Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: 2018/19 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2018/19 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2018/19 Financial Year Order Predictions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (19): Previous 117 18 19 Next
BusLoverMum

22 Aug 2019, 2:00 pm #341

(22 Aug 2019, 11:37 am)Andreos1

Purely from an anecdotal point of view, I've seen the Solo's on the X20's carry decent loads.

Standing occasionally.

However, I'm not sure there is a like for like comparison to the 20A, due to the fact the X20 is limited stop and on a reduced frequency and passengers travelling between common points on the 20/20A, often boarded the first bus that came. If you were travelling between say West Rainton and Houghton, you had the choice of either bus and obviously that isn't the case now.

I would be keen to see if people travelling between Durham and Houghton hang on for the half hourly X20 and have a quicker journey time, or if they just plump for the first bus that arrives.

When we travel that way, we'll wait 10 minutes for an x20 but there's little point waiting any longer.

BusLoverMum
22 Aug 2019, 2:00 pm #341

Purely from an anecdotal point of view, I've seen the Solo's on the X20's carry decent loads.

Standing occasionally.

However, I'm not sure there is a like for like comparison to the 20A, due to the fact the X20 is limited stop and on a reduced frequency and passengers travelling between common points on the 20/20A, often boarded the first bus that came. If you were travelling between say West Rainton and Houghton, you had the choice of either bus and obviously that isn't the case now.

I would be keen to see if people travelling between Durham and Houghton hang on for the half hourly X20 and have a quicker journey time, or if they just plump for the first bus that arrives.

When we travel that way, we'll wait 10 minutes for an x20 but there's little point waiting any longer.

22 Aug 2019, 8:54 pm #342

Standing occasionally.

I know I'm a bit 'unique', but I don't really care about the journey times. I care more about how crowded the bus is. I'd happily wait an extra hour if it meant I didn't have to sit next to somebody.

I regularly let Angels and X21s go past if there isn't a table available. I get the 1A between Gateshead and Metrocentre because it's always empty

streetdeckfan
22 Aug 2019, 8:54 pm #342

Standing occasionally.

I know I'm a bit 'unique', but I don't really care about the journey times. I care more about how crowded the bus is. I'd happily wait an extra hour if it meant I didn't have to sit next to somebody.

I regularly let Angels and X21s go past if there isn't a table available. I get the 1A between Gateshead and Metrocentre because it's always empty

Adrian

23 Aug 2019, 2:15 pm #343

(22 Aug 2019, 8:54 pm)streetdeckfan I regularly let Angels and X21s go past if there isn't a table available.

And you can determine that from the street with the bus moving?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
23 Aug 2019, 2:15 pm #343

(22 Aug 2019, 8:54 pm)streetdeckfan I regularly let Angels and X21s go past if there isn't a table available.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

S830OFT

23 Aug 2019, 3:21 pm #344

(23 Aug 2019, 2:15 pm)Adrian

Unless your above the bus, and it has a glazed top deck I don't think you can know if a table is available...

S830OFT
23 Aug 2019, 3:21 pm #344

Unless your above the bus, and it has a glazed top deck I don't think you can know if a table is available...

BusLoverMum

23 Aug 2019, 6:21 pm #345

(22 Aug 2019, 8:54 pm)streetdeckfan

You need to take a taxi, mate.

BusLoverMum
23 Aug 2019, 6:21 pm #345

V514DFT

24 Aug 2019, 1:04 am #346

what a load of guff

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
24 Aug 2019, 1:04 am #346

what a load of guff

Kind Regards
Tez

24 Aug 2019, 1:25 am #347

I usually only get on from a bus station, and when I get on in Tindale, I can almost guarantee there'll be a table available.

From the street you can see if there's anybody sitting at the table seats

(23 Aug 2019, 6:21 pm)BusLoverMum

Taxis are an absolute rip off!

streetdeckfan
24 Aug 2019, 1:25 am #347

I usually only get on from a bus station, and when I get on in Tindale, I can almost guarantee there'll be a table available.

(23 Aug 2019, 6:21 pm)BusLoverMum

Michael

24 Aug 2019, 8:06 am #348

Standing occasionally.

I forgot to reply, got distracted

That's good, glad its being used, the first X7 (7:30am from Park Lane) of the day seems to get a few people on too, which is good, not sure how far they go, but they let the likes of the 22 (Arriva), the 9 and 60 go.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Aug 2019, 8:06 am #348

Standing occasionally.

I forgot to reply, got distracted

That's good, glad its being used, the first X7 (7:30am from Park Lane) of the day seems to get a few people on too, which is good, not sure how far they go, but they let the likes of the 22 (Arriva), the 9 and 60 go.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S830OFT

24 Aug 2019, 11:34 am #349

(24 Aug 2019, 8:06 am)Michael I forgot to reply, got distracted

Most passengers on the early morning X6/X7 journeys are usually workers at Spectrum Business Park...

S830OFT
24 Aug 2019, 11:34 am #349

(24 Aug 2019, 8:06 am)Michael I forgot to reply, got distracted

Most passengers on the early morning X6/X7 journeys are usually workers at Spectrum Business Park...

BusLoverMum

24 Aug 2019, 1:21 pm #350

(24 Aug 2019, 1:25 am)streetdeckfan

Buses would cost about the same if every osssenger had 4 seats to themselves, too.

BusLoverMum
24 Aug 2019, 1:21 pm #350

(24 Aug 2019, 1:25 am)streetdeckfan

Buses would cost about the same if every osssenger had 4 seats to themselves, too.

24 Aug 2019, 1:49 pm #351

(24 Aug 2019, 1:21 pm)BusLoverMum

Believe it or not, I don't actively stop people sitting at the tables when I'm there! I just prefer not to sit at a table that already has people on it

streetdeckfan
24 Aug 2019, 1:49 pm #351

(24 Aug 2019, 1:21 pm)BusLoverMum

Believe it or not, I don't actively stop people sitting at the tables when I'm there! I just prefer not to sit at a table that already has people on it

S830OFT

24 Aug 2019, 1:51 pm #352

(24 Aug 2019, 1:49 pm)streetdeckfan

Just travel on the X10, I've had people sit opposite me on a table twice, despite spare forward seats being available...

S830OFT
24 Aug 2019, 1:51 pm #352

Just travel on the X10, I've had people sit opposite me on a table twice, despite spare forward seats being available...

Jimmi

24 Aug 2019, 2:18 pm #353

Sit backwards at the tables as I hate it when the "I can't go backwards" brigade get on and end up sitting next to me instead elsewhere on the bus
Jimmi
24 Aug 2019, 2:18 pm #353

Sit backwards at the tables as I hate it when the "I can't go backwards" brigade get on and end up sitting next to me instead elsewhere on the bus

24 Aug 2019, 2:58 pm #354

(24 Aug 2019, 2:18 pm)Jimmi Sit backwards at the tables as I hate it when the "I can't go backwards" brigade get on and end up sitting next to me instead elsewhere on the bus

Backwards seats are the best seats! If there's a backwards seat available, I sit in it

streetdeckfan
24 Aug 2019, 2:58 pm #354

(24 Aug 2019, 2:18 pm)Jimmi Sit backwards at the tables as I hate it when the "I can't go backwards" brigade get on and end up sitting next to me instead elsewhere on the bus

Backwards seats are the best seats! If there's a backwards seat available, I sit in it

BusLoverMum

24 Aug 2019, 5:01 pm #355

(24 Aug 2019, 2:58 pm)streetdeckfan

I like going backwards, too. It actually stopped me from feeling travel sick as a small kid.

BusLoverMum
24 Aug 2019, 5:01 pm #355

(24 Aug 2019, 2:58 pm)streetdeckfan

I like going backwards, too. It actually stopped me from feeling travel sick as a small kid.

24 Aug 2019, 5:14 pm #356

(24 Aug 2019, 5:01 pm)BusLoverMum

I don't really get travel sick (although I do feel queasy on the Shields ferry), but unless I sit at the front of the bus, I much prefer sitting backwards.

Plus, I'm quite nosey so I like being able to look into people's cars!

streetdeckfan
24 Aug 2019, 5:14 pm #356

(24 Aug 2019, 5:01 pm)BusLoverMum

I don't really get travel sick (although I do feel queasy on the Shields ferry), but unless I sit at the front of the bus, I much prefer sitting backwards.

BusLoverMum

26 Aug 2019, 9:53 pm #357

(24 Aug 2019, 5:14 pm)streetdeckfan

I don't get travel sick any more, either (though freak out on dual carriageways if sandwiched between HGVs moving at slightly different speeds because it makes my head spin - one reason why I don't drive) but we didn't have a car when i was little (not many people did!) and quite reliably barfed whenever I did travel in one for any length of time.

BusLoverMum
26 Aug 2019, 9:53 pm #357

(24 Aug 2019, 5:14 pm)streetdeckfan

I don't get travel sick any more, either (though freak out on dual carriageways if sandwiched between HGVs moving at slightly different speeds because it makes my head spin - one reason why I don't drive) but we didn't have a car when i was little (not many people did!) and quite reliably barfed whenever I did travel in one for any length of time.

Michael

24 Nov 2019, 4:33 pm #358
With Leeds starting to receive their new Streetdecks, wonder how it'll be before GNE start to receive their Streetdecks, meaning cascades can finally start.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Nov 2019, 4:33 pm #358

With Leeds starting to receive their new Streetdecks, wonder how it'll be before GNE start to receive their Streetdecks, meaning cascades can finally start.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Stanleyone

24 Nov 2019, 7:31 pm #359
(24 Nov 2019, 4:33 pm)Michael With Leeds starting to receive their new Streetdecks, wonder how it'll be before GNE start to receive their Streetdecks, meaning cascades can finally
start.
I might be wide of the mark, but in light of the Scania event planned for the 15th of December, that might suggest that deliveries may start soon and intended cascades can take place. According to the current fleet list there’s 19 left (excluding floats), and 6118-6121 to transfer to hull.
Stanleyone
24 Nov 2019, 7:31 pm #359

(24 Nov 2019, 4:33 pm)Michael With Leeds starting to receive their new Streetdecks, wonder how it'll be before GNE start to receive their Streetdecks, meaning cascades can finally
start.
I might be wide of the mark, but in light of the Scania event planned for the 15th of December, that might suggest that deliveries may start soon and intended cascades can take place. According to the current fleet list there’s 19 left (excluding floats), and 6118-6121 to transfer to hull.

Andreos1

24 Nov 2019, 8:09 pm #360
A sign they're really pushing it for evaluation or something else?
Either way, the E400 demo was out on the X10 today and in to the evening at least. 

I passed it heading north and it didn't look in any particular hurry. 
It was running late according to my calculations. It hadn't hit Ron Perry and should have been at Peterlee approx 10mins prior.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
24 Nov 2019, 8:09 pm #360

A sign they're really pushing it for evaluation or something else?
Either way, the E400 demo was out on the X10 today and in to the evening at least. 

I passed it heading north and it didn't look in any particular hurry. 
It was running late according to my calculations. It hadn't hit Ron Perry and should have been at Peterlee approx 10mins prior.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (19): Previous 117 18 19 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average