Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2018

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (10): Previous 15 6 710 Next
park5354

14 Nov 2018, 4:59 pm #101
(14 Nov 2018, 9:35 am)Rob44 I don't know about the coach park.... I think that when the Match day park and ride operates from?  I am just on about the parking at the metrocentre its self - its definitely on the signage although not sure how they could prove it unless CCTV followed youfrom your car to the bus station and your were seen jumping on the bus?!

They do enforce it, especially the Multi storey next to Bus Station.  Several drivers from Riverside have recieved tickets after parking in there, then getting bus to Gateshead.  Security watch people leaving cars then watch them board buses.
Drivers cannot even use Coach Park for work, although it sometimes depends on which security officer is on duty.
park5354
14 Nov 2018, 4:59 pm #101

(14 Nov 2018, 9:35 am)Rob44 I don't know about the coach park.... I think that when the Match day park and ride operates from?  I am just on about the parking at the metrocentre its self - its definitely on the signage although not sure how they could prove it unless CCTV followed youfrom your car to the bus station and your were seen jumping on the bus?!

They do enforce it, especially the Multi storey next to Bus Station.  Several drivers from Riverside have recieved tickets after parking in there, then getting bus to Gateshead.  Security watch people leaving cars then watch them board buses.
Drivers cannot even use Coach Park for work, although it sometimes depends on which security officer is on duty.

Jamie M

Unregistered

14 Nov 2018, 5:13 pm #102
(14 Nov 2018, 4:59 pm)park5354 They do enforce it, especially the Multi storey next to Bus Station.  Several drivers from Riverside have recieved tickets after parking in there, then getting bus to Gateshead.  Security watch people leaving cars then watch them board buses.
I was misinformed then, good I know this now lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
14 Nov 2018, 5:13 pm #102

(14 Nov 2018, 4:59 pm)park5354 They do enforce it, especially the Multi storey next to Bus Station.  Several drivers from Riverside have recieved tickets after parking in there, then getting bus to Gateshead.  Security watch people leaving cars then watch them board buses.
I was misinformed then, good I know this now lol.

Michael

14 Nov 2018, 6:29 pm #103
6030 is now at Deptford according to the Go North East fleet news.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Nov 2018, 6:29 pm #103

6030 is now at Deptford according to the Go North East fleet news.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

14 Nov 2018, 6:30 pm #104
(14 Nov 2018, 6:29 pm)Michael 6030 is now at Deptford according to the Go North East fleet news.

To help with Sunderland Illuminations
https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...p?tid=2186&pid=222626#pid222626
S813 FVK
14 Nov 2018, 6:30 pm #104

(14 Nov 2018, 6:29 pm)Michael 6030 is now at Deptford according to the Go North East fleet news.

To help with Sunderland Illuminations

Michael

14 Nov 2018, 6:31 pm #105
(14 Nov 2018, 6:30 pm)S813 FVK To help with Sunderland Illuminations

Ah, i missed that post!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Nov 2018, 6:31 pm #105

(14 Nov 2018, 6:30 pm)S813 FVK To help with Sunderland Illuminations

Ah, i missed that post!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

LVK 404L

14 Nov 2018, 7:23 pm #106
(13 Nov 2018, 6:39 pm)idiot How can GNE get away with not stopping at testos? Diverting x9 and x10 currently

This is my current comaint with GNE and is currently being investigated by other means. 

I use this bus daily from Testos to Middlesbrough. I pay £30 per week for a red and turquoise buzz fare valid between the 2 locations only on this service. When the bus is diverted away from Testos, quite often without being notified I find myself being diverted through Washington and or Houghton le Spring and end up being brought direct to Heworth. Now my weeks pass is not valid at Heworth as that is in purple zone. GNE do not have any other daytime service between Heworth and Testos. How do I get back to Testos? Do I get on a bus that's not diverted back towards Boro and beg the driver to let me on. Do I beg the driver on the 26 or 27 to let me on to go to Jarrow then change o to a 9.  Do I pay on the metro or the 558....what happens when I am on the final X10 back to Testos and get dumped at Heworth after 11pm.

Many questions. No answers. And no help. 

As i said this complaint has now gone to higher levels but I would be interested in other views.
LVK 404L
14 Nov 2018, 7:23 pm #106

(13 Nov 2018, 6:39 pm)idiot How can GNE get away with not stopping at testos? Diverting x9 and x10 currently

This is my current comaint with GNE and is currently being investigated by other means. 

I use this bus daily from Testos to Middlesbrough. I pay £30 per week for a red and turquoise buzz fare valid between the 2 locations only on this service. When the bus is diverted away from Testos, quite often without being notified I find myself being diverted through Washington and or Houghton le Spring and end up being brought direct to Heworth. Now my weeks pass is not valid at Heworth as that is in purple zone. GNE do not have any other daytime service between Heworth and Testos. How do I get back to Testos? Do I get on a bus that's not diverted back towards Boro and beg the driver to let me on. Do I beg the driver on the 26 or 27 to let me on to go to Jarrow then change o to a 9.  Do I pay on the metro or the 558....what happens when I am on the final X10 back to Testos and get dumped at Heworth after 11pm.

As i said this complaint has now gone to higher levels but I would be interested in other views.

Jamie M

Unregistered

14 Nov 2018, 7:27 pm #107
(14 Nov 2018, 7:23 pm)ifm001 This is my current comaint with GNE and is currently being investigated by other means. 

I think they are doing the right thing by regulating and diverting otherwise the service would remain late in traffic forever, but I think they should be obliged to add a free shuttle for people from heworth to testos if sent away. Provide some level of cover anyway.

Jamie M
14 Nov 2018, 7:27 pm #107

(14 Nov 2018, 7:23 pm)ifm001 This is my current comaint with GNE and is currently being investigated by other means. 

I think they are doing the right thing by regulating and diverting otherwise the service would remain late in traffic forever, but I think they should be obliged to add a free shuttle for people from heworth to testos if sent away. Provide some level of cover anyway.

Andreos1

14 Nov 2018, 7:59 pm #108

With the upcoming works in the area, I can imagine your situation is only going to get worse.
Have they said what their plans are?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Nov 2018, 7:59 pm #108

With the upcoming works in the area, I can imagine your situation is only going to get worse.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

S830OFT

14 Nov 2018, 8:10 pm #109
(14 Nov 2018, 7:59 pm)Andreos1 With the upcoming works in the area, I can imagine your situation is only going to get worse.

If you are travelling at Testos on a Evening or Sunday daytime there is always the option of service 35A. Also at Boldon the 9 to Dalton Park to change to a X10.

If its evening you can use the 35A as that runs until around 23:00.
Edited 14 Nov 2018, 8:12 pm by S830OFT.

S830OFT
14 Nov 2018, 8:10 pm #109

(14 Nov 2018, 7:59 pm)Andreos1 With the upcoming works in the area, I can imagine your situation is only going to get worse.

If you are travelling at Testos on a Evening or Sunday daytime there is always the option of service 35A. Also at Boldon the 9 to Dalton Park to change to a X10.

Jamie M

Unregistered

14 Nov 2018, 8:14 pm #110
(14 Nov 2018, 8:10 pm)S830OFT If you are travelling at Testos on a Evening or Sunday daytime there is always the option of service 35A. Also at Boldon the 9 to Dalton Park to change to a X10.

Most of the day isnt evening though, just so we're all clear on that fact

X10s also very rarely get diverted on evenings.
Jamie M
14 Nov 2018, 8:14 pm #110

(14 Nov 2018, 8:10 pm)S830OFT If you are travelling at Testos on a Evening or Sunday daytime there is always the option of service 35A. Also at Boldon the 9 to Dalton Park to change to a X10.

Most of the day isnt evening though, just so we're all clear on that fact

X10s also very rarely get diverted on evenings.

LVK 404L

14 Nov 2018, 8:28 pm #111
They have not said what will happen when the major roadworks start but I'm expecting fun and games. 

However those who are suggesting to get the 9 from Dalton Park to Boldon are missing the point. 

When the service is diverted with no notice and the drivers don't advise, we do not realise it is missing the stop until it is too late and the bus has left Dalton Park and more often than not goes through Washington. 

Also thus is not something rare. In the last 4 weeks this has probably happened 6 times to me alone. 

Also just going back to the 9..  That is swapping a 14 minute express service for a 40 minute stopping at every stop service.
LVK 404L
14 Nov 2018, 8:28 pm #111

They have not said what will happen when the major roadworks start but I'm expecting fun and games. 

However those who are suggesting to get the 9 from Dalton Park to Boldon are missing the point. 

When the service is diverted with no notice and the drivers don't advise, we do not realise it is missing the stop until it is too late and the bus has left Dalton Park and more often than not goes through Washington. 

Also thus is not something rare. In the last 4 weeks this has probably happened 6 times to me alone. 

Also just going back to the 9..  That is swapping a 14 minute express service for a 40 minute stopping at every stop service.

S830OFT

14 Nov 2018, 8:30 pm #112
(14 Nov 2018, 8:28 pm)ifm001 They have not said what will happen when the major roadworks start but I'm expecting fun and games. 

I think it's time the X3 or X36 was brought back!

S830OFT
14 Nov 2018, 8:30 pm #112

(14 Nov 2018, 8:28 pm)ifm001 They have not said what will happen when the major roadworks start but I'm expecting fun and games. 

I think it's time the X3 or X36 was brought back!

Jamie M

Unregistered

14 Nov 2018, 8:34 pm #113
(14 Nov 2018, 8:30 pm)S830OFT I think it's time the X3 or X36 was brought back!
No, nobody got on them ever.

Jamie M
14 Nov 2018, 8:34 pm #113

No, nobody got on them ever.

cbma06

14 Nov 2018, 8:39 pm #114
Wonder what happens to the passengers that are waiting for the X10 at Peterlee northbound slip road when the X9 is cancelled and the following X10 picks up on the X9 route in Peterlee at moorcock/bus station/essington way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
14 Nov 2018, 8:39 pm #114

Wonder what happens to the passengers that are waiting for the X10 at Peterlee northbound slip road when the X9 is cancelled and the following X10 picks up on the X9 route in Peterlee at moorcock/bus station/essington way?

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Nov 2018, 9:18 pm #115
(14 Nov 2018, 8:39 pm)cbma06 Wonder what happens to the passengers that are waiting for the X10 at Peterlee northbound slip road when the X9 is cancelled and the following X10 picks up on the X9 route in Peterlee at moorcock/bus station/essington way?

I suspect if an X9 hasn't turned up within 25 minutes of its scheduled departure time, most folk (for the very few passengers that do board at the slip road) would have the sense to spend the remaining 5 minutes walking down to The Moorcock to catch the X10 instead.
Dan
14 Nov 2018, 9:18 pm #115

(14 Nov 2018, 8:39 pm)cbma06 Wonder what happens to the passengers that are waiting for the X10 at Peterlee northbound slip road when the X9 is cancelled and the following X10 picks up on the X9 route in Peterlee at moorcock/bus station/essington way?

I suspect if an X9 hasn't turned up within 25 minutes of its scheduled departure time, most folk (for the very few passengers that do board at the slip road) would have the sense to spend the remaining 5 minutes walking down to The Moorcock to catch the X10 instead.

S830OFT

14 Nov 2018, 9:41 pm #116
(14 Nov 2018, 9:18 pm)Dan I suspect if an X9 hasn't turned up within 25 minutes of its scheduled departure time, most folk (for the very few passengers that do board at the slip road) would have the sense to spend the remaining 5 minutes walking down to The Moorcock to catch the X10 instead.

Isn't it the X10 that serves the slip road northbound? And I think what he means is if the X9 is cancelled and the X10 does the X9 route aswell what happens to the passengers waiting at the slip road?

S830OFT
14 Nov 2018, 9:41 pm #116

(14 Nov 2018, 9:18 pm)Dan I suspect if an X9 hasn't turned up within 25 minutes of its scheduled departure time, most folk (for the very few passengers that do board at the slip road) would have the sense to spend the remaining 5 minutes walking down to The Moorcock to catch the X10 instead.

Isn't it the X10 that serves the slip road northbound? And I think what he means is if the X9 is cancelled and the X10 does the X9 route aswell what happens to the passengers waiting at the slip road?

S813 FVK

14 Nov 2018, 9:45 pm #117
(14 Nov 2018, 9:41 pm)S830OFT Isn't it the X10 that serves the slip road northbound? And I think what he means is if the X9 is cancelled and the X10 does the X9 route aswell what happens to the passengers waiting at the slip road?

That is the exact scenario he has described, just with the route numbers the wrong way around. Although if they don't walk around, it pretty much suggests bad luck and you've got to wait an extra half an hour for the next bus to come.
Edited 14 Nov 2018, 9:50 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
14 Nov 2018, 9:45 pm #117

(14 Nov 2018, 9:41 pm)S830OFT Isn't it the X10 that serves the slip road northbound? And I think what he means is if the X9 is cancelled and the X10 does the X9 route aswell what happens to the passengers waiting at the slip road?

That is the exact scenario he has described, just with the route numbers the wrong way around. Although if they don't walk around, it pretty much suggests bad luck and you've got to wait an extra half an hour for the next bus to come.

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Nov 2018, 9:56 pm #118
(14 Nov 2018, 9:45 pm)S813 FVK That is the exact scenario he has described, just with the route numbers the wrong way around. Although if they don't walk around, it pretty much suggests bad luck and you've got to wait an extra half an hour for the next bus to come.

Nee pleasing some!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dan
14 Nov 2018, 9:56 pm #118

(14 Nov 2018, 9:45 pm)S813 FVK That is the exact scenario he has described, just with the route numbers the wrong way around. Although if they don't walk around, it pretty much suggests bad luck and you've got to wait an extra half an hour for the next bus to come.

Nee pleasing some!

Jamie M

Unregistered

14 Nov 2018, 9:57 pm #119
(14 Nov 2018, 9:56 pm)Dan Nee pleasing some!

Maybe this is why you can't get your X9/X10 shift in!!! Got to remember which route is which!

Jamie M
14 Nov 2018, 9:57 pm #119

(14 Nov 2018, 9:56 pm)Dan Nee pleasing some!

Maybe this is why you can't get your X9/X10 shift in!!! Got to remember which route is which!

JM03

14 Nov 2018, 11:11 pm #120

Might be costly but if stagecoach slightly altered the X24, it could stop there during the diversion maybe saying a little more time
JM03
14 Nov 2018, 11:11 pm #120

Might be costly but if stagecoach slightly altered the X24, it could stop there during the diversion maybe saying a little more time

Pages (10): Previous 15 6 710 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average