Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2019

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (25) Previous 110 11 1225 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

16 May 2019, 9:56 am #201
(16 May 2019, 6:32 am)Michael When will the online timetables be changed from the horrid black and white versions to GNE standard?

Today.

https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_..._1_WEB.pdf
Dan
16 May 2019, 9:56 am #201

(16 May 2019, 6:32 am)Michael When will the online timetables be changed from the horrid black and white versions to GNE standard?

Today.

https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_..._1_WEB.pdf

Kuyoyo

16 May 2019, 10:22 am #202
And as a result, we have our first look at ‘Little Coasters’

.jpeg
0F18B416-2635-4346-AF5C-0BE2C1746832.jpeg
Size 93.66 KB / Downloads 36
Kuyoyo
16 May 2019, 10:22 am #202

And as a result, we have our first look at ‘Little Coasters’

.jpeg
0F18B416-2635-4346-AF5C-0BE2C1746832.jpeg
Size 93.66 KB / Downloads 36

Andreos1

16 May 2019, 10:25 am #203
(16 May 2019, 8:32 am)Dan Really... We're talking here as if North Shields is a million miles away from Tynemouth. The outlying suburbs I'd agree aren't coastal but the town centre is just a stone's throw away from the likes of Tynemouth which is strongly associated with the coast. Huh

Suppose Stagecoach will have to do away with the 'Seasider' open-top brand, as North Shields Ferry Landing isn't at the seaside, just a river... 

Possibly. But as it then continues to the seaside/coast, then possibly not.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 May 2019, 10:25 am #203

(16 May 2019, 8:32 am)Dan Really... We're talking here as if North Shields is a million miles away from Tynemouth. The outlying suburbs I'd agree aren't coastal but the town centre is just a stone's throw away from the likes of Tynemouth which is strongly associated with the coast. Huh

Suppose Stagecoach will have to do away with the 'Seasider' open-top brand, as North Shields Ferry Landing isn't at the seaside, just a river... 

Possibly. But as it then continues to the seaside/coast, then possibly not.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

16 May 2019, 10:53 am #204
Think we're being a weeny bit pedantic here. North Tyneside Council certainly regard it as a coastal town, as part of their coastal walks - by the way, it's a lovely walk I might add down on a joyous day like today. Cracked open my Collins dictionary and the actual definition of the word 'Coastal' is to be positioned on or near the coast. North Shields' boundaries on a map are near enough the coast for it to be classed as coastal man....

I'm sure the residents of North Shields won't start picketing, they might be even be joyful that their pink inDigo buses have been splashed with some lovely colours.....
Edited 16 May 2019, 11:03 am by RBZ 5459.

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
16 May 2019, 10:53 am #204

Think we're being a weeny bit pedantic here. North Tyneside Council certainly regard it as a coastal town, as part of their coastal walks - by the way, it's a lovely walk I might add down on a joyous day like today. Cracked open my Collins dictionary and the actual definition of the word 'Coastal' is to be positioned on or near the coast. North Shields' boundaries on a map are near enough the coast for it to be classed as coastal man....

I'm sure the residents of North Shields won't start picketing, they might be even be joyful that their pink inDigo buses have been splashed with some lovely colours.....

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

16 May 2019, 11:04 am #205
As the Blue Arrow 11 is being replaced by the Coaster 1A, are the NSAs going to be changed? The 1 and 1A won't have all the required announcements currently. Just interested, the 11 didn't have NSAs so they are not vital. Is the Little Coasters 11 going to get NSAs? Shouldn't it be Little Coaster? A bus can't be a Little Coasters! It's one bus.

Are the Cobalt & Coast NSAs going to have the Cobalt Clipper brand removed?
OrangeArrow49
16 May 2019, 11:04 am #205

As the Blue Arrow 11 is being replaced by the Coaster 1A, are the NSAs going to be changed? The 1 and 1A won't have all the required announcements currently. Just interested, the 11 didn't have NSAs so they are not vital. Is the Little Coasters 11 going to get NSAs? Shouldn't it be Little Coaster? A bus can't be a Little Coasters! It's one bus.

Dan

Site Administrator

16 May 2019, 1:11 pm #206
(16 May 2019, 10:53 am)RBZ 5459 Think we're being a weeny bit pedantic here. North Tyneside Council certainly regard it as a coastal town, as part of their coastal walks - by the way, it's a lovely walk I might add down on a joyous day like today. Cracked open my Collins dictionary and the actual definition of the word 'Coastal' is to be positioned on or near the coast. North Shields' boundaries on a map are near enough the coast for it to be classed as coastal man....

Agree!

(16 May 2019, 11:04 am)OrangeArrow49 As the Blue Arrow 11 is being replaced by the Coaster 1A, are the NSAs going to be changed? The 1 and 1A won't have all the required announcements currently. Just interested, the 11 didn't have NSAs so they are not vital. Is the Little Coasters 11 going to get NSAs? Shouldn't it be Little Coaster? A bus can't be a Little Coasters! It's one bus.

They'll be disabled in the short-term, but longer-term will have the announcements re-enabled for the Coaster 1, 1A and 1B. I think the announcements on the refurbished Volvo B9 have been disabled on the 309/310 already, so shouldn't show the Cobalt Clipper brand name anymore.

The Little Coasters won't have Next Stop Announcements anymore (as the Solos which have the announcements are being moved across to different routes).
Dan
16 May 2019, 1:11 pm #206

(16 May 2019, 10:53 am)RBZ 5459 Think we're being a weeny bit pedantic here. North Tyneside Council certainly regard it as a coastal town, as part of their coastal walks - by the way, it's a lovely walk I might add down on a joyous day like today. Cracked open my Collins dictionary and the actual definition of the word 'Coastal' is to be positioned on or near the coast. North Shields' boundaries on a map are near enough the coast for it to be classed as coastal man....

Agree!

(16 May 2019, 11:04 am)OrangeArrow49 As the Blue Arrow 11 is being replaced by the Coaster 1A, are the NSAs going to be changed? The 1 and 1A won't have all the required announcements currently. Just interested, the 11 didn't have NSAs so they are not vital. Is the Little Coasters 11 going to get NSAs? Shouldn't it be Little Coaster? A bus can't be a Little Coasters! It's one bus.

They'll be disabled in the short-term, but longer-term will have the announcements re-enabled for the Coaster 1, 1A and 1B. I think the announcements on the refurbished Volvo B9 have been disabled on the 309/310 already, so shouldn't show the Cobalt Clipper brand name anymore.

The Little Coasters won't have Next Stop Announcements anymore (as the Solos which have the announcements are being moved across to different routes).

JP6004

16 May 2019, 3:29 pm #207
Just been looking at new timetables on GNE website that may give a few hints to brands/allocations.....

55/55A have corporate citaro
13/14/25/35/X22 have corporate omnicity
71 corporate versa
33 corporate solo

A lot of corporate omnicities......
JP6004
16 May 2019, 3:29 pm #207

Just been looking at new timetables on GNE website that may give a few hints to brands/allocations.....

71 corporate versa
33 corporate solo

16 May 2019, 3:36 pm #208
(16 May 2019, 3:29 pm)JP6004 Just been looking at new timetables on GNE website that may give a few hints to brands/allocations.....

71 corporate versa
33 corporate solo

38/238 and 64/95 also shows corporate Versa on the timetable
Edited 16 May 2019, 3:43 pm by enviro7501.
enviro7501
16 May 2019, 3:36 pm #208

(16 May 2019, 3:29 pm)JP6004 Just been looking at new timetables on GNE website that may give a few hints to brands/allocations.....

71 corporate versa
33 corporate solo

38/238 and 64/95 also shows corporate Versa on the timetable

16 May 2019, 3:37 pm #209
Anyone know what is changing with the Tynedale Express X84 and X85 next month? Where is the new Toon Tour going to go?
OrangeArrow49
16 May 2019, 3:37 pm #209

Anyone know what is changing with the Tynedale Express X84 and X85 next month? Where is the new Toon Tour going to go?

16 May 2019, 3:39 pm #210
Remember in the early 90s buses ran by Go-Ahead in North Tyneside carried the Coastline name despite 60% of services not going near the coast.

I think Little Coasters is a great brand name, gives the buses in North Tyneside their own identity.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
16 May 2019, 3:39 pm #210

Remember in the early 90s buses ran by Go-Ahead in North Tyneside carried the Coastline name despite 60% of services not going near the coast.

I think Little Coasters is a great brand name, gives the buses in North Tyneside their own identity.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

16 May 2019, 3:52 pm #211
(16 May 2019, 1:11 pm)Dan Agree!

Seems to be a lot of disabling of what are essentially journey assistance aids, surely everything should be set up already to provide a seamless transition? If I was deaf or blind, I couldn't care less what the brand of the bus was!
omnicity4659
16 May 2019, 3:52 pm #211

(16 May 2019, 1:11 pm)Dan Agree!

Seems to be a lot of disabling of what are essentially journey assistance aids, surely everything should be set up already to provide a seamless transition? If I was deaf or blind, I couldn't care less what the brand of the bus was!

N1cholas

16 May 2019, 4:04 pm #212
If the versa's do go on the 238 i wonder if they have taken one around north lea in seaham to test it out, it is tight enough with a solo at times, i wonder if all these vehicle movements happen this weekend and if they are it could see the end of deptfords scaina's at the same time
N1cholas
16 May 2019, 4:04 pm #212

If the versa's do go on the 238 i wonder if they have taken one around north lea in seaham to test it out, it is tight enough with a solo at times, i wonder if all these vehicle movements happen this weekend and if they are it could see the end of deptfords scaina's at the same time

JP6004

16 May 2019, 4:09 pm #213
(16 May 2019, 4:04 pm)N1cholas If the versa's do go on the 238 i wonder if they have taken one around north lea in seaham to test it out, it is tight enough with a solo at times, i wonder if all these vehicle movements happen this weekend and if they are it could see the end of deptfords scaina's at the same time

It's been confirmed a few L94s will be withdrawn this weekend, then a big chunk when new buses arrive in few months. Suppose pointless putting L94 picture on if they wont be here long
JP6004
16 May 2019, 4:09 pm #213

(16 May 2019, 4:04 pm)N1cholas If the versa's do go on the 238 i wonder if they have taken one around north lea in seaham to test it out, it is tight enough with a solo at times, i wonder if all these vehicle movements happen this weekend and if they are it could see the end of deptfords scaina's at the same time

It's been confirmed a few L94s will be withdrawn this weekend, then a big chunk when new buses arrive in few months. Suppose pointless putting L94 picture on if they wont be here long

ne14ne1

16 May 2019, 4:25 pm #214
(16 May 2019, 3:52 pm)omnicity4659 Seems to be a lot of disabling of what are essentially journey assistance aids, surely everything should be set up already to provide a seamless transition? If I was deaf or blind, I couldn't care less what the brand of the bus was!

I was thinking the very same.
ne14ne1
16 May 2019, 4:25 pm #214

(16 May 2019, 3:52 pm)omnicity4659 Seems to be a lot of disabling of what are essentially journey assistance aids, surely everything should be set up already to provide a seamless transition? If I was deaf or blind, I couldn't care less what the brand of the bus was!

I was thinking the very same.

Dan

Site Administrator

16 May 2019, 4:31 pm #215

(16 May 2019, 4:25 pm)ne14ne1 I was thinking the very same.

If I was deaf or blind, I'd hope that an audio/visual aid wouldn't be incorrect, which of course is the alternative if everything cannot be set up in time. Arriva North East tend to go for that option I have found, which I personally don't think is the best option for passengers who are visually impaired.

It is of course just a temporary solution... With over 50 buses transferring between depots this weekend, via points making a return to the destination displays, as well as timetables making a comeback (and lots of other things going on too), I'm sure you'll appreciate something has to give. Dodgy
Dan
16 May 2019, 4:31 pm #215

(16 May 2019, 4:25 pm)ne14ne1 I was thinking the very same.

If I was deaf or blind, I'd hope that an audio/visual aid wouldn't be incorrect, which of course is the alternative if everything cannot be set up in time. Arriva North East tend to go for that option I have found, which I personally don't think is the best option for passengers who are visually impaired.

It is of course just a temporary solution... With over 50 buses transferring between depots this weekend, via points making a return to the destination displays, as well as timetables making a comeback (and lots of other things going on too), I'm sure you'll appreciate something has to give. Dodgy

BusLoverMum

16 May 2019, 4:31 pm #216

Quite. It's an easy walk from tynemouth to North Shields and can be done without ever losing sight of waterm
BusLoverMum
16 May 2019, 4:31 pm #216

Quite. It's an easy walk from tynemouth to North Shields and can be done without ever losing sight of waterm

Adrian

16 May 2019, 4:38 pm #217
I was never a fan of the Coast & Country brand, for the reason it doesn't go to a coast. But in this instance I do think it makes sense, as the 'Little Coasters' brand is complimenting the 'Coaster' brand, as almost a branding family. Not everything has to be black or white.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 May 2019, 4:38 pm #217

I was never a fan of the Coast & Country brand, for the reason it doesn't go to a coast. But in this instance I do think it makes sense, as the 'Little Coasters' brand is complimenting the 'Coaster' brand, as almost a branding family. Not everything has to be black or white.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

16 May 2019, 4:38 pm #218
(16 May 2019, 4:31 pm)Dan If I was deaf or blind, I'd hope that an audio/visual aid wouldn't be incorrect, which of course is the alternative if everything cannot be set up in time. Arriva North East tend to go for that option I have found, which I personally don't think is the best option for passengers who are visually impaired.

It is of course just a temporary solution... With over 50 buses transferring between depots this weekend, as well as timetables making a return and lots of other things going on, I'm sure you'll appreciate something has to give. Dodgy

But this isn't the first time this has happened though, the Tyne Valley Ten also had the equipment disabled for a very long time.

As for the buses transferring between depots, timetables and various other things, there's multiple people involved, including external agencies, I don't see how this can affect a sole person?

I'm involved in updating a lot of AV equipment across the country and I haven't had to have the equipment turned off during a transition...
omnicity4659
16 May 2019, 4:38 pm #218

(16 May 2019, 4:31 pm)Dan If I was deaf or blind, I'd hope that an audio/visual aid wouldn't be incorrect, which of course is the alternative if everything cannot be set up in time. Arriva North East tend to go for that option I have found, which I personally don't think is the best option for passengers who are visually impaired.

It is of course just a temporary solution... With over 50 buses transferring between depots this weekend, as well as timetables making a return and lots of other things going on, I'm sure you'll appreciate something has to give. Dodgy

But this isn't the first time this has happened though, the Tyne Valley Ten also had the equipment disabled for a very long time.

As for the buses transferring between depots, timetables and various other things, there's multiple people involved, including external agencies, I don't see how this can affect a sole person?

I'm involved in updating a lot of AV equipment across the country and I haven't had to have the equipment turned off during a transition...

Michael

16 May 2019, 4:44 pm #219

71 corporate versa
33 corporate solo

35 shows corporate Omnicity
Edited 16 May 2019, 4:45 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 May 2019, 4:44 pm #219

71 corporate versa
33 corporate solo

35 shows corporate Omnicity

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

JP6004

16 May 2019, 4:47 pm #220
(16 May 2019, 4:44 pm)Michael 35 shows corporate Omnicity

Well done for reading lmao
JP6004