Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2018

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2018

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2018

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4
28 Jun 2018, 11:47 am #61
(28 Jun 2018, 9:22 am)Pulsar 7629 also now refurbished and with full new livery including route branding.

[Image: 29189495788_c813fa816f_k.jpg]REFURBISHED Arriva North East 7629 / YJ61 OAZ by Pulsar Photos, on Flickr

(28 Jun 2018, 9:36 am)S813 FVK Featuring a slight spelling error on the rear.

Facepalm.

The Arriva Brand Guidelines are so easy to follow, yet the North East marketing team feel the need to edit it to the point where every application is different. 

The only things that should be on the front is the logo and "up to every 15 minutes" within the purple vinyl, with the rear having the logo and on-board features on the engine cover only.

Not to mention the awful application of the swoops and vinyls which should be there. 

Consistency is out of the window.
omnicity4659
28 Jun 2018, 11:47 am #61

(28 Jun 2018, 9:22 am)Pulsar 7629 also now refurbished and with full new livery including route branding.

[Image: 29189495788_c813fa816f_k.jpg]REFURBISHED Arriva North East 7629 / YJ61 OAZ by Pulsar Photos, on Flickr

(28 Jun 2018, 9:36 am)S813 FVK Featuring a slight spelling error on the rear.

Facepalm.

The Arriva Brand Guidelines are so easy to follow, yet the North East marketing team feel the need to edit it to the point where every application is different. 

The only things that should be on the front is the logo and "up to every 15 minutes" within the purple vinyl, with the rear having the logo and on-board features on the engine cover only.

Not to mention the awful application of the swoops and vinyls which should be there. 

V514DFT

28 Jun 2018, 12:26 pm #62
(28 Jun 2018, 11:47 am)omnicity4659 Facepalm.

I think this livery is the most boring livery ive seen in 25 years of being alive,truely awful

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
28 Jun 2018, 12:26 pm #62

(28 Jun 2018, 11:47 am)omnicity4659 Facepalm.

I think this livery is the most boring livery ive seen in 25 years of being alive,truely awful

Kind Regards
Tez

S813 FVK

28 Jun 2018, 1:32 pm #63
I was supportive of the new fleet scheme as I thought it would bring about a good level of consistency. Clearly I was wrong.

Perhaps they should take a leaf out of Stagecoach's book (or even one of the independents such as JH Coaches), they seem to be the leaders to me when it comes to consistency.
S813 FVK
28 Jun 2018, 1:32 pm #63

I was supportive of the new fleet scheme as I thought it would bring about a good level of consistency. Clearly I was wrong.

Perhaps they should take a leaf out of Stagecoach's book (or even one of the independents such as JH Coaches), they seem to be the leaders to me when it comes to consistency.

Andreos1

28 Jun 2018, 1:43 pm #64
(28 Jun 2018, 11:40 am)S830OFT Can Temsas run on the 95 past Sleights?

If I remember right, there are a few bridges on the route beyond Sleights for the Esk Valley Line.
Haven't noticed the height restrictions unfortunately and to be honest, wouldn't know the height differences between the current allocations and a Temsa Avenue.

However, a quick check on google maps of the bridge at Egton (outside a favourite pub of mine), reveals that is 12' 9". More than enough clearance for a Solo. No idea about the Temsa though, but I would imagine it would fit under that one.

Regardless of bridges, I reckon the question marks would be around vehicle length, suitability for the winding roads and whether or not the engine could pull up the hills.
It is a 'town' bus afterall.

On another note, if anyone can work out how to do the pubs along the Esk Valley line from Lealholme or further inland, out towards the coast (finishing in Whitby) and tie it in with train and/or bus and maybe a little of shanks pony, feel free to drop me a line.
My head is battered.
Edited 28 Jun 2018, 1:44 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
28 Jun 2018, 1:43 pm #64

(28 Jun 2018, 11:40 am)S830OFT Can Temsas run on the 95 past Sleights?

If I remember right, there are a few bridges on the route beyond Sleights for the Esk Valley Line.
Haven't noticed the height restrictions unfortunately and to be honest, wouldn't know the height differences between the current allocations and a Temsa Avenue.

However, a quick check on google maps of the bridge at Egton (outside a favourite pub of mine), reveals that is 12' 9". More than enough clearance for a Solo. No idea about the Temsa though, but I would imagine it would fit under that one.

Regardless of bridges, I reckon the question marks would be around vehicle length, suitability for the winding roads and whether or not the engine could pull up the hills.

On another note, if anyone can work out how to do the pubs along the Esk Valley line from Lealholme or further inland, out towards the coast (finishing in Whitby) and tie it in with train and/or bus and maybe a little of shanks pony, feel free to drop me a line.
My head is battered.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

mb134

28 Jun 2018, 1:54 pm #65
(28 Jun 2018, 12:26 pm)V514DFT I think this livery is the most boring livery ive seen in 25 years of being alive,truely awful

Personally, I think the new livery is smart and professional. Bright colours, which are more eye catching than the previous standard livery, clear information regarding fares and frequency, while keeping everything relatively simple. 

To say its the most boring livery you've seen is slight exaggeration in my opinion. I'm sure there are more examples, but off the top of my head these were both far more bland. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/williamson...pPC-nVS1dT

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrah...fhh-acYqZS
mb134
28 Jun 2018, 1:54 pm #65

(28 Jun 2018, 12:26 pm)V514DFT I think this livery is the most boring livery ive seen in 25 years of being alive,truely awful

Personally, I think the new livery is smart and professional. Bright colours, which are more eye catching than the previous standard livery, clear information regarding fares and frequency, while keeping everything relatively simple. 

To say its the most boring livery you've seen is slight exaggeration in my opinion. I'm sure there are more examples, but off the top of my head these were both far more bland. 

28 Jun 2018, 2:52 pm #66
(28 Jun 2018, 1:43 pm)Andreos1 If I remember right, there are a few bridges on the route beyond Sleights for the Esk Valley Line.

My head is battered.
In places the road is barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass. Add to that windy up and down roads. A full length bus would struggle on that route. Then it has to turn around at Lealholmside- halfway up the bank.
Michael Euston
28 Jun 2018, 2:52 pm #66

(28 Jun 2018, 1:43 pm)Andreos1 If I remember right, there are a few bridges on the route beyond Sleights for the Esk Valley Line.

My head is battered.
In places the road is barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass. Add to that windy up and down roads. A full length bus would struggle on that route. Then it has to turn around at Lealholmside- halfway up the bank.

Cock Robin

28 Jun 2018, 4:27 pm #67

Yes I agree. Would have been better off making the new training bus livery the fleet livery.

(28 Jun 2018, 1:54 pm)mb134 Personally, I think the new livery is smart and professional. Bright colours, which are more eye catching than the previous standard livery, clear information regarding fares and frequency, while keeping everything relatively simple. 

Clear?!

(28 Jun 2018, 2:52 pm)Michael Euston In places the road is barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass. Add to that windy up and down roads. A full length bus would struggle on that route. Then it has to turn around at Lealholmside- halfway up the bank.

Yes, I certainly couldn't see a Temsa managing it.
Edited 28 Jun 2018, 4:31 pm by Cock Robin.
Cock Robin
28 Jun 2018, 4:27 pm #67

Yes I agree. Would have been better off making the new training bus livery the fleet livery.

(28 Jun 2018, 1:54 pm)mb134 Personally, I think the new livery is smart and professional. Bright colours, which are more eye catching than the previous standard livery, clear information regarding fares and frequency, while keeping everything relatively simple. 

Clear?!

(28 Jun 2018, 2:52 pm)Michael Euston In places the road is barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass. Add to that windy up and down roads. A full length bus would struggle on that route. Then it has to turn around at Lealholmside- halfway up the bank.

Yes, I certainly couldn't see a Temsa managing it.

mb134

28 Jun 2018, 5:41 pm #68
(28 Jun 2018, 4:27 pm)Cock Robin Clear?!

How much clearer can they make it?

Fare information in a bright pink bubble, frequency white on black text.
mb134
28 Jun 2018, 5:41 pm #68

(28 Jun 2018, 4:27 pm)Cock Robin Clear?!

How much clearer can they make it?

Fare information in a bright pink bubble, frequency white on black text.

Jimmi

30 Jun 2018, 7:16 am #69
Arriva are now offering guided tours on selected X18 journeys between now and November on the Berwick - Amble section of the route: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/L...72bb717f97
Jimmi
30 Jun 2018, 7:16 am #69

Arriva are now offering guided tours on selected X18 journeys between now and November on the Berwick - Amble section of the route: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/L...72bb717f97

30 Jun 2018, 10:39 am #70
7634 now has full Arriva branding.
omnicity4659
30 Jun 2018, 10:39 am #70

7634 now has full Arriva branding.

Kuyoyo

30 Jun 2018, 11:10 am #71
7490 is one of at least 4 Jesmond deckers on-loan to Durham today for the enchanced X46 (every 10 minutes rather than every 20)
Kuyoyo
30 Jun 2018, 11:10 am #71

7490 is one of at least 4 Jesmond deckers on-loan to Durham today for the enchanced X46 (every 10 minutes rather than every 20)

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average