Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: 2018/19 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2018/19 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2018/19 Financial Year Order Predictions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (19): Previous 1 2 3 419 Next
Jamie M

Unregistered

31 Dec 2018, 10:04 pm #41
(31 Dec 2018, 4:57 pm)Rapidsnap I don't think GNE would buy anymore Streetlites after it was rumoured the current MD had bad experience with Wright Products during his time at Reading Buses. I'm hoping for Optare Products myself.
I like the streetlites from both perspectives. They're comfy and warm from pax point of view with wifi, chargers, nsas and a nice modern feel.
Warm and drive nicely from a drivers point of view. Can drive them all day no problem and regularly have done. Don't know why they have such bad reputation.

Great from an operators point of view due to the BSOG payments and the fact they are very good on the fuel.
Jamie M
31 Dec 2018, 10:04 pm #41

(31 Dec 2018, 4:57 pm)Rapidsnap I don't think GNE would buy anymore Streetlites after it was rumoured the current MD had bad experience with Wright Products during his time at Reading Buses. I'm hoping for Optare Products myself.
I like the streetlites from both perspectives. They're comfy and warm from pax point of view with wifi, chargers, nsas and a nice modern feel.
Warm and drive nicely from a drivers point of view. Can drive them all day no problem and regularly have done. Don't know why they have such bad reputation.

Great from an operators point of view due to the BSOG payments and the fact they are very good on the fuel.

GNE6312

31 Dec 2018, 10:16 pm #42
(31 Dec 2018, 10:01 pm)NewcastleOne Do you know about allocations, a Route does not need 5/6 Spare Buses there would be no benefit in that and will be a complete waste of money and that’s if GNE can even afford to have that many spares, my mind is blown.

They don't all have to be on quaylink/loop/city link 58 they can go onto other services that may repuire a spare for whatever reasons and the 67/68/69 so they won't all be spare for 1 service
GNE6312
31 Dec 2018, 10:16 pm #42

(31 Dec 2018, 10:01 pm)NewcastleOne Do you know about allocations, a Route does not need 5/6 Spare Buses there would be no benefit in that and will be a complete waste of money and that’s if GNE can even afford to have that many spares, my mind is blown.

They don't all have to be on quaylink/loop/city link 58 they can go onto other services that may repuire a spare for whatever reasons and the 67/68/69 so they won't all be spare for 1 service

Jamie M

Unregistered

31 Dec 2018, 10:20 pm #43
(31 Dec 2018, 10:16 pm)GNE6312 They don't all have to be on quaylink/loop/city link 58 they can go onto other services that may repuire a spare for whatever reasons and the 67/68/69 so they won't all be spare for 1 service
The branding scheme is to keep as many branded vehicles on the routes as possible, flooding the allocation with spare vehicles isn't really solving any problems. It would only become nearly sensible if more services became corp livery which I can't see happening.

Most of the time, the right vehicles get allocated and at some point in most days there's 100% correct branding, at least at Riverside.
Jamie M
31 Dec 2018, 10:20 pm #43

(31 Dec 2018, 10:16 pm)GNE6312 They don't all have to be on quaylink/loop/city link 58 they can go onto other services that may repuire a spare for whatever reasons and the 67/68/69 so they won't all be spare for 1 service
The branding scheme is to keep as many branded vehicles on the routes as possible, flooding the allocation with spare vehicles isn't really solving any problems. It would only become nearly sensible if more services became corp livery which I can't see happening.

Most of the time, the right vehicles get allocated and at some point in most days there's 100% correct branding, at least at Riverside.

Jimmi

31 Dec 2018, 11:10 pm #44
(31 Dec 2018, 10:04 pm)Jamie M I like the streetlites from both perspectives. They're comfy and warm from pax point of view with wifi, chargers, nsas and a nice modern feel.

(31 Dec 2018, 10:04 pm)Jamie M I like the streetlites from both perspectives. They're comfy and warm from pax point of view with wifi, chargers, nsas and a nice modern feel.

In the enthusiast community, they are the buses you love to hate, very few seem to actually like them and are regularly slated, I recently visited Carlisle and posted that Arriva's 1577 turned up as my 685 back to Newcastle and pretty much everyone reacted in the same way which was wetting themselves laughing and proclaiming that they would sooner spend an extra hour in Carlisle rather than get on it. It's personal preferences at the end of the day, I wouldn't say I love them but can bare them which is just as well when I have to put up with them most days now, I actually enjoyed having 1577 on the 685 that day, only thing that actually reallu bothered me about that journey was the hard e-leather seats Arriva gave them.

As much as I love big bulky fuel binge drinking buses, those days seem to be over and I feel we need to move on as this is clearly the future for bus travel whether we like it or not.
Jimmi
31 Dec 2018, 11:10 pm #44

In the enthusiast community, they are the buses you love to hate, very few seem to actually like them and are regularly slated, I recently visited Carlisle and posted that Arriva's 1577 turned up as my 685 back to Newcastle and pretty much everyone reacted in the same way which was wetting themselves laughing and proclaiming that they would sooner spend an extra hour in Carlisle rather than get on it. It's personal preferences at the end of the day, I wouldn't say I love them but can bare them which is just as well when I have to put up with them most days now, I actually enjoyed having 1577 on the 685 that day, only thing that actually reallu bothered me about that journey was the hard e-leather seats Arriva gave them.

As much as I love big bulky fuel binge drinking buses, those days seem to be over and I feel we need to move on as this is clearly the future for bus travel whether we like it or not.

Adrian

31 Dec 2018, 11:33 pm #45
(31 Dec 2018, 9:55 pm)Rapidsnap Wright Streetairs are a joke. Lothian ordered 12, but cancelled their order after 6 arrived after they turned out to be quite poor. Plus they are short wheelbase and would in no way cope with the loads on the Q3.

Have they sold any other than those 6? I don't think even London have ordered any.

I didn't find them too bad, but clearly the order volume speaks for itself - either a bad product or poor value for money.

They are always a good temperature, I'll give them that, but other than that they're pretty poor from a passenger point of view. They're narrow/cramped, uncomfortable and have more rattles than a baby's cot. It is a waste of time advertising the chargers, because they're rarely switched on. The poor design requiring a manual switch on each time the vehicle is started up, usually results in the drivers forgetting to switch them on. 

The E200MMCs that Stagecoach are running in Newcastle are essentially the same bus, but they're worlds apart in terms of build quality and ride quality IMO.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
31 Dec 2018, 11:33 pm #45

(31 Dec 2018, 9:55 pm)Rapidsnap Wright Streetairs are a joke. Lothian ordered 12, but cancelled their order after 6 arrived after they turned out to be quite poor. Plus they are short wheelbase and would in no way cope with the loads on the Q3.

Have they sold any other than those 6? I don't think even London have ordered any.

I didn't find them too bad, but clearly the order volume speaks for itself - either a bad product or poor value for money.

They are always a good temperature, I'll give them that, but other than that they're pretty poor from a passenger point of view. They're narrow/cramped, uncomfortable and have more rattles than a baby's cot. It is a waste of time advertising the chargers, because they're rarely switched on. The poor design requiring a manual switch on each time the vehicle is started up, usually results in the drivers forgetting to switch them on. 

The E200MMCs that Stagecoach are running in Newcastle are essentially the same bus, but they're worlds apart in terms of build quality and ride quality IMO.

GNE6312

01 Jan 2019, 8:18 am #46
(31 Dec 2018, 10:20 pm)Jamie M The branding scheme is to keep as many branded vehicles on the routes as possible, flooding the allocation with spare vehicles isn't really solving any problems. It would only become nearly sensible if more services became corp livery which I can't see happening.

Maybe 3 spare per route will work
GNE6312
01 Jan 2019, 8:18 am #46

(31 Dec 2018, 10:20 pm)Jamie M The branding scheme is to keep as many branded vehicles on the routes as possible, flooding the allocation with spare vehicles isn't really solving any problems. It would only become nearly sensible if more services became corp livery which I can't see happening.

Maybe 3 spare per route will work

Jamie M

Unregistered

01 Jan 2019, 2:34 pm #47
(31 Dec 2018, 11:33 pm)Adrian Have they sold any other than those 6? I don't think even London have ordered any.

those seats are uncomfortable as anything on the stagecoaches, cannot stand them. The USB chargers always work from my experience too on the Euro 6 versions and the refurbed mercs.

(01 Jan 2019, 8:18 am)GNE6312 Maybe 3 spare per route will work

One spare per route is the normal idea... can't see that increasing at all nevermind 3 fold.
Jamie M
01 Jan 2019, 2:34 pm #47

(31 Dec 2018, 11:33 pm)Adrian Have they sold any other than those 6? I don't think even London have ordered any.

those seats are uncomfortable as anything on the stagecoaches, cannot stand them. The USB chargers always work from my experience too on the Euro 6 versions and the refurbed mercs.

One spare per route is the normal idea... can't see that increasing at all nevermind 3 fold.

Michael

01 Jan 2019, 2:49 pm #48

I don't think many people thought the Waggonway and See It Do It brands would go but they have.

I hope if new buses arrive, they'll drop some brands, and go in to "Go North East".

Normally the spare to route ratio is 1:8.
Edited 01 Jan 2019, 2:50 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jan 2019, 2:49 pm #48

I don't think many people thought the Waggonway and See It Do It brands would go but they have.

I hope if new buses arrive, they'll drop some brands, and go in to "Go North East".

Normally the spare to route ratio is 1:8.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

01 Jan 2019, 3:04 pm #49
x50 Alexander Enviro 200MMC

23 - Quaylink Q1/Q2 & Q3
8 - Citylink 58
8 - Saltwell Park 53/54
4 - X66
7 - Go North East

Streetlites off the 53/54 & X66 go to Deptford to replace all Scania L94's used on the 35/38
14 Versa V1170's new in 2013 would move to Chester-Le-Street replacing x4 Scania L94's and x10 (09 reg) Versas for use on 13/14/28/28A & X25
18 Versa V1110's currently used on the Quaylinks would go on the 93/94 and 97, 3 spares would be used as cover for these services or on the 64/95
Malarkey
01 Jan 2019, 3:04 pm #49

x50 Alexander Enviro 200MMC

23 - Quaylink Q1/Q2 & Q3
8 - Citylink 58
8 - Saltwell Park 53/54
4 - X66
7 - Go North East

Streetlites off the 53/54 & X66 go to Deptford to replace all Scania L94's used on the 35/38
14 Versa V1170's new in 2013 would move to Chester-Le-Street replacing x4 Scania L94's and x10 (09 reg) Versas for use on 13/14/28/28A & X25
18 Versa V1110's currently used on the Quaylinks would go on the 93/94 and 97, 3 spares would be used as cover for these services or on the 64/95

Jamie M

Unregistered

01 Jan 2019, 3:18 pm #50
(01 Jan 2019, 3:04 pm)Malarkey x50 Alexander Enviro 200MMC

23 - Quaylink Q1/Q2 & Q3
8 - Citylink 58
8 - Saltwell Park 53/54
4 - X66
7 - Go North East

Maybe rid of those euro 4 omnicities at Stanley too... the solars earn more brownie points than they do and only 2 or so years older. Versas in their place when the services come down.
Jamie M
01 Jan 2019, 3:18 pm #50

(01 Jan 2019, 3:04 pm)Malarkey x50 Alexander Enviro 200MMC

23 - Quaylink Q1/Q2 & Q3
8 - Citylink 58
8 - Saltwell Park 53/54
4 - X66
7 - Go North East

Maybe rid of those euro 4 omnicities at Stanley too... the solars earn more brownie points than they do and only 2 or so years older. Versas in their place when the services come down.

Malarkey

01 Jan 2019, 4:07 pm #51
(01 Jan 2019, 3:18 pm)Jamie M Maybe rid of those euro 4 omnicities at Stanley too... the solars earn more brownie points than they do and only 2 or so years older. Versas in their place when the services come down.

I'd leave them for another year.
Malarkey
01 Jan 2019, 4:07 pm #51

(01 Jan 2019, 3:18 pm)Jamie M Maybe rid of those euro 4 omnicities at Stanley too... the solars earn more brownie points than they do and only 2 or so years older. Versas in their place when the services come down.

I'd leave them for another year.

V514DFT

01 Jan 2019, 4:21 pm #52
What will they actually put on the 93 and 94 from this year,baring in mind the 09 versas will be 10 years old this year

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
01 Jan 2019, 4:21 pm #52

What will they actually put on the 93 and 94 from this year,baring in mind the 09 versas will be 10 years old this year

Kind Regards
Tez

Michael

01 Jan 2019, 4:59 pm #53
(01 Jan 2019, 4:21 pm)V514DFT What will they actually put on the 93 and 94 from this year,baring in mind the 09 versas will be 10 years old this year

Atm the current Scania's, as nothing has been mentioned or confirmed about new buses arriving.

The only order we know so far is the 3 Solo's for the Sunderland Connect, which should hopefully arrive this month.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jan 2019, 4:59 pm #53

(01 Jan 2019, 4:21 pm)V514DFT What will they actually put on the 93 and 94 from this year,baring in mind the 09 versas will be 10 years old this year

Atm the current Scania's, as nothing has been mentioned or confirmed about new buses arriving.

The only order we know so far is the 3 Solo's for the Sunderland Connect, which should hopefully arrive this month.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

02 Jan 2019, 6:12 pm #54
(01 Jan 2019, 2:34 pm)Jamie M those seats are uncomfortable as anything on the stagecoaches, cannot stand them. The USB chargers always work from my experience too on the Euro 6 versions and the refurbed mercs.

Comfort is subjective, so each to their own! But you must be extremely lucky if the USB chargers always work from your experience. If I had a £1 for every time I have to ask for them to be switched on...

Adrian
02 Jan 2019, 6:12 pm #54

(01 Jan 2019, 2:34 pm)Jamie M those seats are uncomfortable as anything on the stagecoaches, cannot stand them. The USB chargers always work from my experience too on the Euro 6 versions and the refurbed mercs.

Comfort is subjective, so each to their own! But you must be extremely lucky if the USB chargers always work from your experience. If I had a £1 for every time I have to ask for them to be switched on...

Jimmi

02 Jan 2019, 7:31 pm #55
(02 Jan 2019, 6:12 pm)Adrian Comfort is subjective, so each to their own! But you must be extremely lucky if the USB chargers always work from your experience. If I had a £1 for every time I have to ask for them to be switched on...

If you get on some the Arriva Darlington Sapphire ones, you are lucky if it's not just a crudely filled hole or the damaged remains of the port Dodgy 

Takes very little to break them USB ports it seems...
Jimmi
02 Jan 2019, 7:31 pm #55

(02 Jan 2019, 6:12 pm)Adrian Comfort is subjective, so each to their own! But you must be extremely lucky if the USB chargers always work from your experience. If I had a £1 for every time I have to ask for them to be switched on...

If you get on some the Arriva Darlington Sapphire ones, you are lucky if it's not just a crudely filled hole or the damaged remains of the port Dodgy 

Takes very little to break them USB ports it seems...

JM03

02 Jan 2019, 10:43 pm #56
Tbh, where the stagecoach MMCs operate, it is not a surprise to see them in such a state. Its a shame because I find these stagecoach MMCs to be the comfiest and smoothest buses in the toon.

If they operated in the more better areas they'd be in very good condition but the 100 makes the bus a big bin with USBs, 30/31 just to break it and on the occasions i see it on the 10, they're brilliant. If we saw these on routes like the 57,9,19,97/A and more, GNE will in my opinion have the best buses about and could easily take place of routes currently on Mercs, omnis, solars and maybe even versas while they can also get options to even replace some solo routes like the almost constant problem on indigo 40/41/42/A
Edited 02 Jan 2019, 10:47 pm by JM03.
JM03
02 Jan 2019, 10:43 pm #56

Tbh, where the stagecoach MMCs operate, it is not a surprise to see them in such a state. Its a shame because I find these stagecoach MMCs to be the comfiest and smoothest buses in the toon.

If they operated in the more better areas they'd be in very good condition but the 100 makes the bus a big bin with USBs, 30/31 just to break it and on the occasions i see it on the 10, they're brilliant. If we saw these on routes like the 57,9,19,97/A and more, GNE will in my opinion have the best buses about and could easily take place of routes currently on Mercs, omnis, solars and maybe even versas while they can also get options to even replace some solo routes like the almost constant problem on indigo 40/41/42/A

BusLoverMum

03 Jan 2019, 12:19 am #57

Good temperature? They have no insulation. The arriva ones with no heating are freezing in winter and boiling in summer and the Prince bishops onwards gne ones are always hot

(01 Jan 2019, 4:07 pm)Malarkey I'd leave them for another year.

Aye. I'm never disappointed in an omnicity, so long as there's no dual carriageway embarrassment involved.

Aye. I'm never disappointed in an omnicity, so long as there's no dual carriageway embarrassment involved.
Edited 03 Jan 2019, 12:27 am by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
03 Jan 2019, 12:19 am #57

Good temperature? They have no insulation. The arriva ones with no heating are freezing in winter and boiling in summer and the Prince bishops onwards gne ones are always hot

V514DFT

03 Jan 2019, 12:19 pm #58
Would be nice if they could replace the 11/61 reg solos on indigo north tyne,only thing really wrong with them is that they arent upto spec with the rest of them,i know they dis it because of the pvr increase,but that was like 2/3 years ago,personally i would also repaint 653/54 into corp livery as spares for the these services,but probably highly unlikely

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
03 Jan 2019, 12:19 pm #58

Would be nice if they could replace the 11/61 reg solos on indigo north tyne,only thing really wrong with them is that they arent upto spec with the rest of them,i know they dis it because of the pvr increase,but that was like 2/3 years ago,personally i would also repaint 653/54 into corp livery as spares for the these services,but probably highly unlikely

Kind Regards
Tez

Adrian

03 Jan 2019, 6:12 pm #59
(03 Jan 2019, 12:19 am)BusLoverMum Good temperature? They have no insulation. The arriva ones with no heating are freezing in winter and boiling in summer and the Prince bishops onwards gne ones are always hot

I find the GNE ones to be spot on for saloon temperature. Certainly beats getting on an old Prestige or Solar in the winter, when it often felt colder than it was outside!

Adrian
03 Jan 2019, 6:12 pm #59

(03 Jan 2019, 12:19 am)BusLoverMum Good temperature? They have no insulation. The arriva ones with no heating are freezing in winter and boiling in summer and the Prince bishops onwards gne ones are always hot

I find the GNE ones to be spot on for saloon temperature. Certainly beats getting on an old Prestige or Solar in the winter, when it often felt colder than it was outside!

04 Jan 2019, 9:55 pm #60
(02 Jan 2019, 10:43 pm)JM03 Tbh, where the stagecoach MMCs operate, it is not a surprise to see them in such a state. Its a shame because I find these stagecoach MMCs to be the comfiest and smoothest buses in the toon.

Good and Bad in every area, it’s a shame that people disrespect transport in all areas.

I would be interested to see how the EV MMC 200s do at GNE as well as the Solos SR EV.
———-
Order prediction- I won’t say what vehicle/bus but a prediction on routes
26/27
97/97a/X97
Edited 04 Jan 2019, 9:59 pm by NewcastleOne.
NewcastleOne
04 Jan 2019, 9:55 pm #60

(02 Jan 2019, 10:43 pm)JM03 Tbh, where the stagecoach MMCs operate, it is not a surprise to see them in such a state. Its a shame because I find these stagecoach MMCs to be the comfiest and smoothest buses in the toon.

Good and Bad in every area, it’s a shame that people disrespect transport in all areas.

I would be interested to see how the EV MMC 200s do at GNE as well as the Solos SR EV.
———-
Order prediction- I won’t say what vehicle/bus but a prediction on routes
26/27
97/97a/X97

Pages (19): Previous 1 2 3 419 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average