Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Reversing the decline in passenger numbers

Reversing the decline in passenger numbers

Reversing the decline in passenger numbers

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (29) Previous 114 15 1629 Next
Rob44

11 Oct 2021, 7:48 am #281
(10 Oct 2021, 8:41 pm)Andreos1 It needs to be imo, otherwise any growth from lower fares would only be temporary.
The changes to fares and the network could make numbers sustainable longer term, reversing the trends seen for decades.

I hate to disagree with you Andreos and this is only from a personal perspective but if i could get to and from work.... about a 3-4 mile journey for say £10 a week i would actually put up with the waiting around, dirty buses, noisy kids and bad weather. Its the fact that if i were to buy singles it would cost me almost £10 per day and if i got a day ticket it would cost me £25 + per week. Especially with the cost of petrol! Obviuosly a direct bus to where i work would make it even more enticing but for me, and a quick poll in my office suggests the current cost of bus travel even when you purchase weekly and 4 weekly tickets puts people off
Rob44
11 Oct 2021, 7:48 am #281

(10 Oct 2021, 8:41 pm)Andreos1 It needs to be imo, otherwise any growth from lower fares would only be temporary.
The changes to fares and the network could make numbers sustainable longer term, reversing the trends seen for decades.

I hate to disagree with you Andreos and this is only from a personal perspective but if i could get to and from work.... about a 3-4 mile journey for say £10 a week i would actually put up with the waiting around, dirty buses, noisy kids and bad weather. Its the fact that if i were to buy singles it would cost me almost £10 per day and if i got a day ticket it would cost me £25 + per week. Especially with the cost of petrol! Obviuosly a direct bus to where i work would make it even more enticing but for me, and a quick poll in my office suggests the current cost of bus travel even when you purchase weekly and 4 weekly tickets puts people off

11 Oct 2021, 8:10 am #282
(11 Oct 2021, 7:48 am)Rob44 I hate to disagree with you Andreos and this is only from a personal perspective but if i could get to and from work.... about a 3-4 mile journey for say £10 a week i would actually put up with the waiting around, dirty buses, noisy kids and bad weather. Its the fact that if i were to buy singles it would cost me almost £10 per day and if i got a day ticket it would cost me £25 + per week. Especially with the cost of petrol! Obviuosly a direct bus to where i work would make it even more enticing but for me, and a quick poll in my office suggests the current cost of bus travel even when you purchase weekly and 4 weekly tickets puts people off
It really depends on where you live and work, if you travel in one 'zone', the prices are reasonable, if you travel from the end of one zone to the end of another, it's also reasonable. It's when you're in the middle that it gets pricey.

For me in Bishop, most of my travel is to Newcastle/Gateshead areas, so that's at least a 60 mile round trip. For that the bus actually works out fairly similar to the cost of fuel. The only 'expensive' part is the time it takes - 2 hours by bus, 30-40 mins by car.

For a friend living in High Spen and working in the MetroCentre, it costs them £2.70 a day, which is a fair price imo.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
11 Oct 2021, 8:10 am #282

(11 Oct 2021, 7:48 am)Rob44 I hate to disagree with you Andreos and this is only from a personal perspective but if i could get to and from work.... about a 3-4 mile journey for say £10 a week i would actually put up with the waiting around, dirty buses, noisy kids and bad weather. Its the fact that if i were to buy singles it would cost me almost £10 per day and if i got a day ticket it would cost me £25 + per week. Especially with the cost of petrol! Obviuosly a direct bus to where i work would make it even more enticing but for me, and a quick poll in my office suggests the current cost of bus travel even when you purchase weekly and 4 weekly tickets puts people off
It really depends on where you live and work, if you travel in one 'zone', the prices are reasonable, if you travel from the end of one zone to the end of another, it's also reasonable. It's when you're in the middle that it gets pricey.

For me in Bishop, most of my travel is to Newcastle/Gateshead areas, so that's at least a 60 mile round trip. For that the bus actually works out fairly similar to the cost of fuel. The only 'expensive' part is the time it takes - 2 hours by bus, 30-40 mins by car.

For a friend living in High Spen and working in the MetroCentre, it costs them £2.70 a day, which is a fair price imo.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Andreos1

11 Oct 2021, 9:29 am #283

That's the thing. For some who live 3-4miles and there is a direct route, it may be a viable alternative. For those needing 2/3 buses to get to work and the same back, it's not going to be an alternative - particularly if the car is not only quicker/direct, but the journey significantly shorter too.

I don't believe the vast majority of people live and work within a 3/4 mile radius and for the majority of those commuting to/from work, I reckon the lack of public transport impacts on their mode of transport. Just look at the major employment sites and the transport connectivity in those areas.

I agree pricing is a major factor. That goes without saying. I do think it is just part of the fix though.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
11 Oct 2021, 9:29 am #283

That's the thing. For some who live 3-4miles and there is a direct route, it may be a viable alternative. For those needing 2/3 buses to get to work and the same back, it's not going to be an alternative - particularly if the car is not only quicker/direct, but the journey significantly shorter too.

I don't believe the vast majority of people live and work within a 3/4 mile radius and for the majority of those commuting to/from work, I reckon the lack of public transport impacts on their mode of transport. Just look at the major employment sites and the transport connectivity in those areas.

I agree pricing is a major factor. That goes without saying. I do think it is just part of the fix though.

Rob44

11 Oct 2021, 10:14 am #284
(11 Oct 2021, 9:29 am)Andreos1 That's the thing. For some who live 3-4miles and there is a direct route, it may be a viable alternative. For those needing 2/3 buses to get to work and the same back, it's not going to be an alternative - particularly if the car is not only quicker/direct, but the journey significantly shorter too.

I've long said that people just use buses out of necessity. no access to car use the bus. Getting drunk use the bus.  Streetdeck fan often says he prefers the bus to car but i believe he is learning to drive. Once hes done this and gets himself a motor he'll think why was i making 2 hour journeys when i can sit here  in elegance and do the journey in less then half the time"!  I know that was me before I got a car!!
Rob44
11 Oct 2021, 10:14 am #284

(11 Oct 2021, 9:29 am)Andreos1 That's the thing. For some who live 3-4miles and there is a direct route, it may be a viable alternative. For those needing 2/3 buses to get to work and the same back, it's not going to be an alternative - particularly if the car is not only quicker/direct, but the journey significantly shorter too.

I've long said that people just use buses out of necessity. no access to car use the bus. Getting drunk use the bus.  Streetdeck fan often says he prefers the bus to car but i believe he is learning to drive. Once hes done this and gets himself a motor he'll think why was i making 2 hour journeys when i can sit here  in elegance and do the journey in less then half the time"!  I know that was me before I got a car!!

11 Oct 2021, 4:17 pm #285
(11 Oct 2021, 10:14 am)Rob44 I've long said that people just use buses out of necessity. no access to car use the bus. Getting drunk use the bus.  Streetdeck fan often says he prefers the bus to car but i believe he is learning to drive. Once hes done this and gets himself a motor he'll think why was i making 2 hour journeys when i can sit here  in elegance and do the journey in less then half the time"!  I know that was me before I got a car!!

See, I honestly don't believe that would be the case, mainly because I don't see the time I spend on a bus as a 'waste'. While I do spend a lot longer on the bus, that time is usable to get some work done. So, in my eyes, I'm being paid to travel by bus, whereas that 40 or so minutes that I would spend sitting in a car would be 'wasted'.

The other thing is the cost. At the minute, it's considerably cheaper for me to travel by bus (to places I'd want to visit anyway!). Maybe in a year and a half when I can no longer take advantage of the 5-25 tickets, that will change.
streetdeckfan
11 Oct 2021, 4:17 pm #285

(11 Oct 2021, 10:14 am)Rob44 I've long said that people just use buses out of necessity. no access to car use the bus. Getting drunk use the bus.  Streetdeck fan often says he prefers the bus to car but i believe he is learning to drive. Once hes done this and gets himself a motor he'll think why was i making 2 hour journeys when i can sit here  in elegance and do the journey in less then half the time"!  I know that was me before I got a car!!

See, I honestly don't believe that would be the case, mainly because I don't see the time I spend on a bus as a 'waste'. While I do spend a lot longer on the bus, that time is usable to get some work done. So, in my eyes, I'm being paid to travel by bus, whereas that 40 or so minutes that I would spend sitting in a car would be 'wasted'.

The other thing is the cost. At the minute, it's considerably cheaper for me to travel by bus (to places I'd want to visit anyway!). Maybe in a year and a half when I can no longer take advantage of the 5-25 tickets, that will change.

DeltaMan

11 Oct 2021, 6:01 pm #286
It’s been said many times that you can’t force people to use the bus. But one thing being missed is human nature itself.

When it comes down to it, would you rather drive yourself somewhere or share that space with other people you don’t know at a time not of your choosing?

I’ve personally been fortunate that I’ve lived in a relatively good area for public transport with frequent bus services that I can use. They obviously take longer than I’d like, but as I walk to work and use the bus for leisure, time is not important to me. However, it is to others.

I have a friend that lives just outside a semi- rural market town in a new build estate. He works from home and travels to the office 2/3 days a week. He has driven all his life. At the very end of his back garden he has a gate with a bus stop less than 2 minutes away. The buses from that stop operate four times an hour to within 5 minutes walk of his place of work. Two buses an hour via a quick route and two an hour via a slightly longer route.

He can buy a ticket valid on any 5 days in a month for just £19, perfect for his scenario. He can keep his car for the random trips he makes to play football or snooker. But he won’t use the bus for work, despite it being a viable option. Why? He told me he’d have to get out of bed 30 minutes earlier as he “knows what the traffic is like”. He and other like him are causing that traffic he is complaining about!

He isn’t the only one. I have family member that works from home 5 days a week. She lives on a bus route operating every 15 minutes to the place she does her shopping and makes use of the local services. £1.70 each way that would cost her and it would take around 20 minutes, but she uses the car instead! This is because she does her weekly shop there, so she can’t drag an ALDI trolley laden with goods on to the bus!

Two non-scientific real world examples of where a bus is clearly a genuinely viable option for the actual main journey being made, but for different reasons the people involved would rather drive.

If that sort of thing is happening where bus services are comparatively decent and at an affordable price, what hope is there of persuading long term car users travelling to and from areas where the bus service is not so good at present?
DeltaMan
11 Oct 2021, 6:01 pm #286

It’s been said many times that you can’t force people to use the bus. But one thing being missed is human nature itself.

When it comes down to it, would you rather drive yourself somewhere or share that space with other people you don’t know at a time not of your choosing?

I’ve personally been fortunate that I’ve lived in a relatively good area for public transport with frequent bus services that I can use. They obviously take longer than I’d like, but as I walk to work and use the bus for leisure, time is not important to me. However, it is to others.

I have a friend that lives just outside a semi- rural market town in a new build estate. He works from home and travels to the office 2/3 days a week. He has driven all his life. At the very end of his back garden he has a gate with a bus stop less than 2 minutes away. The buses from that stop operate four times an hour to within 5 minutes walk of his place of work. Two buses an hour via a quick route and two an hour via a slightly longer route.

He can buy a ticket valid on any 5 days in a month for just £19, perfect for his scenario. He can keep his car for the random trips he makes to play football or snooker. But he won’t use the bus for work, despite it being a viable option. Why? He told me he’d have to get out of bed 30 minutes earlier as he “knows what the traffic is like”. He and other like him are causing that traffic he is complaining about!

He isn’t the only one. I have family member that works from home 5 days a week. She lives on a bus route operating every 15 minutes to the place she does her shopping and makes use of the local services. £1.70 each way that would cost her and it would take around 20 minutes, but she uses the car instead! This is because she does her weekly shop there, so she can’t drag an ALDI trolley laden with goods on to the bus!

Two non-scientific real world examples of where a bus is clearly a genuinely viable option for the actual main journey being made, but for different reasons the people involved would rather drive.

If that sort of thing is happening where bus services are comparatively decent and at an affordable price, what hope is there of persuading long term car users travelling to and from areas where the bus service is not so good at present?

11 Oct 2021, 6:49 pm #287
(11 Oct 2021, 6:01 pm)DeltaMan It’s been said many times that you can’t force people to use the bus. But one thing being missed is human nature itself.

I'm lucky that at my current place basically everything I need is within walking distance, so I could easily get by without a car, and for most things I don't even need to catch a bus. But here I have a half-hourly service to Newcastle and allegedly a 15 minute frequency to Durham.

I'm also probably unusual in the fact that I chose to move 30 miles away from basically all my friends, but the thought of bumping into people I knew from school just made me feel physically sick! (I basically moved as far as I could while staying on GNE's network)
So, since family, friends and basically anything fun is back up north, I travel up regularly for only £4.50 a day (£5.90 if I leave Newcastle after 4pm!)

To match that price with a car, I'd have to have a car that did 80mpg, and was free to own, insure and tax!

So, in my rather unusual circumstance, travelling by bus isn't just 'comparatively decent', it's the logical option!

Going back to a friend that works in the Metrocentre, she was quite happy travelling by bus to work and back until recently, when reliability went to shit. She's been late for work countless times because buses either haven't run or have run late, to the point where she's considering taking driving lessons.

Another friend lives in Jarrow and works in Newcastle city centre, she could get the Metro to work, but she chooses to torture herself and drive into and out of Newcastle at rush hour because it's less torture than using the Metro!
streetdeckfan
11 Oct 2021, 6:49 pm #287

(11 Oct 2021, 6:01 pm)DeltaMan It’s been said many times that you can’t force people to use the bus. But one thing being missed is human nature itself.

I'm lucky that at my current place basically everything I need is within walking distance, so I could easily get by without a car, and for most things I don't even need to catch a bus. But here I have a half-hourly service to Newcastle and allegedly a 15 minute frequency to Durham.

I'm also probably unusual in the fact that I chose to move 30 miles away from basically all my friends, but the thought of bumping into people I knew from school just made me feel physically sick! (I basically moved as far as I could while staying on GNE's network)
So, since family, friends and basically anything fun is back up north, I travel up regularly for only £4.50 a day (£5.90 if I leave Newcastle after 4pm!)

To match that price with a car, I'd have to have a car that did 80mpg, and was free to own, insure and tax!

So, in my rather unusual circumstance, travelling by bus isn't just 'comparatively decent', it's the logical option!

Going back to a friend that works in the Metrocentre, she was quite happy travelling by bus to work and back until recently, when reliability went to shit. She's been late for work countless times because buses either haven't run or have run late, to the point where she's considering taking driving lessons.

Another friend lives in Jarrow and works in Newcastle city centre, she could get the Metro to work, but she chooses to torture herself and drive into and out of Newcastle at rush hour because it's less torture than using the Metro!

BusLoverMum

11 Oct 2021, 9:32 pm #288
The reduction in services was quite visible when we popped into Newcastle, this morning. Eldon square bus station was quite empty.
BusLoverMum
11 Oct 2021, 9:32 pm #288

The reduction in services was quite visible when we popped into Newcastle, this morning. Eldon square bus station was quite empty.

11 Oct 2021, 10:45 pm #289
(11 Oct 2021, 9:32 pm)BusLoverMum The reduction in services was quite visible when we popped into Newcastle, this morning. Eldon square bus station was quite empty.

It was very quiet when I was there last week as well. It felt quite deserted seeing a good 3/4 of the stands empty. I'm used to seeing buses literally queuing to get in!

I had a right carry on getting from Eldon Square to Metrocentre. I had to wait quite a while for a bus because an X45 or X46 was cancelled (might have been both, wouldn't surprise me), the 10/A/B/C/D I was planning on getting never turned up, the one after turned up late and just dawdled on the way there.

Speaking of buses dawdling, the same friend ended up being late for work a week or so back because the 10A managed turn up late at High Spen despite it leaving Blackhall Mill on time.
I can't remember the exact timings but when I looked at Bus Times at the time it took them nearly 10 minutes to get up Mill Road, which would normally take 3-4 minutes, then spent 10 minutes doing the loop around the river streets, which would once again should only take 5 minutes. By the time it got to High Spen it was running 10 minutes late, and she ended up getting to Metrocentre about 25 minutes late. She said there was very little traffic on the route, it was just the driver going slow.
streetdeckfan
11 Oct 2021, 10:45 pm #289

(11 Oct 2021, 9:32 pm)BusLoverMum The reduction in services was quite visible when we popped into Newcastle, this morning. Eldon square bus station was quite empty.

It was very quiet when I was there last week as well. It felt quite deserted seeing a good 3/4 of the stands empty. I'm used to seeing buses literally queuing to get in!

I had a right carry on getting from Eldon Square to Metrocentre. I had to wait quite a while for a bus because an X45 or X46 was cancelled (might have been both, wouldn't surprise me), the 10/A/B/C/D I was planning on getting never turned up, the one after turned up late and just dawdled on the way there.

Speaking of buses dawdling, the same friend ended up being late for work a week or so back because the 10A managed turn up late at High Spen despite it leaving Blackhall Mill on time.
I can't remember the exact timings but when I looked at Bus Times at the time it took them nearly 10 minutes to get up Mill Road, which would normally take 3-4 minutes, then spent 10 minutes doing the loop around the river streets, which would once again should only take 5 minutes. By the time it got to High Spen it was running 10 minutes late, and she ended up getting to Metrocentre about 25 minutes late. She said there was very little traffic on the route, it was just the driver going slow.

Andreos1

31 Oct 2021, 4:16 pm #290
https://tribunemag.co.uk/2021/10/glasgow...und-london

An interesting article on transport integration in Glasgow and how it can apparently happen when there's a big conference going on.

Andreos1
31 Oct 2021, 4:16 pm #290

https://tribunemag.co.uk/2021/10/glasgow...und-london

An interesting article on transport integration in Glasgow and how it can apparently happen when there's a big conference going on.

MurdnunoC

31 Oct 2021, 4:39 pm #291
(31 Oct 2021, 4:16 pm)Andreos1 https://tribunemag.co.uk/2021/10/glasgow...und-london

Providing people can actually get there by public transport. Not going well on the railways today.
MurdnunoC
31 Oct 2021, 4:39 pm #291

(31 Oct 2021, 4:16 pm)Andreos1 https://tribunemag.co.uk/2021/10/glasgow...und-london

Providing people can actually get there by public transport. Not going well on the railways today.

L469 YVK

31 Oct 2021, 6:12 pm #292
(11 Oct 2021, 10:45 pm)streetdeckfan Speaking of buses dawdling, the same friend ended up being late for work a week or so back because the 10A managed turn up late at High Spen despite it leaving Blackhall Mill on time.
Driver might well have had a legit excuse sush as a delivery vehicle, car etc blocking the road beetween Blackhall Mill & High Spen or even several cyclists etc. Or the bus was in limp mode and had a fault.

However, deliberately dawdling / toading (not doing speed where road & traffic conditions allow) is unacceptable and GNE would no doubt nip it in the bud if they noticed a pattern.

Happened several times for me but mostly Arriva. One of them being around the X21/X22 Sapphire launch day back in 2014. Slow X22 driver in a new 7524 on way to town & running late. Massive queue for the outbound X21 towards Ashington in the Haymarket when the bus pulled in.
L469 YVK
31 Oct 2021, 6:12 pm #292

(11 Oct 2021, 10:45 pm)streetdeckfan Speaking of buses dawdling, the same friend ended up being late for work a week or so back because the 10A managed turn up late at High Spen despite it leaving Blackhall Mill on time.
Driver might well have had a legit excuse sush as a delivery vehicle, car etc blocking the road beetween Blackhall Mill & High Spen or even several cyclists etc. Or the bus was in limp mode and had a fault.

However, deliberately dawdling / toading (not doing speed where road & traffic conditions allow) is unacceptable and GNE would no doubt nip it in the bud if they noticed a pattern.

Happened several times for me but mostly Arriva. One of them being around the X21/X22 Sapphire launch day back in 2014. Slow X22 driver in a new 7524 on way to town & running late. Massive queue for the outbound X21 towards Ashington in the Haymarket when the bus pulled in.

Adrian

31 Oct 2021, 6:55 pm #293

It's amazing what is possible when there's political will and desire. Let's hope the same is present at COP26.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
31 Oct 2021, 6:55 pm #293

It's amazing what is possible when there's political will and desire. Let's hope the same is present at COP26.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

02 Dec 2021, 4:14 pm #294
https://twitter.com/NELiveTraffic/status...-U5v4N_KvA&s=19

Where are the cars going? Where are they coming from? What public transport allows them to make that same journey? If there is any - what are the time differences?

Or is it all about bus priority measures and forcing the car users on to public transport?

Andreos1
02 Dec 2021, 4:14 pm #294

https://twitter.com/NELiveTraffic/status...-U5v4N_KvA&s=19

Where are the cars going? Where are they coming from? What public transport allows them to make that same journey? If there is any - what are the time differences?

Or is it all about bus priority measures and forcing the car users on to public transport?

Charles41

02 Dec 2021, 7:54 pm #295
And look at all that empty space at Heworth Interchange. Coming up to rush hour when services should be at peak but not a single bus waiting.

Charles
Charles41
02 Dec 2021, 7:54 pm #295

And look at all that empty space at Heworth Interchange. Coming up to rush hour when services should be at peak but not a single bus waiting.

Charles

03 Dec 2021, 1:52 am #296
Even if those drivers were driving to and from a place on a frequent bus/Metro route, it's not as binary as saying "you should get the bus or Metro instead"... until a time when catching a train further than Chester-le-Street or Morpeth is cheaper than driving, when it doesn't take two bus journeys to travel three miles to a friend's house, or when it isn't awkward (for those not within 5 miles of each!) to get to the Silverlink, MetroCentre or Dalton Park for a bit of retail therapy then barely anyone will switch from car to bus. 

When you get a car, you probably won't have enough money for the weekly or monthly ticket that can only be used in the areas you're commuting to and from. People can't afford both, and the car will always win because that's what gets them around after their commutes.
omnicity4659
03 Dec 2021, 1:52 am #296

Even if those drivers were driving to and from a place on a frequent bus/Metro route, it's not as binary as saying "you should get the bus or Metro instead"... until a time when catching a train further than Chester-le-Street or Morpeth is cheaper than driving, when it doesn't take two bus journeys to travel three miles to a friend's house, or when it isn't awkward (for those not within 5 miles of each!) to get to the Silverlink, MetroCentre or Dalton Park for a bit of retail therapy then barely anyone will switch from car to bus. 

When you get a car, you probably won't have enough money for the weekly or monthly ticket that can only be used in the areas you're commuting to and from. People can't afford both, and the car will always win because that's what gets them around after their commutes.

03 Dec 2021, 6:59 am #297
(02 Dec 2021, 4:14 pm)Andreos1 https://twitter.com/NELiveTraffic/status...-U5v4N_KvA&s=19

To be honest, even as an avid bus user, if I had to choose between sitting on a packed bus or sitting in traffic in a car, I probably would choose to sit in traffic.

If there's one thing I hate more than sitting in traffic, it's having someone sit next to me on the bus.

If I need to be somewhere at peak times, I'll usually just travel there early and sit in Spoons for an hour or two to avoid it. But I suppose those that only those who work from home have that luxury!
streetdeckfan
03 Dec 2021, 6:59 am #297

(02 Dec 2021, 4:14 pm)Andreos1 https://twitter.com/NELiveTraffic/status...-U5v4N_KvA&s=19

To be honest, even as an avid bus user, if I had to choose between sitting on a packed bus or sitting in traffic in a car, I probably would choose to sit in traffic.

If there's one thing I hate more than sitting in traffic, it's having someone sit next to me on the bus.

If I need to be somewhere at peak times, I'll usually just travel there early and sit in Spoons for an hour or two to avoid it. But I suppose those that only those who work from home have that luxury!

DeltaMan

03 Dec 2021, 7:32 am #298
(03 Dec 2021, 6:59 am)streetdeckfan To be honest, even as an avid bus user, if I had to choose between sitting on a packed bus or sitting in traffic in a car, I probably would choose to sit in traffic.

I've seen polling which states 62% of car users won't switch to public transport for this very reason.
DeltaMan
03 Dec 2021, 7:32 am #298

(03 Dec 2021, 6:59 am)streetdeckfan To be honest, even as an avid bus user, if I had to choose between sitting on a packed bus or sitting in traffic in a car, I probably would choose to sit in traffic.

I've seen polling which states 62% of car users won't switch to public transport for this very reason.

03 Dec 2021, 7:56 am #299
(03 Dec 2021, 7:32 am)DeltaMan I've seen polling which states 62% of car users won't switch to public transport for this very reason.

I'm surprised it's that low tbh!

I know it's not just me that keeps their bag on the seat next to them until there are literally no seats left on the bus and they have to give it up, and even then I do it reluctantly.
streetdeckfan
03 Dec 2021, 7:56 am #299

(03 Dec 2021, 7:32 am)DeltaMan I've seen polling which states 62% of car users won't switch to public transport for this very reason.

I'm surprised it's that low tbh!

I know it's not just me that keeps their bag on the seat next to them until there are literally no seats left on the bus and they have to give it up, and even then I do it reluctantly.

Rob44

03 Dec 2021, 8:23 am #300

You've changed your tune. You got most of your work for the day done at one of the x21 tables?!
Rob44
03 Dec 2021, 8:23 am #300

You've changed your tune. You got most of your work for the day done at one of the x21 tables?!

Pages (29) Previous 114 15 1629 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average