Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2018

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2018

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2018

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 35 Next
03 Aug 2018, 10:15 pm #21
(03 Aug 2018, 9:51 pm)omnicity4659 That would have been the logical thing to do, but the marketing team (of whom I despise, as many may know) decided to go cheap on upgrading the 43/44/45. Not something you want to do when conveying your premium brand to another set of customers...

If I had my own way, I'd have had everything under the single Arriva brand, have consistency and standard high spec interiors on every bus and market the service for it's quality. The mish-mash of service offered, the marketing and the falling standards in fleet presentation are a recipe for disaster...

Completely agree with all of this.
BeachBoy99
03 Aug 2018, 10:15 pm #21

(03 Aug 2018, 9:51 pm)omnicity4659 That would have been the logical thing to do, but the marketing team (of whom I despise, as many may know) decided to go cheap on upgrading the 43/44/45. Not something you want to do when conveying your premium brand to another set of customers...

If I had my own way, I'd have had everything under the single Arriva brand, have consistency and standard high spec interiors on every bus and market the service for it's quality. The mish-mash of service offered, the marketing and the falling standards in fleet presentation are a recipe for disaster...

Completely agree with all of this.

Jimmi

03 Aug 2018, 10:26 pm #22
If you's think Jesmond's Sapphires look very bad, then you would lose your snack if you see Belmont's Sapphire fleet, vast majority have various bits of logos and branding missing and a fair few have incorrect coloured panels, one of which has dark blue panels around the bonnet and saw one the other day with standard coloured panels down the side.

Some enthusiasts slag off the presentations of independents but some of Arriva's instances like the above can make them look like a cowboy outfit IMO, especially poor on what they are considering to be somewhat of a upmarket service.
Jimmi
03 Aug 2018, 10:26 pm #22

If you's think Jesmond's Sapphires look very bad, then you would lose your snack if you see Belmont's Sapphire fleet, vast majority have various bits of logos and branding missing and a fair few have incorrect coloured panels, one of which has dark blue panels around the bonnet and saw one the other day with standard coloured panels down the side.

Some enthusiasts slag off the presentations of independents but some of Arriva's instances like the above can make them look like a cowboy outfit IMO, especially poor on what they are considering to be somewhat of a upmarket service.

04 Aug 2018, 1:09 am #23
(03 Aug 2018, 10:26 pm)Jimmi If you's think Jesmond's Sapphires look very bad, then you would lose your snack if you see Belmont's Sapphire fleet, vast majority have various bits of logos and branding missing and a fair few have incorrect coloured panels, one of which has dark blue panels around the bonnet and saw one the other day with standard coloured panels down the side.

I close my eyes when I go anywhere near the Belmont fleet...  Undecided
omnicity4659
04 Aug 2018, 1:09 am #23

(03 Aug 2018, 10:26 pm)Jimmi If you's think Jesmond's Sapphires look very bad, then you would lose your snack if you see Belmont's Sapphire fleet, vast majority have various bits of logos and branding missing and a fair few have incorrect coloured panels, one of which has dark blue panels around the bonnet and saw one the other day with standard coloured panels down the side.

I close my eyes when I go anywhere near the Belmont fleet...  Undecided

Pulsar

04 Aug 2018, 6:02 pm #24
Has anybody done the X18 sightseeing tour and is it any good? I have been trying but have failed on 4 attempts as 7529 (with both screen and speakers) as well as 7530 (with speakers only) were not working and 7532 does not have either the screen or speakers installed. I was also on 7517 which does not have the equipment.

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
Pulsar
04 Aug 2018, 6:02 pm #24

Has anybody done the X18 sightseeing tour and is it any good? I have been trying but have failed on 4 attempts as 7529 (with both screen and speakers) as well as 7530 (with speakers only) were not working and 7532 does not have either the screen or speakers installed. I was also on 7517 which does not have the equipment.

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.

Adrian

04 Aug 2018, 7:37 pm #25
Does anyone know what is happening in terms of repaints? Seems to have been very few buses done up here, since the new corporate image was brought in?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
04 Aug 2018, 7:37 pm #25

Does anyone know what is happening in terms of repaints? Seems to have been very few buses done up here, since the new corporate image was brought in?

pbjd

04 Aug 2018, 7:39 pm #26
(04 Aug 2018, 7:37 pm)Adrian Does anyone know what is happening in terms of repaints? Seems to have been very few buses done up here, since the new corporate image was brought in?

They'll be started when another new livery is bought in.
pbjd
04 Aug 2018, 7:39 pm #26

(04 Aug 2018, 7:37 pm)Adrian Does anyone know what is happening in terms of repaints? Seems to have been very few buses done up here, since the new corporate image was brought in?

They'll be started when another new livery is bought in.

04 Aug 2018, 7:57 pm #27

They're being done in small batches, at present the 308 Geminis are being turned over.
omnicity4659
04 Aug 2018, 7:57 pm #27

They're being done in small batches, at present the 308 Geminis are being turned over.

Jimmi

04 Aug 2018, 8:00 pm #28
Apart from a few Solo's, the only ones that have been treated to the new livery so far are buses which have been (or will soon to be) treated to refurbs such as the 308 Gemini's, some Redcar Temsa's and the two Centro's at Stockton. There is also the two ex Yorkshire E200s at Belmont but they got treated before transferring to the North East.
Jimmi
04 Aug 2018, 8:00 pm #28

Apart from a few Solo's, the only ones that have been treated to the new livery so far are buses which have been (or will soon to be) treated to refurbs such as the 308 Gemini's, some Redcar Temsa's and the two Centro's at Stockton. There is also the two ex Yorkshire E200s at Belmont but they got treated before transferring to the North East.

Adrian

04 Aug 2018, 8:43 pm #29
(04 Aug 2018, 8:00 pm)Jimmi Apart from a few Solo's, the only ones that have been treated to the new livery so far are buses which have been (or will soon to be) treated to refurbs such as the 308 Gemini's, some Redcar Temsa's and the two Centro's at Stockton. There is also the two ex Yorkshire E200s at Belmont but they got treated before transferring to the North East.

...which is pretty shocking, given this was launched at least 6 months ago?

I take it they're not even bothering to remove the legacy logos?

Adrian
04 Aug 2018, 8:43 pm #29

(04 Aug 2018, 8:00 pm)Jimmi Apart from a few Solo's, the only ones that have been treated to the new livery so far are buses which have been (or will soon to be) treated to refurbs such as the 308 Gemini's, some Redcar Temsa's and the two Centro's at Stockton. There is also the two ex Yorkshire E200s at Belmont but they got treated before transferring to the North East.

...which is pretty shocking, given this was launched at least 6 months ago?

RobinHood

05 Aug 2018, 6:28 am #30
(04 Aug 2018, 8:43 pm)Adrian ...which is pretty shocking, given this was launched at least 6 months ago?

I dont think that was ever the plan. As far as I know, the brand was refreshed, but there was never a mass repaint/relogo plan. It was all proposed to be done as and when - which could take decades!
RobinHood
05 Aug 2018, 6:28 am #30

(04 Aug 2018, 8:43 pm)Adrian ...which is pretty shocking, given this was launched at least 6 months ago?

I dont think that was ever the plan. As far as I know, the brand was refreshed, but there was never a mass repaint/relogo plan. It was all proposed to be done as and when - which could take decades!

Adrian

05 Aug 2018, 12:13 pm #31
(05 Aug 2018, 6:28 am)RobinHood I dont think that was ever the plan. As far as I know, the brand was refreshed, but there was never a mass repaint/relogo plan. It was all proposed to be done as and when - which could take decades!

Really? Seems a little pointless paying someone to refresh the brand then.

Adrian
05 Aug 2018, 12:13 pm #31

(05 Aug 2018, 6:28 am)RobinHood I dont think that was ever the plan. As far as I know, the brand was refreshed, but there was never a mass repaint/relogo plan. It was all proposed to be done as and when - which could take decades!

Really? Seems a little pointless paying someone to refresh the brand then.

GNE6312

05 Aug 2018, 12:33 pm #32
Does anyone know uf 4512 has been withdrawn yet?
GNE6312
05 Aug 2018, 12:33 pm #32

Does anyone know uf 4512 has been withdrawn yet?

S830OFT

05 Aug 2018, 12:35 pm #33
(05 Aug 2018, 12:33 pm)GNE6312 Does anyone know uf 4512 has been withdrawn yet?

Ages ago.
4523 is only one left now.

S830OFT
05 Aug 2018, 12:35 pm #33

(05 Aug 2018, 12:33 pm)GNE6312 Does anyone know uf 4512 has been withdrawn yet?

Ages ago.

05 Aug 2018, 12:38 pm #34
(05 Aug 2018, 12:13 pm)Adrian Really? Seems a little pointless paying someone to refresh the brand then.

Would you prefer more older vehicles being reinstated to enable larger batches to be sent in for repaint?

They're always repainting buses into the new livery at Thornton's, however cost and fleet availability keeps this down to about two at a time. At present, the Geminis are having additional work done (interiors) so this will lengthen the process.

The new Arriva brand is already rolled out on a huge scale across the UK and Europe, however the North East faces the above issues.
Edited 05 Aug 2018, 12:40 pm by omnicity4659.
omnicity4659
05 Aug 2018, 12:38 pm #34

(05 Aug 2018, 12:13 pm)Adrian Really? Seems a little pointless paying someone to refresh the brand then.

Would you prefer more older vehicles being reinstated to enable larger batches to be sent in for repaint?

They're always repainting buses into the new livery at Thornton's, however cost and fleet availability keeps this down to about two at a time. At present, the Geminis are having additional work done (interiors) so this will lengthen the process.

The new Arriva brand is already rolled out on a huge scale across the UK and Europe, however the North East faces the above issues.

S830OFT

05 Aug 2018, 1:35 pm #35
These are the buses in need of a repaint and refurb at Belmont:
1412, 1413, 2811, 2814, 2818, 2819, 2820.
They've been untouched for atleast 10 years.

S830OFT
05 Aug 2018, 1:35 pm #35

These are the buses in need of a repaint and refurb at Belmont:
1412, 1413, 2811, 2814, 2818, 2819, 2820.
They've been untouched for atleast 10 years.

Andreos1

05 Aug 2018, 2:10 pm #36
(05 Aug 2018, 12:38 pm)omnicity4659 Would you prefer more older vehicles being reinstated to enable larger batches to be sent in for repaint?

Other operators and divisions manage re-paint programmes.
There are ways and means.

The photo GPR has uploaded of the 24 branded decker appearing on the X12 couldn't have been timed better.
That odd coloured front part could have quite easily gone on in the correct scheme.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Aug 2018, 2:10 pm #36

(05 Aug 2018, 12:38 pm)omnicity4659 Would you prefer more older vehicles being reinstated to enable larger batches to be sent in for repaint?

Other operators and divisions manage re-paint programmes.

The photo GPR has uploaded of the 24 branded decker appearing on the X12 couldn't have been timed better.
That odd coloured front part could have quite easily gone on in the correct scheme.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Cock Robin

05 Aug 2018, 2:28 pm #37
(05 Aug 2018, 12:35 pm)S830OFT Ages ago.

4516 is still going.

(05 Aug 2018, 2:10 pm)Andreos1 Other operators and divisions manage re-paint programmes.

Exactly.
Edited 05 Aug 2018, 2:28 pm by Cock Robin.
Cock Robin
05 Aug 2018, 2:28 pm #37

(05 Aug 2018, 12:35 pm)S830OFT Ages ago.

4516 is still going.

(05 Aug 2018, 2:10 pm)Andreos1 Other operators and divisions manage re-paint programmes.

Exactly.

Adrian

05 Aug 2018, 2:32 pm #38

Come on Tom. Don't try and put this on me - I'm not the one making the business decisions here! Smile 

I don't think anybody expects them to repaint the whole fleet in 5 minutes, but an "as and when" basis seems to be poor project management at the very least.

What could be done in 5 minutes (well, perhaps a weekend!), is a remove and replace exercise on the Arriva logos. You'll recall GNE received some criticism for this, but indeed they ran a remove and replace project within about two months of the new logo being live.

Adrian
05 Aug 2018, 2:32 pm #38

Come on Tom. Don't try and put this on me - I'm not the one making the business decisions here! Smile 

I don't think anybody expects them to repaint the whole fleet in 5 minutes, but an "as and when" basis seems to be poor project management at the very least.

What could be done in 5 minutes (well, perhaps a weekend!), is a remove and replace exercise on the Arriva logos. You'll recall GNE received some criticism for this, but indeed they ran a remove and replace project within about two months of the new logo being live.

05 Aug 2018, 2:45 pm #39
[Image: 39987421112_e4f03fbd19.jpg]Arriva stevenage VDL 3782 by Rob Elloway, on Flickr

It's up to the (again, useless) marketing team to do things like this, and yes, it would be a fast and easy way of rolling out the new brand.
If I had my own way the fleet would be smartened up as a priority with the Arriva brand replaced both inside and out, removing any references to defunct MAX and Frequenta brands and changing the vinyls on the transitional Journey Mark liveried vehicles too.

It's not on an "as and when" basis, as there are always at least two vehicles in for repaint at a time.
omnicity4659
05 Aug 2018, 2:45 pm #39

[Image: 39987421112_e4f03fbd19.jpg]Arriva stevenage VDL 3782 by Rob Elloway, on Flickr

It's up to the (again, useless) marketing team to do things like this, and yes, it would be a fast and easy way of rolling out the new brand.
If I had my own way the fleet would be smartened up as a priority with the Arriva brand replaced both inside and out, removing any references to defunct MAX and Frequenta brands and changing the vinyls on the transitional Journey Mark liveried vehicles too.

It's not on an "as and when" basis, as there are always at least two vehicles in for repaint at a time.

RobinHood

05 Aug 2018, 3:30 pm #40
I know someone who works at Arriva, in Sunderland, and they have told me that the new brand was forced upon every region, not by marketing, but the corporate communications team.

Central and local marketing then bear responsibility for it's implementation, but if the actual operating company are not bought in whatsoever, what did Arriva (as a UK wide umberalla) expect?

Internally, it was rejected, hence the lack of urgency to repaint/rebrand.
RobinHood
05 Aug 2018, 3:30 pm #40

I know someone who works at Arriva, in Sunderland, and they have told me that the new brand was forced upon every region, not by marketing, but the corporate communications team.

Central and local marketing then bear responsibility for it's implementation, but if the actual operating company are not bought in whatsoever, what did Arriva (as a UK wide umberalla) expect?

Internally, it was rejected, hence the lack of urgency to repaint/rebrand.

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 35 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average