Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Durham event.

Durham event.

Durham event.

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

16 Jun 2018, 6:41 pm #1
Bit late in the day but there is a wide variety of buses going to the NEBPT Durham event tomorrow. 4 Leyland Nationals will be attending. The NNRG will be taking FTN 710W. 4710 will be doing 2 trips on the shuttle bus service to and from Durham. Jonothan Ruddick's FTN 708W will be on static display. Yesterbus Preservation's YFY 4M and CKB 166X will be on the shuttle service and then static display.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.
Craig Smith
16 Jun 2018, 6:41 pm #1

Bit late in the day but there is a wide variety of buses going to the NEBPT Durham event tomorrow. 4 Leyland Nationals will be attending. The NNRG will be taking FTN 710W. 4710 will be doing 2 trips on the shuttle bus service to and from Durham. Jonothan Ruddick's FTN 708W will be on static display. Yesterbus Preservation's YFY 4M and CKB 166X will be on the shuttle service and then static display.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.

BusLoverMum

17 Jun 2018, 7:35 am #2
We'll probably saunter along, later. What time do the shuttles start?
BusLoverMum
17 Jun 2018, 7:35 am #2

We'll probably saunter along, later. What time do the shuttles start?

17 Jun 2018, 3:19 pm #3
Uploaded photos from today’s Rally plus a few others on my Flickr account.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ten6083/shares/J4FsNV

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
17 Jun 2018, 3:19 pm #3

Uploaded photos from today’s Rally plus a few others on my Flickr account.

BusLoverMum

17 Jun 2018, 5:02 pm #4
(17 Jun 2018, 3:19 pm)TEN 6083 Uploaded photos from today’s Rally plus a few others on my Flickr account.

You've probably captured the first photo of bigun this year.
BusLoverMum
17 Jun 2018, 5:02 pm #4

(17 Jun 2018, 3:19 pm)TEN 6083 Uploaded photos from today’s Rally plus a few others on my Flickr account.

You've probably captured the first photo of bigun this year.

Andreos1

17 Jun 2018, 10:01 pm #5
The plan was to get down and have a mooch.
Too many beers and a late night put a stop to that.
I did head in to Durham later in the afternoon, but seeing the yellow Olympian heading past Belmont P&R was enough to tell me that things must have been coming to a head.

I like the look of the United VR and that United Lance/Sigma looks as though it could be the part too.
Always good to see different things from the past make an appearance.

Does anyone know what the plans for the yellow Olympian are? RYB?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
17 Jun 2018, 10:01 pm #5

The plan was to get down and have a mooch.
I did head in to Durham later in the afternoon, but seeing the yellow Olympian heading past Belmont P&R was enough to tell me that things must have been coming to a head.

I like the look of the United VR and that United Lance/Sigma looks as though it could be the part too.

18 Jun 2018, 9:24 am #6
(17 Jun 2018, 10:01 pm)Andreos1 The plan was to get down and have a mooch.

Yes, it is to be restored to its Go Coastline livery.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
18 Jun 2018, 9:24 am #6

(17 Jun 2018, 10:01 pm)Andreos1 The plan was to get down and have a mooch.

Yes, it is to be restored to its Go Coastline livery.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Andreos1

19 Jun 2018, 11:42 am #7
(18 Jun 2018, 9:24 am)RBZ 5459 Yes, it is to be restored to its Go Coastline livery.

Cheers.
RYB was never my favourite, but makes sense it is going to be in that livery.

Andreos1
19 Jun 2018, 11:42 am #7

(18 Jun 2018, 9:24 am)RBZ 5459 Yes, it is to be restored to its Go Coastline livery.

Cheers.
RYB was never my favourite, but makes sense it is going to be in that livery.

08 May 2019, 2:37 pm #8
I know this thread is for last year's event, but will there be parking for cars at the rally?

I know it's a park and ride but still Tongue
omnicity4659
08 May 2019, 2:37 pm #8

I know this thread is for last year's event, but will there be parking for cars at the rally?

BusLoverMum

08 May 2019, 3:56 pm #9
(08 May 2019, 2:37 pm)omnicity4659 I know this thread is for last year's event, but will there be parking for cars at the rally?

There's usually an area set aside.
BusLoverMum
08 May 2019, 3:56 pm #9

(08 May 2019, 2:37 pm)omnicity4659 I know this thread is for last year's event, but will there be parking for cars at the rally?

There's usually an area set aside.

09 May 2019, 1:12 pm #10
(08 May 2019, 3:56 pm)BusLoverMum There's usually an area set aside.

Thanks, saves me from a 3 hour bus journey if I can just drive and park in an hour.  Big Grin
omnicity4659
09 May 2019, 1:12 pm #10

(08 May 2019, 3:56 pm)BusLoverMum There's usually an area set aside.

Thanks, saves me from a 3 hour bus journey if I can just drive and park in an hour.  Big Grin

Adrian

09 May 2019, 6:46 pm #11
(09 May 2019, 1:12 pm)omnicity4659 Thanks, saves me from a 3 hour bus journey if I can just drive and park in an hour.  Big Grin

Failing that, on street parking is free in Durham on a Sunday. There are plenty of bays up by North Road where the shuttles start.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 May 2019, 6:46 pm #11

(09 May 2019, 1:12 pm)omnicity4659 Thanks, saves me from a 3 hour bus journey if I can just drive and park in an hour.  Big Grin

Failing that, on street parking is free in Durham on a Sunday. There are plenty of bays up by North Road where the shuttles start.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Charles41

09 May 2019, 6:52 pm #12
I had no problems getting parked at the rally site last year. Plenty of spare spaces.

Charles
Charles41
09 May 2019, 6:52 pm #12

I had no problems getting parked at the rally site last year. Plenty of spare spaces.

Charles

MurdnunoC

12 May 2019, 1:16 pm #13
Given how dreadful this event has been in the past, they'll be one less parking space occupied.
MurdnunoC
12 May 2019, 1:16 pm #13

Given how dreadful this event has been in the past, they'll be one less parking space occupied.

Charles41

12 May 2019, 2:23 pm #14
If the weather is nice like today. I'll probably visit for an hour then take a drive around County Durham and visit some independent operators yards. It's probably fair comment that the Durham rally isn't worth a trip for alone.

Charles
Charles41
12 May 2019, 2:23 pm #14

If the weather is nice like today. I'll probably visit for an hour then take a drive around County Durham and visit some independent operators yards. It's probably fair comment that the Durham rally isn't worth a trip for alone.

Charles

16 Jun 2019, 8:24 am #15
Anyone know what GNE/SC/ANE buses are attending today ?
garrymc05
16 Jun 2019, 8:24 am #15

Anyone know what GNE/SC/ANE buses are attending today ?

16 Jun 2019, 8:10 pm #16

(16 Jun 2019, 8:24 am)garrymc05 Anyone know what GNE/SC/ANE buses are attending today ?

Too late now but nothing from ANE or SNE, with a Little Coaster, Angel, 6186 and 6143 from GNE.  Seemed like a poor turn out for preserved vehicles as well compared to last year, which was disappointing.  I noticed a number of those listed on the NEBPT website were no-shows.  Nice to see 3406 which was unexpectedly there as a static exhibit and 111 which did a turn on the shuttles, despite the ridiculous behaviour of the NEBPT marshall again insisting on 'scheduling' the departure for later in the day once the vehicle was already part-boarded, leading to more than a little frustration as everyone had to get off and wait 3/4 of an hour to keep him happy.  Huge thanks to the owner for still agreeing to do the 'scheduled' run despite the nonsense...

stagecoachbusdepot
16 Jun 2019, 8:10 pm #16

(16 Jun 2019, 8:24 am)garrymc05 Anyone know what GNE/SC/ANE buses are attending today ?

Too late now but nothing from ANE or SNE, with a Little Coaster, Angel, 6186 and 6143 from GNE.  Seemed like a poor turn out for preserved vehicles as well compared to last year, which was disappointing.  I noticed a number of those listed on the NEBPT website were no-shows.  Nice to see 3406 which was unexpectedly there as a static exhibit and 111 which did a turn on the shuttles, despite the ridiculous behaviour of the NEBPT marshall again insisting on 'scheduling' the departure for later in the day once the vehicle was already part-boarded, leading to more than a little frustration as everyone had to get off and wait 3/4 of an hour to keep him happy.  Huge thanks to the owner for still agreeing to do the 'scheduled' run despite the nonsense...

18 Jun 2019, 6:06 am #17
Yes, not many preserved vehicles
garrymc05
18 Jun 2019, 6:06 am #17

Yes, not many preserved vehicles

LeeCalder

19 Jun 2019, 11:37 am #18
(16 Jun 2019, 8:10 pm)stagecoachbusdepot

This is what annoyed me about the Metrocentre event, the scheduling. I made the NEBPT very aware of the behaviour of the marshall at the bus stop but sadly didn't receive any form of acknowledgement or response.
LeeCalder
19 Jun 2019, 11:37 am #18

(16 Jun 2019, 8:10 pm)stagecoachbusdepot

This is what annoyed me about the Metrocentre event, the scheduling. I made the NEBPT very aware of the behaviour of the marshall at the bus stop but sadly didn't receive any form of acknowledgement or response.

Charles41

19 Jun 2019, 6:34 pm #19
I feel there were numerous issues which tarnished the Durham rally. I only stayed about 45 minutes. The number of enthusiasts attending was well down on previous years. At times the rally looked like a bit of a ghost town with acres of unused space. I'm in two minds as to whether I would attend again.

Charles
Charles41
19 Jun 2019, 6:34 pm #19

I feel there were numerous issues which tarnished the Durham rally. I only stayed about 45 minutes. The number of enthusiasts attending was well down on previous years. At times the rally looked like a bit of a ghost town with acres of unused space. I'm in two minds as to whether I would attend again.

Charles

BusLoverMum

23 Jun 2019, 7:23 pm #20

(19 Jun 2019, 6:34 pm)Charles41 I feel there were numerous issues which tarnished the Durham rally. I only stayed about 45 minutes. The number of enthusiasts attending was well down on previous years. At times the rally looked like a bit of a ghost town with acres of unused space. I'm in two minds as to whether I would attend again.

Charles

This is how I feel about the Whitley Bay rally - just not enough there to warrant the faffy journey.

It doesn't feel well enough publicised, either. There's leaflets outside Wilko with information about the new one in Bishop Auckland market place, next month, so locals get to find out about it because lots of people love old vehicles, even if they're not interested in all the ins and outs. I've never seen anything about this for Durham. I have a dear old friend who is a bit of an enthusiast, even used to drive a bus, way back when but knew nothing about it.

BusLoverMum
23 Jun 2019, 7:23 pm #20

(19 Jun 2019, 6:34 pm)Charles41 I feel there were numerous issues which tarnished the Durham rally. I only stayed about 45 minutes. The number of enthusiasts attending was well down on previous years. At times the rally looked like a bit of a ghost town with acres of unused space. I'm in two minds as to whether I would attend again.

Charles

This is how I feel about the Whitley Bay rally - just not enough there to warrant the faffy journey.

It doesn't feel well enough publicised, either. There's leaflets outside Wilko with information about the new one in Bishop Auckland market place, next month, so locals get to find out about it because lots of people love old vehicles, even if they're not interested in all the ins and outs. I've never seen anything about this for Durham. I have a dear old friend who is a bit of an enthusiast, even used to drive a bus, way back when but knew nothing about it.

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average