Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
S830OFT

11 Jan 2019, 3:30 pm #21
(11 Jan 2019, 2:44 pm)Jimmi A very limited strike timetabled service will be offered tomorrow, timetables can be found on here: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/f...ike-buses/

Only a few services out of Belmont, Redcar & Whitby will run

Take it the managers won't be out tommorow?
Belmont are only offering a hourly timetable on 43/49/56/64 and the 56 is only going to Coxhoe.
I can see Scarlet Band being extremely busy as their routes run close to Arriva, also expect Northern Rail to be busy as they are also on strike. Redcar are only offering the 62 Redcar to Marske, 63 Redcar to Middlesbrough and 64 Middlesbrough to Eston all hourly frequency. Whitby have 2 journeys to Scarborough and a 90 minute frequency on the 95.

S830OFT
11 Jan 2019, 3:30 pm #21

(11 Jan 2019, 2:44 pm)Jimmi A very limited strike timetabled service will be offered tomorrow, timetables can be found on here: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/f...ike-buses/

Only a few services out of Belmont, Redcar & Whitby will run

Take it the managers won't be out tommorow?
Belmont are only offering a hourly timetable on 43/49/56/64 and the 56 is only going to Coxhoe.
I can see Scarlet Band being extremely busy as their routes run close to Arriva, also expect Northern Rail to be busy as they are also on strike. Redcar are only offering the 62 Redcar to Marske, 63 Redcar to Middlesbrough and 64 Middlesbrough to Eston all hourly frequency. Whitby have 2 journeys to Scarborough and a 90 minute frequency on the 95.

12 Jan 2019, 3:47 pm #22
(09 Jan 2019, 9:37 pm)S830OFT Well it was a female in her late 20s maybe early 30s... One thing I must say is I feel sorry for Arriva, the embarrassment to their values of the customer being the prime objective to their business and the rude and aggressive behaviour from this so called driver is simply disgraceful and she knows not one thing about customer care. I think that Sapphire Care programme tought to Sapphire drivers should be rolled out to all staff as each service has Arriva's most precious cargo on-board.

I know exactly who you're referring to and I can honestly say she is an absolute cow. It was September when I last had her as a driver. She's constantly rude to passengers, for instance: the last time I was on the 23 with her as the driver, the bus was waiting in Peterlee bus station to depart towards Sunderland. There was an older lady with a stick walking at as fast a pace as she could to get onto the bus (I knew she was going to get on the 23 because she is a regular passenger on that service). When she finally got on the bus, she politely asked this driver if she was going through Easington Colliery. Now, this is what got me really annoyed. The driver had been reading a newspaper and completely ignored this older lady for about 5 seconds (I assume she was finishing her column), turned to her and very bluntly said "Yes. Did you read the sign on the front?". I could tell that the older lady was quite upset by her reaction and it infuriated me. When I got off at Dalton Park, I didn't thank her and quickly let her know what I thought of her (I won't mention the expletives on this site, though  Big Grin )

Horrible customer service. She's like that all the time as well; an absolutely disgusting way to represent Arriva.
Edited 12 Jan 2019, 3:47 pm by BeachBoy99.
BeachBoy99
12 Jan 2019, 3:47 pm #22

(09 Jan 2019, 9:37 pm)S830OFT Well it was a female in her late 20s maybe early 30s... One thing I must say is I feel sorry for Arriva, the embarrassment to their values of the customer being the prime objective to their business and the rude and aggressive behaviour from this so called driver is simply disgraceful and she knows not one thing about customer care. I think that Sapphire Care programme tought to Sapphire drivers should be rolled out to all staff as each service has Arriva's most precious cargo on-board.

I know exactly who you're referring to and I can honestly say she is an absolute cow. It was September when I last had her as a driver. She's constantly rude to passengers, for instance: the last time I was on the 23 with her as the driver, the bus was waiting in Peterlee bus station to depart towards Sunderland. There was an older lady with a stick walking at as fast a pace as she could to get onto the bus (I knew she was going to get on the 23 because she is a regular passenger on that service). When she finally got on the bus, she politely asked this driver if she was going through Easington Colliery. Now, this is what got me really annoyed. The driver had been reading a newspaper and completely ignored this older lady for about 5 seconds (I assume she was finishing her column), turned to her and very bluntly said "Yes. Did you read the sign on the front?". I could tell that the older lady was quite upset by her reaction and it infuriated me. When I got off at Dalton Park, I didn't thank her and quickly let her know what I thought of her (I won't mention the expletives on this site, though  Big Grin )

Horrible customer service. She's like that all the time as well; an absolutely disgusting way to represent Arriva.

S830OFT

12 Jan 2019, 3:51 pm #23
(12 Jan 2019, 3:47 pm)BeachBoy99 I know exactly who you're referring to and I can honestly say she is an absolute cow. It was September when I last had her as a driver. She's constantly rude to passengers, for instance: the last time I was on the 23 with her as the driver, the bus was waiting in Peterlee bus station to depart towards Sunderland. There was an older lady with a stick walking at as fast a pace as she could to get onto the bus (I knew she was going to get on the 23 because she is a regular passenger on that service). When she finally got on the bus, she politely asked this driver if she was going through Easington Colliery. Now, this is what got me really annoyed. The driver had been reading a newspaper and completely ignored this older lady for about 5 seconds (I assume she was finishing her column), turned to her and very bluntly said "Yes. Did you read the sign on the front?". I could tell that the older lady was quite upset by her reaction and it infuriated me. When I got off at Dalton Park, I didn't thank her and quickly let her know what I thought of her (I won't mention the expletives on this site, though  Big Grin )

I told the Arriva manager woman the one with long dark hair and she was shocked and concerned when I told her about the attitude, she said I need to pass on my details to CSMs and make a formal complaint. 
I'm not surprised at all this driver wasn't on strike, her type just care about money and not standing on the picket line.

S830OFT
12 Jan 2019, 3:51 pm #23

(12 Jan 2019, 3:47 pm)BeachBoy99 I know exactly who you're referring to and I can honestly say she is an absolute cow. It was September when I last had her as a driver. She's constantly rude to passengers, for instance: the last time I was on the 23 with her as the driver, the bus was waiting in Peterlee bus station to depart towards Sunderland. There was an older lady with a stick walking at as fast a pace as she could to get onto the bus (I knew she was going to get on the 23 because she is a regular passenger on that service). When she finally got on the bus, she politely asked this driver if she was going through Easington Colliery. Now, this is what got me really annoyed. The driver had been reading a newspaper and completely ignored this older lady for about 5 seconds (I assume she was finishing her column), turned to her and very bluntly said "Yes. Did you read the sign on the front?". I could tell that the older lady was quite upset by her reaction and it infuriated me. When I got off at Dalton Park, I didn't thank her and quickly let her know what I thought of her (I won't mention the expletives on this site, though  Big Grin )

I told the Arriva manager woman the one with long dark hair and she was shocked and concerned when I told her about the attitude, she said I need to pass on my details to CSMs and make a formal complaint. 
I'm not surprised at all this driver wasn't on strike, her type just care about money and not standing on the picket line.

S830OFT

12 Jan 2019, 7:35 pm #24
Looks like Arriva have annoyed someone recently as the Durham staff canteen on North Road has a huge crack on the glass.

S830OFT
12 Jan 2019, 7:35 pm #24

Looks like Arriva have annoyed someone recently as the Durham staff canteen on North Road has a huge crack on the glass.

BusLoverMum

12 Jan 2019, 7:42 pm #25
(12 Jan 2019, 7:35 pm)S830OFT Looks like Arriva have annoyed someone recently as the Durham staff canteen on North Road has a huge crack on the glass.

That's just Durham after a busy night. Cracked windows and vomit.
BusLoverMum
12 Jan 2019, 7:42 pm #25

(12 Jan 2019, 7:35 pm)S830OFT Looks like Arriva have annoyed someone recently as the Durham staff canteen on North Road has a huge crack on the glass.

That's just Durham after a busy night. Cracked windows and vomit.

S830OFT

12 Jan 2019, 8:01 pm #26
(12 Jan 2019, 7:42 pm)BusLoverMum That's just Durham after a busy night. Cracked windows and vomit.

Well some Nighters won't get home tonight with Arriva and Northern on strike. This afternoon was chaos with no Arriva staff around and all the questions going to the Security Guard who knows quite a lot tbh.

S830OFT
12 Jan 2019, 8:01 pm #26

(12 Jan 2019, 7:42 pm)BusLoverMum That's just Durham after a busy night. Cracked windows and vomit.

Well some Nighters won't get home tonight with Arriva and Northern on strike. This afternoon was chaos with no Arriva staff around and all the questions going to the Security Guard who knows quite a lot tbh.

Jamie M

Unregistered

12 Jan 2019, 8:19 pm #27
(12 Jan 2019, 8:01 pm)S830OFT Well some Nighters won't get home tonight with Arriva and Northern on strike. This afternoon was chaos with no Arriva staff around and all the questions going to the Security Guard who knows quite a lot tbh.
We'll just ignore the massive taxi rank thats right next to the bus station...
Jamie M
12 Jan 2019, 8:19 pm #27

(12 Jan 2019, 8:01 pm)S830OFT Well some Nighters won't get home tonight with Arriva and Northern on strike. This afternoon was chaos with no Arriva staff around and all the questions going to the Security Guard who knows quite a lot tbh.
We'll just ignore the massive taxi rank thats right next to the bus station...

S830OFT

12 Jan 2019, 9:26 pm #28
(12 Jan 2019, 8:19 pm)Jamie M We'll just ignore the massive taxi rank thats right next to the bus station...

Not everyone is loaded with cash you know!
No Bus Service in Newton Aycliffe No Trains after 18:00, people from Durham getting there would falk out a fortune. I think it's outrageous that Arriva Durham chose to run 4 routes but they were the shortest of routes...
Examples of places cut off because of Arriva's decision:
Sedgefield: Only the hourly 113 Scarlet Band to Ferryhill and Bishop.
Ferryhill: Only the hourly 113 Scarlet Band to Sedgefield and Bishop.
Bishop Auckland: Only Weardale, Scarlet Band, Go North East and a very infrequent Northern Trains service.
Newton Aycliffe: Only Northern Trains operating until 18:00.
Darlington: Mainly Trains with Scarlet Band 16 running aswell as Dales/District 29/34/72.

Scarlet Band must have made a big profit this week from having to pick up the pieces, I seen the 52 leaving to Esh Winning with a full load, also seen the 58 coming into Coxhoe with standing room only.

S830OFT
12 Jan 2019, 9:26 pm #28

(12 Jan 2019, 8:19 pm)Jamie M We'll just ignore the massive taxi rank thats right next to the bus station...

Not everyone is loaded with cash you know!
No Bus Service in Newton Aycliffe No Trains after 18:00, people from Durham getting there would falk out a fortune. I think it's outrageous that Arriva Durham chose to run 4 routes but they were the shortest of routes...
Examples of places cut off because of Arriva's decision:
Sedgefield: Only the hourly 113 Scarlet Band to Ferryhill and Bishop.
Ferryhill: Only the hourly 113 Scarlet Band to Sedgefield and Bishop.
Bishop Auckland: Only Weardale, Scarlet Band, Go North East and a very infrequent Northern Trains service.
Newton Aycliffe: Only Northern Trains operating until 18:00.
Darlington: Mainly Trains with Scarlet Band 16 running aswell as Dales/District 29/34/72.

Scarlet Band must have made a big profit this week from having to pick up the pieces, I seen the 52 leaving to Esh Winning with a full load, also seen the 58 coming into Coxhoe with standing room only.

Adrian

12 Jan 2019, 11:43 pm #29

This is nothing new. Arriva never have a member of staff around the bus station to answer questions. They have a supervisor yes, but I understand this is more of an operational role than a customer services role. 

The bus station employ security staff, but again, I believe that is more of an operational role than a customer services role. There is just one guard that happens to be quite helpful, but its not really his role as I understand?

Taxis are not an affordable option to the vast majority of people. They are expensive, with fares being significantly higher than those of buses or even trains. In Durham, the evening (Tariff 2) rate is £3.00 start with 15p for each additional 97 yards, or part thereof. So somewhere relatively close, such as Sherburn Village, would be £13 for that single journey. In comparison, Arriva offer a weekly ticket covering that journey for £14.

But does it really warrant (another) sarcy comment Jamie? You might not agree with the point being made, but you're not duty bound to respond. If its not constructive, then don't bother.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
12 Jan 2019, 11:43 pm #29

This is nothing new. Arriva never have a member of staff around the bus station to answer questions. They have a supervisor yes, but I understand this is more of an operational role than a customer services role. 

The bus station employ security staff, but again, I believe that is more of an operational role than a customer services role. There is just one guard that happens to be quite helpful, but its not really his role as I understand?

Taxis are not an affordable option to the vast majority of people. They are expensive, with fares being significantly higher than those of buses or even trains. In Durham, the evening (Tariff 2) rate is £3.00 start with 15p for each additional 97 yards, or part thereof. So somewhere relatively close, such as Sherburn Village, would be £13 for that single journey. In comparison, Arriva offer a weekly ticket covering that journey for £14.

But does it really warrant (another) sarcy comment Jamie? You might not agree with the point being made, but you're not duty bound to respond. If its not constructive, then don't bother.

Jamie M

Unregistered

12 Jan 2019, 11:50 pm #30
(12 Jan 2019, 11:43 pm)Adrian But does it really warrant (another) sarcy comment Jamie? You might not agree with the point being made, but you're not duty bound to respond. If its not constructive, then don't bother.

Seemed constructive to me, added a new angle of thought to taxis. Economics may well play into it but nobody else mentioned it prior that I can see, it being a fairly big point and seemingly a big part of how people travel in and around the city centre.
Jamie M
12 Jan 2019, 11:50 pm #30

(12 Jan 2019, 11:43 pm)Adrian But does it really warrant (another) sarcy comment Jamie? You might not agree with the point being made, but you're not duty bound to respond. If its not constructive, then don't bother.

Seemed constructive to me, added a new angle of thought to taxis. Economics may well play into it but nobody else mentioned it prior that I can see, it being a fairly big point and seemingly a big part of how people travel in and around the city centre.

Adrian

13 Jan 2019, 12:04 am #31
(12 Jan 2019, 11:50 pm)Jamie M Seemed constructive to me, added a new angle of thought to taxis. Economics may well play into it but nobody else mentioned it prior that I can see, it being a fairly big point and seemingly a big part of how people travel in and around the city centre.

Perhaps you could have made that point in your original post, rather than fishing for the bite that you ended up receiving from the OP.

Is it a big part of how people travel in and around the city centre? How does it compare to bus journeys into or say walking around the city centre, for example?

Adrian
13 Jan 2019, 12:04 am #31

(12 Jan 2019, 11:50 pm)Jamie M Seemed constructive to me, added a new angle of thought to taxis. Economics may well play into it but nobody else mentioned it prior that I can see, it being a fairly big point and seemingly a big part of how people travel in and around the city centre.

Perhaps you could have made that point in your original post, rather than fishing for the bite that you ended up receiving from the OP.

Is it a big part of how people travel in and around the city centre? How does it compare to bus journeys into or say walking around the city centre, for example?

S830OFT

13 Jan 2019, 12:10 am #32

Yes but not everybody on a bus would want to pay more for a Taxi when the vast majority of people have more important things to pay for. Why do you think Go North East put the extra buses on X21s for? I think it was to ensure passengers didn't get left behind and have to falk out over 25% of their money on unnecessary Taxi journeys. Taxis are good for having a direct and private service, although there are cheaper alternatives out there, for example Durham to Ferryhill after 19:00 could be done by the X21 to Spennymoor and changing to Scarlet Band service 35A.

S830OFT
13 Jan 2019, 12:10 am #32

Yes but not everybody on a bus would want to pay more for a Taxi when the vast majority of people have more important things to pay for. Why do you think Go North East put the extra buses on X21s for? I think it was to ensure passengers didn't get left behind and have to falk out over 25% of their money on unnecessary Taxi journeys. Taxis are good for having a direct and private service, although there are cheaper alternatives out there, for example Durham to Ferryhill after 19:00 could be done by the X21 to Spennymoor and changing to Scarlet Band service 35A.

Jamie M

Unregistered

13 Jan 2019, 12:10 am #33
(13 Jan 2019, 12:04 am)Adrian Perhaps you could have made that point in your original post, rather than fishing for the bite that you ended up receiving from the OP.

I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to with the first comment, so let's leave that as that.

I assume it's a big part cause there's always lots of taxis about regardless of time I go past, and I go past at least once a day trying to squeeze me bus between them all. Can't see them being there unless there was money to be made!

(13 Jan 2019, 12:10 am)S830OFT Yes but not everybody on a bus would want to pay more for a Taxi when the vast majority of people have more important things to pay for. Why do you think Go North East put the extra buses on X21s for? I think it was to ensure passengers didn't get left behind and have to falk out over 25% of their money on unnecessary Taxi journeys. Taxis are good for having a direct and private service, although there are cheaper alternatives out there, for example Durham to Ferryhill after 19:00 could be done by the X21 to Spennymoor and changing to Scarlet Band service 35A.
I mean I wouldn't pay for taxis but your comment alluded to there being people stranded in Durham. I'm sure there would be ways that everyone could get to their own bed on every night, and I'm sure we would have heard about it if this wasn't the case. We've had an abundance of slow news days, and this would definitely be something they would jump on!
Jamie M
13 Jan 2019, 12:10 am #33

(13 Jan 2019, 12:04 am)Adrian Perhaps you could have made that point in your original post, rather than fishing for the bite that you ended up receiving from the OP.

I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to with the first comment, so let's leave that as that.

I assume it's a big part cause there's always lots of taxis about regardless of time I go past, and I go past at least once a day trying to squeeze me bus between them all. Can't see them being there unless there was money to be made!

(13 Jan 2019, 12:10 am)S830OFT Yes but not everybody on a bus would want to pay more for a Taxi when the vast majority of people have more important things to pay for. Why do you think Go North East put the extra buses on X21s for? I think it was to ensure passengers didn't get left behind and have to falk out over 25% of their money on unnecessary Taxi journeys. Taxis are good for having a direct and private service, although there are cheaper alternatives out there, for example Durham to Ferryhill after 19:00 could be done by the X21 to Spennymoor and changing to Scarlet Band service 35A.
I mean I wouldn't pay for taxis but your comment alluded to there being people stranded in Durham. I'm sure there would be ways that everyone could get to their own bed on every night, and I'm sure we would have heard about it if this wasn't the case. We've had an abundance of slow news days, and this would definitely be something they would jump on!

Andreos1

13 Jan 2019, 10:44 am #34
(13 Jan 2019, 12:10 am)Jamie M I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to with the first comment, so let's leave that as that.

So nowt to do with the de-regulation of taxi services in Durham or the merger of separate local councils within Co Durham, that enabled those previously on a Chester, Derwentside or Bishop Auckland etc plate, to now ply their trade anywhere within the county?

A glut of taxis perhaps, that led to huge queues on Claypath and the opening of a new rank just a few years ago outside the Prince Bishops car park?
Edited 13 Jan 2019, 10:46 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Jan 2019, 10:44 am #34

(13 Jan 2019, 12:10 am)Jamie M I have absolutely no idea what you're referring to with the first comment, so let's leave that as that.

So nowt to do with the de-regulation of taxi services in Durham or the merger of separate local councils within Co Durham, that enabled those previously on a Chester, Derwentside or Bishop Auckland etc plate, to now ply their trade anywhere within the county?

A glut of taxis perhaps, that led to huge queues on Claypath and the opening of a new rank just a few years ago outside the Prince Bishops car park?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Kuyoyo

13 Jan 2019, 11:32 am #35
1535 has entered service this morning on 8s - it’s working the xx50 trips until 1450.

[Image: 46740390451_38f015f32c_b.jpg]Arriva North East 1535 (YJ58 FFB) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr
Edited 14 Jan 2019, 3:14 pm by Kuyoyo.
Kuyoyo
13 Jan 2019, 11:32 am #35

1535 has entered service this morning on 8s - it’s working the xx50 trips until 1450.

[Image: 46740390451_38f015f32c_b.jpg]Arriva North East 1535 (YJ58 FFB) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr

Jamie M

Unregistered

13 Jan 2019, 11:34 am #36
(13 Jan 2019, 11:32 am)Kuyoyo 1535 has entered service this morning on 8s - it’s working the xx50 trips until 1450.
Typo with fleet number?
Jamie M
13 Jan 2019, 11:34 am #36

(13 Jan 2019, 11:32 am)Kuyoyo 1535 has entered service this morning on 8s - it’s working the xx50 trips until 1450.
Typo with fleet number?

13 Jan 2019, 11:34 am #37
Had a bus driver send me a snapchat with the number of 1535 on it. Always thought that the 15 xx series was Sapphire (with the exception of 1440 which is a sapphire Pulsar. )

Teesside Bus Spotter | Arriva fan all the way

(13 Jan 2019, 11:34 am)Jamie M Typo with fleet number?
1535 is a SB120 Plaxton Centro.

Edited 13 Jan 2019, 11:35 am by TezzaPaul.
TezzaPaul
13 Jan 2019, 11:34 am #37

Had a bus driver send me a snapchat with the number of 1535 on it. Always thought that the 15 xx series was Sapphire (with the exception of 1440 which is a sapphire Pulsar. )

1535 is a SB120 Plaxton Centro.

Kuyoyo

13 Jan 2019, 11:58 am #38

1535 is one of the three Centros that came up from Yorkshire Tiger
Kuyoyo
13 Jan 2019, 11:58 am #38

1535 is one of the three Centros that came up from Yorkshire Tiger

Jamie M

Unregistered

13 Jan 2019, 12:16 pm #39
(13 Jan 2019, 11:58 am)Kuyoyo 1535 is one of the three Centros that came up from Yorkshire Tiger
Ah fleetlist isnt updated yet...!
Jamie M
13 Jan 2019, 12:16 pm #39

(13 Jan 2019, 11:58 am)Kuyoyo 1535 is one of the three Centros that came up from Yorkshire Tiger
Ah fleetlist isnt updated yet...!

13 Jan 2019, 12:46 pm #40
(13 Jan 2019, 12:16 pm)Jamie M Ah fleetlist isnt updated yet...!

Hasn't been updated for a while now .... still doesn't show the additional three E200s at Belmont, or the decker swap between Blyth and Leeds, or .....

Dan did mention he's been a little busy of late, and that he was hoping to get an update together sometime soon. Wink
Ianthegoon
13 Jan 2019, 12:46 pm #40

(13 Jan 2019, 12:16 pm)Jamie M Ah fleetlist isnt updated yet...!

Hasn't been updated for a while now .... still doesn't show the additional three E200s at Belmont, or the decker swap between Blyth and Leeds, or .....

Dan did mention he's been a little busy of late, and that he was hoping to get an update together sometime soon. Wink

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average