Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events North East Bus & Coach Show 2018

North East Bus & Coach Show 2018

North East Bus & Coach Show 2018

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
06 May 2018, 6:45 pm #21
Although I didn't attend the rally itself, I did photo most of the vehicles arriving, they can be found here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic

Also Rayners livery is actually the coach's previous livery from when it was with Damory Coaches.

(Watch me as I kill another rally thread dead)
Edited 06 May 2018, 6:47 pm by Rapidsnap.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
06 May 2018, 6:45 pm #21

Although I didn't attend the rally itself, I did photo most of the vehicles arriving, they can be found here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic

Also Rayners livery is actually the coach's previous livery from when it was with Damory Coaches.

(Watch me as I kill another rally thread dead)

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Adrian

06 May 2018, 7:42 pm #22
(06 May 2018, 4:26 pm)Pulsar [Image: 40125838450_d34a95be34_k.jpg]Preserved United GHN189 by Pulsar Photos, on Flickr

I spot a wild Jimmi!  Tongue

(06 May 2018, 5:10 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Excellent turn out from GNE and decent range of older stuff.  I know Arriva rarely support any of the rallies but seemed unusual to see nothing from Stagecoach – do they normal turn up to this one?

Also, anyone know why 111 is never seen alongside 268 & 838?  Even though all three were present today, 111 was tucked up at the other end of the display to the other pair basking in the sun.  A real shame they don’t line the three of them up together.

- duly corrected

Stagecoach haven't supported this one for as long as I can remember? I think the only Tyne and Wear event they tend to bother with is Seaburn.

Agreed. I am sure if somebody mentioned it to the owners, they might make it happen for a photo. Smile

(06 May 2018, 6:30 pm)MurdnunoC I also thought there were fewer people in attendance than in previous years. I don't know whether I agree the event was better organised, I certainly witnessed one incident which could have been better handled where one preservationist appeared to throw a childlike tantrum because he was asked to park somewhere else, but it also seemed there were fewer vehicles present than last year which may have made the area less clustered. Sometimes, I can stay at rallies from beginning to end and the time flies but I was bored after about an hour and left soon after. While I appreciate the time and effort that goes into planning bus rallies, I found this one to be a disappointment - it's just the same old, same old. 

At least it was a nice sunny day though!

Its a shame that there is always one arsehole to spoil the mood for everyone else. As much as I see people twisting about kids running around, I do find there to be just as many so-called adults that are just as bad. Usually the type that'll sit on their bus all day with their doors closed, rather than attempting to engage people who are there and interested in the bus.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
06 May 2018, 7:42 pm #22

(06 May 2018, 4:26 pm)Pulsar [Image: 40125838450_d34a95be34_k.jpg]Preserved United GHN189 by Pulsar Photos, on Flickr

I spot a wild Jimmi!  Tongue

(06 May 2018, 5:10 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Excellent turn out from GNE and decent range of older stuff.  I know Arriva rarely support any of the rallies but seemed unusual to see nothing from Stagecoach – do they normal turn up to this one?

Also, anyone know why 111 is never seen alongside 268 & 838?  Even though all three were present today, 111 was tucked up at the other end of the display to the other pair basking in the sun.  A real shame they don’t line the three of them up together.

- duly corrected

Stagecoach haven't supported this one for as long as I can remember? I think the only Tyne and Wear event they tend to bother with is Seaburn.

Agreed. I am sure if somebody mentioned it to the owners, they might make it happen for a photo. Smile

(06 May 2018, 6:30 pm)MurdnunoC I also thought there were fewer people in attendance than in previous years. I don't know whether I agree the event was better organised, I certainly witnessed one incident which could have been better handled where one preservationist appeared to throw a childlike tantrum because he was asked to park somewhere else, but it also seemed there were fewer vehicles present than last year which may have made the area less clustered. Sometimes, I can stay at rallies from beginning to end and the time flies but I was bored after about an hour and left soon after. While I appreciate the time and effort that goes into planning bus rallies, I found this one to be a disappointment - it's just the same old, same old. 

At least it was a nice sunny day though!

Its a shame that there is always one arsehole to spoil the mood for everyone else. As much as I see people twisting about kids running around, I do find there to be just as many so-called adults that are just as bad. Usually the type that'll sit on their bus all day with their doors closed, rather than attempting to engage people who are there and interested in the bus.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Ds1197

06 May 2018, 8:41 pm #23
Some of my photos from today https://www.flickr.com/photos/144994770@N07/
Ds1197
06 May 2018, 8:41 pm #23

Some of my photos from today https://www.flickr.com/photos/144994770@N07/

BusLoverMum

06 May 2018, 9:38 pm #24
I took the boys down for a bit, though the sun was too strong for us to stay there very long. Bigun got lots of photos and we probably ruined a fair few pics taken buy guys with big, serious cameras.

Bigun almost did a jimmi before I persuaded him to get out of the way of the bus because it was driving towards him!
BusLoverMum
06 May 2018, 9:38 pm #24

I took the boys down for a bit, though the sun was too strong for us to stay there very long. Bigun got lots of photos and we probably ruined a fair few pics taken buy guys with big, serious cameras.

Bigun almost did a jimmi before I persuaded him to get out of the way of the bus because it was driving towards him!

Multi21

07 May 2018, 10:49 am #25

- duly corrected

Metrocentre, Seaburn THEY SPONSOR THE DURHAM RALLY!, Teesside running day! 

Are you kidding?
Multi21
07 May 2018, 10:49 am #25

- duly corrected

Metrocentre, Seaburn THEY SPONSOR THE DURHAM RALLY!, Teesside running day! 

Are you kidding?

Jimmi

07 May 2018, 12:38 pm #26
(07 May 2018, 10:49 am)Multi21 Metrocentre, Seaburn THEY SPONSOR THE DURHAM RALLY!, Teesside running day! 

Are you kidding?
Shildon as well (although Arriva were absent from the Howlands rally for some reason last year).

Stagecoach normally only seem to attend the Teesside Running Day although I believe they made an appearance at Seaburn last year.

In the last four years at least, this year's Teesside Running Day was the first time I saw all of the big 3 attend the same rally.
Edited 07 May 2018, 12:40 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
07 May 2018, 12:38 pm #26

(07 May 2018, 10:49 am)Multi21 Metrocentre, Seaburn THEY SPONSOR THE DURHAM RALLY!, Teesside running day! 

Are you kidding?
Shildon as well (although Arriva were absent from the Howlands rally for some reason last year).

Stagecoach normally only seem to attend the Teesside Running Day although I believe they made an appearance at Seaburn last year.

In the last four years at least, this year's Teesside Running Day was the first time I saw all of the big 3 attend the same rally.

Multi21

07 May 2018, 1:14 pm #27
(07 May 2018, 12:38 pm)Jimmi Shildon as well (although Arriva were absent from the Howlands rally for some reason last year).

The reason for arrivas absence this year was because the vast majority the drivers that usually bring arrivas presence were also absent due to work commitments!

Last year it was health and safety. This year it was more the fact no one asked because they were working! See you at Durham hopefully!
Multi21
07 May 2018, 1:14 pm #27

(07 May 2018, 12:38 pm)Jimmi Shildon as well (although Arriva were absent from the Howlands rally for some reason last year).

The reason for arrivas absence this year was because the vast majority the drivers that usually bring arrivas presence were also absent due to work commitments!

Last year it was health and safety. This year it was more the fact no one asked because they were working! See you at Durham hopefully!

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average