Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (25) Previous 18 9 1025 Next
Stanleyone

14 May 2019, 5:12 pm #161
(14 May 2019, 4:37 pm)S830OFT With 724/725 leaving Crook, and extra buses needed for the X21, what will be allocated to the evening 86?

I should imagine streetdecks, can’t see a versa being sent from Chester
Stanleyone
14 May 2019, 5:12 pm #161

(14 May 2019, 4:37 pm)S830OFT With 724/725 leaving Crook, and extra buses needed for the X21, what will be allocated to the evening 86?

I should imagine streetdecks, can’t see a versa being sent from Chester

14 May 2019, 6:07 pm #162
Does anybody know where the bus stop 'Tindale Hospital' on the revised southbound X21 route is? I walk that way every day and I'm fairly certain I haven't seen a stop where Google Maps says it is. Having looked on Streetview it looks like there used to be a stop there but it's been removed, and I don't think the council can put in a new bus stop in time.

There's two ways that the bus could go, either turn right at the junction, go past Lidl, then left at the roundabout to Sainsburys, then go back on itself at the roundabout towards Tesco, 
.png
2.png
Size 488.66 KB / Downloads 15

or it could go straight over the junction, down Dilks street, where there is actually another bus stop, then right at the roundabout past Premier Inn then Right again at Sainsburys then on to Tesco (which I think would be better especially with the traffic)
.png
1.png
Size 489.33 KB / Downloads 16

Actually, having looked at the map again, instead of going back on itself, it'll probably go round past the stadium and use the stop behind Costa, although I still think it would be easier the second way
.png
1a.png
Size 400.25 KB / Downloads 14
Edited 14 May 2019, 6:15 pm by streetdeckfan.
streetdeckfan
14 May 2019, 6:07 pm #162

Does anybody know where the bus stop 'Tindale Hospital' on the revised southbound X21 route is? I walk that way every day and I'm fairly certain I haven't seen a stop where Google Maps says it is. Having looked on Streetview it looks like there used to be a stop there but it's been removed, and I don't think the council can put in a new bus stop in time.

There's two ways that the bus could go, either turn right at the junction, go past Lidl, then left at the roundabout to Sainsburys, then go back on itself at the roundabout towards Tesco, 

.png
2.png
Size 488.66 KB / Downloads 15

or it could go straight over the junction, down Dilks street, where there is actually another bus stop, then right at the roundabout past Premier Inn then Right again at Sainsburys then on to Tesco (which I think would be better especially with the traffic)
.png
1.png
Size 489.33 KB / Downloads 16

Actually, having looked at the map again, instead of going back on itself, it'll probably go round past the stadium and use the stop behind Costa, although I still think it would be easier the second way
.png
1a.png
Size 400.25 KB / Downloads 14

Michael

14 May 2019, 6:43 pm #163
676 is currently in the paintshop, https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/32...ateposted/

Photo by Bazza

677 is about to leave Thorntons - Via info from Dan on another photo by Bazza - https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/47...otostream/
Edited 15 May 2019, 6:30 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 May 2019, 6:43 pm #163

676 is currently in the paintshop, https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/32...ateposted/

Photo by Bazza

677 is about to leave Thorntons - Via info from Dan on another photo by Bazza - https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/47...otostream/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

14 May 2019, 7:05 pm #164
(14 May 2019, 6:07 pm)streetdeckfan Does anybody know where the bus stop 'Tindale Hospital' on the revised southbound X21 route is? I walk that way every day and I'm fairly certain I haven't seen a stop where Google Maps says it is. Having looked on Streetview it looks like there used to be a stop there but it's been removed, and I don't think the council can put in a new bus stop in time.

To me it looks like towards Tindle will go down Greenfields Road, turn right onto Maude Terrace past McDonald's left at the roundabout serving the stop opposite Sainsbury's, right at the roundabout heading past football club, right at the next roundabout then right onto Maude Terrace serving the stop outside Costa then looks as if it will serve the Club - Walting Road stop then Proudfoot Drive etc to head back to the Town Centre.

If you look closely at provided screenshot, this is where the Hospital stop is (Tindle bound), if you look closely you can just see evidence of the road markings that a bus stop was once there[Image: d58616c6010109b570196745b4e02568.jpg][Image: 3014082ff7fa063f5aec85501c03cfd6.jpg]
Edited 14 May 2019, 7:06 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
14 May 2019, 7:05 pm #164

(14 May 2019, 6:07 pm)streetdeckfan Does anybody know where the bus stop 'Tindale Hospital' on the revised southbound X21 route is? I walk that way every day and I'm fairly certain I haven't seen a stop where Google Maps says it is. Having looked on Streetview it looks like there used to be a stop there but it's been removed, and I don't think the council can put in a new bus stop in time.

To me it looks like towards Tindle will go down Greenfields Road, turn right onto Maude Terrace past McDonald's left at the roundabout serving the stop opposite Sainsbury's, right at the roundabout heading past football club, right at the next roundabout then right onto Maude Terrace serving the stop outside Costa then looks as if it will serve the Club - Walting Road stop then Proudfoot Drive etc to head back to the Town Centre.

If you look closely at provided screenshot, this is where the Hospital stop is (Tindle bound), if you look closely you can just see evidence of the road markings that a bus stop was once there[Image: d58616c6010109b570196745b4e02568.jpg][Image: 3014082ff7fa063f5aec85501c03cfd6.jpg]

14 May 2019, 7:14 pm #165
(14 May 2019, 7:05 pm)Jimmi To me it looks like towards Tindle will go down Greenfields Road, turn right onto Maude Terrace past McDonald's left at the roundabout serving the stop opposite Sainsbury's, right at the roundabout heading past football club, right at the next roundabout then right onto Maude Terrace serving the stop outside Costa then looks as if it will serve the Club - Walting Road stop then Proudfoot Drive etc to head back to the Town Centre.

If you look closely at provided screenshot, this is where the Hospital stop is, if you look closely you can just see evidence of the road markings that a bus stop was once there[Image: d58616c6010109b570196745b4e02568.jpg][Image: 3014082ff7fa063f5aec85501c03cfd6.jpg]

I saw that there are the remains of a bus stop there, I just wonder whether Durham Council will bother repainting the markings for the stop and put up a post.
Either way, it's much better for me than the 18 route, I just wish it ran later into the evening.
streetdeckfan
14 May 2019, 7:14 pm #165

(14 May 2019, 7:05 pm)Jimmi To me it looks like towards Tindle will go down Greenfields Road, turn right onto Maude Terrace past McDonald's left at the roundabout serving the stop opposite Sainsbury's, right at the roundabout heading past football club, right at the next roundabout then right onto Maude Terrace serving the stop outside Costa then looks as if it will serve the Club - Walting Road stop then Proudfoot Drive etc to head back to the Town Centre.

If you look closely at provided screenshot, this is where the Hospital stop is, if you look closely you can just see evidence of the road markings that a bus stop was once there[Image: d58616c6010109b570196745b4e02568.jpg][Image: 3014082ff7fa063f5aec85501c03cfd6.jpg]

I saw that there are the remains of a bus stop there, I just wonder whether Durham Council will bother repainting the markings for the stop and put up a post.
Either way, it's much better for me than the 18 route, I just wish it ran later into the evening.

busmanT

14 May 2019, 10:42 pm #166
(14 May 2019, 7:14 pm)streetdeckfan I saw that there are the remains of a bus stop there, I just wonder whether Durham Council will bother repainting the markings for the stop and put up a post.
busmanT
14 May 2019, 10:42 pm #166

(14 May 2019, 7:14 pm)streetdeckfan I saw that there are the remains of a bus stop there, I just wonder whether Durham Council will bother repainting the markings for the stop and put up a post.

garym67

15 May 2019, 7:38 am #167

When they re-routed the X31 in Stanley last year DCC did resurrect an old bus stop and put up a new pole so it's certainly possible they will do that.
garym67
15 May 2019, 7:38 am #167

When they re-routed the X31 in Stanley last year DCC did resurrect an old bus stop and put up a new pole so it's certainly possible they will do that.

Rob44

15 May 2019, 9:00 am #168
Does anybody know what bus will be allocated to the new 28b service on Sunday?
Rob44
15 May 2019, 9:00 am #168

Does anybody know what bus will be allocated to the new 28b service on Sunday?

S830OFT

15 May 2019, 9:51 am #169
(15 May 2019, 9:00 am)Rob44 Does anybody know what bus will be allocated to the new 28b service on Sunday?

Likely a Coast and Country StreetLite, as it was said it will interwork with the 28.

S830OFT
15 May 2019, 9:51 am #169

(15 May 2019, 9:00 am)Rob44 Does anybody know what bus will be allocated to the new 28b service on Sunday?

Likely a Coast and Country StreetLite, as it was said it will interwork with the 28.

Rob44

15 May 2019, 10:41 am #170
cheers
Rob44
15 May 2019, 10:41 am #170

cheers

LeeCalder

15 May 2019, 12:28 pm #171
Branded timetables for the Xlines are now available on GNE website
LeeCalder
15 May 2019, 12:28 pm #171

Branded timetables for the Xlines are now available on GNE website

JP6004

15 May 2019, 12:38 pm #172
(15 May 2019, 12:28 pm)LeeCalder Branded timetables for the Xlines are now available on GNE website

Really dont like how the branding will say "From Go North East". Makes it sound as if it's being run on behalf of a 3rd party. Has the "Journeys taken care of" been dropped......seems strange as it's on the new C&C
JP6004
15 May 2019, 12:38 pm #172

(15 May 2019, 12:28 pm)LeeCalder Branded timetables for the Xlines are now available on GNE website

Really dont like how the branding will say "From Go North East". Makes it sound as if it's being run on behalf of a 3rd party. Has the "Journeys taken care of" been dropped......seems strange as it's on the new C&C

V514DFT

15 May 2019, 12:41 pm #173
(15 May 2019, 7:38 am)garym67 When they re-routed the X31 in Stanley last year DCC did resurrect an old bus stop and put up a new pole so it's certainly possible they will do that.

When the SNE started the 22 to Cobalt and Silverlink they installed a new bus stop at the top of Churchill Street near the school,a stop that either hadnt been there for years of a stop that hadnt been there at all

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
15 May 2019, 12:41 pm #173

(15 May 2019, 7:38 am)garym67 When they re-routed the X31 in Stanley last year DCC did resurrect an old bus stop and put up a new pole so it's certainly possible they will do that.

When the SNE started the 22 to Cobalt and Silverlink they installed a new bus stop at the top of Churchill Street near the school,a stop that either hadnt been there for years of a stop that hadnt been there at all

Kind Regards
Tez

Andreos1

15 May 2019, 1:09 pm #174
(15 May 2019, 12:38 pm)JP6004 Really dont like how the branding will say "From Go North East". Makes it sound as if it's being run on behalf of a 3rd party. Has the "Journeys taken care of" been dropped......seems strange as it's on the new C&C

The content and wording, gives me the impression they're pushing it over the 20. 

Even at the bottom of the timetable, there's something about there being more frequent buses between Sunderland and Durham, but they take longer.

Pleased to see that part of Fencehouses isn't losing its direct link to Sunderland completely. Just the ones lost with the 36 and beyond, towards Shields on the 20A.
Edited 15 May 2019, 1:10 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
15 May 2019, 1:09 pm #174

(15 May 2019, 12:38 pm)JP6004 Really dont like how the branding will say "From Go North East". Makes it sound as if it's being run on behalf of a 3rd party. Has the "Journeys taken care of" been dropped......seems strange as it's on the new C&C

The content and wording, gives me the impression they're pushing it over the 20. 

Even at the bottom of the timetable, there's something about there being more frequent buses between Sunderland and Durham, but they take longer.

Pleased to see that part of Fencehouses isn't losing its direct link to Sunderland completely. Just the ones lost with the 36 and beyond, towards Shields on the 20A.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

15 May 2019, 1:48 pm #175
It seems like more of a promotional leaflet than an actual timetable to me. I just wonder what it'd look like with a more crowded timetable
But I must say, the design of the Xlines branding is starting to grow on me, it just happens to be my two least favourite colours combined into one design. I hope when they start rolling it out they vary the colours
streetdeckfan
15 May 2019, 1:48 pm #175

It seems like more of a promotional leaflet than an actual timetable to me. I just wonder what it'd look like with a more crowded timetable
But I must say, the design of the Xlines branding is starting to grow on me, it just happens to be my two least favourite colours combined into one design. I hope when they start rolling it out they vary the colours

15 May 2019, 3:05 pm #176
It's a Ray Stenning inspired/designed timetable...definitely a step up from the bland timetables GNE used to have.
omnicity4659
15 May 2019, 3:05 pm #176

It's a Ray Stenning inspired/designed timetable...definitely a step up from the bland timetables GNE used to have.

15 May 2019, 3:28 pm #177
(15 May 2019, 3:05 pm)omnicity4659 It's a Ray Stenning inspired/designed timetable...definitely a step up from the bland timetables GNE used to have.
I quite liked the old timetable design, it was a table of times, northing more, nothing less
streetdeckfan
15 May 2019, 3:28 pm #177

(15 May 2019, 3:05 pm)omnicity4659 It's a Ray Stenning inspired/designed timetable...definitely a step up from the bland timetables GNE used to have.
I quite liked the old timetable design, it was a table of times, northing more, nothing less

15 May 2019, 6:01 pm #178
After seeing the timetable design for the X6|X7 and X20, I'm really disappointed with GNE. There really wasn't a thing wrong with the old timetable designs, and I hate the use of the stock images to show the landmarks. Their new typeface is also absolutely dreadful compared to the previous.

I also hate the fact GNE are removing brand names and replacing them with ridiculous ones... Blue Arrow merging into "Little Coasters"? replacing IndiGo... what on earth... Blue Arrow was fine... very confused as to why companies bypass the sensical phrase 'if it's not broken, don't fix it'.

To me, this whole GNE branding refresh is awful. The corporate livery was fine, and the brands that have since been removed should have stayed. Lambton Worm, Waggonway, Whey Aye Five-O - all now standard GNE routes... boring! I'm dreading what's coming next after this X-lines announcement.
BeachBoy99
15 May 2019, 6:01 pm #178

After seeing the timetable design for the X6|X7 and X20, I'm really disappointed with GNE. There really wasn't a thing wrong with the old timetable designs, and I hate the use of the stock images to show the landmarks. Their new typeface is also absolutely dreadful compared to the previous.

I also hate the fact GNE are removing brand names and replacing them with ridiculous ones... Blue Arrow merging into "Little Coasters"? replacing IndiGo... what on earth... Blue Arrow was fine... very confused as to why companies bypass the sensical phrase 'if it's not broken, don't fix it'.

To me, this whole GNE branding refresh is awful. The corporate livery was fine, and the brands that have since been removed should have stayed. Lambton Worm, Waggonway, Whey Aye Five-O - all now standard GNE routes... boring! I'm dreading what's coming next after this X-lines announcement.

LeeCalder

15 May 2019, 6:18 pm #179
(15 May 2019, 6:01 pm)BeachBoy99 After seeing the timetable design for the X6|X7 and X20, I'm really disappointed with GNE. There really wasn't a thing wrong with the old timetable designs, and I hate the use of the stock images to show the landmarks. Their new typeface is also absolutely dreadful compared to the previous.

I believe it's to move to a more standardised style of branding. Commercial common sense if you ask me.....
LeeCalder
15 May 2019, 6:18 pm #179

(15 May 2019, 6:01 pm)BeachBoy99 After seeing the timetable design for the X6|X7 and X20, I'm really disappointed with GNE. There really wasn't a thing wrong with the old timetable designs, and I hate the use of the stock images to show the landmarks. Their new typeface is also absolutely dreadful compared to the previous.

I believe it's to move to a more standardised style of branding. Commercial common sense if you ask me.....

Michael

15 May 2019, 6:22 pm #180

I quite like it the timetable design, better than before.

In someways, its not end of the world if they remove certain brands.... the likes of the Whey Aye Five-0 was ridiculous, same as See It Do it Sunderland.... 

End of the day, its up to the managers etc if they want to remove a brand etc.

(15 May 2019, 6:18 pm)LeeCalder I believe it's to move to a more standardised style of branding. Commercial common sense if you ask me.....

Very much so, end of the day, companies move on and i'm glad they're removing pointless brands and refreshing them.
Edited 15 May 2019, 6:23 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 May 2019, 6:22 pm #180

I quite like it the timetable design, better than before.

In someways, its not end of the world if they remove certain brands.... the likes of the Whey Aye Five-0 was ridiculous, same as See It Do it Sunderland.... 

End of the day, its up to the managers etc if they want to remove a brand etc.

(15 May 2019, 6:18 pm)LeeCalder I believe it's to move to a more standardised style of branding. Commercial common sense if you ask me.....

Very much so, end of the day, companies move on and i'm glad they're removing pointless brands and refreshing them.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (25) Previous 18 9 1025 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average