Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2018

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (10) Previous 1 2 310 Next
Jamie M

Unregistered

04 Oct 2018, 6:19 am #21
(04 Oct 2018, 6:17 am)Michael 5401 has a peppa pig small advert on the back, and its cut some of the Beamish branding on it... looks daft.
Wonder why it wasnt corp branded like the other beamish buses?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
04 Oct 2018, 6:19 am #21

(04 Oct 2018, 6:17 am)Michael 5401 has a peppa pig small advert on the back, and its cut some of the Beamish branding on it... looks daft.
Wonder why it wasnt corp branded like the other beamish buses?

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Oct 2018, 9:05 am #22
(04 Oct 2018, 6:19 am)Jamie M Wonder why it wasnt corp branded like the other beamish buses?

It has been planned to go into corporate livery for a number of months now, along with the Lambton Worm Versa, but Chester-le-Street have had a high number of vehicles VOR now for quite some time, so can't afford to release a bus to be repainted.
Dan
04 Oct 2018, 9:05 am #22

(04 Oct 2018, 6:19 am)Jamie M Wonder why it wasnt corp branded like the other beamish buses?

It has been planned to go into corporate livery for a number of months now, along with the Lambton Worm Versa, but Chester-le-Street have had a high number of vehicles VOR now for quite some time, so can't afford to release a bus to be repainted.

Malarkey

05 Oct 2018, 7:47 pm #23
(04 Oct 2018, 9:05 am)Dan It has been planned to go into corporate livery for a number of months now, along with the Lambton Worm Versa, but Chester-le-Street have had a high number of vehicles VOR now for quite some time, so can't afford to release a bus to be repainted.

Should be able to in the upcoming fortnight though with the schools being off, saying that the 5482/83/84 still need painting also.

On another note 4932 is currently at Saltmeadows covering for the Bluestar Mercs while they are painted.
Malarkey
05 Oct 2018, 7:47 pm #23

(04 Oct 2018, 9:05 am)Dan It has been planned to go into corporate livery for a number of months now, along with the Lambton Worm Versa, but Chester-le-Street have had a high number of vehicles VOR now for quite some time, so can't afford to release a bus to be repainted.

Should be able to in the upcoming fortnight though with the schools being off, saying that the 5482/83/84 still need painting also.

On another note 4932 is currently at Saltmeadows covering for the Bluestar Mercs while they are painted.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Oct 2018, 8:11 pm #24
(05 Oct 2018, 7:47 pm)Malarkey Should be able to in the upcoming fortnight though with the schools being off, saying that the 5482/83/84 still need painting also.

Yes, that's certainly the plan... although the schools are only off for a week, not two.

5485 is this week's Citaro being painted, with 4932 on loan to Saltmeadows to cover as you say. 5481 likely to be the last Citaro to be repainted now it is at Riverside.

Saltmeadows single-deck boards likely to be converted to double-deck during the school holidays - some of these buses are still required as they operate works services too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dan
05 Oct 2018, 8:11 pm #24

(05 Oct 2018, 7:47 pm)Malarkey Should be able to in the upcoming fortnight though with the schools being off, saying that the 5482/83/84 still need painting also.

Yes, that's certainly the plan... although the schools are only off for a week, not two.

5485 is this week's Citaro being painted, with 4932 on loan to Saltmeadows to cover as you say. 5481 likely to be the last Citaro to be repainted now it is at Riverside.

Saltmeadows single-deck boards likely to be converted to double-deck during the school holidays - some of these buses are still required as they operate works services too.

Malarkey

05 Oct 2018, 8:21 pm #25
(05 Oct 2018, 8:11 pm)Dan Yes, that's certainly the plan... although the schools are only off for a week, not two.

Someone at work yesterday said they were off for two, I lost track of school holidays after I left school in 2009.
Malarkey
05 Oct 2018, 8:21 pm #25

(05 Oct 2018, 8:11 pm)Dan Yes, that's certainly the plan... although the schools are only off for a week, not two.

Someone at work yesterday said they were off for two, I lost track of school holidays after I left school in 2009.

Jamie M

Unregistered

05 Oct 2018, 8:25 pm #26
(05 Oct 2018, 8:21 pm)Malarkey Someone at work yesterday said they were off for two, I lost track of school holidays after I left school in 2009.
8 weeks on, 1 week off, 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 5 weeks on, 1 week off, 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 7 weeks on, 6.5 weeks off. Roughly speaking, although I finished up college in May, I've already forgotten enough to be doubting myself!

Jamie M
05 Oct 2018, 8:25 pm #26

(05 Oct 2018, 8:21 pm)Malarkey Someone at work yesterday said they were off for two, I lost track of school holidays after I left school in 2009.
8 weeks on, 1 week off, 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 5 weeks on, 1 week off, 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 7 weeks on, 6.5 weeks off. Roughly speaking, although I finished up college in May, I've already forgotten enough to be doubting myself!

JM03

05 Oct 2018, 8:40 pm #27
(05 Oct 2018, 8:25 pm)Jamie M 8 weeks on, 1 week off, 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 5 weeks on, 1 week off, 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 7 weeks on, 6.5 weeks off. Roughly speaking, although I finished up college in May, I've already forgotten enough to be doubting myself!

I'm still in year 11 so ill look into it. The next holidays are the week beginning 29th and christmas holidays aren't starting till the very last week.
JM03
05 Oct 2018, 8:40 pm #27

(05 Oct 2018, 8:25 pm)Jamie M 8 weeks on, 1 week off, 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 5 weeks on, 1 week off, 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 7 weeks on, 6.5 weeks off. Roughly speaking, although I finished up college in May, I've already forgotten enough to be doubting myself!

I'm still in year 11 so ill look into it. The next holidays are the week beginning 29th and christmas holidays aren't starting till the very last week.

JM03

05 Oct 2018, 9:57 pm #28
I didn't know where to put this but i think this would be a good idea to change the bus fleets at Percy Main and Riverside depots
Riverside to Percy Main-
Q3 ops to be moved to percy main operating all day Monday to Saturdays and Sunday Daytimes (Sunday nights ops to remain at riverside). 33A to be extended to St peters basin at night and to interwork with the Q3. 67-69 versas also to transfer to percy main to be used on the 19. Versas can be used for backups on indigo services keeping corp solos on the needed routes (K3,W1/A,W2,333) so 1 backup solo. Vehicles to transfer-
5385,5387-5390,8306-8315,8328,9084
Percy Main to Riverside-
11 ops all day, everyday resulting in riverside getting a big fleet of omnicities. Solar eclipses to transfer to riverside to re-join other solars in the fleet and replace 67/69 versas. Vehicles to transfer-
4978-4982,5263-5274.

This will end up keeping all the percy main single-deck vehicles the same saving money by all parts being the same now but also adding extra capacity to the indigo services when needed like during Cobalt rush hour. This would also benefit Riverside as the 11 can stick with the blue arrows brand all day every day while and bring upgraded travel to the Green arrows on Sundays (probs be better getting up Lobley Hill bank too) but also saving money on parts with the solars staying at the main depots (Chester,Riverside and Deptford). This will also bring the oppotuinity to bring newer vehicles to the 67-69 earlier than expected as the solars are to be replaced sooner than expected as the solars to be replaced soon.
JM03
05 Oct 2018, 9:57 pm #28

I didn't know where to put this but i think this would be a good idea to change the bus fleets at Percy Main and Riverside depots
Riverside to Percy Main-
Q3 ops to be moved to percy main operating all day Monday to Saturdays and Sunday Daytimes (Sunday nights ops to remain at riverside). 33A to be extended to St peters basin at night and to interwork with the Q3. 67-69 versas also to transfer to percy main to be used on the 19. Versas can be used for backups on indigo services keeping corp solos on the needed routes (K3,W1/A,W2,333) so 1 backup solo. Vehicles to transfer-
Percy Main to Riverside-
11 ops all day, everyday resulting in riverside getting a big fleet of omnicities. Solar eclipses to transfer to riverside to re-join other solars in the fleet and replace 67/69 versas. Vehicles to transfer-
4978-4982,5263-5274.

This will end up keeping all the percy main single-deck vehicles the same saving money by all parts being the same now but also adding extra capacity to the indigo services when needed like during Cobalt rush hour. This would also benefit Riverside as the 11 can stick with the blue arrows brand all day every day while and bring upgraded travel to the Green arrows on Sundays (probs be better getting up Lobley Hill bank too) but also saving money on parts with the solars staying at the main depots (Chester,Riverside and Deptford). This will also bring the oppotuinity to bring newer vehicles to the 67-69 earlier than expected as the solars are to be replaced sooner than expected as the solars to be replaced soon.

Jamie M

Unregistered

05 Oct 2018, 10:12 pm #29
(05 Oct 2018, 9:57 pm)JM03 I didn't know where to put this but i think this would be a good idea to change the bus fleets at Percy Main and Riverside depots
Riverside to Percy Main-
Percy Main to Riverside-
4978-4982,5263-5274.

Interesting, I don't see much use in any of this though.

The eclipses at percy main are Volvo engines, not the same as the Solars which are Scanias.

Omnicities also are pretty worn out right now, they probably want some internal TLC given their age, not really much of an upgrade.

33 doesn't need extending, it wouldn't be used and would need nexus to support it to make it worth while.

Valid argument about peak time journeys needing more seat space, but it's not easy to do this when perhaps more space is only needed for 2 journeys a day.

I would say that next year will be interesting with the ability to bin most buses that are older than 55 plate with the solar council agreement ending in 2019. Maybe streetlites for 97, 93/94 and 35 with the best of the 54 plate solars being kept for spares and chester.

Jamie M
05 Oct 2018, 10:12 pm #29

(05 Oct 2018, 9:57 pm)JM03 I didn't know where to put this but i think this would be a good idea to change the bus fleets at Percy Main and Riverside depots
Riverside to Percy Main-
Percy Main to Riverside-
4978-4982,5263-5274.

Interesting, I don't see much use in any of this though.

The eclipses at percy main are Volvo engines, not the same as the Solars which are Scanias.

Omnicities also are pretty worn out right now, they probably want some internal TLC given their age, not really much of an upgrade.

33 doesn't need extending, it wouldn't be used and would need nexus to support it to make it worth while.

Valid argument about peak time journeys needing more seat space, but it's not easy to do this when perhaps more space is only needed for 2 journeys a day.

I would say that next year will be interesting with the ability to bin most buses that are older than 55 plate with the solar council agreement ending in 2019. Maybe streetlites for 97, 93/94 and 35 with the best of the 54 plate solars being kept for spares and chester.

JM03

05 Oct 2018, 10:30 pm #30
(05 Oct 2018, 10:12 pm)Jamie M Interesting, I don't see much use in any of this though.

The omnicities are outstanding vehicles in my opinion and are a great ride. The 42 could defiantly use extra capacity between north shields and wallsend, it overcrowds a lot during the day. The eclipses are starting to look a bit knackered on the 19 and have served great. Some are in worse condition than others with my guess 4982 in the best condition travelling on these twice a day. The streetlights to replace the solars are a brilliant idea and if enough ordered could release all riverside versas with the Qs,58 and 67/69s getting a new opportunity (maybe not so much on the 67/69 with them still being euro 4) but could help release the majority of solars. Percy Mains buses needing a bit of a upgrade, its had nothing new in years and starting to look knackered all round. The omnidekkas need to be released to Chester in my opinion asap to be swapped with their gemini so its all the same decker types.

That would be first priority for me at percy amin but props the eaisest task as it can be completed in a few hours.
Edited 05 Oct 2018, 10:31 pm by JM03.
JM03
05 Oct 2018, 10:30 pm #30

(05 Oct 2018, 10:12 pm)Jamie M Interesting, I don't see much use in any of this though.

The omnicities are outstanding vehicles in my opinion and are a great ride. The 42 could defiantly use extra capacity between north shields and wallsend, it overcrowds a lot during the day. The eclipses are starting to look a bit knackered on the 19 and have served great. Some are in worse condition than others with my guess 4982 in the best condition travelling on these twice a day. The streetlights to replace the solars are a brilliant idea and if enough ordered could release all riverside versas with the Qs,58 and 67/69s getting a new opportunity (maybe not so much on the 67/69 with them still being euro 4) but could help release the majority of solars. Percy Mains buses needing a bit of a upgrade, its had nothing new in years and starting to look knackered all round. The omnidekkas need to be released to Chester in my opinion asap to be swapped with their gemini so its all the same decker types.

That would be first priority for me at percy amin but props the eaisest task as it can be completed in a few hours.

Jamie M

Unregistered

05 Oct 2018, 10:32 pm #31
(05 Oct 2018, 10:30 pm)JM03 The omnicities are outstanding vehicles in my opinion and are a great ride. The 42 could defiantly use extra capacity between north shields and wallsend, it overcrowds a lot during the day. The eclipses are starting to look a bit knackered on the 19 and have served great. Some are in worse condition than others with my guess 4982 in the best condition travelling on these twice a day. The streetlights to replace the solars are a brilliant idea and if enough ordered could release all riverside versas with the Qs,58 and 67/69s getting a new opportunity (maybe not so much on the 67/69 with them still being euro 4) but could help release the majority of solars. Percy Mains buses needing a bit of a upgrade, its had nothing new in years and starting to look knackered all round. The omnidekkas need to be released to Chester in my opinion asap to be swapped with their gemini so its all the same decker types.

Chester have no gemini decker. All at washy.

Jamie M
05 Oct 2018, 10:32 pm #31

(05 Oct 2018, 10:30 pm)JM03 The omnicities are outstanding vehicles in my opinion and are a great ride. The 42 could defiantly use extra capacity between north shields and wallsend, it overcrowds a lot during the day. The eclipses are starting to look a bit knackered on the 19 and have served great. Some are in worse condition than others with my guess 4982 in the best condition travelling on these twice a day. The streetlights to replace the solars are a brilliant idea and if enough ordered could release all riverside versas with the Qs,58 and 67/69s getting a new opportunity (maybe not so much on the 67/69 with them still being euro 4) but could help release the majority of solars. Percy Mains buses needing a bit of a upgrade, its had nothing new in years and starting to look knackered all round. The omnidekkas need to be released to Chester in my opinion asap to be swapped with their gemini so its all the same decker types.

Chester have no gemini decker. All at washy.

JM03

05 Oct 2018, 10:35 pm #32
(05 Oct 2018, 10:32 pm)Jamie M Chester have no gemini decker. All at washy.

What replaced that?
JM03
05 Oct 2018, 10:35 pm #32

(05 Oct 2018, 10:32 pm)Jamie M Chester have no gemini decker. All at washy.

What replaced that?

Jamie M

Unregistered

05 Oct 2018, 10:36 pm #33
(05 Oct 2018, 10:35 pm)JM03 What replaced that?
https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/1911/Fleet%20archive%20(46).pdf

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/about/enthusiast-area/ > Fleet Archive

Have a read in here. The vast amount of text hurts my head so I'm not reading it!

Jamie M
05 Oct 2018, 10:36 pm #33

(05 Oct 2018, 10:35 pm)JM03 What replaced that?
https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/1911/Fleet%20archive%20(46).pdf

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/about/enthusiast-area/ > Fleet Archive

Have a read in here. The vast amount of text hurts my head so I'm not reading it!

S813 FVK

05 Oct 2018, 10:54 pm #34
Omnidekkas is the short answer
S813 FVK
05 Oct 2018, 10:54 pm #34

Omnidekkas is the short answer

Jamie M

Unregistered

05 Oct 2018, 10:55 pm #35
(05 Oct 2018, 10:54 pm)S813 FVK Omnidekkas is the short answer
I dont know why I couldnt think of that myself. I mean it was either that or streetdeck.

I'll be searching a long time for a justification for this one!

Jamie M
05 Oct 2018, 10:55 pm #35

(05 Oct 2018, 10:54 pm)S813 FVK Omnidekkas is the short answer
I dont know why I couldnt think of that myself. I mean it was either that or streetdeck.

JM03

05 Oct 2018, 11:05 pm #36
If 3 gemini 2s can get to stanley for the Toon Link, it could release all the gemini to Percy Main, and the Percy main omnidekkas plus the 3 at stanley for Washington
JM03
05 Oct 2018, 11:05 pm #36

If 3 gemini 2s can get to stanley for the Toon Link, it could release all the gemini to Percy Main, and the Percy main omnidekkas plus the 3 at stanley for Washington

Jamie M

Unregistered

05 Oct 2018, 11:07 pm #37
(05 Oct 2018, 11:05 pm)JM03 If 3 gemini 2s can get to stanley for the Toon Link, it could release all the gemini to Percy Main, and the Percy main omnidekkas plus the 3 at stanley for Washington
The Omnilongdekka are transferring north. Still many of those aren't here yet so it'll be interesting to see what happens next..!

Jamie M
05 Oct 2018, 11:07 pm #37

(05 Oct 2018, 11:05 pm)JM03 If 3 gemini 2s can get to stanley for the Toon Link, it could release all the gemini to Percy Main, and the Percy main omnidekkas plus the 3 at stanley for Washington
The Omnilongdekka are transferring north. Still many of those aren't here yet so it'll be interesting to see what happens next..!

S813 FVK

05 Oct 2018, 11:12 pm #38
(05 Oct 2018, 10:55 pm)Jamie M I dont know why I couldnt think of that myself. I mean it was either that or streetdeck.

I think we can be generous on this occasion and let you off given how late it is  Big Grin Big Grin
S813 FVK
05 Oct 2018, 11:12 pm #38

(05 Oct 2018, 10:55 pm)Jamie M I dont know why I couldnt think of that myself. I mean it was either that or streetdeck.

I think we can be generous on this occasion and let you off given how late it is  Big Grin Big Grin

Jamie M

Unregistered

05 Oct 2018, 11:13 pm #39
(05 Oct 2018, 11:12 pm)S813 FVK I think we can be generous on this occasion and let you off given how late it is  Big Grin Big Grin
It's so late it's early!

Jamie M
05 Oct 2018, 11:13 pm #39

(05 Oct 2018, 11:12 pm)S813 FVK I think we can be generous on this occasion and let you off given how late it is  Big Grin Big Grin
It's so late it's early!

Michael

06 Oct 2018, 10:00 am #40
(02 Oct 2018, 4:23 pm)Dan 619 still very much in service today.

Its days must be numbered now, with having 1 of the AD122 Solo's becoming spare as i would think  the other one has slotted in to Hexham with 723 going to Washington..

All Streetdecks? ??
Edited 06 Oct 2018, 10:02 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Oct 2018, 10:00 am #40

(02 Oct 2018, 4:23 pm)Dan 619 still very much in service today.

Its days must be numbered now, with having 1 of the AD122 Solo's becoming spare as i would think  the other one has slotted in to Hexham with 723 going to Washington..

All Streetdecks? ??

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (10) Previous 1 2 310 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average