Menu

North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates A personal message from North East Buses

A personal message from North East Buses

A personal message from North East Buses

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

25 Feb 2013, 6:55 pm #1
A personal message from North East Buses -

It is with deep regret that we have lost a valued contributor to The Bygone Era today.

Yesterday evening, it became apparent that the photos we were hosting in The Bygone Era belonged to other bus enthusiasts. Our member who donated the photos insisted that they were from a bought collection he has owned for many years.

This put the Forum Team in a very difficult situation, and eventually we chose to remove all photos from the site. Our member who donated these photos was not pleased with this decision, which we can appreciate; and he subsequently asked us to remove all of his content from the site, with which we duly complied. As such, The Bygone Era has now been hidden until a time when his content can be removed. When the section goes live again, all of the original timetable PDF’s that were supplied by myself will continue to be available.

It is very unfortunate that there are people out there who take utmost delight in taking peoples photos without permission and sell them on to innocent people. We are saddened that we have lost such a valued member today because of people who steal.

We hope you can appreciate the difficult situation that this put us in yesterday; and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

At this time, we’d like to thank all members for their continued support of North East Buses. We’ll always strive to rise above challenges such as these and continue to provide members with the site that they want and the ability to express themselves in forums they can feel a valued part of.

Best regards,

The Forum Team (North East Buses)
NEB Admin Team
25 Feb 2013, 6:55 pm #1

A personal message from North East Buses -

It is with deep regret that we have lost a valued contributor to The Bygone Era today.

Yesterday evening, it became apparent that the photos we were hosting in The Bygone Era belonged to other bus enthusiasts. Our member who donated the photos insisted that they were from a bought collection he has owned for many years.

This put the Forum Team in a very difficult situation, and eventually we chose to remove all photos from the site. Our member who donated these photos was not pleased with this decision, which we can appreciate; and he subsequently asked us to remove all of his content from the site, with which we duly complied. As such, The Bygone Era has now been hidden until a time when his content can be removed. When the section goes live again, all of the original timetable PDF’s that were supplied by myself will continue to be available.

It is very unfortunate that there are people out there who take utmost delight in taking peoples photos without permission and sell them on to innocent people. We are saddened that we have lost such a valued member today because of people who steal.

We hope you can appreciate the difficult situation that this put us in yesterday; and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

At this time, we’d like to thank all members for their continued support of North East Buses. We’ll always strive to rise above challenges such as these and continue to provide members with the site that they want and the ability to express themselves in forums they can feel a valued part of.

Best regards,

The Forum Team (North East Buses)

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

27 Feb 2013, 7:23 pm #2
We're delighted to announce that following a mutual agreement, The Bygone Era will be making a full return in the near future. Minus the bus photos; all content will continue to be available, and this includes our full range of Busways/Stagecoach timetables, Go Ahead North East timetable leaflets and many more.

To be able to offer this again, we're having to make some changes with the way some of the content is displayed, and this will take a little while to complete - but hopefully not too long! Getting it back online is a priority Smile
NEB Admin Team
27 Feb 2013, 7:23 pm #2

We're delighted to announce that following a mutual agreement, The Bygone Era will be making a full return in the near future. Minus the bus photos; all content will continue to be available, and this includes our full range of Busways/Stagecoach timetables, Go Ahead North East timetable leaflets and many more.

To be able to offer this again, we're having to make some changes with the way some of the content is displayed, and this will take a little while to complete - but hopefully not too long! Getting it back online is a priority Smile

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

06 Mar 2013, 10:24 pm #3
I now have the means to make the required changes to The Bygone Era.

The section can't go back online until we're compliant, but I'm now looking forward to being able to progress through with this and getting it back online as soon as possible.

There will be new additions which I'm looking forward to sharing; including OK Travel timetables from 1992, Teesside area timetables from 1990, and Go Ahead Northern "Venture" timetables and maps from 1988.
NEB Admin Team
06 Mar 2013, 10:24 pm #3

I now have the means to make the required changes to The Bygone Era.

The section can't go back online until we're compliant, but I'm now looking forward to being able to progress through with this and getting it back online as soon as possible.

There will be new additions which I'm looking forward to sharing; including OK Travel timetables from 1992, Teesside area timetables from 1990, and Go Ahead Northern "Venture" timetables and maps from 1988.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

10 Mar 2013, 1:25 pm #4
The Bygone Era will be returning tonight (10/03/13). While it has been down for essential maintenance which I’ll mention after this, I’ve taken the opportunity to make some other changes. As I promised earlier, the Independent operators now have their own threads, and we also welcome a new thread from the Tees and District Transport Company, with timetables from December 1990 including those operating under the names of CountyBus and Hoppa.

I have also been working on re-uploading the problematic PDF timetable attachments into unique URL links, which will give faster page load times and improved accessibility. The Independent operators and the Stagecoach/Busways threads have now been completed; and work is underway on the Go North East thread, the Tyne and Wear Timetables thread, and the PTE thread. These should be completed shortly in the coming days but will still be going online today in their current form.

The main reason for the section downtime was to add a watermark to all content generously donated by cbma06. After the recent scare we had with our bus photo collection, we both deemed it necessary to prevent against future theft. All timetable scans and a few other miscellaneous items are now copyright to cbma06, and you’ll now find a discreet copyright mark on all material supplied by him. I do apologise for the length of time the section has been down due to this. I only acquired the watermarking software this week, and combined with a poor internet connection and site issues; this has taken a bit longer than I was hoping to complete.
NEB Admin Team
10 Mar 2013, 1:25 pm #4

The Bygone Era will be returning tonight (10/03/13). While it has been down for essential maintenance which I’ll mention after this, I’ve taken the opportunity to make some other changes. As I promised earlier, the Independent operators now have their own threads, and we also welcome a new thread from the Tees and District Transport Company, with timetables from December 1990 including those operating under the names of CountyBus and Hoppa.

I have also been working on re-uploading the problematic PDF timetable attachments into unique URL links, which will give faster page load times and improved accessibility. The Independent operators and the Stagecoach/Busways threads have now been completed; and work is underway on the Go North East thread, the Tyne and Wear Timetables thread, and the PTE thread. These should be completed shortly in the coming days but will still be going online today in their current form.

The main reason for the section downtime was to add a watermark to all content generously donated by cbma06. After the recent scare we had with our bus photo collection, we both deemed it necessary to prevent against future theft. All timetable scans and a few other miscellaneous items are now copyright to cbma06, and you’ll now find a discreet copyright mark on all material supplied by him. I do apologise for the length of time the section has been down due to this. I only acquired the watermarking software this week, and combined with a poor internet connection and site issues; this has taken a bit longer than I was hoping to complete.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average