Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (15): Previous 113 14 15
cbma06

30 Jun 2019, 6:08 pm #281
(30 Jun 2019, 3:46 pm)ne14ne1

Post-refurb the 56 for example could be called the Citylink 56 as it links 2 cities and is competing against other operators/modes, so maybe its justified in having it's own identity. However I agree with you, routes like the 57 & 58 etc should have their route branding dropped and adopt the new corporate livery, (as long as the trial 'replacement panel look' to the front doesn't return. Haha).

I also think they need to be careful they do not apply the X-Lines express branding to what are essentially slow/stopping services, even if the route happens to include a short section they deem to be 'non-stop'. 
Any potential new customers they're trying to temp onboard their buses by selling them their express offer are going to be left disappointed if they find Go North East's expresses actually stop every few minutes and don't get you anywhere fast.

Whilst enthusiasts like seeing different colours and designs splashed all over I do think a transport system should have a smart recognisable identity across the board. I even think one identity, or at least one house colour should be applied across all operators in the area too, (along with one ticketing system -but thats another issue).

It might be boring to enthusiasts but you have to wonder how many non-enthusiasts, i.e the majority, whether they're locals or visitors, actually see the Crusader, Green Arrow, Coaster, X9 or Citylink brands and realise they're all ran by the same company.

If I was visiting or new to Tyne & Wear and had purchased a Go North East pass its not immediately obvious which passing buses I can use unless I scour the entire bus looking for a logo. Even the new Cobalt & Coast livery - could the Go North East logos on the sides not have been put above the doors and drivers cab, rather than towards the back after the advert panels?

Ideally local/stopping buses in the area should have a common uniform. To encourage the use of public transport it needs to be as easy as possible to use. People shouldn't have to worry about what colour the bus is or what route name it's been given, or even who operates it if we're being honest - obviously the latter depending on a cross-operator ticketing system being in place.

Is there a problem on Tapatalk, as the reply I got was about 4 pages long of symbols (copy and paste)

cbma06
30 Jun 2019, 6:08 pm #281

(30 Jun 2019, 3:46 pm)ne14ne1

Post-refurb the 56 for example could be called the Citylink 56 as it links 2 cities and is competing against other operators/modes, so maybe its justified in having it's own identity. However I agree with you, routes like the 57 & 58 etc should have their route branding dropped and adopt the new corporate livery, (as long as the trial 'replacement panel look' to the front doesn't return. Haha).

I also think they need to be careful they do not apply the X-Lines express branding to what are essentially slow/stopping services, even if the route happens to include a short section they deem to be 'non-stop'. 
Any potential new customers they're trying to temp onboard their buses by selling them their express offer are going to be left disappointed if they find Go North East's expresses actually stop every few minutes and don't get you anywhere fast.

Whilst enthusiasts like seeing different colours and designs splashed all over I do think a transport system should have a smart recognisable identity across the board. I even think one identity, or at least one house colour should be applied across all operators in the area too, (along with one ticketing system -but thats another issue).

It might be boring to enthusiasts but you have to wonder how many non-enthusiasts, i.e the majority, whether they're locals or visitors, actually see the Crusader, Green Arrow, Coaster, X9 or Citylink brands and realise they're all ran by the same company.

If I was visiting or new to Tyne & Wear and had purchased a Go North East pass its not immediately obvious which passing buses I can use unless I scour the entire bus looking for a logo. Even the new Cobalt & Coast livery - could the Go North East logos on the sides not have been put above the doors and drivers cab, rather than towards the back after the advert panels?

Ideally local/stopping buses in the area should have a common uniform. To encourage the use of public transport it needs to be as easy as possible to use. People shouldn't have to worry about what colour the bus is or what route name it's been given, or even who operates it if we're being honest - obviously the latter depending on a cross-operator ticketing system being in place.

Is there a problem on Tapatalk, as the reply I got was about 4 pages long of symbols (copy and paste)

Pages (15): Previous 113 14 15

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average