Apr 2018, 9:29 pm)Rapidsnap Having seen pictures of 6117s nearside which actually looks quite good, I've got to wonder why they didn't do the same for the offside which looks very bland. It does looks as if they've done half a job with it.

I didn’t realise both sides were different until I saw photos on Flickr of the near side as I got a photo of it today at Haymarket assuming it was the same on both sides so will need a photo of the near side when I next see it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Edited 21 Apr 2018, 10:22 pm by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
21 Apr 2018, 10:17 pm #248

(21 Apr 2018, 9:29 pm)Rapidsnap Having seen pictures of 6117s nearside which actually looks quite good, I've got to wonder why they didn't do the same for the offside which looks very bland. It does looks as if they've done half a job with it.

I didn’t realise both sides were different until I saw photos on Flickr of the near side as I got a photo of it today at Haymarket assuming it was the same on both sides so will need a photo of the near side when I next see it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michael

22 Apr 2018, 11:17 am #249
Forgot to mention, seen a black Omnidekka getting towed down the A1 yesterday, looks like it was heading towards Riverside.

(21 Apr 2018, 9:02 pm)Dan One would hope that Stagecoach put a bit more effort into making a bit more... Stagecoach-y... which may reduce confusion.

Ye, i don't like it all, any chance it could be changed if it was bought for a route in the NE?

(20 Apr 2018, 7:53 pm)OrangeArrow49 That would be good. That will leave the Omnidekkas as the only bus I don't like. 

When are the Presidents due to go?

Not sure, hopefully soon.
Edited 22 Apr 2018, 11:19 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Apr 2018, 11:17 am #249

Forgot to mention, seen a black Omnidekka getting towed down the A1 yesterday, looks like it was heading towards Riverside.

(21 Apr 2018, 9:02 pm)Dan One would hope that Stagecoach put a bit more effort into making a bit more... Stagecoach-y... which may reduce confusion.

Ye, i don't like it all, any chance it could be changed if it was bought for a route in the NE?

(20 Apr 2018, 7:53 pm)OrangeArrow49 That would be good. That will leave the Omnidekkas as the only bus I don't like. 

When are the Presidents due to go?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

22 Apr 2018, 8:03 pm #250
(22 Apr 2018, 11:17 am)Michael Forgot to mention, seen a black Omnidekka getting towed down the A1 yesterday, looks like it was heading towards Riverside.

Does Stagecoach NE have any plans to run the same types of buses as GNE, such as Solos, Versas, Streetlites etc? They do in other places.

Do you not like the Presidents? I like the Coaster deckers. I am not sure what has been allocated to Blue Arrow recently, I use the Coaster now.
OrangeArrow49
22 Apr 2018, 8:03 pm #250

(22 Apr 2018, 11:17 am)Michael Forgot to mention, seen a black Omnidekka getting towed down the A1 yesterday, looks like it was heading towards Riverside.

Does Stagecoach NE have any plans to run the same types of buses as GNE, such as Solos, Versas, Streetlites etc? They do in other places.

Do you not like the Presidents? I like the Coaster deckers. I am not sure what has been allocated to Blue Arrow recently, I use the Coaster now.

22 Apr 2018, 8:41 pm #251
Quaylink versa 8311 was in Consett at approx 14.15 this afternoon on red kite service 45, presumably covering a breakdown. Not sure if it did just the one round trip
Olympian3521
22 Apr 2018, 8:41 pm #251

Quaylink versa 8311 was in Consett at approx 14.15 this afternoon on red kite service 45, presumably covering a breakdown. Not sure if it did just the one round trip

Michael

22 Apr 2018, 8:44 pm #252
(22 Apr 2018, 8:03 pm)OrangeArrow49 Does Stagecoach NE have any plans to run the same types of buses as GNE, such as Solos, Versas, Streetlites etc? They do in other places.

Doubt it for the NE, they'll stick to Enviro's.

I don't like the presidents, built to go 10mph for London, rubbish up here.

Blue Arrows now use Scania Omnicities, most which were on the Coaster before it got the hybrids from the Angel.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Apr 2018, 8:44 pm #252

(22 Apr 2018, 8:03 pm)OrangeArrow49 Does Stagecoach NE have any plans to run the same types of buses as GNE, such as Solos, Versas, Streetlites etc? They do in other places.

Doubt it for the NE, they'll stick to Enviro's.

I don't like the presidents, built to go 10mph for London, rubbish up here.

Blue Arrows now use Scania Omnicities, most which were on the Coaster before it got the hybrids from the Angel.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

22 Apr 2018, 8:44 pm #253

No they don’t need too. I can’t think of any routes they need Solos on (off the top of my head)
NewcastleOne
22 Apr 2018, 8:44 pm #253

No they don’t need too. I can’t think of any routes they need Solos on (off the top of my head)

23 Apr 2018, 7:49 am #254

UK Bus heading away from Optare again, after various reliability issues and upkeep maintenance cost, especially post-warranty. Any Streetlites in the group been have been part funded by grants and council initiatives.
Edited 23 Apr 2018, 7:49 am by RBZ 5459.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
23 Apr 2018, 7:49 am #254

UK Bus heading away from Optare again, after various reliability issues and upkeep maintenance cost, especially post-warranty. Any Streetlites in the group been have been part funded by grants and council initiatives.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Michael

23 Apr 2018, 6:17 pm #255
Seen this on the news about 5202:

In order to improve the appearance of the Driver Training fleet, the entire batch of Scania L94s are to undergo repaint. Having previously carried a plain red base livery, this vehicle has now received a plain blue livery. It is intended for the batch to have branding fitted in the future, showcasing some of the benefits of joining "Team GNE" thereby acting as a mobile advertisement for the company's recruitment programme.

Good idea repainting them to blue and then putting branding on them to attract new drivers.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Apr 2018, 6:17 pm #255

Seen this on the news about 5202:

In order to improve the appearance of the Driver Training fleet, the entire batch of Scania L94s are to undergo repaint. Having previously carried a plain red base livery, this vehicle has now received a plain blue livery. It is intended for the batch to have branding fitted in the future, showcasing some of the benefits of joining "Team GNE" thereby acting as a mobile advertisement for the company's recruitment programme.

Good idea repainting them to blue and then putting branding on them to attract new drivers.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jamie M

Unregistered

23 Apr 2018, 6:44 pm #256
Which bus has 6315's machine in?
Jamie M
23 Apr 2018, 6:44 pm #256

Which bus has 6315's machine in?

23 Apr 2018, 9:43 pm #257
Anyone know if the Olympians are still operating the Jewish scholars, and the best time/place to see them?
stagecoachbusdepot
23 Apr 2018, 9:43 pm #257

Anyone know if the Olympians are still operating the Jewish scholars, and the best time/place to see them?

citaro5284

24 Apr 2018, 4:45 am #258
(23 Apr 2018, 9:43 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Anyone know if the Olympians are still operating the Jewish scholars, and the best time/place to see them?

2 of them are now withdrawn.
citaro5284
24 Apr 2018, 4:45 am #258

(23 Apr 2018, 9:43 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Anyone know if the Olympians are still operating the Jewish scholars, and the best time/place to see them?

2 of them are now withdrawn.

BusLoverMum

24 Apr 2018, 11:08 am #259
6304 in receipt of tlc at ES. Mechanics says it's knackered.
BusLoverMum
24 Apr 2018, 11:08 am #259

6304 in receipt of tlc at ES. Mechanics says it's knackered.

Jamie M

Unregistered

24 Apr 2018, 1:49 pm #260
(24 Apr 2018, 11:08 am)BusLoverMum 6304 in receipt of tlc at ES. Mechanics says it's knackered.
Must've been engineer talk, it's back on the road again!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
24 Apr 2018, 1:49 pm #260

(24 Apr 2018, 11:08 am)BusLoverMum 6304 in receipt of tlc at ES. Mechanics says it's knackered.
Must've been engineer talk, it's back on the road again!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pages (15) Previous 112 13 14 15 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average