Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (25) Previous 13 4 525 Next
Michael

05 May 2019, 3:06 pm #61
(05 May 2019, 2:52 pm)streetdeckfan Only because there's basically no branding at all!

Good, nothing worse when a brand is over done

Fab 56 is an example!
Edited 05 May 2019, 3:07 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 May 2019, 3:06 pm #61

(05 May 2019, 2:52 pm)streetdeckfan Only because there's basically no branding at all!

Good, nothing worse when a brand is over done

Fab 56 is an example!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

ne14ne1

05 May 2019, 3:07 pm #62
Looks smart. It's missing the silver triangle of vinyl though from the window behind the staircase.

And yeah hopefully the word 'Cobalt' stands out better against the silver background in person than in that picture.
ne14ne1
05 May 2019, 3:07 pm #62

Looks smart. It's missing the silver triangle of vinyl though from the window behind the staircase.

And yeah hopefully the word 'Cobalt' stands out better against the silver background in person than in that picture.

JP6004

05 May 2019, 3:07 pm #63
(05 May 2019, 3:06 pm)Michael Good, nithing worse when a brand is over done

Fab 56 is an example!

Yes there's overdone but I would hardly say 2 words is overdoing it

(05 May 2019, 3:07 pm)ne14ne1 Looks smart. It's missing the silver triangle of vinyl though from the window behind the staircase.

Was painted that to make it look........sleeker I imagine
Edited 05 May 2019, 3:09 pm by JP6004.
JP6004
05 May 2019, 3:07 pm #63

(05 May 2019, 3:06 pm)Michael Good, nithing worse when a brand is over done

Fab 56 is an example!

Yes there's overdone but I would hardly say 2 words is overdoing it

(05 May 2019, 3:07 pm)ne14ne1 Looks smart. It's missing the silver triangle of vinyl though from the window behind the staircase.

Was painted that to make it look........sleeker I imagine

BusLoverMum

05 May 2019, 3:17 pm #64

I was about to suggest that that's because there seems to be a push towards more unified and less complex branding schemes, then remembered the newly repainted solos for the X6/X7! I think we're going to see less artwork, from now on, and more of a bias towards different coloured variations on a design theme. Some of the more distinctive older brands, like Whey Aye Five-O are fun, but they're a bit dated, really. And yes, the waves obscure the windows by the best seats on the bus.

And I would love to see the back of those bloody ridiculously skinny women with loads of shopping bags on the X66. Utter sexist tripe. [looks around for someone to help me climb down off this mini bandwagon]
BusLoverMum
05 May 2019, 3:17 pm #64

I was about to suggest that that's because there seems to be a push towards more unified and less complex branding schemes, then remembered the newly repainted solos for the X6/X7! I think we're going to see less artwork, from now on, and more of a bias towards different coloured variations on a design theme. Some of the more distinctive older brands, like Whey Aye Five-O are fun, but they're a bit dated, really. And yes, the waves obscure the windows by the best seats on the bus.

And I would love to see the back of those bloody ridiculously skinny women with loads of shopping bags on the X66. Utter sexist tripe. [looks around for someone to help me climb down off this mini bandwagon]

05 May 2019, 3:23 pm #65
There's a fine line between it looking boring and it being too much, I think the Angel and Castles Express branding gets it just right. Sure, it covers the windows, but it's not actually that noticeable inside and it barely blocks the view . (Well, it does a bit and I guess that's why they used one of the X10s for the ad instead of an Angel)
streetdeckfan
05 May 2019, 3:23 pm #65

There's a fine line between it looking boring and it being too much, I think the Angel and Castles Express branding gets it just right. Sure, it covers the windows, but it's not actually that noticeable inside and it barely blocks the view . (Well, it does a bit and I guess that's why they used one of the X10s for the ad instead of an Angel)

JP6004

05 May 2019, 3:27 pm #66
(05 May 2019, 3:17 pm)BusLoverMum I was about to suggest that that's because there seems to be a push towards more unified and less complex branding schemes, then remembered the newly repainted solos for the X6/X7! I think we're going to see less artwork, from now on, and more of a bias towards different coloured variations on a design theme. Some of the more distinctive older brands, like Whey Aye Five-O are fun, but they're a bit dated, really. And yes, the waves obscure the windows by the best seats on the bus.

Agree can get claustrophobic sitting at back of X66.

Used to like the original X66 brand on the articulated citaros
Edited 05 May 2019, 3:30 pm by JP6004.
JP6004
05 May 2019, 3:27 pm #66

(05 May 2019, 3:17 pm)BusLoverMum I was about to suggest that that's because there seems to be a push towards more unified and less complex branding schemes, then remembered the newly repainted solos for the X6/X7! I think we're going to see less artwork, from now on, and more of a bias towards different coloured variations on a design theme. Some of the more distinctive older brands, like Whey Aye Five-O are fun, but they're a bit dated, really. And yes, the waves obscure the windows by the best seats on the bus.

Agree can get claustrophobic sitting at back of X66.

Used to like the original X66 brand on the articulated citaros

05 May 2019, 3:56 pm #67
[Image: 46991398354_6a0dc7db28_c.jpg]Go North East Cobalt & Coast 6101 / NL63 YJE by kieron mathews, on Flickr

If anyone hasn’t seen it, 6101 received route branding ahead of today’s North East Bus & Coach Show and has an updated brand name which is now Cobalt & Coast
Edited 05 May 2019, 4:00 pm by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
05 May 2019, 3:56 pm #67

[Image: 46991398354_6a0dc7db28_c.jpg]Go North East Cobalt & Coast 6101 / NL63 YJE by kieron mathews, on Flickr

If anyone hasn’t seen it, 6101 received route branding ahead of today’s North East Bus & Coach Show and has an updated brand name which is now Cobalt & Coast

05 May 2019, 4:37 pm #68
(05 May 2019, 3:56 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 46991398354_6a0dc7db28_c.jpg]Go North East Cobalt & Coast 6101 / NL63 YJE by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Is this actually the final design, or is the next one going to come back slightly different like they all have before?
streetdeckfan
05 May 2019, 4:37 pm #68

(05 May 2019, 3:56 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 46991398354_6a0dc7db28_c.jpg]Go North East Cobalt & Coast 6101 / NL63 YJE by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Is this actually the final design, or is the next one going to come back slightly different like they all have before?

LVK 404L

05 May 2019, 5:02 pm #69
[/quote]

As modelled by Victoria Beckham.... I'm certain it's her.
LVK 404L
05 May 2019, 5:02 pm #69

[/quote]

As modelled by Victoria Beckham.... I'm certain it's her.

05 May 2019, 5:29 pm #70
(04 May 2019, 5:40 pm)BusLoverMum I've seen people do this when the information is on the bus stop, about a foot away from their left ear. It'd just provide more information to be ignored.

Not surprised by that, I know it’s the wrong thread but on Friday I saw a few people waiting for buses on Blackett Street when there were signs up saying road closed due to a burst water main, shows how much attention some people pay.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
05 May 2019, 5:29 pm #70

(04 May 2019, 5:40 pm)BusLoverMum I've seen people do this when the information is on the bus stop, about a foot away from their left ear. It'd just provide more information to be ignored.

Not surprised by that, I know it’s the wrong thread but on Friday I saw a few people waiting for buses on Blackett Street when there were signs up saying road closed due to a burst water main, shows how much attention some people pay.

05 May 2019, 5:37 pm #71
(05 May 2019, 5:29 pm)TEN 6083 Not surprised by that, I know it’s the wrong thread but on Friday I saw a few people waiting for buses on Blackett Street when there were signs up saying road closed due to a burst water main, shows how much attention some people pay.

Are you sure the signs were for the burst water main? Blackett Street is closed this coming Thursday-Saturday and signs were up for that. but I didn't notice any signs about the closure on Friday. I was sent to Gallowgate for the 12, when it was still actually running to New Bridge Street - Halifax. I did see people waiting across the road for buses towards Chapel House but nobody for buses towards Killingworth, Walker etc. I didn't really think about telling everyone the buses weren't running along Blackett Street, I was in a rush and only thought about it briefly, and thought people would realise soon enough.
OrangeArrow49
05 May 2019, 5:37 pm #71

(05 May 2019, 5:29 pm)TEN 6083 Not surprised by that, I know it’s the wrong thread but on Friday I saw a few people waiting for buses on Blackett Street when there were signs up saying road closed due to a burst water main, shows how much attention some people pay.

Are you sure the signs were for the burst water main? Blackett Street is closed this coming Thursday-Saturday and signs were up for that. but I didn't notice any signs about the closure on Friday. I was sent to Gallowgate for the 12, when it was still actually running to New Bridge Street - Halifax. I did see people waiting across the road for buses towards Chapel House but nobody for buses towards Killingworth, Walker etc. I didn't really think about telling everyone the buses weren't running along Blackett Street, I was in a rush and only thought about it briefly, and thought people would realise soon enough.

BusLoverMum

05 May 2019, 5:46 pm #72

Most of the closed off bus stops in Stockton (supercars) had people waiting at them, yesterday. Every stop we walked past had a list pasted onto it but people had walked past the road closed signs to wait for their bus!
BusLoverMum
05 May 2019, 5:46 pm #72

Most of the closed off bus stops in Stockton (supercars) had people waiting at them, yesterday. Every stop we walked past had a list pasted onto it but people had walked past the road closed signs to wait for their bus!

05 May 2019, 6:08 pm #73
(05 May 2019, 5:37 pm)OrangeArrow49 Are you sure the signs were for the burst water main? Blackett Street is closed this coming Thursday-Saturday and signs were up for that. but I didn't notice any signs about the closure on Friday. I was sent to Gallowgate for the 12, when it was still actually running to New Bridge Street - Halifax. I did see people waiting across the road for buses towards Chapel House but nobody for buses towards Killingworth, Walker etc. I didn't really think about telling everyone the buses weren't running along Blackett Street, I was in a rush and only thought about it briefly, and thought people would realise soon enough.

There was a large yellow sign at each end of Blackett Street, didn’t see anything on any of the bus stops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
05 May 2019, 6:08 pm #73

(05 May 2019, 5:37 pm)OrangeArrow49 Are you sure the signs were for the burst water main? Blackett Street is closed this coming Thursday-Saturday and signs were up for that. but I didn't notice any signs about the closure on Friday. I was sent to Gallowgate for the 12, when it was still actually running to New Bridge Street - Halifax. I did see people waiting across the road for buses towards Chapel House but nobody for buses towards Killingworth, Walker etc. I didn't really think about telling everyone the buses weren't running along Blackett Street, I was in a rush and only thought about it briefly, and thought people would realise soon enough.

There was a large yellow sign at each end of Blackett Street, didn’t see anything on any of the bus stops

05 May 2019, 6:26 pm #74
(05 May 2019, 6:08 pm)TEN 6083 There was a large yellow sign at each end of Blackett Street, didn’t see anything on any of the bus stops

I didn't notice that, but the large van was a clue something unusual was going on! I was almost late for work as I didn't check the service updates and so didn't know about the burst water main and I wasn't sure where to get the bus. The bus stops have got yellow notices about the upcoming closure.
OrangeArrow49
05 May 2019, 6:26 pm #74

(05 May 2019, 6:08 pm)TEN 6083 There was a large yellow sign at each end of Blackett Street, didn’t see anything on any of the bus stops

I didn't notice that, but the large van was a clue something unusual was going on! I was almost late for work as I didn't check the service updates and so didn't know about the burst water main and I wasn't sure where to get the bus. The bus stops have got yellow notices about the upcoming closure.

Michael

05 May 2019, 6:48 pm #75
As well as a small tribute to the soon to depart Scania L94’s, we also showed off the next chapter at GNE with the first fully re-branded and re-furnished ‘Cobalt & Coast’ bus and also the first in our new gold based ‘X’ express route brand (which will receive its vinyls shortly)

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/11...3092192257

Wonder if this means, ALL express routes will be under the same base?
Edited 05 May 2019, 7:00 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 May 2019, 6:48 pm #75

As well as a small tribute to the soon to depart Scania L94’s, we also showed off the next chapter at GNE with the first fully re-branded and re-furnished ‘Cobalt & Coast’ bus and also the first in our new gold based ‘X’ express route brand (which will receive its vinyls shortly)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

05 May 2019, 7:15 pm #76
(05 May 2019, 6:48 pm)Michael As well as a small tribute to the soon to depart Scania L94’s, we also showed off the next chapter at GNE with the first fully re-branded and re-furnished ‘Cobalt & Coast’ bus and also the first in our new gold based ‘X’ express route brand (which will receive its vinyls shortly)

That would explain the variation in style. Would be nice to see the X21 go this way , in the future.
BusLoverMum
05 May 2019, 7:15 pm #76

(05 May 2019, 6:48 pm)Michael As well as a small tribute to the soon to depart Scania L94’s, we also showed off the next chapter at GNE with the first fully re-branded and re-furnished ‘Cobalt & Coast’ bus and also the first in our new gold based ‘X’ express route brand (which will receive its vinyls shortly)

That would explain the variation in style. Would be nice to see the X21 go this way , in the future.

L469 YVK

05 May 2019, 8:20 pm #77
Will the NSA's & LED's need to be done for Cobalt & Coast or will it just be minor adjustments?
L469 YVK
05 May 2019, 8:20 pm #77

Will the NSA's & LED's need to be done for Cobalt & Coast or will it just be minor adjustments?

Malarkey

05 May 2019, 9:05 pm #78
Seen this on the MD's Twitter which regards to the Solo stating the livery is for a new express route brand, wonder if this will be rolled out across other express services similarly to the revised corporate and route branded vehicle identity.

.jpg
Capture.JPG
Size 75.09 KB / Downloads 23
Malarkey
05 May 2019, 9:05 pm #78

Seen this on the MD's Twitter which regards to the Solo stating the livery is for a new express route brand, wonder if this will be rolled out across other express services similarly to the revised corporate and route branded vehicle identity.

.jpg
Capture.JPG
Size 75.09 KB / Downloads 23

Michael

05 May 2019, 9:09 pm #79
(05 May 2019, 9:05 pm)Malarkey Seen this on the MD's Twitter which regards to the Solo stating the livery is for a new express route brand, wonder if this will be rolled out across other express services similarly to the revised corporate and route branded vehicle identity.

Hopefully, but instead of clarting on adding a photo, you could of just quoted my post about it Wink

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 May 2019, 9:09 pm #79

(05 May 2019, 9:05 pm)Malarkey Seen this on the MD's Twitter which regards to the Solo stating the livery is for a new express route brand, wonder if this will be rolled out across other express services similarly to the revised corporate and route branded vehicle identity.

Hopefully, but instead of clarting on adding a photo, you could of just quoted my post about it Wink

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

05 May 2019, 9:15 pm #80
(05 May 2019, 9:09 pm)Michael Hopefully, but instead of clarting on adding a photo, you could of just quoted my post about it Wink

Whoops, my bad I completely missed your post Michael.
Malarkey
05 May 2019, 9:15 pm #80

(05 May 2019, 9:09 pm)Michael Hopefully, but instead of clarting on adding a photo, you could of just quoted my post about it Wink

Whoops, my bad I completely missed your post Michael.

Pages (25) Previous 13 4 525 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average