Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2018

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (13): Previous 1 2 3 413 Next
07 Dec 2018, 7:08 pm #41
(07 Dec 2018, 7:05 pm)ne14ne1 Annnoyingly when heading into central Newcastle the majority of drivers on the Fab56, CityLink58 and Angel21 seem to set the return destination before we reach the last or even second last stop, which has confused me on a few occasions nevermind any blind or visually impaired passengers.
Glad to hear the gap between the last stop name and ‘where this bus terminates’ has been reduced, although I rarely get to here it anyway.
They do that on the 49 as well, it's quite irritating when you're not paying attention and you think you forgot to get off at Gateshead

(07 Dec 2018, 7:04 pm)Jamie M Here's for your daily confused face moment if that wasn't enough.

[Image: 46220072441_de0078cc2d_o.jpg]? / ? - Wright Streetlite by Jamie GNE, on Flickr

Start guessing! Where's dan when you want something from him..
I must say, the Streetlite looks lovely in white
Edited 07 Dec 2018, 7:10 pm by streetdeckfan.
streetdeckfan
07 Dec 2018, 7:08 pm #41

(07 Dec 2018, 7:05 pm)ne14ne1 Annnoyingly when heading into central Newcastle the majority of drivers on the Fab56, CityLink58 and Angel21 seem to set the return destination before we reach the last or even second last stop, which has confused me on a few occasions nevermind any blind or visually impaired passengers.
Glad to hear the gap between the last stop name and ‘where this bus terminates’ has been reduced, although I rarely get to here it anyway.
They do that on the 49 as well, it's quite irritating when you're not paying attention and you think you forgot to get off at Gateshead

(07 Dec 2018, 7:04 pm)Jamie M Here's for your daily confused face moment if that wasn't enough.

[Image: 46220072441_de0078cc2d_o.jpg]? / ? - Wright Streetlite by Jamie GNE, on Flickr

I must say, the Streetlite looks lovely in white

pbjd

07 Dec 2018, 7:17 pm #42

Whose legals are on the side?
pbjd
07 Dec 2018, 7:17 pm #42

Whose legals are on the side?

Jamie M

Unregistered

07 Dec 2018, 7:19 pm #43
(07 Dec 2018, 7:17 pm)pbjd Whose legals are on the side?
Wrightbus.
Jamie M
07 Dec 2018, 7:19 pm #43

(07 Dec 2018, 7:17 pm)pbjd Whose legals are on the side?
Wrightbus.

pbjd

07 Dec 2018, 7:20 pm #44
(07 Dec 2018, 7:19 pm)Jamie M Wrightbus.

Might be a Euro6 Cummins demo.
pbjd
07 Dec 2018, 7:20 pm #44

(07 Dec 2018, 7:19 pm)Jamie M Wrightbus.

Might be a Euro6 Cummins demo.

07 Dec 2018, 7:33 pm #45
5249 seems abandoned at Dunston Monument with the hazards on.
streetdeckfan
07 Dec 2018, 7:33 pm #45

5249 seems abandoned at Dunston Monument with the hazards on.

Michael

07 Dec 2018, 7:52 pm #46
From the fleet news on the Go North East fleet news, Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6023 (V923 KGF) to be withdrawn. Similar 6030 (V330 LGC) has also been withdrawn from Deptford.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Dec 2018, 7:52 pm #46

From the fleet news on the Go North East fleet news, Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6023 (V923 KGF) to be withdrawn. Similar 6030 (V330 LGC) has also been withdrawn from Deptford.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jamie M

Unregistered

07 Dec 2018, 7:54 pm #47
(07 Dec 2018, 7:52 pm)Michael From the fleet news on the Go North East fleet news, Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6023 (V923 KGF) to be withdrawn. Similar 6030 (V330 LGC) has also been withdrawn from Deptford.
6010 still has flip dots on side and rear. They can't get rid of that as its required for my X21.

6017 has transferred to percy main.

6033 is down saltmeadows.
Jamie M
07 Dec 2018, 7:54 pm #47

(07 Dec 2018, 7:52 pm)Michael From the fleet news on the Go North East fleet news, Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6023 (V923 KGF) to be withdrawn. Similar 6030 (V330 LGC) has also been withdrawn from Deptford.
6010 still has flip dots on side and rear. They can't get rid of that as its required for my X21.

Malarkey

07 Dec 2018, 8:46 pm #48

I reckon it will see use at Riverside on there Streetlite operated services, seems to be a few missing on "The 49" recently with Solars covering.
Malarkey
07 Dec 2018, 8:46 pm #48

I reckon it will see use at Riverside on there Streetlite operated services, seems to be a few missing on "The 49" recently with Solars covering.

Jamie M

Unregistered

07 Dec 2018, 8:50 pm #49
(07 Dec 2018, 8:46 pm)Malarkey I reckon it will see use at Riverside on there Streetlite operated services, seems to be a few missing on "The 49" recently with Solars covering.

There's always something missing from somewhere. Normally one of everything somewhere round the depot throughout the day.

I can't see it being used to compare against an almost identical vehicle unless this offers some magical powers, which it may do. Only the man who tried to befriend a pigeon but ended miserably can confirm or deny though.

I would hope it would be for 94s and 97s at riverside for the summer so they can knock off those solars to the can factory.
Jamie M
07 Dec 2018, 8:50 pm #49

(07 Dec 2018, 8:46 pm)Malarkey I reckon it will see use at Riverside on there Streetlite operated services, seems to be a few missing on "The 49" recently with Solars covering.

There's always something missing from somewhere. Normally one of everything somewhere round the depot throughout the day.

I can't see it being used to compare against an almost identical vehicle unless this offers some magical powers, which it may do. Only the man who tried to befriend a pigeon but ended miserably can confirm or deny though.

I would hope it would be for 94s and 97s at riverside for the summer so they can knock off those solars to the can factory.

07 Dec 2018, 8:53 pm #50
(07 Dec 2018, 8:50 pm)Jamie M There's always something missing from somewhere. Normally one of everything somewhere round the depot throughout the day.

There's nowt wrong with the solars! They're just a bit rattly, but the ride is a heck of a lot smoother than the Streetlite. Give them a lick of paint and some leather and they'll be nicer than 90% of Arriva's fleet
streetdeckfan
07 Dec 2018, 8:53 pm #50

(07 Dec 2018, 8:50 pm)Jamie M There's always something missing from somewhere. Normally one of everything somewhere round the depot throughout the day.

There's nowt wrong with the solars! They're just a bit rattly, but the ride is a heck of a lot smoother than the Streetlite. Give them a lick of paint and some leather and they'll be nicer than 90% of Arriva's fleet

Jamie M

Unregistered

07 Dec 2018, 8:56 pm #51
(07 Dec 2018, 8:53 pm)streetdeckfan There's nowt wrong with the solars! They're just a bit rattly, but the ride is a heck of a lot smoother than the Streetlite. Give them a lick of paint and some leather and they'll be nicer than 90% of Arriva's fleet
Depends very much on the solar you speak of. 54 reg ones are fine, but the older ones do start to show their age.

I've always liked the streetlites as a passenger and now as a driver so I'm a bit biased here. Solars are passable for both in most cases, however some of those 54 plate ones are some of the best buses I've touched.
Jamie M
07 Dec 2018, 8:56 pm #51

(07 Dec 2018, 8:53 pm)streetdeckfan There's nowt wrong with the solars! They're just a bit rattly, but the ride is a heck of a lot smoother than the Streetlite. Give them a lick of paint and some leather and they'll be nicer than 90% of Arriva's fleet
Depends very much on the solar you speak of. 54 reg ones are fine, but the older ones do start to show their age.

I've always liked the streetlites as a passenger and now as a driver so I'm a bit biased here. Solars are passable for both in most cases, however some of those 54 plate ones are some of the best buses I've touched.

Malarkey

07 Dec 2018, 8:57 pm #52

From my sightings the last 2-3 weeks I have seen 2 or more Solars on the 49's
Malarkey
07 Dec 2018, 8:57 pm #52

From my sightings the last 2-3 weeks I have seen 2 or more Solars on the 49's

Jamie M

Unregistered

07 Dec 2018, 9:00 pm #53
(07 Dec 2018, 8:57 pm)Malarkey From my sightings the last 2-3 weeks I have seen 2 or more Solars on the 49's
5390 has also spent a lot of time on it too. I can't really see anything that the company would be investing in to replace aside from aged loud rattly solars though.
Jamie M
07 Dec 2018, 9:00 pm #53

(07 Dec 2018, 8:57 pm)Malarkey From my sightings the last 2-3 weeks I have seen 2 or more Solars on the 49's
5390 has also spent a lot of time on it too. I can't really see anything that the company would be investing in to replace aside from aged loud rattly solars though.

07 Dec 2018, 9:04 pm #54
(07 Dec 2018, 8:56 pm)Jamie M Depends very much on the solar you speak of. 54 reg ones are fine, but the older ones do start to show their age.

It was said in jest but now I come to think about it, it's not that untrue
I think the Streetlite suits services like the 49 perfectly because the roads are half decent, but the 45/46 feels like you're going to shatter.
Same with the Streetdecks, they're great for the 21, but with the X21 the engine noise is borderline unbearable on the motoroway, in my opinion anyway.
streetdeckfan
07 Dec 2018, 9:04 pm #54

(07 Dec 2018, 8:56 pm)Jamie M Depends very much on the solar you speak of. 54 reg ones are fine, but the older ones do start to show their age.

It was said in jest but now I come to think about it, it's not that untrue
I think the Streetlite suits services like the 49 perfectly because the roads are half decent, but the 45/46 feels like you're going to shatter.
Same with the Streetdecks, they're great for the 21, but with the X21 the engine noise is borderline unbearable on the motoroway, in my opinion anyway.

Jamie M

Unregistered

07 Dec 2018, 9:07 pm #55
(07 Dec 2018, 9:04 pm)streetdeckfan It was said in jest but now I come to think about it, it's not that untrue

I think the engines generally were an undesirable choice for those streetdecks. The angels run so much smoother even on the bishop runs.

Anything that goes through stanley daily ends up like that. Every single stanley bus rattles without exception. Potholes for you. I can very easily see streetdecks on the kites in a year or two. A healthy set of services.

How long is it before those pesky forum mods get irritated that I've started a nested order predictions thread!
Jamie M
07 Dec 2018, 9:07 pm #55

(07 Dec 2018, 9:04 pm)streetdeckfan It was said in jest but now I come to think about it, it's not that untrue

I think the engines generally were an undesirable choice for those streetdecks. The angels run so much smoother even on the bishop runs.

Anything that goes through stanley daily ends up like that. Every single stanley bus rattles without exception. Potholes for you. I can very easily see streetdecks on the kites in a year or two. A healthy set of services.

How long is it before those pesky forum mods get irritated that I've started a nested order predictions thread!

07 Dec 2018, 9:11 pm #56
(07 Dec 2018, 9:07 pm)Jamie M I think the engines generally were an undesirable choice for those streetdecks. The angels run so much smoother even on the bishop runs.

I think the angels are just an all round better bus, not that the x21s are necessarily bad, I'd take them over the X9/10 any day of the week, it's just the angel feels more composed and a little smoother in the ride, although the better seats probably help
streetdeckfan
07 Dec 2018, 9:11 pm #56

(07 Dec 2018, 9:07 pm)Jamie M I think the engines generally were an undesirable choice for those streetdecks. The angels run so much smoother even on the bishop runs.

I think the angels are just an all round better bus, not that the x21s are necessarily bad, I'd take them over the X9/10 any day of the week, it's just the angel feels more composed and a little smoother in the ride, although the better seats probably help

Boggle

07 Dec 2018, 9:12 pm #57
(07 Dec 2018, 7:54 pm)Jamie M 6010 still has flip dots on side and rear. They can't get rid of that as its required for my X21.

You must have really upset someone to get stuck with those V-reg Presidents every day.  Wink  

Out of interest, what is the fallback if 6010 is ever unavailable?

I know you have said that your board needs a bus with a ramp.  I'm guessing the recent 69xx arrivals don't have ramps, so shouldn't be used?
Boggle
07 Dec 2018, 9:12 pm #57

(07 Dec 2018, 7:54 pm)Jamie M 6010 still has flip dots on side and rear. They can't get rid of that as its required for my X21.

You must have really upset someone to get stuck with those V-reg Presidents every day.  Wink  

I know you have said that your board needs a bus with a ramp.  I'm guessing the recent 69xx arrivals don't have ramps, so shouldn't be used?

Jamie M

Unregistered

07 Dec 2018, 9:16 pm #58
(07 Dec 2018, 9:12 pm)Boggle You must have really upset someone to get stuck with those V-reg Presidents every day.  Wink  

Middle door ones.
3965 is used on 1620 by rule.
Anything and I mean literally anything is used with a front door ramp on mine. More often than not its a V reg because they wont touch service work but can be a B9 if there's one spare.

6084 was meant to be yesterday's but things went pear shape with a decker needing to be elsewhere.

6010 is fine but somethings up with it. I'll not go into any detail. Solid bus to drive and much better than 6017 but not exactly healthy.

It's also by rule that I will have a front ramp for eldon square and I've turned down fast warm buses for that run purely because of the middle door because it causes chaos if anyone wants the ramp at the bus station. It's different to if say one is already allocated to a public service to a scholars service where the bus is at the depot and can be swapped out for something else there and then.

Only had a dual door the once on the first day I ran it and not since.
Jamie M
07 Dec 2018, 9:16 pm #58

(07 Dec 2018, 9:12 pm)Boggle You must have really upset someone to get stuck with those V-reg Presidents every day.  Wink  

Middle door ones.
Anything and I mean literally anything is used with a front door ramp on mine. More often than not its a V reg because they wont touch service work but can be a B9 if there's one spare.

6084 was meant to be yesterday's but things went pear shape with a decker needing to be elsewhere.

6010 is fine but somethings up with it. I'll not go into any detail. Solid bus to drive and much better than 6017 but not exactly healthy.

It's also by rule that I will have a front ramp for eldon square and I've turned down fast warm buses for that run purely because of the middle door because it causes chaos if anyone wants the ramp at the bus station. It's different to if say one is already allocated to a public service to a scholars service where the bus is at the depot and can be swapped out for something else there and then.

Only had a dual door the once on the first day I ran it and not since.

Boggle

07 Dec 2018, 9:20 pm #59
(07 Dec 2018, 9:16 pm)Jamie M Middle door ones.

6010 is okay but somethings up with it. I'll not go into any detail. Solid bus to drive and much better than 6017 but not exactly healthy.

Thanks for that.

3965 does seem very reliable on the 16:20 run, it hasn't missed a night in weeks.
Boggle
07 Dec 2018, 9:20 pm #59

(07 Dec 2018, 9:16 pm)Jamie M Middle door ones.

6010 is okay but somethings up with it. I'll not go into any detail. Solid bus to drive and much better than 6017 but not exactly healthy.

Thanks for that.

3965 does seem very reliable on the 16:20 run, it hasn't missed a night in weeks.

Jamie M

Unregistered

07 Dec 2018, 9:22 pm #60
(07 Dec 2018, 9:20 pm)Boggle Thanks for that.

It's a good warm bus. Somebody would have to crash into it or requiring PSV tests for it to be missing. It gets used for 4 hours a day max so is working at fraction of a bus of its ability.
Jamie M
07 Dec 2018, 9:22 pm #60

(07 Dec 2018, 9:20 pm)Boggle Thanks for that.

It's a good warm bus. Somebody would have to crash into it or requiring PSV tests for it to be missing. It gets used for 4 hours a day max so is working at fraction of a bus of its ability.

Pages (13): Previous 1 2 3 413 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average