Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2018

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (15) Previous 16 7 815 Next
BusLoverMum

10 Apr 2018, 6:26 am #121
(10 Apr 2018, 12:43 am)OrangeArrow49 Thanks for the quick reply.

Following the recent bus fire at Jarrow Bus Station are the Citaros staying in service? Passengers could be concerned there is a serious issue and it could happen again. Not the first Citaro on fire.

Without checking figures, gne must have at least 50 mercs. What on earth would they replace them with if they withdrew them just like that with no concrete basis?
BusLoverMum
10 Apr 2018, 6:26 am #121

Following the recent bus fire at Jarrow Bus Station are the Citaros staying in service? Passengers could be concerned there is a serious issue and it could happen again. Not the first Citaro on fire.

Without checking figures, gne must have at least 50 mercs. What on earth would they replace them with if they withdrew them just like that with no concrete basis?

Michael

10 Apr 2018, 6:30 am #122

Sure its only the 2nd one at Go North East, the last one was a minor fire, although i can't remember which one it was.

(10 Apr 2018, 12:37 am)Ds1197 Most of the younger ones are still in service and are allocated to the 35, 38 and H1 at Deptford at Chester-le-Street 13, 14, X22 and X25 Riverside 93/94 and 97/97A

Just to add, the ones on the Black Cat, Loop and Green Arrow or any other Scania's with Euro 5 engines, have to remain at there current depots until June 2019 becauae of the mods they received to upgrade them to Euro 5.
Edited 10 Apr 2018, 6:33 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Apr 2018, 6:30 am #122

Sure its only the 2nd one at Go North East, the last one was a minor fire, although i can't remember which one it was.

(10 Apr 2018, 12:37 am)Ds1197 Most of the younger ones are still in service and are allocated to the 35, 38 and H1 at Deptford at Chester-le-Street 13, 14, X22 and X25 Riverside 93/94 and 97/97A

Just to add, the ones on the Black Cat, Loop and Green Arrow or any other Scania's with Euro 5 engines, have to remain at there current depots until June 2019 becauae of the mods they received to upgrade them to Euro 5.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

10 Apr 2018, 9:12 am #123

You could say the same about the Versa, Omnicity, Omnidecka and Scania that have also caught fire in the last year. They wouldn't really have a fleet if every vehicle type was withdrawn because of a fire. Im sure a full investigation will be carried out into each fire and the other vehicles of the same type will be inspected should they need to be if there is a risk to them.
Dans_bus_photos
10 Apr 2018, 9:12 am #123

You could say the same about the Versa, Omnicity, Omnidecka and Scania that have also caught fire in the last year. They wouldn't really have a fleet if every vehicle type was withdrawn because of a fire. Im sure a full investigation will be carried out into each fire and the other vehicles of the same type will be inspected should they need to be if there is a risk to them.

10 Apr 2018, 9:54 am #124
(10 Apr 2018, 12:43 am)OrangeArrow49 Following the recent bus fire at Jarrow Bus Station are the Citaros staying in service? Passengers could be concerned there is a serious issue and it could happen again. Not the first Citaro on fire.

After any fire incident you would expect that if there is an identifiable fault it would be steadily checked on like for like vehicles. My thoughts on hearing of the fire were to do with to the new fan and exhaust mods the Mercs have received. It was noted yesterday that allocations of Mercs was a bit mixed, so whatever the possible cause(s), perhaps they were being checked. You would expect the company to have a vigorous approach to such incidents, especially when stuff like this finds it difficult to avoid the Press.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
10 Apr 2018, 9:54 am #124

(10 Apr 2018, 12:43 am)OrangeArrow49 Following the recent bus fire at Jarrow Bus Station are the Citaros staying in service? Passengers could be concerned there is a serious issue and it could happen again. Not the first Citaro on fire.

After any fire incident you would expect that if there is an identifiable fault it would be steadily checked on like for like vehicles. My thoughts on hearing of the fire were to do with to the new fan and exhaust mods the Mercs have received. It was noted yesterday that allocations of Mercs was a bit mixed, so whatever the possible cause(s), perhaps they were being checked. You would expect the company to have a vigorous approach to such incidents, especially when stuff like this finds it difficult to avoid the Press.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Ds1197

10 Apr 2018, 10:05 am #125
(10 Apr 2018, 9:54 am)RBZ 5459 After any fire incident you would expect that if there is an identifiable fault it would be steadily checked on like for like vehicles. My thoughts on hearing of the fire were to do with to the new fan and exhaust mods the Mercs have received. It was noted yesterday that allocations of Mercs was a bit mixed, so whatever the possible cause(s), perhaps they were being checked. You would expect the company to have a vigorous approach to such incidents, especially when stuff like this finds it difficult to avoid the Press.

Saturday's fire might be the reason there was just random deckers on Merc routes yesterday I saw 2 Wright Gemmi 2 working 26/27 and a Vyking on the 57
Ds1197
10 Apr 2018, 10:05 am #125

(10 Apr 2018, 9:54 am)RBZ 5459 After any fire incident you would expect that if there is an identifiable fault it would be steadily checked on like for like vehicles. My thoughts on hearing of the fire were to do with to the new fan and exhaust mods the Mercs have received. It was noted yesterday that allocations of Mercs was a bit mixed, so whatever the possible cause(s), perhaps they were being checked. You would expect the company to have a vigorous approach to such incidents, especially when stuff like this finds it difficult to avoid the Press.

Saturday's fire might be the reason there was just random deckers on Merc routes yesterday I saw 2 Wright Gemmi 2 working 26/27 and a Vyking on the 57

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Apr 2018, 1:05 pm #126

I've kept very quiet about this over the past few days, but all I'll say on the matter is that it's pointless enthusiasts speculating on the causes of these fires or pointing fingers at specific departments in the company (which I've seen quite a bit of on Social Media recently). This will achieve nothing - it's probably best left to the professionals to investigate and put measures in place to avoid a repeat occurrence, while being thankful that nobody has been hurt in these incidents to date. A fire incident is treated very seriously, not only by the bus operator, but by the traffic commissioner too.
Dan
10 Apr 2018, 1:05 pm #126

I've kept very quiet about this over the past few days, but all I'll say on the matter is that it's pointless enthusiasts speculating on the causes of these fires or pointing fingers at specific departments in the company (which I've seen quite a bit of on Social Media recently). This will achieve nothing - it's probably best left to the professionals to investigate and put measures in place to avoid a repeat occurrence, while being thankful that nobody has been hurt in these incidents to date. A fire incident is treated very seriously, not only by the bus operator, but by the traffic commissioner too.

Michael

10 Apr 2018, 5:36 pm #127
Anyone been on the Yutong Demonstrator yet?, if so is it any good?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Apr 2018, 5:36 pm #127

Anyone been on the Yutong Demonstrator yet?, if so is it any good?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S830OFT

10 Apr 2018, 5:43 pm #128
(10 Apr 2018, 5:36 pm)Michael Anyone been on the Yutong Demonstrator yet?, if so is it any good?

I have it's very modern, the seats are comfy. Some passengers told the driver when they first saw it they thought it was a coach.

S830OFT
10 Apr 2018, 5:43 pm #128

(10 Apr 2018, 5:36 pm)Michael Anyone been on the Yutong Demonstrator yet?, if so is it any good?

I have it's very modern, the seats are comfy. Some passengers told the driver when they first saw it they thought it was a coach.

10 Apr 2018, 7:35 pm #129

(10 Apr 2018, 5:43 pm)S830OFT I have it's very modern, the seats are comfy. Some passengers told the driver when they first saw it they thought it was a coach.

On Saturday, the Next Stop displays were cheerfully providing details of a number of destinations in the Birmingham area ....

But yes, I thought it was quite a comfortable machine Wink
Ianthegoon
10 Apr 2018, 7:35 pm #129

(10 Apr 2018, 5:43 pm)S830OFT I have it's very modern, the seats are comfy. Some passengers told the driver when they first saw it they thought it was a coach.

On Saturday, the Next Stop displays were cheerfully providing details of a number of destinations in the Birmingham area ....

But yes, I thought it was quite a comfortable machine Wink

Michael

10 Apr 2018, 7:53 pm #130
Thanks, will have to try and have a ride before it leaves

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Apr 2018, 7:53 pm #130

Thanks, will have to try and have a ride before it leaves

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

makem1

10 Apr 2018, 7:59 pm #131
(10 Apr 2018, 1:05 pm)Dan I've kept very quiet about this over the past few days, but all I'll say on the matter is that it's pointless enthusiasts speculating on the causes of these fires or pointing fingers at specific departments in the company (which I've seen quite a bit of on Social Media recently). This will achieve nothing - it's probably best left to the professionals to investigate and put measures in place to avoid a repeat occurrence, while being thankful that nobody has been hurt in these incidents to date. A fire incident is treated very seriously, not only by the bus operator, but by the traffic commissioner too.

With the kids being off school there could be reasons well outside Go-aheads control
makem1
10 Apr 2018, 7:59 pm #131

(10 Apr 2018, 1:05 pm)Dan I've kept very quiet about this over the past few days, but all I'll say on the matter is that it's pointless enthusiasts speculating on the causes of these fires or pointing fingers at specific departments in the company (which I've seen quite a bit of on Social Media recently). This will achieve nothing - it's probably best left to the professionals to investigate and put measures in place to avoid a repeat occurrence, while being thankful that nobody has been hurt in these incidents to date. A fire incident is treated very seriously, not only by the bus operator, but by the traffic commissioner too.

With the kids being off school there could be reasons well outside Go-aheads control

JM03

10 Apr 2018, 8:27 pm #132
(10 Apr 2018, 7:53 pm)Michael Thanks, will have to try and have a ride before it leaves
How long is it here for and will it be allocated to any other routes in its time here?
JM03
10 Apr 2018, 8:27 pm #132

(10 Apr 2018, 7:53 pm)Michael Thanks, will have to try and have a ride before it leaves
How long is it here for and will it be allocated to any other routes in its time here?

mb134

10 Apr 2018, 8:32 pm #133
(10 Apr 2018, 7:59 pm)makem1 With the kids being off school there could be reasons well outside Go-aheads control

Because kids just love setting buses on fire in their holidays don't they.
mb134
10 Apr 2018, 8:32 pm #133

(10 Apr 2018, 7:59 pm)makem1 With the kids being off school there could be reasons well outside Go-aheads control

Because kids just love setting buses on fire in their holidays don't they.

11 Apr 2018, 9:33 am #134
On 6081 to Newcastle and the NSA’s have been activated

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Edited 11 Apr 2018, 9:33 am by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
11 Apr 2018, 9:33 am #134

On 6081 to Newcastle and the NSA’s have been activated

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Apr 2018, 10:19 am #135
(11 Apr 2018, 9:33 am)TEN 6083 On 6081 to Newcastle and the NSA’s have been activated

The Next Stop Announcements were enabled on the Tyne Valley Ten and Citylink around a month ago, in line with the service changes which took place last month. They were also changed on the Coaster buses, for the new route around Gateshead, and changed on the Red Arrows/Connections4 buses, to remove traces of simplygo.com and to include new graphics. They were also enabled for the first time on the Tynedale Links 680 and Tynedale Express X84/X85 - the announcements will also work on the X84/X85 if a Volvo B9 is allocated.

A handful of buses, mainly those on the Tyne Valley Ten, would not take the load. These have problematic units which require repair from Hanover.
Dan
11 Apr 2018, 10:19 am #135

(11 Apr 2018, 9:33 am)TEN 6083 On 6081 to Newcastle and the NSA’s have been activated

The Next Stop Announcements were enabled on the Tyne Valley Ten and Citylink around a month ago, in line with the service changes which took place last month. They were also changed on the Coaster buses, for the new route around Gateshead, and changed on the Red Arrows/Connections4 buses, to remove traces of simplygo.com and to include new graphics. They were also enabled for the first time on the Tynedale Links 680 and Tynedale Express X84/X85 - the announcements will also work on the X84/X85 if a Volvo B9 is allocated.

A handful of buses, mainly those on the Tyne Valley Ten, would not take the load. These have problematic units which require repair from Hanover.

11 Apr 2018, 11:53 am #136
(11 Apr 2018, 10:19 am)Dan The Next Stop Announcements were enabled on the Tyne Valley Ten and Citylink around a month ago, in line with the service changes which took place last month. They were also changed on the Coaster buses, for the new route around Gateshead, and changed on the Red Arrows/Connections4 buses, to remove traces of simplygo.com and to include new graphics. They were also enabled for the first time on the Tynedale Links 680 and Tynedale Express X84/X85 - the announcements will also work on the X84/X85 if a Volvo B9 is allocated.

Yeah I’ve noticed that as 6078 has them and 6082 doesn’t

TEN 6083
11 Apr 2018, 11:53 am #136

(11 Apr 2018, 10:19 am)Dan The Next Stop Announcements were enabled on the Tyne Valley Ten and Citylink around a month ago, in line with the service changes which took place last month. They were also changed on the Coaster buses, for the new route around Gateshead, and changed on the Red Arrows/Connections4 buses, to remove traces of simplygo.com and to include new graphics. They were also enabled for the first time on the Tynedale Links 680 and Tynedale Express X84/X85 - the announcements will also work on the X84/X85 if a Volvo B9 is allocated.

Yeah I’ve noticed that as 6078 has them and 6082 doesn’t

Acky81

11 Apr 2018, 1:43 pm #137
Has the 2A changed it’s route to serve ryhope village instead of hollycarrside? Just saw this at McDonald’s
Acky81
11 Apr 2018, 1:43 pm #137

Has the 2A changed it’s route to serve ryhope village instead of hollycarrside? Just saw this at McDonald’s

11 Apr 2018, 1:53 pm #138
I got the Coaster 1 to Wallsend today. Good to see it has next stop announcements now. A mix of double and single deck buses on the 1 today. I was on 6065. I was pleased I got a proper Coaster livery bus. It was a nice ride actually. Omnidekkas were on the 11.

I got the Stagecoach 22 back as that is cheaper for me than getting the 1 back. I paid £6.50 in bus fares today.
OrangeArrow49
11 Apr 2018, 1:53 pm #138

I got the Coaster 1 to Wallsend today. Good to see it has next stop announcements now. A mix of double and single deck buses on the 1 today. I was on 6065. I was pleased I got a proper Coaster livery bus. It was a nice ride actually. Omnidekkas were on the 11.

I got the Stagecoach 22 back as that is cheaper for me than getting the 1 back. I paid £6.50 in bus fares today.

11 Apr 2018, 2:16 pm #139
Is there any reason why the NSAs have started playing up? On 5304 on X85 now and it starts saying the ‘Sit back and relax’ message only for it to cut off after a few seconds then repeat it fully a second time round. 6309 yesterday on the X10 was doing the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tugzrule
11 Apr 2018, 2:16 pm #139

Is there any reason why the NSAs have started playing up? On 5304 on X85 now and it starts saying the ‘Sit back and relax’ message only for it to cut off after a few seconds then repeat it fully a second time round. 6309 yesterday on the X10 was doing the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 Apr 2018, 2:33 pm #140
(11 Apr 2018, 1:43 pm)Acky81 Has the 2A changed it’s route to serve ryhope village instead of hollycarrside? Just saw this at McDonald’s

Unless there's been a diversion due to an accident, the driver probably thought she/he was driving the 39. Been there done that.
deanmachine
11 Apr 2018, 2:33 pm #140

(11 Apr 2018, 1:43 pm)Acky81 Has the 2A changed it’s route to serve ryhope village instead of hollycarrside? Just saw this at McDonald’s

Unless there's been a diversion due to an accident, the driver probably thought she/he was driving the 39. Been there done that.

Pages (15) Previous 16 7 815 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average